LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an older generation gal I appreciate the younger generation peeps pointing out lingo and text/FB habits, etc. We can read so much into stuff that isn't there especially when we're not hip to what's groovy these days - ha!

One thing I've noticed, and in two different cases it's posed a problem, in that text messages are not really speaking to a person (that's brilliant!). Charlie says she last had contact with Mickey at 11:45PM Friday night. At first I assumed C had spoken to M at that time. Later I heard C say that they had exchanged texts. Texts don't hold water when investigating a crime because we can't prove who sent them. My message to young people is when you're communicating with someone for safety sake, please don't rely on texting but take time to actually speak to the person to be sure everything is ok. Everyone say together, 'YES MOM'. ty.

Speaking of phones, would MC ever turn off her phone because/when she was riding her bike? That makes no sense. If she fell or something she'd want to grab it from her pocket to call for help. Who turned off MS's phone? If it runs out of juice does that mean vm no longer works?
Had peeps been leaving vm or they just were getting no response? Beginning from what time? Even though LE does not have MS's phone, they can still obtain her phone records which I'm sure they've already done by now.

:welcome: Bzarektah! Thank you for a most informative post that provides good background info about the area!

Sounds like they haven't seen on any cameras they thought she should be on...
most strange no one has come forward to say the saw her....
A map showing location of known cams would be most helpful. Test runs to see is a person is even picked up by them at night would be good too.
Brings memories of Lauren Spierer's case of her not being seen on camera at crucial time...
According to the Louisiana DOT website the only 2 webcams/traffic cams that appear to be on her route home are at Congress & Bertrand and another at Congress & Foreman.
http://hb.511la.org/main.jsf?minLat=29.98761&minLon=-92.411499&maxLat=30.511952&maxLon=-91.799011
You'll probably have to zoom in on the map to see those 2 cameras. They're live feed ... wonder if a history/archive is kept of the video??

:rocker:eek:K every one im new to WS sO.. But i wanted to say somethings
1st/ My wife and i r locals to lafayette she was born and rasied here this our home. We have kids two little girls that r very dear to us so u could see my concern in this case. since the day of MS disappearence we have been in the streets looking like manymany others but we have recoverd nothing. With that being said their are only coulpe things that could of happened to her::;(
:jail:BW:jail: an because she was last seen with him, they were alone, His story has changed multi times, everyhting from his statements to news,to colaboration with the family about mickeys usual activities are changed over the past six days all things lead to him but u have to prove it to a court beyond a reasonable doubt so with that, u can also say that she was abducted by a pro. only cuz there is no trace, a sloppy job such as a hit an run or a small time crook evidence would have been left somewhere and once again theres none [well so far six days in and about 500 people covering a 5 mile radius] And a pro. would have left no trace made sure her phone was turned off, and been out the city before even one eye was lifted. But back to BW there is food at artmosphere {great food so good shaq him self stops all the time } so why she would go to the taco bell where all the food sucks and being 1 in the morning probably get your order wrong (from experience i know) or the fact theres no trace of her anywhere noone saw her its sounds to me like she never left his house. He seems really suspicious in my opinion... in every way since the beginning and now even the search party has moved from his house It took sixteen hours til someone called and thats alot of time to clean things up your car everything... weird dont you think... i wonder if when they searched his car if they found her prints b/c if they didnt that would mean he cleaned his car right after.. b/c she did ride to taco bell in his car. It all doesnt add up.. No camera footage.. then hes stating FIRST COMMENT "Walked her out the back door and watched her ride away down the road" SECOND COMMENT pertaining to same thing just later on... "checked her purse, checked her mase, let her out the back door, closed and locked it thats the last i seen of her. THIRD COMMENT pertaining to the same thing again just later on changed stories.. "let her out down the driveway and watched her ride off" why when the news talks to him he adds in so much detail like hes trying to justify his innocence... like on JVM when she asked him did they search your house and find anything she may have left he added in a shitload of justification of his innocence and thats not what she asked or the whole interview is so sketchy and SOOO MUCH MORE WEVE HEARD FROM THIS SAME GUY THAT LAST SAW HER http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/23/where-mickey-shunick (this is the link of the video released recently) :banghead::banghead:

As I mentioned before
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7960300&postcount=152"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2[/ame]

I believe if she was taken while riding it would require two or more thugs, one to keep her subdued while the other(s) grabbed her bike and anything that fell off it or her... that seems very planned and done.
If done like that, then rule of three seem to apply; abduct her at one location, discard her thing at another, and sadly leave her at a third... So where's her bike? Thrown off a bridge? Would remove DNA, but might still be paint on it if they hit her to knock
her down... if they are local, then bike is around somewhere...
hidden in carnival stuff?

Bzarektah36 ... awesome post :clap: and welcome to Websleuths!!!

Nancy Grace covering the case tonight.

Beautiful picture of Mickey :rose:

553536_10150931742983287_435497769_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.p...81644928287.401117.56641053286&type=1&theater

If your phone is turned off, it will still go to VM until the VM box is full.

:rocker:eek:K every one im new to WS sO.. But i wanted to say somethings
1st/ My wife and i r locals to lafayette she was born and rasied here this our home. We have kids two little girls that r very dear to us so u could see my concern in this case. since the day of MS disappearence we have been in the streets looking like manymany others but we have recoverd nothing. With that being said their are only coulpe things that could of happened to her::;(
:jail:BW:jail: an because she was last seen with him, they were alone, His story has changed multi times, everyhting from his statements to news,to colaboration with the family about mickeys usual activities are changed over the past six days all things lead to him but u have to prove it to a court beyond a reasonable doubt so with that, u can also say that she was abducted by a pro. only cuz there is no trace, a sloppy job such as a hit an run or a small time crook evidence would have been left somewhere and once again theres none [well so far six days in and about 500 people covering a 5 mile radius] And a pro. would have left no trace made sure her phone was turned off, and been out the city before even one eye was lifted. But back to BW there is food at artmosphere {great food so good shaq him self stops all the time } so why she would go to the taco bell where all the food sucks and being 1 in the morning probably get your order wrong (from experience i know) or the fact theres no trace of her anywhere noone saw her its sounds to me like she never left his house. He seems really suspicious in my opinion... in every way since the beginning and now even the search party has moved from his house It took sixteen hours til someone called and thats alot of time to clean things up your car everything... weird dont you think... i wonder if when they searched his car if they found her prints b/c if they didnt that would mean he cleaned his car right after.. b/c she did ride to taco bell in his car. It all doesnt add up.. No camera footage.. then hes stating FIRST COMMENT "Walked her out the back door and watched her ride away down the road" SECOND COMMENT pertaining to same thing just later on... "checked her purse, checked her mase, let her out the back door, closed and locked it thats the last i seen of her. THIRD COMMENT pertaining to the same thing again just later on changed stories.. "let her out down the driveway and watched her ride off" why when the news talks to him he adds in so much detail like hes trying to justify his innocence... like on JVM when she asked him did they search your house and find anything she may have left he added in a shitload of justification of his innocence and thats not what she asked or the whole interview is so sketchy and SOOO MUCH MORE WEVE HEARD FROM THIS SAME GUY THAT LAST SAW HER http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/23/where-mickey-shunick (this is the link of the video released recently) :banghead::banghead:

Again, this is JMO but, if I weren't feeling well and I was tired and hungry, the LAST place I would want to be is a crowded bar with a loud band playing. Even if they served great food. It makes perfect sense to me to go through a drive thru and eat in the quiet home with a friend.

Secondly, he would have definitely had to clean his car out. Now, LE would be able to tell if something were cleaned out, even if they checked it a few days later. They said today that they checked and they have NO reason to believe that BW is involved. That says to me, his car probably looked and smelled like a normal 22 yr olds.

Lastly, all three comments that you listed were really not all that different. You insinuated his story changed. His story does not change. In all three, she goes out of the back door and he watches her. I believe that he just didn't mention the checking of the mase and purse in the others. "Let her out down the driveway." That could absolutely mean the same thing as he let her out and watched her down the driveway.

Also, the search is being moved because he lives in a tiny house. The search is getting bigger. Texas Equasearch is here now and it's probable that THEY wanted it moved to a bigger location. Make perfect sense.

In MOO it seems like people want it to be him so badly. Yes, he's an awkward, quirky guy. He's the last person who saw her. I get it. He should be ruled out before ANYONE. But LE has verbally stated that everything's been checked and he's even taken a LDT. He's not lawyering up. Let's give this guy a break!

This is all my opinion only.

I listened to Chief Craft on the radio just now. After hearing him say that BW is not a suspect after BW took a polygraph I'm willing to give the little hipster <modsnip> some slack for now. His story is backed up by video as well, which makes me feel like I've been hard on the little guy.

Craft also said that she has not appeared on any video along her route, and that they've looked at an awful lot. He says that most of the video is of inside stores, and that you can just peek out onto the street in some of it and it's extremely difficult to see anything beyond the doors. He intimated that some of the video was sent out for processing to get a clearer picture but to no avail.

The green van is a big deal to me. I believe if it were an abduction it was planned and would take two people to pull off. The van would hide the culprits and the bike and anything the needed to hide.

I can't believe I am watching Nancy Grace, but I am. First time in years!

This is the first time I've ever heard her actively defend the person last seen with a missing person.

Did I hear her say Brettly submitted to SIXTEEN HOURS of interrogation by LE?

"not accusing the guy... but he WAS the last one to see her and is thus "ground zero" for the investigation."

This is my current state of mind.

Possible motive: Shunned?

BW: "No. No, not at all. Me and Mickey actually got to know each other because I was dating her best friend. After me and her friend split up, me and Mickey kind of got a little closer, but it was never anything but platonic, and that was fine. "

<modsnip>

****Not a fan of his drive through answer. Did they use the drive through or not? If I am not mistaken he said they did, then said they "couldnt"???

EDITED: Disregard as I highly doubt the car ride was for food

IMO

I am starting to agree here. If there were no other sightings, I am thinking the car ride was for more than just a drive through to Taco Bell. The fact that she wasn't officially reported missing til Saturday at 6 gave so much time to the perpetrator, no matter who it is, a head start on covering their tracks.

So there is video of someone going by on a bike....don't know if it's a girl or guy rider, poor quality of video. Plus the store time is off so they don't know exactly what time the rider passed the camera......

NOBODY IS SAYING WHERE THIS VIDEO WAS TAKEN! Aaarrrggghhhhhh....

I can't believe I am watching Nancy Grace, but I am. First time in years!

This is the first time I've ever heard her actively defend the person last seen with a missing person.

Did I hear her say Brettly submitted to SIXTEEN HOURS of interrogation by LE?

Yes that's what she said. He also took a polygraph.

Apparently the Taco Bell surveillance video only shows BW. Can't see Mickey in the passenger seat. Her ATM card was used to purchase the food and BW is seen passing the food over to someone on the passenger side who everyone assumes was Mickey.

Video was taken within the time frame she disappeared, was taken at a location between Brettly's house and Mickey's home.

Chief Craft can't say definitively who the bike rider was, cuz there are lots of bikes out there at that time of night.

Straight out to our exclusive guest, Brettly Wilson, the very last person to see Mickey Shunick before she vanished.

Brettly, thank you so much for joining us tonight. Let`s just start by -- if you can tell us what happened, you`re at this Artmosphere with apparently nine other friends, including Mickey. And how did you end up getting separated from eight of them and then you and Mickey going back to your place?

WILSON: Well, Mickey was pretty tired. Her sister had come in the night before. They were both going to go to her brother`s graduation the next night. And so she as ready to go before anyone else was.

By the end of the night came, everyone decided they were going to go their separate ways. They didn`t want food. They wanted to go home and didn`t want to go somewhere else. So me and Mickey took off towards my house, and I offered to get her food at a nearby Taco Bell.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you went -- you went to Taco Bell straight from Artmosphere, or did you go home first?

WILSON: We went to my house. It was too late to bike indoors (ph) with Taco Bell. So we got in the car, and I took her through the drive- through. She picked something up, brought it back. She ate it.

At that point we got two phone calls from friends, asking, you know, where we were, checking on us and saying they were going to go get food somewhere else. At that point, Mickey decided she was still too tired. She had gotten food and so she had wanted to go home at that point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. So now here`s my question. She`s tired. She doesn`t want to bike to the Taco Bell to get something to eat. But then she proceeds to get on her bike and bike more than four miles home, even though she`s so tired?

WILSON: No. We can`t get into the Taco Bell after a certain period of night. The car was just so that we could actually get food.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What? I didn`t get that. You can explain to me. What did he say?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Went through the drive-through.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, the drive-through is open, but you can`t -- see, I don`t go to fast-food joints. That`s why I don`t know this. OK. We`ll be talking about that later in our show, but you have to drive to get into a fast-food drive-through. You can`t bike up there. So if you bike up there, they won`t serve you, is that it?

WILSON: No. No, we`ve tried.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. All right. So I am here with famed former prosecutor Marcia Clark, author of "Guilt by Degrees," as well as Wendy Walsh, psychologist and co-host of "The Doctors." And these two ladies are also going to participate and ask you questions.

Do you have some questions, Marcia, for Brettly?

MARCIA CLARK, FORMER PROSECUTOR: Well, I actually want to pursue the question you asked, which is she was really tired and obviously, he had a car. So Brettly, if you had a car, why didn`t you just drive her home and carry the bike home in your car?

WILSON: I didn`t have a bike rack on my car. Mickey has done this, you know, every night we`ve ever gone out. She`s ridden her bike somewhere. She actually rode her bike to the show, which is a bit further than my house. It was nothing out of the ordinary for her to bike anywhere, no matter the time of day.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, she was drinking or not that night?

WILSON: No. She`d gone out the night before. She didn`t have anything to drink, to my knowledge. She seemed pretty exhausted and nauseous from the night before. So I didn`t see her drink anything. I don`t think she drank anything.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Have police searched your house, Brettly, to see if she left something there? Have they gone in and searched your house?

WILSON: Yes. The police have gone ahead and through protocol searched my home, searched my car. I allowed them access to my laptop, any of my personal information, Facebook, e-mail. I allowed them access to my phone, pretty much anything they could have used that would have helped find Mickey.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wendy Walsh, psychologist and co-host of "The Doctors."

WENDY WALSH, PSYCHOLOGIST: I want to know how long you`ve known Mickey.

WILSON: I`ve known Mickey a good while. We`ve become pretty close friends in the past three years.

WALSH: What`s a good while?

WILSON: About three, four years.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, I thought you knew her since, like, kindergarten or something.

WALSH: Did you go to college together? Are you a college student, as well?

WILSON: Yes, we`re going to college together. I kind of knew her off and on through high school, but we never really were that close until I finally started going to college.

WALSH: so is this a dating relationship? Is this a romantic relationship?

WILSON: No. No, not at all. Me and Mickey actually got to know each other because I was dating her best friend. After me and her friend split up, me and Mickey kind of got a little closer, but it was never anything but platonic, and that was fine.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Brettly, I -- first of all, I want to thank you for answering these questions. And I know that you are a very, very dear friend of hers.

Now, in asking these questions we ask only because you were the last person to see her before she vanished. That`s the only reason. And we want to stress absolutely that you`re not being looked at in any way, shape or form. We are simply asking questions because we are desperate, as you are, to find this young lady. And we have to start at the beginning; that`s where we always start.

So I want to thank you for answering all those questions. And you gave excellent explanations for everything we asked. So I just want to put that out there and make that absolutely clear.

On the other side of the break, we are going to talk to Tom Shunick, this beautiful missing woman`s daughter -- father. And we`re also going to talk to the missing woman`s sister and Jon Lieberman, investigative reporter. Stay right there.

more at the link

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/23/ijvm.01.html

Huh? his first quote states the friends wanted to go home and didn't want food, they wanted to go home. Second quote he says they called and were going for food....

Apparently the Taco Bell surveillance video only shows BW. Can't see Mickey in the passenger seat. Her ATM card was used to purchase the food and BW is seen passing the food over to someone on the passenger side who everyone assumes was Mickey.

Mickey confirmed to a friend that night via cell phone that she had gone to Taco Bell with Brettly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member