TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be hard for me to exist here since I'm FIRMLY rooted that Brandon did not kill Missy or ask anyone to kill Missy, but I'll give it a try if my local perspective can answer a question for someone (without it being speculative or betraying my friends' confidences).

I don't know how to go about verifying I am who I say I am, but if a moderator wants to reach out to me, I'm glad to go through the process.
Honeybee85---- thank you for staying with us. . My daughter lives in M near there and is a member of CG, so this case is very near and dear. I'm wondering since there is no suspect , is the general consensus that of fear for a killer on the loose? Is LE cautioning everyone?

I'm just curious how law enforcement were able to determine the approx year, color & make of the vehicle. From the photo it certainly isn't that clear. And if they have a better/clearer image - why did they not release that to the public.

attachment.php

From the features - shape of headlights, trunk, etc., they can identify make and model. And since car models change every several years, those particular features will point to a range of several years.

Where is the 2 hours before the murder coming from? Is the car photo timestamped? Because I know I read an article yesterday that said the car was seen just over an hour before the murder. I have only watched the presser once, though, so I don't remember what was said about the time the car was seen.

I believe the two hours was mentioned in the last press-conference.

To those who are going on the theory that it was a random vandalism or random burglary, is that from the process of elimination because the SW has not been caught as a member of family/friends/coworkers? Or do you really think that is the reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is of personal nature.. The question needs to be turned around and asked, "What was in the church worth taking with no vehicle?" ( Doesn't fit together)

To me the simplest answer is some wacko was vandalizing the church when he was surprised by MB & used whatever he had with him to stop her from exposing him. I have a hard time believing that if it was planned a more efficient weapon would have been used. jmo

The snazzy costume/cover up would stop her from exposing him !!

Link please. And Explain more. Thanks.

I'm not going to dig up the links for you, but in an early press conference, LE stated that a car was caught on video in the church parking lot; however, they were not comfortable sharing info (make/model) with the public.

In yesterday's press conference, LE described the Nissan Altima and asked for the public's help identifying the vehicle, owner or driver.

LE did not say they were the same vehicle. They did not say they were not the same vehicle. People here in this thread have deduced of their own accord that it is likely the same vehicle, but that is not a fact stated by LE.

Time line:
3:50 - 4:00 A few short clips of video evidence of what the suspect was doing.
4:00 - 4:20 Big black hole. No video evidence.
4:20 MB was murdered per LE.
4:20 - 4:35 Big black hole. No video evidence.
4:35 First witness arrived.

I love how you guys can piece together everything that happened over the course of 45 minutes from just a few seconds of video. :)

Missy was seen on video surveillance at 4:18am. The video has not been released to the public, that I am aware of.

LINK:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-ch...issy-bevers-received-creepy-linkedin-message/

"Bevers was seen on surveillance video arriving at the church at 4:18 a.m."

I think this case is wrapped up, just waiting for the arrest.

110% agree!! Think they've known who it was all along, but have to gather all evidence. Think the presser was to shut people up on FB groups and also to make killer think they're in the clear. Someone.will crack soon JMO.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fo...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-380275011.html

"Rumors on social media sites and false reports about an arrest have hindered the investigation as officers have to review potential leads and tips that have generated from such discussion.
He also said it’s been hard on the family to hear an arrest has been made, when in fact one has not been completed."

UBM:
Does that mean anything or is it just bad wording?

This is of personal nature.. The question needs to be turned around and asked, "What was in the church worth taking with no vehicle?" ( Doesn't fit together)

I believe the perp had a vehicle in church parking lot to use. I doubt I'm I'm alone in that belief.

The snazzy costume/cover up would stop her from exposing him !!

Not if she/he was overpowered by MB. Maybe all those wounds were not evidence of hatred or revenge, but rather what it took to subdue her with an inefficient weapon. One of the questions I would have loved to ask at the presser is if any of the wounds were post mortem.

I'm just curious how law enforcement were able to determine the approx year, color & make of the vehicle. From the photo it certainly isn't that clear. And if they have a better/clearer image - why did they not release that to the public. View attachment 95020
Thanks, MrsPC. Funny how one image posted doesn't work well, and then someone else posts it and it's beautiful. That is the only clear, good photo I have seen of the Altima. JMO but the small relfection from the interior is simply the rearview mirror which is usually cocked slightly toward a driver giving the reflection the appearance of being off-center - nothing as exciting as a GPS or mirror in the visor. Are those the bottom of window frames above the stone work, as though the car pulled in facing the building? (of course I did not save the correct photos of SWFA exterior, only the aerials.)

Time line:
3:50 - 4:00 A few short clips of video evidence of what the suspect was doing.
4:00 - 4:20 Big black hole. No video evidence.
4:20 MB was murdered per LE.
4:20 - 4:35 Big black hole. No video evidence.
4:35 First witness arrived.

I love how you guys can piece together everything that happened over the course of 45 minutes from just a few seconds of video. :)

KaaBoom
Seems we were thinking along the same line and both posting at same time too. Just saying it differently.

ETA: pasting from my earlier post:
"Sometimes on basis of lack of information re Fact/Event X, we azz-ume that Fact/Event X did not occur.
LE is not obligated to release all results of investigation to the public on an ongoing basis*. LE is legally permitted to mislead or in fact lie in such circumstances. Just thinking about how we process info and lack of info and draw conclusions, sometimes founded, sometimes not founded.
JM2cts, could be wrong. IDK.
"

I believe the perp had a vehicle in church parking lot to use. I doubt I'm I'm alone in that belief.

How is this known? The officers are saying that Missy was spotted on camera ( her vehicle) pulling up to the parking lot at 4:18 and say nothing about another car in the parking lot. Where is the car/SUV/truck? They haven't released video of Missy (at all)

How is this known? The officers are saying that Missy was spotted on camera ( her vehicle) pulling up to the parking lot at 4:18 and say nothing about another car in the parking lot. Where is the car/SUV/truck? They haven't released video of Missy (at all)

I think the "I believe" part answers your question.

If the perp had a car in the church parking lot it was not caught on church cameras because those cameras were only working intermittently and/or malfunctioned. If a VOI was caught in the church parking lot, I believe LE (and CG campers would have commented on a strange vehicle in the church parking lot when they arrived if they had seen one) would have released the picture of a VOI and not a vehicle caught on camera at the SWFA store 2 hours prior to the break-in at the church.

View attachment 95020 Peoples - help me out here. I thought that LE said, and it has been discussed, that the Altima pulled into the gun store parking lot - this image is allegedly from the gun store video - but tell me that the window frames and stone work lower wall do not resemble the CoC - look to the left of this photo of the SW corner, and also note the approximate size of that sedan in the photo. Does the gun store have that stone work, too, and why would a gun store have accessible windows like that?

Attachments

• church SW outside.jpg
    church SW outside.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 179
I appreciate your comments. I was the one that first suggested you get verified. Comments you have made ( LE has told family members they are cleared) would not normally be allowed unless you are a verified insider. However, mods have given us a lot of leeway on this thread & as long as they have not chastised you keep on talking.jmo

Did you mean this to go to Honeybee85?

View attachment 95020 Peoples - help me out here. I thought that LE said, and it has been discussed, that the Altima pulled into the gun store parking lot - this image is allegedly from the gun store video - but tell me that the window frames and stone work lower wall do not resemble the CoC - look to the left of this photo of the SW corner, and also note the approximate size of that sedan in the photo. Does the gun store have that stone work, too, and why would a gun store have accessible windows like that?

What windows?!? That car is pulling into 287. Do you not see the street strip right in front of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow