Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much traffic that time of morningthough wouldnot be too hard to do

No, not much - but it would still be taking one hell of a risk, with it being the only road in to Mt Crosby from the West. Anything pulled in at that siding would stand put like a sore thumb. I have used the road through the night. If I saw a car there at that time - I would probably slow down to have a sticky? Well, before this happened! Far less chance of being seen off the main road.

Yeah I fully understand what you are saying but they would have had to pull up on the bridge using most of the road as they would need to open up the door to get her body out - and the lifting up over the rails on the bridge for any person would be difficult. It would be a real gamble to take as if any car was to come along during this time they would have had to slow down altogether.

Isn't there a part of the road just near the bridge where a vehicle could pull over - thought I saw this on the news footage.
I'm still in two minds about whether the bridge was involved or not. I think I've asked this before, or someone has, and I can't remember the answer from locals - is the bank near the bridge too steep to climb down from the road?

OT

off to the outback steakhouse to get us a 'boomin oinion' !!!

laughin my guts out over that

Isn't there a part somewhereof the road just near the bridge where a vehicle could pull over - thought I saw this on the news footage.
I'm still in two minds about whether the bridge was involved or not. I think I've asked this before, or someone has, and I can't remember the answer from locals - is the bank near the bridge too steep to climb down from the road?

Yes there is somewhere topull into

Don't bring it up again. :nono:

Just discuss the case please.

Cheers!

Thanks Kimster
You are, as usual, right. I hope for everyone's sake that we have some developments soon. iMO last night (incl my reaction) was a result of frustration on every one's part that things appear not to be moving at all, and we seem to appear to just hanging in, in the hope that could change at any moment. Those must be very challenging times for moderators particularly as our Friday nights are probably your middle of the night.

Thank you Laser from this moment I will only refer to Allison as Allison Dickie or AD, the name BC is an insult to her memory IMO

Allison's children will always have the Baden Clay surname, I wouldn't think she would change that. Her headstone will have the name on it.

It would be even more conspicuous with two cars pulled up at the bridge. Particularly when one has little or no headlights on. 4:30 is the time when most tradies are en route to work so it can get quite busy.

morning, had an early breakkie wi friends this morning, one being a legal eagle. As usual this case came up in conversation, and one of the people present innocently asked could it be that the QPS would move in on GBC (if involved) after allowing the children to get a little bit of normality back into their lives after such a traggic event for such young children?

Just an idea, and it may or may not make sense, who knows, but could the 'powers to be' have been in lengthy and relevant discussions with child Physc's about potential trauma involved in removing their father so soon after the traggic loss/murder of their mother. After thinnking about this suggestion I guess it sounds plausable. The welfare of children is always of upmost importance to the authorities.
perhaps 'special' allowances can and have been made under these very special circumstances. I mean lets face it, he is not going anywhere, hardly a flght risk and I have no doubt his passport has probably been taken off him.

If the authorities thought that these 3 littlle girls would be better mentally prepared to go through the ordeal of losing their father in another 1 or 2 months then I think this has to be considered..
And by the way, i don't subscribe to notion that the children would EVER be 'mentally prepared' to losing their father after what they have gone through, BUT the QPS have a job to do. But perhaps this has been taken into consideration.

I would like to hear from the likes of dark shadow, key boredom, hawkins etc if this could even be legally possible for the wheels of justice to work like this i.e someone signing off on 'delaying' an arrest when they have enough to be able to carry it out??? The Attorney General for example??

Now I'm confused. If her remains were laid up river where there was hope she would never be found and moved down river because of the rains, then wouldn't the location of the two vehicles be in the wrong spot? :waitasec: Because they would be too far down stream?

Hi Kimster,

No, not at all - the creek is quite curved and accessible on east and west sides by Bunya and Wirrabarra Rds... however, both roads are only accessible (without trekking through scrub & national park) from the south being Mt Crosby Rd. The alleged location of the vehicles at Anstead is east along Mt Crosby Rd and thus east of the two suspected access points. The cars are exactly where they should be if that was their involvement.

The only other way to reach Kholo Bridge would involve a very circuitous route via main roads, highway and lots of cameras....

Isn't there a part of the road just near the bridge where a vehicle could pull over - thought I saw this on the news footage.

There is a place where one can pull over - but at the time of her disappearance it was very overgrown and the grass 4 feet high. Any car driving over it in this wet condition would have left tracks in there for all to see. It has been mown since the body was found. The embankment is quite rough going and steep to get under the bridge - let alone at night and wet and slippery - I just think it is more viable for the body to have been put upstream and washed out.

Thread 8, post #876 and #887 by Keyboredom
"Interesting, seems like another police snippet allowed for release maybe?

I was told from a sensible source someone saw a white 4wd and another 'smaller blue car' parked very close behind it on Mt Crosby road. The person saw the cars in their own headlights and near the lit corner of the Anstead 'shops'.
I thought it seemed a bit obvious that a white 4wd was involved, but must have come from more than one source now I guess. "

and #887
"I was conscious of saying blue car before because the other white 4WD theory seemed too obvious to be true . I was told the witness saw the white 4WD parked near the Anstead store/shops with a smaller blue car parked right up close - so close the witness thought they'd had an accident (a different order to that reported by others, from the sounds of it). At least it sounds like there were a number of witnesses including seeing the vehicles on the move.

On the night of the torrential rain, I was at a wedding about 2kms from where ABC's body was discovered. We all watched as a dry creek bed soon became a flowing river. It was unbelievable. In fact, the reception was cancelled early and we were told to leave ASAP as flooding was soon imminent and all access out of Brookfield was to be cut off. It makes perfect sense that the body would have been dislodged and carried downstream, especially with such a current like there was on that night. I wonder if police have conducted a search of waterways that lead to where she was found. By starting at the end point and working backwards, vital evidence may be found.

I very much think that the police will make an arrest based on when they have their evidence in place, all secure so no challenge can be made. They will not consider the children, the grandparents, neighbours etc.
I do think and hope that the quiet we are seeing is pertinent to an arrest happening soon.

OK, I've just caught up and have a few things to comment on...

As for GBC keeping notes on people, I think that this is quite normal and common practice, however, it would appear that he's not used that information correctly, it's not meant to be obvious LOL. When I owned a restaurant I used to keep notes on our regulars, but it was as simple as their preffered wine, pre dinner drink, how their steak was cooked etc, I had a great memory anyways, but it was handy to check if I was unsure and they were due in that night - so I could offer them their usual drink when they were seated and if they ordered a steak I could say 'Medium rare?' - it was part of us offering exceptional service, not being creepy LOL.

As for GBC taking the girls to the show, IMO, so he damn well should have! It was a big part of their lives apparently and why should they suffer?? It's wonderful for kids and if they get to go back with their grandparents too, then that's super awesome, they'd no doubt be happy to go all day everyday!! Those girls shouldn't suffer anymore than they have and if they're happy to go to the show with their dad, then they should be able to.

A previous poster asked if we 'wanted' GBC to be guilty... I don't, I sickens me to think that those girls might have to face that, but I really hope it isn't so!
Do I think that he's guilty... I think that given the small amount of info we have, I feel that he at least knows something! He may well be helping police? Or he may well be guilty as sin? Time will tell...

The suggestion of a suicide note is interesting... I wonder who could have written it? I wonder if it was typed or hand written? If this is in fact the case, then it makes me wonder if Allison was drugged (to appear as an OD in tox investigations) and then dumped, this would mean premeditation and maybe it wasn't GBC but someone close? MOO of course!

My head is spinning with it all...

Oh and great post Mountainhigh, very interesting! The 2 traumatic events could just be catastrophic for kids if they've not yet started to deal well with the first, so maybe they do need more time? Who are we do judge, I'm sure they're seeing psych's already and maybe they are talking to the police?

So so so so much that we just don't know...

I very much think that the police will make an arrest based on when they have their evidence in place, all secure so no challenge can be made. They will not consider the children, the grandparents, neighbours etc.
I do think and hope that the quiet we are seeing is pertinent to an arrest happening soon.

respect any opinion and certainly the grandparents or neighbours won't be a consideration!!
And no doubt it will be based on secure evidence so the case is water tight in their opinion.
I do disagree that the children won't be a consideraton given the circumstances.
In spite of justice, the welfare of these children WILL be a priority for the authorities and whilst it may not effect the timing of an arrest (this is what I want someone experienced to answer of course i.e Legallly CAN an arrest EVEN be delayed) it will still be an issue and arrangements will have to be negotiated or discussions will take place as to who will become their legal guardian. I highly think an arrest would take place without this even being discussed by the authorities..
That is a fact...
They wouldn't just knock on the door and take 'the old man' away and leave the kids in the house on their own.
No doubt there are procedures already in place within our legislation for this very kind of situation.

You can't ban him from the classroom, that's just stupid. He's not even been officially named a suspect let alone arrested or charged with anything.

It's not like he's about to go on a mass killing spree of 7 year olds.

You'd be amazed who ur kids are around that you have no idea about. If he starts being banned from classrooms they will get themselves into
some trouble re: innocent til proven guilty for one, and then the defamation side of it. What are they meant to say "us parents and forum goers think
u killed her, get out"

lol
Hi Oreily He has officially been named a suspect only a few days ago. We talked about it in the previous thread, but not as yet been charged.

If they are going to arrest a parent, with children in the home, they will take along a Child Safety Officer and a female police woman.

You can't ban him from the classroom, that's just stupid. He's not even been officially named a suspect let alone arrested or charged with anything.

It's not like he's about to go on a mass killing spree of 7 year olds.

You'd be amazed who ur kids are around that you have no idea about. If he starts being banned from classrooms they will get themselves into

some trouble re: innocent til proven guilty for one, and then the defamation side of it. What are they meant to say "us parents and forum goers think
u killed her, get out"

lol

You would not be banning him you just say that his help is not needed. Easy. No need to give him a reason, he is not an employee you are firing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214