MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, there's an active plan at this time to implicate many people in Jacob’s disappearance to make Dan Rassier look less guilty. Yes, there are monsters at St. John's and other places throughout the world, but Jacob disappeared directly outside a man's home who matches most of the characteristics of a pedophile. If we knew more details about Dan, we might find he matches all of them.

It's hard to fathom that anyone believes that Dan Rassier is only a victim of a long list of coincidences. It’s not a coincidence that Dan’s mommy and daddy just happened to be gone that week. It’s not a coincidence that Dan Rassier meets most of the characteristics of a pedophile. It’s not a coincidence that Dan Rassier is probably the only farmer on Earth that burns animals in his burn pit. (High heat destroys DNA.) It’s not a coincidence that two of Dan’s outer buildings burned. It’s not a coincidence that Dan’s elderly mom had to be restrained on the ground when LE came to dig up the Rassier’s burn pit. It’s not a coincidence that Dan went back to sleep during the frantic search for Jacob after his abduction so close to his home. It’s not a coincidence that the FBI states that sexual offenders start close to their home and Dan’s home was the site of the abduction. It’s not a coincidence that from the Rassier’s farm, Dan Rassier could see the road in front of Jacob’s home (no, the trees didn’t block that view-see the photos on Joy’s site) It’s not a coincidence that there weren’t any tire tracks from the abductor. It’s not a coincidence that Dan Rassier appears to have pinworms during news interviews and he CAN’T sit still. It’s not a coincidence that Dan Rassier was talking to a CONVICTED child molester who was his FB friend before a Websleuth’s poster discovered this. It is not a coincidence that after being told to leave his property during a LE search that Dan Rassier just had to go back to his home to “get some papers” during the middle of the search. It is not a coincidence that Dan Rassier cannot feel peace (he sent out 14 letters to LE and others whining about this).

“There is no peace”, says the Lord, “for the wicked.” Isaiah 48:22

you definitively have a point pensfan. DR is still on my list. he has not been eliminated. we still have to look at the whole picture. He may not have acted alone.

Since he (DR) has not been arrested I have to assume that the evidence is not yet there to do so. I also think that keeping minds open to other possible suspects while still keeping the troubling proximity of DR in mind makes sense for members to do. It is what I am imagining LE is also doing. Exhausting all possible leads, including DR til they can clear them.

I doubt very much that the mods on this thread do not care who is implicated in this case. I am sure the usual rules apply, using initials, linking RSO info and criminal records of people in the area.

Not being terribly familiar with this case I am simply assuming the usual rules apply. If anyone has concerns about persons being discussed we all know where the alert button is located.

:moo

In my opinion, there's an active plan at this time to implicate many people in Jacob’s disappearance to make Dan Rassier look less guilty. Yes, there are monsters at St. John's and other places throughout the world, but Jacob disappeared directly outside a man's home who matches most of the characteristics of a pedophile. If we knew more details about Dan, we might find he matches all of them.

It's hard to fathom that anyone believes that Dan Rassier is only a victim of a long list of coincidences. It’s not a coincidence that Dan’s mommy and daddy just happened to be gone that week. It’s not a coincidence that Dan Rassier meets most of the characteristics of a pedophile. It’s not a coincidence that Dan Rassier is probably the only farmer on Earth that burns animals in his burn pit. (High heat destroys DNA.) It’s not a coincidence that two of Dan’s outer buildings burned. It’s not a coincidence that Dan’s elderly mom had to be restrained on the ground when LE came to dig up the Rassier’s burn pit. It’s not a coincidence that Dan went back to sleep during the frantic search for Jacob after his abduction so close to his home. It’s not a coincidence that the FBI states that sexual offenders start close to their home and Dan’s home was the site of the abduction. It’s not a coincidence that from the Rassier’s farm, Dan Rassier could see the road in front of Jacob’s home (no, the trees didn’t block that view-see the photos on Joy’s site) It’s not a coincidence that there weren’t any tire tracks from the abductor. It’s not a coincidence that Dan Rassier appears to have pinworms during news interviews and he CAN’T sit still. It’s not a coincidence that Dan Rassier was talking to a CONVICTED child molester who was his FB friend before a Websleuth’s poster discovered this. It is not a coincidence that after being told to leave his property during a LE search that Dan Rassier just had to go back to his home to “get some papers” during the middle of the search. It is not a coincidence that Dan Rassier cannot feel peace (he sent out 14 letters to LE and others whining about this).

“There is no peace”, says the Lord, “for the wicked.” Isaiah 48:22

I get what you're saying, but I don't think there is a "plan" by anyone to implicate other persons in Jacob's abduction, and to divert attention away from DR. We know that LE has as many as 6 active suspects in the case, and yes DR is the only one that's been publicly named. I read somewhere that they've served as many as 18 search warrants going back to 1989. DR isn't the only suspect to be sure. I think it is prudent for us to look into other possibilities, whether for the purpose of eliminating them as a suspect, or for inclusion as a suspect. The area certainly does not lack in possible candidates.

It's my opinion that posters who appear to be diverting attention away from DR are simply just solid in their belief that someone else did it, or that he didn't do it, etc. I know there are some who think DAH could have done it - I am not among those. In fact, I'm fairly certain he did not.

It is likely that there are facts of the case that have never been publicized, that could potentially point to a pedophile ring being involved.

Many people, include some members of LE, believe that Jacob's and Jared's cases are related and committed by the same person. I do not believe that is the case.

Perhaps we need a "Lets smear DR " thread and restrict this one to the discussion of REAL evidence or the lack thereof. All of Pensfan's "It’s not a coincidence" examples are nothing. There is nothing that could be called significant evidence. Yes, he lived near the crime scene and had no alibi. Realistically, there are people who live close to just about every crime scene and many of them will have no alibi.

Oddly, it is this lack of evidence that forms the basis for some folk's belief in DR's guilt: " DR has been named a 'person of interest' yet there is no know evidence against him; conclusion: there must been 'undisclosed evidence' against him". Actually "POI" means that law enforcement is taking a serious "look" at that person for any number of reasons. It definitely doesn't mean that they "knew" that person did it There have been a number of POIs in this case. Some certainly made the list due to a history of pedophilia or being a suspect in other Snatch and Grab cases. Some may have resembled the composite.

The first job in a Cold Case investigation is to look for something obvious that was missed. The earliest obvious mistake was failure to interview immediate neighbors. When they found out the person living closet to the crime scene was alone that night and was a bit of an "odd duck" who was in his fifties and never married, the decision to take a "better look" at him was entirely reasonable. DR became a POI.

Is Law Enforcement "holding back" evidence against DR? I have no idea. Some evidence is withheld to prevent tampering. Sometimes its all a bluff: let the POI think we have more than we have. In any event, DR is a teacher who works with children every day. If Law Enforcement actually had some REAL EVIDENCE that he had harmed a child, it would be unconscionable to conceal this information from the school district or the public.

There have been a few situations where I have seen this forum used to smear folks as murderers in the eyes of their community when Law Enforcement was not bringing charges. Sometimes I felt the evidence was pretty strong and I didn't feel too bad for the object of these smears other times I felt it possible or even likely that the object is uninvolved in the crime. At some point this can sink to harassment and bullying. Either way, I felt this is an abuse of this forum. It can be a fine line between sleuthing and smearing. Once you come to believe that someone is guilty of a horrible crime, there is no inclination to "pull any punches". Still, a "presumption of innocence" should be exercised.

:tos:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

we really don't have actual proof of anyone doing it. we have to keep every possible person on the list until we have some sort of witness, confession or proof (DNA or a body). We do have someone on tape saying "Lou was the one who took Jacob." Now why LE isn't running with that, I have no idea. see what he knows, see if he was there if he saw anything.

we really don't have actual proof of anyone doing it. we have to keep every possible person on the list until we have some sort of witness, confession or proof (DNA or a body). We do have someone on tape saying "Lou was the one who took Jacob." Now why LE isn't running with that, I have no idea. see what he knows, see if he was there if he saw anything.

Agreed. Lou was investigated by LE - whether or not he is still a suspect or not I don't know. We only know that LE has acknowledged there are 6 suspects.

I'll try and get a list made up of who's who in this case, so we can use initials like "LK" instead of names. It can be posted on one of the threads where there is no discussion. I've seen that done on here in other cases. That way, hopefully no one will get in trouble.

:seeya: A few guidelines:

If you're going to sleuth RSO's, make sure you have a link to their pages on the registry first. Here's one site where you can find them.
http://www.nsopr.gov/en/Registry

• Their offenses must have occurred within a reasonable time distance and time frame to Jacob's disappearance.
  • Relatives and friends are off limits.
  • No screen caps, links only.
  • No exact addresses or phone numbers. You can post something like "His registered address is 17xx Main St."
This link is helpful, too.

New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Also, the copyright rule doesn't allow us to post screencaps of pay-per-view images. I know that's a bother in older cases because I deal with it, myself. If you can find the article hosted offsite, you can link to it. For instance, it might be posted on another message board; or someone might have uploaded it to photobucket, or another image hosting service.

Any questions shoudl be directed to a mod/admin in a pm.

Thanks!

The Torah code is a purported set of secret messages encoded within the Hebrew text of the Torah. The legitimacy of the Torah code has been debated for centuries. Some people believe the code can be employed as a method by which specific letters can be selected from generated text matrices to reveal an otherwise obscured message.

On September 18, 2009, approximately one month before the 20th anniversary of the Wetterling abduction, The Charley Project received an email describing a Torah matrix that purportedly revealed the identities of four individuals associated by the matrix with the Wetterling abduction. The message, couched in somewhat cryptic terms, was posted the next day on The Charley Project site and thereafter was generally dismissed by readers as incoherent nonsense. Subsequent independent investigation has found that the email originated from a religious female member of local law enforcement in rural North Dakota. The message, titled “The Torah Matrix Which is Jacob Wetterling,” describes four “perps,” a term frequently used by police to describe individuals suspected of committing a crime, but does not identify the individuals by name. Among other things, the message alleges that “Perp1, 2, and 3 are known pedophiles of boys – perp4 a homosexual but unknown if he too is a pedophile. Perp2 served time shortly after Jacob’s abduction for molesting a boy 15 miles from there.” The full text of the matrix message remains posted on The Charley Project today.

On October 13, 2009, a former bail bondswoman in St. Cloud, Minnesota, uploaded to YouTube the first of six recorded interviews apparently taped in the 1990s, purporting to identify four individuals, including three siblings, who had direct or indirect involvement with the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling. The interviews were uploaded shortly prior to, on, and shortly after, the 20th anniversary of the Wetterling abduction, and remain on YouTube today. The interviews identify brothers RB and MB, and their sister BB, as interviewees, and a third man referred to only as “Lou” is identified by MB as being the person who allegedly abducted Jacob at knifepoint. In his interview, MB refers to Lou as “mean” and begins to describe previous occasions in which Lou and another man handcuffed MB, and then the tape recording is abruptly turned off. Since 2009, the former bail bondswoman has repeatedly asserted in various communications, both public and private, that brothers RB and MB, along with “Lou,” are responsible for the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling.

The posting of both the matrix and the recorded interviews shortly before the 20th anniversary of the Wetterling kidnapping hardly seems coincidental. Both could be seen as passive-aggressive, attention-seeking acts. Instead of making a direct statement based on articulated investigative efforts, the alleged factual details of the “perps” are both obscurely inserted into, and seemingly read from, the ‘matrix.’ The result is at least two-fold: the true source of the information is kept hidden, and the information is presented as if God Himself wants it to be known. The matrix message is infused with a manufactured sense of Divine validation for the person who generated and found the information contained within the matrix. Likewise, the recorded interviews could be seen as equally attention-seeking. The recordings identify siblings RB, MB, and BB by their full names, but the recordings deliberately have left the secret identity of “Lou” to public speculation for over four years. In this manner, a seemingly sinister element of mystery has been manufactured and perpetuated, which only adds to a sense of conspiracy. It seems likely that three of the men described in the ‘matrix’ are referenced by, if not derived directly from, the recorded interviews. The fourth man’s involvement is perhaps dubious, even by the 'matrix' description itself.

“Lou” recently has been positively and publicly identified in this forum. With his identification, it is probable that the identities of all four “perps” allegedly revealed by the presence and interlocking of various letters in the so-called Torah matrix are now unequivocally known, i.e., all of these men have been identified by their full names in various places throughout this forum.

Prov. 11:14

The Torah code is a purported set of secret messages encoded within the Hebrew text of the Torah. The legitimacy of the Torah code has been debated for centuries. Some people believe the code can be employed as a method by which specific letters can be selected from generated text matrices to reveal an otherwise obscured message.

On September 18, 2009, approximately one month before the 20th anniversary of the Wetterling abduction, The Charley Project received an email describing a Torah matrix that purportedly revealed the identities of four individuals associated by the matrix with the Wetterling abduction. The message, couched in somewhat cryptic terms, was posted the next day on The Charley Project site and thereafter was generally dismissed by readers as incoherent nonsense. Subsequent independent investigation has found that the email originated from a religious female member of local law enforcement in rural North Dakota. The message, titled “The Torah Matrix Which is Jacob Wetterling,” describes four “perps,” a term frequently used by police to describe individuals suspected of committing a crime, but does not identify the individuals by name. Among other things, the message alleges that “Perp1, 2, and 3 are known pedophiles of boys – perp4 a homosexual but unknown if he too is a pedophile. Perp2 served time shortly after Jacob’s abduction for molesting a boy 15 miles from there.” The full text of the matrix message remains posted on The Charley Project today.

On October 13, 2009, a former bail bondswoman in St. Cloud, Minnesota, uploaded to YouTube the first of six recorded interviews apparently taped in the 1990s, purporting to identify four individuals, including three siblings, who had direct or indirect involvement with the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling. The interviews were uploaded shortly prior to, on, and shortly after, the 20th anniversary of the Wetterling abduction, and remain on YouTube today. The interviews identify brothers RB and MB, and their sister BB, as interviewees, and a third man referred to only as “Lou” is identified by MB as being the person who allegedly abducted Jacob at knifepoint. In his interview, MB refers to Lou as “mean” and begins to describe previous occasions in which Lou and another man handcuffed MB, and then the tape recording is abruptly turned off. Since 2009, the former bail bondswoman has repeatedly asserted in various communications, both public and private, that brothers RB and MB, along with “Lou,” are responsible for the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling.

The posting of both the matrix and the recorded interviews shortly before the 20th anniversary of the Wetterling kidnapping hardly seems coincidental. Both could be seen as passive-aggressive, attention-seeking acts. Instead of making a direct statement based on articulated investigative efforts, the alleged factual details of the “perps” are both obscurely inserted into, and seemingly read from, the ‘matrix.’ The result is at least two-fold: the true source of the information is kept hidden, and the information is presented as if God Himself wants it to be known. The matrix message is infused with a manufactured sense of Divine validation for the person who generated and found the information contained within the matrix. Likewise, the recorded interviews could be seen as equally attention-seeking. The recordings identify siblings RB, MB, and BB by their full names, but the recordings deliberately have left the secret identity of “Lou” to public speculation for over four years. In this manner, a seemingly sinister element of mystery has been manufactured and perpetuated, which only adds to a sense of conspiracy. It seems likely that three of the men described in the ‘matrix’ are referenced by, if not derived directly from, the recorded interviews. The fourth man’s involvement is perhaps dubious, even by the 'matrix' description itself.

“Lou” recently has been positively and publicly identified in this forum. With his identification, it is probable that the identities of all four “perps” allegedly revealed by the presence and interlocking of various letters in the so-called Torah matrix are now unequivocally known, i.e., all of these men have been identified by their full names in various places throughout this forum.

I must admit this is the most telling synopsis of the Bahner tapes that I have read, and "Lou" from the tapes was knows as the "queen" of the gay community in the St. Cloud area at the time. That, coupled with the pedo history of the siblings, could be the basis from which the recordings were fabricated. The absence of promised new information from the producer of the tapes, to have been released in October, is also an indication, IMO. Could be a suspect by LE, but I doubt a serious one.

Perhaps we need a "Lets smear DR " thread and restrict this one to the discussion of REAL evidence or the lack thereof. All of Pensfan's "It’s not a coincidence" examples are nothing. There is nothing that could be called significant evidence. Yes, he lived near the crime scene and had no alibi. Realistically, there are people who live close to just about every crime scene and many of them will have no alibi.

Oddly, it is this lack of evidence that forms the basis for some folk's belief in DR's guilt: " DR has been named a 'person of interest' yet there is no know evidence against him; conclusion: there must been 'undisclosed evidence' against him". Actually "POI" means that law enforcement is taking a serious "look" at that person for any number of reasons. It definitely doesn't mean that they "knew" that person did it There have been a number of POIs in this case. Some certainly made the list due to a history of pedophilia or being a suspect in other Snatch and Grab cases. Some may have resembled the composite.

The first job in a Cold Case investigation is to look for something obvious that was missed. The earliest obvious mistake was failure to interview immediate neighbors. When they found out the person living closet to the crime scene was alone that night and was a bit of an "odd duck" who was in his fifties and never married, the decision to take a "better look" at him was entirely reasonable. DR became a POI.

Is Law Enforcement "holding back" evidence against DR? I have no idea. Some evidence is withheld to prevent tampering. Sometimes its all a bluff: let the POI think we have more than we have. In any event, DR is a teacher who works with children every day. If Law Enforcement actually had some REAL EVIDENCE that he had harmed a child, it would be unconscionable to conceal this information from the school district or the public.

There have been a few situations where I have seen this forum used to smear folks as murderers in the eyes of their community when Law Enforcement was not bringing charges. Sometimes I felt the evidence was pretty strong and I didn't feel too bad for the object of these smears other times I felt it possible or even likely that the object is uninvolved in the crime. At some point this can sink to harassment and bullying. Either way, I felt this is an abuse of this forum. It can be a fine line between sleuthing and smearing. Once you come to believe that someone is guilty of a horrible crime, there is no inclination to "pull any punches". Still, a "presumption of innocence" should be exercised.
LAW ENFORCEMENT named Dan Rassier as a person of interest after investigating him for decades and finding BONES in his burn pit.

Oh yeah, it's also NOT a coincidence that Dan Rassier kept a file on Jacob's abduction that included newspaper clippings and his own diary entries aka legal trophies.

It is odd that he kept a file on Jacob, but not against the law. and Law enforcement has been known to rush to judgment without having evidence before. I would not put it past Stearns County to name someone on rumor without evidence that is for dang sure. Stearns ruled someone with a fractured skull and punctured lung an "accidental fall" when the person was standing in a room with no cameras and a lot of evil people around and they were healthy as an ox.
We don't know why law enforcement listed his name as a poi and no one elses. That is why we are investigating him and all the other SO that live in the area.

LAW ENFORCEMENT named Dan Rassier as a person of interest after investigating him for decades and finding BONES in his burn pit.

Oh yeah, it's also NOT a coincidence that Dan Rassier kept a file on Jacob's abduction that included newspaper clippings and his own diary entries aka legal trophies.

ELOsoul, you think the B recordings were fabricated? It is possible, but that would not be a good joke to play on anyone. What is your basis for that opinion?

I have seen so many other cases on here where people make up stuff to pretend to be in the know. Read about Socal and Kyron. Look up scamgirls. The stuff people do is unreal.

And when a perp is revealed,the amount of info LE has is astounding. Think of Josh Powell. Why he was not arrested blows my mind. These things are documented real people.

I reported a huge thing to LE where I live. They said nothing to me. Acted as if my info was of no interest.

Four years later, a huge arrest happened. I have no idea where my info fit into the scheme of things. Beginning? Middle?

good find Shergal! it's interesting but nonsensical to me. words intersecting (a good way to lose serious interest for most people reading it right off the bat) , tossed in with possible perpetrators. not saying much about them except two are pedophiles.

Just an FYI - There are a few blog entries (with comments) regarding Jacob on The Charley Project site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee