Found Deceased Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Blue Mountains NSW, 16 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps LE is now examining findings from the lens of potential criminal involvement? My speculation all along....

Sorry, had to be in Melbourne for a few days. :/

Absolutely nothing. Asked in court and also contacted friend who is forensic bod at Glebe... she couldn't tell me anything either.

Surreal!

Thanks for your sleuthing Isabellnecessary.
I wonder what the delay is.

No reply from the Coroner's Court email address :sigh: Haven't given up hope yet though. It's only been a day .. if it takes them a while to update their weekly online schedule, it may take them quite a while to answer their emails.

No reply from the Coroner's Court email address :sigh: Haven't given up hope yet though. It's only been a day .. if it takes them a while to update their weekly online schedule, it may take them quite a while to answer their emails.

It also crossed my mind to flick an email to Blue Mtns LAC via their facebook page. They must know something too and would surely have involvement in giving evidence at any inquest. But have the suspicion a reply from them on this matter will be even less likely forthcoming... Thoughts?

It also crossed my mind to flick an email to Blue Mtns LAC via their facebook page. They must know something too and would surely have involvement in giving evidence at any inquest. But have the suspicion a reply from them on this matter will be even less likely forthcoming... Thoughts?

In my opinion, nothing done respectfully can hurt in this regard.

Well .... I got a response from the Glebe Court!

"I advise that the post mortem report and brief of evidence have not yet been filed in this matter. Once these are filed the matter gets allocated to a Coroner who will determine whether to dispense with the matter or hold an inquest. If the matter does go to inquest, you would be looking at a date in the latter half of 2014."

"I advise that the post mortem report and brief of evidence have not yet been filed in this matter. Once these are filed the matter gets allocated to a Coroner who will determine whether to dispense with the matter or hold an inquest. If the matter does go to inquest, you would be looking at a date in the latter half of 2014."

Wow, late next year, maybe? It does make you wonder hey!!

Thanks SouthAussie and Xantara for the sleuthing and asking questions to the coroners Court and to the LAC! Great work!

@SA: Thats strange ... The msm report was that the Police report had been filed. I wonder where MSM got the date the 22nd of November from ...
2014! Lets hope its January - but probably not. Maybe there is more to the case than previously published. Maybe there is more evidence to go through. They did keep Gary's body for autopsy for longer than usual (JMO).

@Xantara: I hope you do get a response from them. Even if it just a polite 'we can't say' type of reply.

:tyou: for the updates.

Thanks SouthAussie and Xantara for the sleuthing and asking questions to the coroners Court and to the LAC! Great work!

@SA: Thats strange ... The msm report was that the Police report had been filed. I wonder where MSM got the date the 22nd of November from ...
2014! Lets hope its January - but probably not. Maybe there is more to the case than previously published. Maybe there is more evidence to go through. They did keep Gary's body for autopsy for longer than usual (JMO).

@Xantara: I hope you do get a response from them. Even if it just a polite 'we can't say' type of reply.

When the inquest date was published as being for Nov 2013, my first thought was... wow that's very early compared to some which can take up to even a few years. So latter part of next year would seem more like it.

Thanks for the info SouthAussie!!

MSM getting it wrong and leading everyone up the garden path yet again ...

Thanks so much, South Aussie!
I have just sent an email to the Blue Mtns LAC, let's see what the reply is or whether there will be one...
Thinking back, it was stated a police report was filed with the Coroner and that occurred just before (almost at the same time) as Gary was found. So that's what the media reported, unless Ive mistaken something. Then they found Gary, and then they did the post mortem - all of this taking place after the police had already filed their report re Gary being a missing person and presumed dead. And, behind the scenes, the Pambos stuff was unfolding.
I would have thought the brief of evidence is the same as the police report though, however I guess with Pambos coming into play here, perhaps there have been additions to the brief...
So, I can see where the Court is coming from in saying the post mortem report has not yet been filed, however less so re the brief of evidence not having been filed...
Interesting.
Thanks again for checking with the Court.

Prompt response from Blue Mountains LAC to my enquiry re Gary Tweddle inquest. Tees up pretty much with reply to South Aussie from Coroner's Court.

" Blue Mountains LAC - NSW Police Force

Matters that go to the Coroners Court usually get various mention dates, and I would believe that the date you have identified is one of those. Police collect and prepare the brief of evidence for the Coroner who then makes a determination as to the necessity to hold an Inquest. Inquest can be based on various factors but certainly includes the concerns/wishes of immediate family. Given the workload of the Coroners Court, it would be likely that if an Inquest were held, it would be towards the middle of 2014.I have no doubt that it will be reported in media outlets when it is actually going to occur. Hope this assists."

Great job guys - at least we have some sort of time frame now. I wonder if the police still believe it was an "accidental" death - Police have now filed a report with the coroner, describing the disappearance as a suspected, accidental death.
After all they filed this report with the coroner well after Pambos was arrested(August 2nd) and many, many interviews had taken place. Results will indeed be interesting! Gary's family, girlfriend and friends must be very keen to seek justice and closure on this tragic death.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-...-in-nsw-blue-mountains-a-suspected-de/4919586

Great job guys - at least we have some sort of time frame now. I wonder if the police still believe it was an "accidental" death - Police have now filed a report with the coroner, describing the disappearance as a suspected, accidental death.
After all they filed this report with the coroner well after Pambos was arrested(August 2nd) and many, many interviews had taken place. Results will indeed be interesting! Gary's family, girlfriend and friends must be very keen to seek justice and closure on this tragic death.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-...-in-nsw-blue-mountains-a-suspected-de/4919586

But why wont my hinky meter stop registering off the charts?

The report that the police filed initially was in August, before Gary was found.

MSM report 28th August
"Police have filed a report with the coroner, declaring the disappearance of a Sydney man in the Blue Mountains a suspected death."

MSM report 2nd September
"Police have reached a body in the Blue Mountains and confirmed it matches the description of missing Sydney man Gary Tweddle."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/gary-tweddles-body-found-police-believe-20130902-2t0vl.html#ixzz2m0aIbiZG

I would think that their report to the Coroner would have to be revised and re-filed due to the change of circumstances. Gary wasn't "missing" any more, he was now "found deceased".

Additionally, the post mortem report was required by the Coroner as Gary was now located.

The fact that these 'new' documents have not yet been filed, almost 3 months after Gary was found, says to me that police could still be trying to piece together a plausible reason/scenario why Gary was found down that particular part of Sublime Point.

If the Coroner is not happy with the results of the police investigation, he/she can just turn around and say 'go and investigate further'. If the Coroner feels that the police have done all they can do, then there is a good chance there will be a definite finding or an 'open' finding by the Coroner.

So, I guess, the police have to make sure they have done all they can do to come up with an answer as to how/why Gary died - and maybe they haven't completed that process yet.

http://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/benchbks/local/coronial_matters.html

Nothing at the Coroners Upcoming inquest page as yet ... (3rd Jan 2014)

Just thinking about Gary Tweddle today

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chloerock