MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the date of arrest for Jared's abductor/molestor (from Garber's book)? tia

There was no date specified in the book so it's hard to tell. From newspaper articles we know that the FBI really began scaling back their numbers at the end of 1989, so I would guess that arrest was fairly early on. Also, Hart was acknowledged by LE as being a suspect in Jacob's abduction from the very beginning of the investigation, so he must have already been on LE's radar for sex assaults prior to October, 1989. I just find it hard to believe that if they had Hart in their grasp, and thought he was the perp in Jared's case that they wouldn't pursue charges aggressively against him due to the seriousness of a kidnapping charge. The only reasons I can think of as to why they wouldn't is that, 1. They had enough on Hart to put him away already, and 2. They didn't want to put Jared through having to testify.

The book also mentioned this man was surveillled for weeks before arrest. Also, another article I've read featuring WCCO reporter Daryl Savage says the FBI were surveilling a Cold Spring man. Related? IDK

Also from the book, there is mention of another suspect who was in the old Stillwater prison. This suspect had told a fellow inmate that he wanted to pay to have his car destroyed. The FBI sent an agent into the prison undercover, Carmen Piccarillo, and he was able to obtain enough info that they searched the man's home and vehicle, but found nothing. They interviewed the man but he wouldn't talk, so the story just ended….

Full cast and crew listed here - I don't see any names that we have researched at all.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097029/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Could have been someone that was an extra though, good sleuthing, Sere-nity.

At some point during the investigation into Jacob's kidnapping, there was a vehicle sought after that had a bumper sticker saying "Catch Me If You Can". I know I've read that, but not sure what it was in relation to exactly.

Also remember that Jared's perp had some sort of radio/scanner in the car. I think that has to be a big clue

Deviating from the thread at the moment....and trying to make sense of Mossad's posts:

#788 Tornado Alley: the 'epicenter' is near the intersection of Highways 23 + 55.
#805 Daughter of Zion: Township 123N, Range 32 West of 5th Principle Meridian
#881 History Repeated: map of Jackie Theels movements prior to his disappearance

As I understand these posts, the perp(Tornado) may be a man descended from a woman(Daughter of Zion) living or lived at one time in Zion township. There is a Theel landowner indicated within Zion township. The map of Jackie Theels final movements indicates he was last seen near the intersection of highways 23 + 55....the 'epicenter' of Tornado Alley. Jacob's disappearance + Jackie's disappearance are cases of (History Repeated)

At some point during the investigation into Jacob's kidnapping, there was a vehicle sought after that had a bumper sticker saying "Catch Me If You Can". I know I've read that, but not sure what it was in relation to exactly.

Wasn't that bumper sticker on that tan van that was involved in the attempted abduction that failed earlier? (The one where you had the news article of the suspect drawing with bangs and glasses.) Or am I remembering that wrong?

Just a theory but adding the 2nd part to my post #911.....could it be possible that the 'epicenter' is not a physical location per se...but rather a metaphysical epicenter? Could it be possible that Jackie Theel was abducted by an abusive man and suffered abuse at his hands for years? And thus, he became like a tornado...not able to deal with the rage of his abuse and thus became an abuser himself...not only abusing himself with alcohol + drugs but also abusing other young boys. He travelled up + down the area looking for victims as a way of dealing with his demons.

The abductor suffered from eczema, specifically including seborrheic dermatitis, probably from childhood forward. At times, it may have been severe enough to require hospital visits.

Seborrheic dermatitis is not uncommon in early childhood, appearing in babies between two-to-six months of age, and often disappearing around six years of age. Several factors, including hormone levels and nutritional deficits, among others, are associated with the condition. The possible hormonal link may explain why the condition can appear in infancy, disappear spontaneously, then reappear more prominently after puberty.

In adolescents and adults, this skin condition usually presents as mild to marked erythema of the nasolabial fold during times of stress or sleep deprivation. The latter type tends to affect men more often than women and often is precipitated by emotional stress. This condition is apparent in photographs of the abductor.

Eczema or dermatitis occurring elsewhere on the body also causes skin to become chronically dry, rough, or like sandpaper.

Prov. 11:14

Just a theory but adding the 2nd part to my post #911.....could it be possible that the 'epicenter' is not a physical location per se...but rather a metaphysical epicenter? Could it be possible that Jackie Theel was abducted by an abusive man and suffered abuse at his hands for years? And thus, he became like a tornado...not able to deal with the rage of his abuse and thus became an abuser himself...not only abusing himself with alcohol + drugs but also abusing other young boys. He travelled up + down the area looking for victims as a way of dealing with his demons.

I did a comparison in photoshop of Jackie Theel's picture with the suspect drawing, and there are some similarities. Even at 6, Jackie had very large ears. The naso labial folds from nose to mouth are the same, he has a very wide mouth, the eyes and eyebrows are very similar. Only real difference I see is the chin shape, and that could have changed some with age I guess.

JTcomparisoncopy.jpg

BTW, there is a whole thread here on WS about Jackie Theel.
In post #25, jackie's actual uncle shows up and gives his info for anyone to contact him. (Probably NOT a good idea to tell him we are looking at Jackie in relation to other abductions. We're just speculating here, IMO)
MN MN - Jackie Theel, 6, Paynesville, 5 Sept 1944 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The abductor suffered from eczema, specifically including seborrheic dermatitis, probably from childhood forward. At times, it may have been severe enough to require hospital visits.

Seborrheic dermatitis is not uncommon in early childhood, appearing in babies between two-to-six months of age, and often disappearing around six years of age. Several factors, including hormone levels and nutritional deficits, among others, are associated with the condition. The possible hormonal link may explain why the condition can appear in infancy, disappear spontaneously, then reappear more prominently after puberty.

In adolescents and adults, this skin condition usually presents as mild to marked erythema of the nasolabial fold during times of stress or sleep deprivation. The latter type tends to affect men more often than women and often is precipitated by emotional stress. This condition is apparent in photographs of the abductor.

Eczema or dermatitis occurring elsewhere on the body also causes skin to become chronically dry, rough, or like sandpaper.

In regard to sentences I have bolded above, do you have a source or link for this statement about the abductor suffering from this skin condition?? And in the second bolded sentence - if you have actual photos of the abductor, why have they not been turned over to LE or FBI? Or is this just YOUR OPINION of who the abductor is? And perhaps you could share photos of the abductor if you have them?

Going off of the theory that the abductor could be Jackie....if HE doesn't even know that's who he is (based on the article that was posted, not contacting his family, etc) then how can we guess that the perp is jackie?? I'm confused

Going off of the theory that the abductor could be Jackie....if HE doesn't even know that's who he is (based on the article that was posted, not contacting his family, etc) then how can we guess that the perp is jackie?? I'm confused

I think cGorg was just trying to figure out what Mossad was hinting at, notebook. Sometimes children who are abused grow up to be abusers - I guess that's what it was based on. Jackie could have grown up to become an abuser without knowing what his original name is. It's all highly speculative, I agree. For all we know, Jackie fell in the river and drowned.

And if people think DAH is the abductor of Jared, DAH was born in 1947. He would have been 42 in 1989. Jackie Theel was born in 1938 and would have been 51 in 1989. So not at all likely. (I was just suspending disbelief and going along with the theory because the photos do look similar.)

Yes, I know...difficult to prove. I was simply trying to connect all of Mossad's info + maps. Very speculative theory.

Hard to tell, but it seems like jackie has some signs of FAS.

I did a comparison in photoshop of Jackie Theel's picture with the suspect drawing, and there are some similarities. Even at 6, Jackie had very large ears. The naso labial folds from nose to mouth are the same, he has a very wide mouth, the eyes and eyebrows are very similar. Only real difference I see is the chin shape, and that could have changed some with age I guess.

JTcomparisoncopy.jpg

BTW, there is a whole thread here on WS about Jackie Theel.
In post #25, jackie's actual uncle shows up and gives his info for anyone to contact him. (Probably NOT a good idea to tell him we are looking at Jackie in relation to other abductions. We're just speculating here, IMO)
MN MN - Jackie Theel, 6, Paynesville, 5 Sept 1944 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

FACIAL FEATURES OF FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME
afp20050715p279-f1.jpg

The boy’s black and white photo shows he has a flattened or completely absent philtrum and a very thin or nonexistent upper lip. His nasal bridge is possibly abnormally low. He appears to have small palpebral fissures. IF this child was FAS/FAE, he was hyperactive, had impulse control issues, behavioral problems, very likely needed/wore glasses, was small in size for his age, and had a low normal IQ (may not have been MR).

The man’s photo shows an obviously lower nasal bridge, upturned nose, flattened philtrum, and thin upper lip.

Wow Pensfan!

Not sure if a person with FAS could carry out a complicated crime

]The abductor suffered from eczema, specifically including seborrheic dermatitis,[/B] probably from childhood forward. At times, it may have been severe enough to require hospital visits.

BBM
Are you strongly implying that you are psychic or delusional? If you know this person has seborrheic dermatitis, then you know his name. What is his name?

By the way, seborrheic dermatitis is NOT eczema. It's just greasy, yellow, scaly dandruff. (Wash your scaly areas with a selenium sulfide product at least twice a day, Mossad. It make take a few weeks before you see improvement. It will likely be a reoccurring condition.)

I don't understand how you can think someone is stealing firewood but don't hear a helicopter. Helicopters are loud, especially when you live in a rural community.

It's hard to read Patty's letters to Jacob. I was around 14 when this happened but I remember seeing the story on 20/20 or some news show like that. I remember some kid called the hotline and said he had hurt Jacob. It still makes me mad that someone was so cruel to call like that, no matter what age they were.

Yes, I know...difficult to prove. I was simply trying to connect all of Mossad's info + maps. Very speculative theory.

I didn't mean to sound critical of you! It's a very interesting theory and it seems like Mossad is hinting at that.

I didn't mean to sound critical of you! It's a very interesting theory and it seems like Mossad is hinting at that.

The big question seems to be - why would someone post on here and "hint" at who the abductor was? Seems counter productive, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67