DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutor grills Amanda Hayes at Raleigh murder trial

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WTVD - Raleigh, NC

RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Prosecutors had their chance to grill Amanda Hayes on the witness stand Wednesday during a long cross-examination session.

Snipped:

But Hayes stood firm under Holt's questioning. She admitted there was an argument in the couple's Raleigh apartment with Ackerson and the 27 year old approached her.

"She um I guess she tripped on the rug. Grant grabbed her and was pulling her backwards and they started struggling, and she kicked this little wall right here and whenever she did they went backward and there was a chair, they flip, they fell, they tipped over the chair when they fell," recalled Amanda.

Hayes said Grant asked her to leave the apartment with the children because Ackerson was hurt. But when she returned he said Ackerson was okay and had gone home.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9429165

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This article also mentions that Becky Holt questioned Amanda Hayes' credibility re training as an actor in a drama school which involved learning lines, playing a role and being convincing.

I mostly read here to be informed! I watched Grant's trial, and now this one. Today when I read here that the cross exam by BH was disappointing, I watched the replay and decided to take notes as a juror might (I've served on a jury). Wow - my hand was numb by the end! These are just my own opinions, observations and theories. I have the advantage of seeing Grant's trial, his prison interview with WRAL and this trial, along with all the many threads on this site, so we all know things that the jurors haven't seen or read.

First, just a few of the many questions I wish BH had asked:

#1) Why would Amanda not let Laura hold her baby? She claims no animosity to Laura whatsoever, yet she says she turned her back and walked away without saying a word. Why so rude? Supposedly, this started the "scuffle", she is claiming Laura was the aggressor. Was she angry with Laura and why?

#2) Yesterday, BH asked about the video taken at her sister's house, where Amanda claimed to be in the shower, yet her voice is heard on the video saying "Honey"... don't the boys get to change the "poopy" diaper? (Paraphrasing) Amanda claims her sister, niece, Sha all sound alike! But do they all call Grant "Honey"???

#3) Why did she and Grant try to hire a different psychologist in the middle of the court appointed psych evaluation with Dr. Calloway? Amanda paid for everything, she had to have been informed about the details of the custody fight, she paid thousands and thousands of dollars for it.

#4) Amanda testified that she had a "stalker" who started to bother Grant after she moved to New York. When Grant went to the police, they told Grant it was probably time for him to leave the island. What?!? Hmmm...that made absolutely no sense if Grant was a victim of harassment and stalking. If that's the advice of the VI police, I don't want to go there :) Wasn't the fact really that Amanda was into Grant and wanted him with her? Even the smallest details she recounts are lies.

#5) How did Amanda feel when they realized that they had no money whatsoever? Before Grant, Amanda was living high, I mean a 3 bedroom apartment in Manhattan is not cheap, she spent her money on herself with her acting lessons, traveling, she was her own boss. Wasn't she angry when she realized that lifestyle was gone? Who did she blame for the lost fortune?

#6) Amanda testified that Grant told her that he was a millionaire, why did she not question that when she had to buy his plane ticket to NY? And, he showed up with just two suitcases. No light when on in Amanda's head at the very beginning of this relationship?

#7) What was Amanda's detailed history with her own daughter. Give us a detailed timeline of when she lived and cared for Sha on her own and her experience as a "single" mother. Did she feel closer to Laura's boys than her own daughter? Personally, I believe her bond with the Hayes babies were stronger than she ever had with Sha.

#8) How did she know about Dr. Calloway's recommendations if she didn't read the report or discuss it with Grant?

#9) At no time did Amanda think to call the police? She had many opportunities. What was the message left on Laura's voicemail. Did Amanda ask how she was feeling? After all, she didn't see her at all after Grant informed her that Laura was hurt, she didn't question this?

Many more questions, just as everyone else. My own personal theory and opinion is that Amanda was of the exact same mind set as Grant. Both perceived themselves as great artistic talents, who would make it big someday! Even before she met Grant, she spent quite a fortune pursuing her own dreams. They both blame others for their failures. She was angry when she found out that she didn't receive any of her mother's estate - yet her testimony on direct about her mother-she claimed they were all stuck with their mother at one time or another. Heartless comments to me. She was angry with her sister and Sha, believing they had talked to police? Very revealing of how her mind works!

I believe that both she and Grant conspired to kill Laura and lured her to the apartment. I believe they may have been nice to her once she entered the apartment to lure her inside. Once Laura realized what they were up to, she began possibly to say "no way" and argued with A&G. Grant had his knife and stabbed her in the neck. Laura made her way to the door, fighting for her life, when A & G jumped her and strangled her. From the TV interview from prison, Grant makes a statement that possibly explains the stain by the doorway. Bodily fluids and all, he didn't specify, as he didn't want to be "undignified".

I apologize for the lengthy post, but had to get it off my chest to others who may feel the same way. The juror's definitely have not "heard it all" as the judge would say, and I'm afraid that's going to be the problem with the 1st degree murder charge. I'm praying that the prosecution will tie it all together and that the jury will see the true picture. What an absolute travesty if this woman goes free. Thanks for listening:seeya:

I'm concerned about juror number 8. I think she can "buy" Amanda's story, but then again she is a nurse and knows how decomp smells. I guess we'll see..

I can't wait to catch up on today's testimony.

I hate writing things that make me feel like I'm defending Amanda, because I don't like her. I think she has been self-focused and dragged and dropped SG all over like a piece of luggage for years. That said, in my experience this is almost always the other way around.

GH's actions are sooo textbook here. These guys play on the new woman's maternal instincts. Even if they had little to do with their kids beforehand, they suddenly become concerned dad trying his best with a crazy ex-wife/GF.

The purposes are twofold here. Laura was raising GH's kids, so in narc-world that means she pretty much needs to shut up and do what she's told. I think the longer Laura was away from St. John, the more independent she was becoming of Grant and that caused conflict. Going for the custody jugular was the only way for Grant to keep control of Laura and the boys. Grant wouldn't have been able to do that without Amanda's money. So he presents himself to Amanda like the concerned, caring dad and Laura like the crazy train. He plays on Amanda's maternal instincts, knowing she will want to help the kids if she truly believes they are in a bad situation.

What did I say the other day about I thought he wanted to have Lily to help his chances in the custody case? Amanda pretty much confirmed this for me yesterday when she basically said that Grant told her they had to get married because it would look better for the custody case.

Also, you don't have to be meek or stupid, etc. to get taken in by one of these guys. They are excellent liars with no conscience. Think of how long Ted Bundy had Ann Rule fooled, and she was a former cop and certainly no dummy. So Amanda being a strong personality when she wants to be doesn't really matter to me. Again though, she's still responsible for her actions.

Strong or weak, murder is crossing the line. In this case, it required two people to agree. If one doesn't agree, then there are options. Amanda claims that although Laura was cut up in her bathroom, she didn't know anything about it. Instead, she said that because Grant put tape on the bathroom door handle, the children couldn't enter the bathroom and apparently she couldn't be bothered to enter it either. When the plans changed from moving to Kinston to a trip to visit her sister, she didn't question it. When Sha said that she wanted to visit relatives in Texas too, Amanda told her to quit being selfish.

Amanda claims that when Grant told her about Laura's murder, they were in Texas. She claims that Grant hid the murder/accidental death, later explaining that as a black man involved in the accidental death of a white woman, he would have no chance in defending himself. Amanda claims that she feared for Sha's life so she felt obligated to help Grant. Sha was a thousand miles away, so that is a complete disconnect. She claims that Grant had powerful gangster friends and he could order them to kill Sha. We have yet to have the murdering gangsters identified.

Amanda claims that she discussed the murder with her sister, and then Amanda, her sister and Grant brainstormed on how to dispose of the body, and whether Laura should be fed to the hogs or the alligators. There were plenty of times when Amanda and her sister were away from Grant and where they could have contacted authorities, but they didn't. Amanda claims that she was terrified of Grant, but she did nothing to get help. Instead, she enlisted other people to help her cover up the murder. When they were back in NC and she had complete access to phones, friends, and authorities, she forgot all about her fear and planned to open a daycare with Grant.

It comes down to right and wrong, and in this case, Amanda knew that what she did was wrong, and chose to do nothing to put it right. Meek or strong, there is no justification for not doing the right thing ... if indeed she was an accidental participant ... and I don't think that she was.

Juror No. 1: White female. Exercises with a family law attorney. Parents got divorced when she lived in the Bahamas when she was 5.....and her mother lived in Scotland. She went to boarding school in England when she was 11. At 16 she moved to NC.

Juror No. 2: White male. Worked at a store Grant visited after the murder.

Juror No. 3: White male. Bruins fan. Was a snowmobile racer in the past.

Juror No. 4: Black female.

Juror No. 5: White female.

Juror No. 6: White male. Redskins and Hurricane fan.

Juror No. 7: White female, worked for state attorney general's office; however, J#7 said she can be unbiased. UNCW accounting grad, now works with children at YMCA. Parents divorced when she was 4. She lived with mom, her brother lived with mom. "Caught blurb on TV about" Ackerson murder; didn't know Grant Hayes was convicted. Watches ABC-11 in the morning; for weather and traffic. "I hear about murders, but I'm just trying to get ready for work" Mother is a construction lawyer; J#7: "I could hear her talking about it when I was little, but it was boring." (Prior juror defense peremptory challenge).

Juror No. 8: White female. Oncology nurse attached to Rex Hospital. Asked if she's ever met a pathological liar; she answers yes, husband of former coworker who served in Afghanistan. Testifies that friend who was married to pathological liar had 2 wives at the same time; "he was very charismatic ..." "He was just a homeboy from Tennessee." Juror No. 8 says friend's ex-husband concealed second marriage for 14 years. When she was younger, Juror No. 8 was a paralegal specializing in medical cases in Charleston, S.C

Juror No. 9: Latino female who is a paralegal who helps those with immigration issues. Doesn't "really look at news sites or TV." She looks at Internet daily on her Yahoo email page, doesn't watch TV crime dramas (Second juror excused. First juror excused defense peremptory challenge)

Juror No. 10: White female. Has NO knowledge of Grant or Amanda Hayes, Grant's trial or anything related to Laura Ackerson's death. Sister is a probation officer in Wake County; has one friend who is member of Raleigh PD, friend who quit RPD in 2010. Peace College graduate, has been married for 4 months; husband has been Raleigh firefighter for 12 years. Birth father gave up custody of her and her brother after divorce; her stepfather formally adopted them. Doesn't have cable TV; she predominately watches Netflix for entertainment. Ex-husband cheated on her and stole money from their joint bank accounts (Dismissed a third time Dismissed by the Judge. First juror dismissed defense peremptory challenge).

Juror No. 11: Black female. Admits she is a fan of "Murder She Wrote." Says she enjoys "Murder She Wrote" because she likes mysteries; says she can keep open mind in this trial. Read stories about Grant's case but mis-remembered some of the details. Divorced because her ex-husband had an affair for indeterminate time.

Juror No. 12: Middle-aged white female. She has two children - 17 y/o who lives with her, 14 y/o who lives with child's father Bachelors degree in psychology: however, "I must've missed the day we talked about sociopaths." She was threatened by anonymous female caller from a blocked number a few years ago; filed police report but suspect never found. (State dismissed with peremptory challenge first no. 12)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Hayes to go on trial for murder of Laura Ackerson

Strong or weak, murder is crossing the line. In this case, it required two people to agree. If one doesn't agree, then there are options. Amanda claims that although Laura was cut up in her bathroom, she didn't know anything about it. Instead, she said that because Grant put tape on the bathroom door handle, the children couldn't enter the bathroom and apparently she couldn't be bothered to enter it either. When the plans changed from moving to Kinston to a trip to visit her sister, she didn't question it. When Sha said that she wanted to visit relatives in Texas too, Amanda told her to quit being selfish.

Amanda claims that when Grant told her about Laura's murder, they were in Texas. She claims that Grant hid the murder/accidental death, later explaining that as a black man involved in the accidental death of a white woman, he would have no chance in defending himself. Amanda claims that she feared for Sha's life so she felt obligated to help Grant. Sha was a thousand miles away, so that is a complete disconnect. She claims that Grant had powerful gangster friends and he could order them to kill Sha. We have yet to have the murdering gangsters identified.

Amanda claims that she discussed the murder with her sister, and then Amanda, her sister and Grant brainstormed on how to dispose of the body, and whether Laura should be fed to the hogs or the alligators. There were plenty of times when Amanda and her sister were away from Grant and where they could have contacted authorities, but they didn't. Amanda claims that she was terrified of Grant, but she did nothing to get help. Instead, she enlisted other people to help her cover up the murder. When they were back in NC and she had complete access to phones, friends, and authorities, she forgot all about her fear and planned to open a daycare with Grant.

It comes down to right and wrong, and in this case, Amanda knew that what she did was wrong, and chose to do nothing to put it right. Meek or strong, there is no justification for not doing the right thing ... if indeed she was an accidental participant ... and I don't think that she was.

I dont disagree with you at all. My point was NOT to absolve her of responsibility. My point was that I have heard people say things like see she is strong, she wore the pants, she is independent, capable etc. I was more making the point that none of those things mean that she couldn't have been snowed and manipulated by Grant. I dont think that justifies her actions but its not her I am worried about - its the Laura's of the world. By the end there Laura was strong too and she was obviously smart and kicking butt. Sometimes the Laura's of the world go into court and because they dont look or act like the stereotype of a victim then they just get written off as bitter ex-wives.

But in this case , Laura was the unfortunate victim, & AH is on trial for her murder- whether or not she was manipulated by GH, she surely played a major role in Laura's murder, & she should have to face the consequences of her actions.

I mostly read here to be informed! I watched Grant's trial, and now this one. Today when I read here that the cross exam by BH was disappointing, I watched the replay and decided to take notes as a juror might (I've served on a jury). Wow - my hand was numb by the end! These are just my own opinions, observations and theories. I have the advantage of seeing Grant's trial, his prison interview with WRAL and this trial, along with all the many threads on this site, so we all know things that the jurors haven't seen or read.

First, just a few of the many questions I wish BH had asked:

#1) Why would Amanda not let Laura hold her baby? She claims no animosity to Laura whatsoever, yet she says she turned her back and walked away without saying a word. Why so rude? Supposedly, this started the "scuffle", she is claiming Laura was the aggressor. Was she angry with Laura and why?

#2) Yesterday, BH asked about the video taken at her sister's house, where Amanda claimed to be in the shower, yet her voice is heard on the video saying "Honey"... don't the boys get to change the "poopy" diaper? (Paraphrasing) Amanda claims her sister, niece, Sha all sound alike! But do they all call Grant "Honey"???

#3) Why did she and Grant try to hire a different psychologist in the middle of the court appointed psych evaluation with Dr. Calloway? Amanda paid for everything, she had to have been informed about the details of the custody fight, she paid thousands and thousands of dollars for it.

#4) Amanda testified that she had a "stalker" who started to bother Grant after she moved to New York. When Grant went to the police, they told Grant it was probably time for him to leave the island. What?!? Hmmm...that made absolutely no sense if Grant was a victim of harassment and stalking. If that's the advice of the VI police, I don't want to go there :) Wasn't the fact really that Amanda was into Grant and wanted him with her? Even the smallest details she recounts are lies.

#5) How did Amanda feel when they realized that they had no money whatsoever? Before Grant, Amanda was living high, I mean a 3 bedroom apartment in Manhattan is not cheap, she spent her money on herself with her acting lessons, traveling, she was her own boss. Wasn't she angry when she realized that lifestyle was gone? Who did she blame for the lost fortune?

#6) Amanda testified that Grant told her that he was a millionaire, why did she not question that when she had to buy his plane ticket to NY? And, he showed up with just two suitcases. No light when on in Amanda's head at the very beginning of this relationship?

#7) What was Amanda's detailed history with her own daughter. Give us a detailed timeline of when she lived and cared for Sha on her own and her experience as a "single" mother. Did she feel closer to Laura's boys than her own daughter? Personally, I believe her bond with the Hayes babies were stronger than she ever had with Sha.

#8) How did she know about Dr. Calloway's recommendations if she didn't read the report or discuss it with Grant?

#9) At no time did Amanda think to call the police? She had many opportunities. What was the message left on Laura's voicemail. Did Amanda ask how she was feeling? After all, she didn't see her at all after Grant informed her that Laura was hurt, she didn't question this?

Many more questions, just as everyone else. My own personal theory and opinion is that Amanda was of the exact same mind set as Grant. Both perceived themselves as great artistic talents, who would make it big someday! Even before she met Grant, she spent quite a fortune pursuing her own dreams. They both blame others for their failures. She was angry when she found out that she didn't receive any of her mother's estate - yet her testimony on direct about her mother-she claimed they were all stuck with their mother at one time or another. Heartless comments to me. She was angry with her sister and Sha, believing they had talked to police? Very revealing of how her mind works!

I believe that both she and Grant conspired to kill Laura and lured her to the apartment. I believe they may have been nice to her once she entered the apartment to lure her inside. Once Laura realized what they were up to, she began possibly to say "no way" and argued with A&G. Grant had his knife and stabbed her in the neck. Laura made her way to the door, fighting for her life, when A & G jumped her and strangled her. From the TV interview from prison, Grant makes a statement that possibly explains the stain by the doorway. Bodily fluids and all, he didn't specify, as he didn't want to be "undignified".

I apologize for the lengthy post, but had to get it off my chest to others who may feel the same way. The juror's definitely have not "heard it all" as the judge would say, and I'm afraid that's going to be the problem with the 1st degree murder charge. I'm praying that the prosecution will tie it all together and that the jury will see the true picture. What an absolute travesty if this woman goes free. Thanks for listening:seeya:

Your points 1, 4, and 7 really stood out to me over these last few days. Yesterday I posted about her guilty-as-beck comments about chain smoking like crazy in the car. It just didn't make much sense to me to be that stressed over an innocent trip and fall. At the same time another poster was posting the exact same thing. So I feel like when we are watching this independently and several of us at the same time go "whoa!" then I feel like its a decent bet the jury is picking it up too.

Excellent point about the chain smoking - what was she so worried about and nervous that she would suddenly chain smoke? I don't think BH asked her that, either. I'm happy I'm not alone with these thoughts!

One point that I noticed was about the machete. I thought that Amanda claimed he hit her in the legs with the machete, yet she had no visible cuts on her legs.

Also, she said in her direct, I believe, that he hit her with the machete on the return trip to NC. How is that possible if it was left in the driveway at her sister's house? I may be getting that wrong, maybe Grant had a supply of machetes...they both lie about anything and everything.

Your points 1, 4, and 7 really stood out to me over these last few days. Yesterday I posted about her guilty-as-beck comments about chain smoking like crazy in the car. It just didn't make much sense to me to be that stressed over an innocent trip and fall. At the same time another poster was posting the exact same thing. So I feel like when we are watching this independently and several of us at the same time go "whoa!" then I feel like its a decent bet the jury is picking it up too.
Sorry, I meant that last post to be a quote to your post. I'm a little rusty on the reply function.

& I don't seem to be able to post on the new thread, will wait for it to be sorted out. Until then, I'm firmly convinced that Amanda Hayes was quite cognizant of what was happening to Laura Ackerson & that she (AH) probably had a primary role in her demise.

Amanda Hayes wraps up her testimony in murder trial

The News & Observer - Raleigh, NC
By Anne Blythe

February 12, 2014 Updated 3 hours ago

7NBrj.AuSt.156.jpeg

Amanda Hayes testifies in her defense Tuesday, February 11, 2014
at the Wake County Justice Center. Hayes, 41, a former actress and
art-supply store owner, is accused of working in concert with her
husband Grant Hayes to kill Laura Jean Ackerson in July 2011.

TRAVIS LONG

RALEIGH — The nine women and three men who will deliberate the fate of Amanda Hayes, the 41-year-old woman accused of helping her husband murder the mother of her stepsons, were sent home early Wednesday as snow began to blanket the Triangle.

Read more:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/02/12/3616631/amanda-hayes-wraps-up-her-testimony.html

Thank you! I just woke from a nap. Pain meds do that to me but I didn't expect that I would sleep when I left here earlier.
I don't know if you have watched the links that TigerBalm sent yet and I'm behind with the posts so somebody else may have already given you an overview. But Jason Young is a slimy snake of the same caliber as AH. Maybe worse if that's possible. He supposedly left his home, toddler, and pregnant wife in Raleigh and drove to Hillsville, VA for work. There is a lot of evidence that proves he drove back to Raleigh in the middle of the night and murdered his wife, cleaned up the toddler, and drove back to Hillsville just as though he never left. The following morning he left the motel in Hillsville to see a business contact and then left there and drove to his mom's home in the mountains of NC. That's where he fell to his knees sobbing when the news came that Michelle's sister had found Michelle dead, based on a phone call Jason had made to the sister to get some papers out of his home printer....thus getting the sister over there to 'find' the body and take care of the child the following day. His mom and step dad drove with him back to Raleigh that night, he says he talked to an attorney who advised him not to talk to anybody about the case. So he didn't....for something like 7 years. Not a soul in the police department had talked with him, nobody from the DA's office--he refused to talk with anybody and everybody so that left every person involved in the investigation blind-sided. He was finally arrested so much time later and only when he testified on his own behalf in court did LE, Becky Holt, us, and everybody else in the world hear what he had to say for the first time. Of course he denied it and everything was so proper with yes ma'am, thank you, etc. The direct was non-eventful but at least we/the world got to hear his story. Then Becky began the cross and it was flat. She was slow, she didn't ask the proper questions, the entire cross was was almost a waste of time and she blew the heck out of it. It's so seldom that a defendant takes the stand we were all surprised and I understand it caught her off guard but she did just horribly and then ended her cross. None of us could believe it. The jury was hung so a mistrial was declared. He was tried the second time and Becky was still on the second trial but another ADA was helping her, I can't remember his name right now--he drives me crazy too. He's has the most seniority in the Wake Co. DA's office and is good but is slow and annoying too. Anyhow, Jason Young didn't take the stand the second time but the prosecution played his videoed testimony from the first trial and that's how they were able to trip him up on several things that Becky didn't think quickly enough to do the first time when she had a chance. The second jury found him guilty. If you get a chance to watch her cross of Jason Young in the first trial do so as it will make you want to cry, it's just so horrible. This cross with AH was much better, still lacking a lot though in my opinion. BH doesn't fire back quickly enough and can't think on the run so to speak. She is a smart woman and does a good job in apparently every area except crossing a defendant. I hope there isn't another high profile case that she's involved in with the cross examination. I shudder to think.....

:tyou: NC!

I appreciate your wrap up of it all, that gives me an idea of what I am going to see. And omg he sounds just horrible!
I have not watched Tigers links yet, I have them bookmarked to catch up on later. I too took a long nap since I have been watching Sochi all night long, then trial all day long...this weather in the south actually gave me a much needed rest! (Sorry to all experiencing it though, we have been lucky that we have not had snow here in MI in about 6 days. Just freezing temps and accumulated snow still piled up, not seen cement in WEEKS!)

I think that another point that demonstrates that Amanda knew that Laura was dead and dismembered is the rental of the trailer. They needed the trailer to haul the coolers. They needed an excuse to rent the trailer. Even if they needed a trailer to move to Kinston, they didn't need to haul it all the way to Texas and back. Amanda came up with the idea of hauling the piece of furniture (which also belonged to Sha) to her sister's house as an explanation for taking the trailer to Texas. She didn't tell Sha about taking the furniture to Texas.

I can't see any other reason for taking the expensive piece of furniture to Texas other than to disguise taking the body parts to Texas. I think that Amanda is more of a master mind in all of this and it is probably all about the money ... where Amanda did not want any more of her money to go to supporting Laura.

Amanda's daughter Sha was asked to go their apartment and sell the furniture to someone from Craigslist. She received $400 deposit and told Amanda that she would go to the bank when she had received the full $700. Amanda told her to immediately deposit the $400, so Sha did that. It meant that she had to go to the bank twice to satisfy her mother's demands.

What that tells us it that Amanda wanted the money immediately. We know that Grant had no income so when Amanda had cash, it's likely that some of it went to Grant.

I hope that the prosecution drives it home that Amanda was wearing the pants in the family in terms of controlling the finances, expecting that Grant do the house cleaning, ordering Sha around, taking advantage of Sha, attempting to also take advantage of her friend (now husband) Matt, and that she is the only connection between the murder and the location of the body.

Now husband???!!! Are you kidding me???!! OMG. Are you serious???? AggghhhhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case you missed some of the Amanda Hayes trial testimony, WRAL - Raleigh, NC has it archived.

For now, it appears WRAL has it archived by day. Click on the day (video) and all who testified that day will have a video of their testimony.

Also, you can click on the "live" update box and read the "live" updates by WRAL for a given day.

This is the way it is set up now. If WRAL changes the archives again, of course the aforementioned won't apply.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/13329437/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- Amanda Hayes murder trial video

Opening Statements and testimony Day 1 thru Day 12

Notice that GH's issues with Laura deteriorated rapidly once AH entered the picture. IMO, this is no coincidence. By no means am I giving GH a pass, but I think AH's determination to obliterate Laura may have sent a "crazy" GH over the edge into a totally psycho GH who ended up doing what he did. She was behind this, I have zero doubt. She is evil to the core.

Yes, I agree. And I am not giving him a pass either whatsoever, but obviously he had already been dealing with Laura for many years. Meaning, he had already been dealing with her with issues like child custody, child care, etc.. Now suddenly AH comes along, and I feel like Grant's relationship with Laura was too much for her to handle. Because of the kids, Grant would always have a relationship with Laura, no matter what. And I feel like AH decided one day that she couldn't deal with Laura "interfering" with their life for the rest of her life. She wanted Grant all to herself. On top of that, was she would be losing money with child support. On top of that, Grant's constant communication with Laura over the kids. I really feel like AH just snapped one day and hatched this plan. And maybe she had already hatched a plan to get rid of her paralyzed husband #3, so she was used to hatching murderous plans.

JMO.

If the rebuttal witness is to impeach the defendant's testimony, then it could result in a murder conviction. I would like to see closing arguments draw a clear connection between:

• the incident that resulted in Laura's death, when Amanda was present,
  • Amanda's decision to take the children out while Grant hid the body in the bathroom,
  • clear explanation that when Sha had the children, Grant and Amanda were cutting up the body,
  • quick change of plans from packing and moving to visiting Texas
  • description of Amanda fearing for her life and then planning a life with Grant

Otto, Excellent points. Those answers would wrap it all up quite nicely...with a bow on top.

Now husband???!!! Are you kidding me???!! OMG. Are you serious???? AggghhhhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, that sentence was awkward ... Matt is Amanda's daughter's husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay