Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I noticed in the clip: "the next morning her millionaire husband reported her missing". I'm not sure that's correct. From what I've heard so far it was an interstate friend who reported her missing while her husband took off for Indonesia in a hurry.

Anyway - this is GREAT news! I bet these multiple involved persons can feel the heat reaching uncomfortable levels now. I'm convinced we have reached a significant turning point now with the media on it, most of the other charges publicly available and JC involved in a pile of charges. This can only go one way.:jail:

And what a joy it was to see Frederika in that clip.

I just can't wait to see that fellow in court on 24th February...

I've put together this short resume of the timeline of the day Novy disappeared, 6th February 2013, based on the Nine News clip and Courier Mail article "Missing woman Novy Chardon made divorce plans before she vanished" - both from 31st January 2014:

12.30pm Novy and friend Rika visited a solicitor in Southport and Novy signed divorce papers against her husband John Chardon
- Later Novy picked up her children Alex, 7, and Chanelle, 9, from school
3.06pm John Chardon was informed of the proceedings
- That night, Novy and her daughter went to a female friend's house to work on an affidavit related to the proposed divorce settlement.
8.50pm She dropped her daughter home before leaving to meet friends at a Runaway Bay restaurant.
9.05pm Novy and Rika fueled up at a Coomera BP and ordered McDonalds
9.30pm Novy and Rika visited Rika's husband at a Runaway Bay restaurant
Rika followed her to her car and Novy said "I'm fine, don't worry about me, you can go now"
Rika waves goodbye to her, not knowing that it would be her last goodbye.
Novy leaves her friend to drive home.
Novy returned home between 10.30pm and 11pm.
Throughout the day Novy was excitedly texting about a new website for her Beauty Business
The next morning her husband reports her missing.

On the night Novy vanished her car was driven to Bowden Street in Nerang.
Police has obtained CCTV footage and information from the forensic locksmith, the car's manufacturer in Sweden that shows the very next night the car was moved.
"We belive the vehicle was collected, driven away and returned about six minutes later and parked on the opposite side of the road"

From a previous post:
A neighbour, Adrian Scott, said Mr Chardon had left the family home in a hurry on Friday night, not waiting for the garage door to fully open.
"He reversed so fast he took off the top of his car," Mr Scott said.
"He was definitely in a rush to get him and the kids to the airport."
Unfortunately the link doesn't work any longer as they have re-designed their website

Tomorrow it will be a year since Novy disappeared :(

May you soon be able to rest in peace Novy ... with your children safe and cared for while they go through life without you there, but still always at their side, as I know you are.

Feb 6 is a significant date to me - as it's my birthday. Best gift I could get? Novy is found, and her family and friends get closure.

On Monday, February 11, Ms Chardon’s Volvo SUV was found abandoned near the Nerang train station on Bowden Court. The magnetic strips advertising her beauty business had been removed

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...anniversary-20140205-321xo.html#ixzz2sVLO8JSU

^ Why would anyone bother to remove those strips, unless they had a vested interest in making sure Novy's car was not immediately identifiable, by them?

That alone is extremely damning.

Feb 6 is a significant date to me - as it's my birthday. Best gift I could get? Novy is found, and her family and friends get closure.

On Monday, February 11, Ms Chardon’s Volvo SUV was found abandoned near the Nerang train station on Bowden Court. The magnetic strips advertising her beauty business had been removed

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...anniversary-20140205-321xo.html#ixzz2sVLO8JSU

^ Why would anyone bother to remove those strips, unless they had a vested interest in making sure Novy's car was not immediately identifiable, by them?

That alone is extremely damning.

Happy birthday Ausgirl :)

I thought of you today Novy as I have alot over the past year. I pray that your children grow up to be strong and happy and that they remember you for all the good things you were.

May justice come to those involved asap!!!

I do not know if this has been mentioned before, but as can be seen from the Madeline McCann case, police are able to track who a suspect has been calling on their mobiles in the critical hours of Novy's disappearance.

No doubt if there was more than one person involved, as the police believe, then there would be a number of calls between the people involved, especially in moving the car and returning it and immediately preceding and after the crime.

It would also appear that whoever moved the car would most likely have had a key. I assume that Volvo's have security coding on their keys hence the police approach to the car manufacturer to, I assume, determine how the car could be moved.

Now who would have a key??

I've put together this short resume of the timeline

Here an updated version of the timeline with a few corrections / additions:

• Wednesday, February 6, 2013
12.30pm Novy and friend Rika visited a solicitor in Southport and Novy signed divorce papers against her husband John Chardon
Later Novy picked up her children Alex, 7, and Chanelle, 9, from school
3.06pm John Chardon was informed of the proceedings
That night, Novy and her daughter went to a female friend's house to work on an affidavit related to the proposed divorce settlement.
8.50pm She dropped her daughter home before leaving to meet friends at a Runaway Bay restaurant.
9.05pm Novy and Rika fueled up at a Coomera BP and ordered McDonalds
9.30pm Novy and Rika visited Rika's husband at a Runaway Bay restaurant
Rika followed her to her car and Novy said "I'm fine, don't worry about me, you can go now". Rika waves goodbye to her, not knowing that it would be her last goodbye.
Novy leaves her friend to drive home.
Novy arrived home between 10.30pm and 11pm, according to her husband.
Throughout the day Novy was excitedly texting about a new website for her Beauty Business.
On the night Novy vanished her car was driven to Bowden Court in Nerang.​

• Thursday, February 7, 2013
7am (approx) Mr Chardon says he woke up to find his wife missing.
8.45am, he booked flights for his two children to join him on a pre-planned business trip to Indonesia. ‘‘I couldn’t find her. I couldn’t leave them home alone,’’ he told Fairfax Media.
9.15am he made a trip to a Woolworths supermarket.
Later Thursday night: Police has obtained CCTV footage and information from the forensic locksmith, the car's manufacturer in Sweden that shows was moved Thursday night. "We belive the vehicle was collected, driven away and returned about six minutes later and parked on the opposite side of the road"​

• Friday, February 8, 2013
A neighbour, Adrian Scott, said Mr Chardon had left the family home in a hurry on Friday night, not waiting for the garage door to fully open.
"He reversed so fast he took off the top of his car," Mr Scott said.
"He was definitely in a rush to get him and the kids to the airport."​

• Saturday, February 9, 2013
A friend of Ms Chardon’s from Sydney reports the 34-year-old mother missing.​

• Sunday, February 10, 2013
A witness sees three people who appeared to be moving items from the car at Bowden Court in Nerang.​

• Monday, Febuary 11, 2013
6pm (approx) Ms Chardon’s Volvo SUV was found abandoned near Nerang train station on Bowden Court. The magnetic strips advertising her beauty business had been removed and her iPad was missing along with other personal belongings.​
I haven't been able to verify the original source of the following information nor place it in the timeline. It was posted on page 1 of this thread Tuesday morning, February 12, 2013:
I am watching the news. A neighbour said that he or his girlfriend(will clarify with link asap) heard a 'muffled gunshot'.
I believe the correct place in the timeline would be somewhere between 10.30pm Wednesday, February 6 and 7am Thursday, February 7. If anyone remembers what channel it was on or has links to it then please post.

Sources:
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/new-information-on-disappearance-of-gold-coast-mother/xbmxigm
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nes-mark-grim-anniversary-20140205-321xo.html
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...her-novy-chardon/story-fnihsrf2-1226815278033
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/missing-gold-coast-woman-seemed-happy-20130212-2eb99.html

It would also appear that whoever moved the car would most likely have had a key. I assume that Volvo's have security coding on their keys hence the police approach to the car manufacturer to, I assume, determine how the car could be moved.

Now who would have a key??

Exactly - this could be very crucial to the case. It could be that the key used for moving the car THURSDAY night was found in someone's possesion and perhaps didn't match the key Novy used Wednesday.

I haven't been able to verify the original source of the following information nor place it in the timeline. It was posted on page 1 of this thread Tuesday morning, February 12, 2013:

Originally Posted by ozgirl70
I am watching the news. A neighbour said that he or his girlfriend(will clarify with link asap) heard a 'muffled gunshot'.

I believe the correct place in the timeline would be somewhere between 10.30pm Wednesday, February 6 and 7am Thursday, February 7. If anyone remembers what channel it was on or has links to it then please post.

RSBM

I was looking for the news video in which I saw a neighbour speaking about hearing a muffled gunshot, but no luck at all. I definitely saw it back at the beginning of this case, I remember they spoke to a couple of neighbours outside their homes, and I remember hearing about the sound of a muffled gunshot, and the impression the neighbours left was that it was not unusual to hear loud noises from that house.

I also noticed in this more recent article that there is police confirmation that Novy’s missing items have never been found. I only offer this info as, after the Clean Up Australia Day look-out for Novy’s things, we have never heard anything else about those items.

"There is still some of her property missing - the magnetic sign that was on the side of her car that related to her business ... NAC Beauty ... as is some of her personal property like her purse and her iPad and things like that."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-07/police-renew-plea-for-clues-to-find-missing-woman/5245404

And thanks for the updated timeline, Good! :seeya:

RSBM

I also noticed in this more recent article that there is police confirmation that Novy’s missing items have never been found. I only offer this info as, after the Clean Up Australia Day look-out for Novy’s things, we have never heard anything else about those items.

The thing that still startle me is where is her body? :banghead: Having been watching too much crime show on TV, I notice that if the murderer is an ordinary person, the body will be discovered quickly unless it’s a serial killer who knows what they’re doing and have a certain way to dispose the body. Unless..... :eek:hwow::dunno:

Sorry, just had a horrible thought. Did he have means of disposal at his factory?
JMOO

Sorry, just had a horrible thought. Did he have means of disposal at his factory?
JMOO

I'd imagine so. They would have barrels of chemical waste and all sorts of other methods of hiding a body I'm guess.

JMOO

In another recent Queensland murder case the body was dissolved in a wheelie bin using 20 litres of hydrochloric acid from a local Bunnings store:
"Klaus Andres, 70, has pleaded guilty to interfering with the corpse of his 42-year-old Chinese wife Li Ping Cao by dissolving it in acid."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-04/mistress-testifies-at-murder-trial-of-cairns-man/5134604
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/c...airns-court-told/story-fnjpusyw-1226779383861

Although the case above has some scary similarities with Novy's case (notice the age difference?) I believe the timeframe in Novy's case was too short for a similar disposal. I tend more to believe her body was dumped somewhere in the Gold Coast hinterland. Perhaps in a barrel that the killer had easy access to due to his business. And, who knows, a few bricks and funny chemicals might have made their way into that barrel too. My theory is it was dumped on the bottom of Advancetown lake which has easy access ramps, steep inclines and a good depth. It's close to Nerang, an area JC must be quite familiar with after having lived there for many years. It's also not far from Bowden Court where Novy's car was found.

From the Courier Mail February 20, 2013:
"Detectives raided Mr Chardon's Loganholme lubricant business, Candan Industries, on Wednesday and seized computer equipment and other items."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...man-novy-chardon/story-e6freoof-1226582201048

I wonder if that business had a security system which logs the date and time of each activation/deactivation and if any out-of-hours entries could be found in the log on the night Novy "disappeared".

• Wednesday, February 6, 2013
3.06pm John Chardon was informed of the proceedings​
Just another thought: The Nine News clip showed some email correspondance had taken place that day. JC would likely have been at work and received the news by email. It could be that he took a few unusual things with him home from work that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haji62