GUILTY Bali - Aussie Schapelle Corby, 27, convicted of drug smuggling, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm also in the camp of 'If it wasn't her, then it was defs her family'.

I wish they'd just all shut up about her and that her bogan family would just disapear!!

Most telling part IMO .. the drugs were packed the same way her father had been packing it. Guess they'd got away with it so many times they didn't expect to get caught. IMO if they really wanted her out sooner they should have STFU and paid a bribe, I mean they are the ones who have been saying Bali is so corrupt for all these years.

In my opinion I think there were many "boogie board trips" prior to Corby's arrest. Around that time, I recall reading that surfboards & boogie boards in bags were never checked or scanned on arrival in Bali. But all that changed dramatically after 9/11 & Bali eventually caught up with the rest of the world.

I also recall reading that a marijuana detection scanner was installed at Bali airport following her arrest. Now that tells me there must have been some serious smuggling happening via Denpasar airport. I'd have to check the dates but there was also another who was caught around that time. A French guy tried to smuggle drugs inside a surfboard.

Yes it was interesting how the bags were packed.

In the book that was released some time back it goes into quite a bit of detail about the bag packing & the father's 30year history of drug dealing. If anyone's interested in reading it....

Sins of the Father by Sun-Herald journalist Eamonn Duff

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...s-publisher-20111109-1n6fw.html#ixzz2teymsEUR

The interview with Alexander Downer is telling, basically nobody in the know thought she was innocent .. it seems to be a farce constructed by her supporters in an attempt to free her sooner: http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3941886.htm

I used to think that she might not have known they were in there, but they were put there by someone else from her family, but now I think she knew they were in there the whole time.

It's amazing how my opinion has done a 180. At first I thought she was totally innocent when I watched Ganja Queen. (A very interesting documentary, by the way.) But knowing what I know now, I think she looks so guilty. I think she knew it was in there.

In my opinion I think there were many "boogie board trips" prior to Corby's arrest. Around that time, I recall reading that surfboards & boogie boards in bags were never checked or scanned on arrival in Bali. But all that changed dramatically after 9/11 & Bali eventually caught up with the rest of the world.

I also recall reading that a marijuana detection scanner was installed at Bali airport following her arrest. Now that tells me there must have been some serious smuggling happening via Denpasar airport. I'd have to check the dates but there was also another who was caught around that time. A French guy tried to smuggle drugs inside a surfboard.

In the book that was released some time back it goes into quite a bit of detail about the bag packing & the father's 30year history of drug dealing. If anyone's interested in reading it....

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...s-publisher-20111109-1n6fw.html#ixzz2teymsEUR

Yeah, I think she had the innocent "who me?" act down pat. Don't believe her at all anymore. Ugh.

Looks like she won't be profiting off her story any time soon, but I'm thinking if say her family members do and 'gift' Schapelle some money they might get away with it?

Looks like she won't be profiting off her story any time soon, but I'm thinking if say her family members do and 'gift' Schapelle some money they might get away with it?
I wonder though if any story her family publish about Corby's crime and get money for if that is also catagorised as proceeds from a crime?

Though I hardly think family would be offered anything close to what Corby would be. Nothing like getting a story straight from the horse's mouth.

I am certainly over Schapelle Corby and while I think she has done it tough for 9 years, she should not be making millions from selling her story. I wish the media would leave her alone to now live in peace and I wish herself and her family would also not play the media game and just let it be!! but alas it looks like they are going to milk it.

One thing I will say: My brother is a policeman, quite high up in Brisbane, he has been for over 20 years............and like he and those who know the family will tell you: their involvement with drugs and drug dealing is well known.

I am not sure if Schappelle herself knew that hooch was in her bag, but I am convinced someone in her family did: and she was unwittingly (maybe) used as a mule........this is a very widely held theory amongst the qld police.

Good post! My understanding is that these travellers had been under Australian surveillance for "quite some time".
Had she been nabbed in Australia, the truth is she probably would have received not much more than a slap on the wrist.
Very frustrating for police who go to a lot of trouble to see that people actually get to court, only to be let out again by a ridiculously lenient judge. What is the point of charging small time crooks at all? Makes the law and those who try and uphold it look foolish.
Until I discovered this thread (thanks Marly) I had no idea that others can see through what appears no more than a ruse.
Jeepers, her family don't do her any favours! Gulp!

Sins Of The Father by Eamonn Duff is very well written and researched. I read it a while back and couldn't put it down. IMO Duff has hit the nail on the head of what really happened.

Shappelle Corby has now served nine years of a 20 year sentence. She and her family would do well to keep their mouths zipped and get on with life.

It's been interesting researching this matter. A google search for Michael Corby reveals a huge amount of v-e-r-y interesting history on Shapelle and the entire Corby family.
Will try and add some links by and by.
Lets just say that the entire picture has just become a whole lot clearer.

I wonder though if any story her family publish about Corby's crime and get money for if that is also catagorised as proceeds from a crime?

Though I hardly think family would be offered anything close to what Corby would be. Nothing like getting a story straight from the horse's mouth.

That's what I'm wondering .. If there'll be some kind of sneaky arrangement which allows Schapelle to profit by proxy? Guess the AFP wondered the same thing .. The raids yesterday should be a warning to all media to watch their step here.

Lateline - 04/07/2008: Claims Schapelle Corbys father involved in ...

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2008/s2295226.htm.
Claims Schapelle Corby's father involved in drugs

Found a live interview with this cousin late last night. He has been scoffed by the Corby family as being mad.
Perhaps someone else can provide the link.
After learning something if the machinations and modus operandi the Gittany family and Baden family over the past wee while, it becomes a little easier to differentiate truth from lies, including those bald faced denials.
"No, absolutely No! Its all lies etc." The body language associated with those denials is also similar. Quite aggressive. Quite rude. Quite base. And supposed to portray Quite Innocent.

Thanks sleepinoz! Some folks will never learn. A Frenchman was also caught at Bali airport in January with 3kg meth....

January 20, 2014

Denpasar. A French national faces the death penalty after allegedly attempting to smuggle three kilograms of crystal methamphetamine in the lining of his suitcase through customs at Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport, police said

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news...ght-with-3-kilos-of-meth-faces-death-in-bali/

Seven admits to secret Corby deal

8:48am February 20, 2014

Schapelle Corby's brother-in-law will try to make a deal today with Indonesian authorities allowing the convicted drug smuggler to give her controversial TV interview.

Wayan Widiartha, who is married to Corby's sister Mercedes, is reportedly set to meet with parole officials and invite them to sit in on the interview with Network Seven's veteran journalist Mike Willesee.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/02/20/08/48/channel-seven-admits-to-secret-corby-deal

I think Indonesian parole board should have added a clause into her parole contract stating if any money is paid to her or family for interviews it immediately goes straight to funding a hospital or drug rehab centres.

That would have sorted the whole issue.

Seven admits to secret Corby deal

8:48am February 20, 2014

Schapelle Corby's brother-in-law will try to make a deal today with Indonesian authorities allowing the convicted drug smuggler to give her controversial TV interview.

Wayan Widiartha, who is married to Corby's sister Mercedes, is reportedly set to meet with parole officials and invite them to sit in on the interview with Network Seven's veteran journalist Mike Willesee.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/02/20/08/48/channel-seven-admits-to-secret-corby-deal

That ought to go well, who in the h*ll do they think they are? If she gives an interview, everyone knows that money will have been exchanged for it in some form or other, so I hope the Indonesian authorities laugh him out the door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back