MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's my point exactly. Thank you. Trust but verify. Kevin obviously had his girlfriend plus others to verify his whereabouts. Just what if that set of tracks didn't match Kevin's girlfriend's car-then what?. It's disturbing that neither he nor his girlfriend or others(girlfriend's brother + wife) did not come forward immediately because apparently the tires were new at the time. Probably LE could have investigated tire stores in the area to verify and maybe they did. But if they solidly identified the tracks then why not say so thus strengthening their case and adding pressure to the POI. Sorry to be muddleheaded about this but the 10-23-89 picture of Investigator Steve Mund spraying something(I assume Jacob's footprints) on the road still bothers me. If you look at that picture there's tire tracks in a curving pattern around the investigator...does anyone else see that? Trackergd? Why would there be tire tracks in this trajectory in that section of the road?

See post #1019 here:
MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5 - Page 44 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It shows Steve Mund casting the footprint(s) of Jacob. In the photo of Mund, I do see a faint tire track arcing out around Mund behind him, I'm just guessing that could be from the investigators who were there driving around on 3 wheelers looking for clues in the ditches. They would probably swerve around any tracks or footprints to "preserve" the scene.

The other photo in those 2 posts shows there was yellow tape around the entrance area of DR's family road. (It looks like it runs across the entrance, and down both sides out in the grass.) Someone, I think you, cGorg, had asked earlier if the road was taped off at all.

Also, I recall DR himself saying when he went out the next morning in his car, there was yellow tape across the road blocking his path, so he got out of his car, lifted the tape and walked under right onto the crime scene and then the police told him to go back and drive around through the ditch. I have wondered if that was intentional, to muddy the crime scene, or why he would lift crime tape and walk across the taped off area? Just irritation that they had blocked him or what? Seems as if someone so intelligent would know not to walk on a crime scene.

So LE just took Kevin's word for it? I'm not suggesting that Kevin is/was lying. I'm just wondering if they were actually able to prove the tracks belonged to the car that Kevin was driving at the time.

No, they didn't just take Kevin's word for it. LE had a witness that saw a small car in the Rassier driveway about the time of the abduction.

This witness came forward right away, saying "I saw lights kind of close together, like a small car. It caught my attention because it's unusual for a car to be out here at that time." - source: October 24, 1989 St. Cloud Times.

Oh, and that witness who was quoted in the newspaper was Dan Rassier. He said he saw a car. The driver of that car, IMO, came forward 14 years later, and that car was thus accounted for and ruled out. LE said that all cars had been accounted for once Kevin came forward.

Rassier now says he saw two cars in his driveway - one during the day, and one at the time of the abduction, neither of which were Kevin's car according to him. And, in the few minutes between Rassier "seeing" the "second" car and Kevin coming into his driveway, Rassier had fallen asleep. He "slept" for the next 2 hours while police sped past his house and a helicopter hovered around the area of his home. He was finally "awaken" about 11:15-11:20pm when his dog alerted him to people by the woodpile.

Until 2010 (to my knowledge), there was never any mention by LE or the media about other cars in the Rassier driveway.

Furthermore, FBI supervisor in charge of the investigation, has said that he was not aware of more than one car reported as being in the Rassier driveway. That FBI agent was on the scene by 9:00am on Monday after the abduction, and he remained in St. Joseph heading up for weeks. I would think he would know if multiple cars had been reported.

IMO, it's all about the cars.

Read something intersting on KSTP's FB just now. There is a comment on this picture having to do with child sex abuse in the saint cloud area. I wonder if it goes back to 30 years...

The jordan sex abuse scandal was blown off as being false memory, but sometimes I wonder.

details about jordan sex abuse

Check out the date of this article, October 22nd. It's bizarre that the date of October 22nd keeps popping up. First Catholic mass held in St. Joseph, October 22nd: Jacob's abduction October 22nd; the birthday of the boy who was nearly abducted in August 1989, October 22nd.

Trivial, I know....but interesting coincidence.

On a related note, in the early 1990's there were two different doctors (one a psychiatrist, the other a psychologist) who were reprimanded by the State of Minnesota. Both doctors had treated patients who had claimed to have seen Jacob, and told the doctors he had been taken by a cult. At least one of the doctors was accused of planting "false memories".

No, they didn't just take Kevin's word for it. LE had a witness that saw a small car in the Rassier driveway about the time of the abduction.

This witness came forward right away, saying "I saw lights kind of close together, like a small car. It caught my attention because it's unusual for a car to be out here at that time." - source: October 24, 1989 St. Cloud Times.

Oh, and that witness who was quoted in the newspaper was Dan Rassier. He said he saw a car. The driver of that car, IMO, came forward 14 years later, and that car was thus accounted for and ruled out. LE said that all cars had been accounted for once Kevin came forward.

Rassier now says he saw two cars in his driveway - one during the day, and one at the time of the abduction, neither of which were Kevin's car according to him. And, in the few minutes between Rassier "seeing" the "second" car and Kevin coming into his driveway, Rassier had fallen asleep. He "slept" for the next 2 hours while police sped past his house and a helicopter hovered around the area of his home. He was finally "awaken" about 11:15-11:20pm when his dog alerted him to people by the woodpile.

Until 2010 (to my knowledge), there was never any mention by LE or the media about other cars in the Rassier driveway.

Furthermore, FBI supervisor in charge of the investigation, has said that he was not aware of more than one car reported as being in the Rassier driveway. That FBI agent was on the scene by 9:00am on Monday after the abduction, and he remained in St. Joseph heading up for weeks. I would think he would know if multiple cars had been reported.

IMO, it's all about the cars.

I understand. It just doesn't give me enough confidence to say that there were no other vehicles at the scene of the abduction.

Check out the date of this article, October 22nd. It's bizarre that the date of October 22nd keeps popping up. First Catholic mass held in St. Joseph, October 22nd: Jacob's abduction October 22nd; the birthday of the boy who was nearly abducted in August 1989, October 22nd.

On a related note, in the early 1990's there were two different doctors (one a psychiatrist, the other a psychologist) who were reprimanded by the State of Minnesota. Both doctors had treated patients who had claimed to have seen Jacob, and told the doctors he had been taken by a cult. At least one of the doctors was accused of planting "false memories".

Do you have any links to articles about this?

Read something intersting on KSTP's FB just now. There is a comment on this picture having to do with child sex abuse in the saint cloud area. I wonder if it goes back to 30 years...

The jordan sex abuse scandal was blown off as being false memory, but sometimes I wonder.

details about jordan sex abuse

As far as the girl from St. Cloud who was abused, I watched the entire interview with her. (She comments on that KSTP site and from there you can go to her fb and see video and more comments). The coach was at Apollo High School and he was 25 at the time (2005) so he would have been 9 when Jacob was taken (if you were thinking he was somehow tied to Jacob's case??). I don't think anyone interested in 15 year old high school girls, is the same type of molester that is interested in 11 year old boys either.

I commend this girl for being brave enough to come forward and name her accuser. Hopefully more people who were abused when they were young will come forward so all these creeps can be put behind bars where they belong.

I've read links about a social worker/psych counselor who had questionable boundaries with Wetterlings and some of the abusive priests, (DC is in our who's who), is he one of your "psychologists"?

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/dan-carle-connected-to-it-all/

I lived near the St. Joseph area at the time of the abduction. The story never went out of my head. I also remember this other story in Jordan and never put the two together. Back then, nobody really believed that this sort of thing happened. We were asleep in a sense.

Older Than 25, Single, Never Married By itself this indicator means nothing. It has significance only when combined with several other indicators. Because they have a sexual preference for children, pedophiles often have some degree of difficulty in performing sexually with adults; therefore, they frequently are not married or are married for only brief periods of time. Some pedophiles, though, do enter into marriage for specific reasons, and these have been and will be discussed
again.

Lives Alone or With Parents This indicator is closely related to the above. Again, by itself, it has little meaning. The fact that some man lives alone does not mean he is a pedophile. The fact that an individual who possesses many of the other traits discussed here and also lives alone or with his parents might be significant.
http://www.yellodyno.com/pdf/OJJDP_Child_Molesters_Behavioral_Analysis.pdf

Dan Rassier's younger brother's FB shows that he graduated from Cathedral HS, so why didn't Dan graduate from Cathedral HS? Did Dan have problems with the monks at St. John's Abbey/the monks that taught at Cathedral HS?

http://minneapolis.legalexaminer.co...7-priests-accused-of-sexually-abusing-minors/

There was a reasonable amount of suspicion, supported by circumstances sufficiently strong to justify a prudent and cautious person's belief that certain facts are probably true required to obtain that search warrant for Dan Rassier’s burn pit. Dan's, LE's person of interest, burn pit was dug up and huge dump trucks hauled away the ashes. I wonder if it was Dan's online activities which caused the suspicion allowing the search warrant in 2010.

Does anyone know what kind of car Dan's younger brother drove before he left for the Peace Corp in the year immediately after Jacob disappeared?

The behavior (of child sex offender) is highly repetitive, to the point of compulsion, rather than resulting from a lack of judgment.
http://yellodyno.com/Statistics/statistics_child_molester.html

"The serial killer has the same personality characteristics as the sex offender against children"
~Dr. Mace Knapp, Nevada State Prison Psychologist
http://yellodyno.com/Statistics/statistics_child_molester.html

Personality characteristics of serial killers (which have the same characteristics of child sex offenders according to Dr. M. Knapp at Nevada State Prison):
The interpersonal traits include glibness, superficial charm, a grandiose sense of self-worth, lying, and the manipulation of others. The affective traits include a lack of remorse and/or guilt, shallow affect, a lack of empathy, and failure to accept responsibility. The lifestyle behaviors include stimulation-seeking behavior, impulsivity, and parasitic orientation.
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Lists of stimulation-seeking behaviors always include playing with fire.

IMO, Dan has aspects of parasitic orientation (living in his parents' basement all his life even though he makes a good salary), fire playing (Why were there animals bones in his burn pit?) and lack of empathy towards Jacob (was unconcerned and went back to bed after learning about a missing child near his property whose age was the same as the kids he taught) and unconcern for Jacob's mother (for TWENTY years he refused to speak with her).

Please read Jared's latest comments of February 26 on Joy's blog 'Embracing the Past'...I'm not saying anything in particular only that they are food for thought.

Please read Jared's latest comments of February 26 on Joy's blog 'Embracing the Past'...I'm not saying anything in particular only that they are food for thought.

I saw them already, I was surprised he referred to DR as a "suspect in Jacob's case who has not been cleared yet." Although he said he did rule out DR in his own case.

Dan Rassier's younger brother's FB shows that he graduated from Cathedral HS, so why didn't Dan graduate from Cathedral HS? Did Dan have problems with the monks at St. John's Abbey/the monks that taught at Cathedral HS?

(snipped by me)

I'm not sure what year they all graduated, but Apollo high school was first opened to students in the Fall of 1970. I'm just guessing here, but perhaps the ages are right so that one brother went to Cathedral, and then Apollo opened, and Dan wanted to go to the new school? It's a possibility anyway. I do know once Apollo opened kids from Tech High School and Cathedral wanted to go to the cool new school.

I went to Cathedral, it was mostly nuns, only one or two monks/priests, and a few lay teachers. So I don't think that would have been an issue. Like Brightie said, back then, none of us were really aware of any behavior of priests or monks.

As far as what car anyone was driving back in 1989, I don't even remember what car I was driving back then.

Do you have any links to articles about this?

I have photocopies of the articles, but since there is no online copy of the article available to link to, I cannot post the article itself to WS per the rules.

Police tape..post#1097...I guess I answered my own question...thx for the reminder shergal. I still wonder why LE would drive ATV's between the 2 tapelines. DR transgressing that line the next morning makes it twice after the abduction he walked on that 40 yard stretch of road.

I've read links about a social worker/psych counselor who had questionable boundaries with Wetterlings and some of the abusive priests, (DC is in our who's who), is he one of your "psychologists"?

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/dan-carle-connected-to-it-all/

No, the doctors I'm referring to are Renee Fredrickson and Diane Humenansky. This may be disturbing reading for some, read at your own risk.

http://www.stopbadtherapy.com/experts/fredrickson/order.txt

http://truthontatelabianca.com/thre...ment-psychiatrist-testifies-june-24-1995.246/

No, the doctors I'm referring to are Renee Fredrickson and Diane Humenansky. This may be disturbing reading for some, read at your own risk.

http://www.stopbadtherapy.com/experts/fredrickson/order.txt

http://truthontatelabianca.com/thre...ment-psychiatrist-testifies-june-24-1995.246/

In that first link, #40 and #41 seem very strange to me.

40. On October 8, 1996, Licensee reported that on or about October
2, 1996, someone stole a file form her office. The file was for her
Wednesday group and contained six folders, one for each person in the
group. Licensee was concerned because of pattern of unusual incidents
that occurred whenever either client #2 or client #3 was being seen.
Licensee noted that her secretary had pulled the file before 1:00
p.m. After working in her office for an hour an a half, Licensee noted
the file was missing. It was never discovered. According to a police
investigative report, Licensee stated that members of the group were
regaining memories about the Jacob Wetterling abduction case and the
1981 Smith-Jones homicide. Licensee suspected that client #2 and
client #3's father and his ex-wife were linked to those cases.

41. On the same date, Licensee also reported to the police that
another file, that of client #8, had been discovered missing during
the summer. She told the police that client #8 was an alleged cult
survivor who lived near the Wetterling family when Jacob Wetterling
was abducted, and the client, along with other family members, was
suspicious that the mother was involved in the kidnapping.

But in other parts of this document, Licensee (Fredrickson) seems to be imagining things such as some unknown person "fixing" her house, repairing doors and screens, etc., which makes me wonder how accurate any of her theories would have been.

I saw them already, I was surprised he referred to DR as a "suspect in Jacob's case who has not been cleared yet." Although he said he did rule out DR in his own case.

The way I read this, Jared is saying that DR has not been ruled out as a suspect in his own case. I don't think he is referring to Jacob's case here.

In that first link, #40 and #41 seem very strange to me.

40. On October 8, 1996, Licensee reported that on or about October
2, 1996, someone stole a file form her office. The file was for her
Wednesday group and contained six folders, one for each person in the
group. Licensee was concerned because of pattern of unusual incidents
that occurred whenever either client #2 or client #3 was being seen.
Licensee noted that her secretary had pulled the file before 1:00
p.m. After working in her office for an hour an a half, Licensee noted
the file was missing. It was never discovered. According to a police
investigative report, Licensee stated that members of the group were
regaining memories about the Jacob Wetterling abduction case and the
1981 Smith-Jones homicide. Licensee suspected that client #2 and
client #3's father and his ex-wife were linked to those cases.

41. On the same date, Licensee also reported to the police that
another file, that of client #8, had been discovered missing during
the summer. She told the police that client #8 was an alleged cult
survivor who lived near the Wetterling family when Jacob Wetterling
was abducted, and the client, along with other family members, was
suspicious that the mother was involved in the kidnapping.

But in other parts of this document, Licensee (Fredrickson) seems to be imagining things such as some unknown person "fixing" her house, repairing doors and screens, etc., which makes me wonder how accurate any of her theories would have been.

I have more on Humenansky, but it's a copy of a St. Joseph Newsleader article that I cannot post here. It provides graphic details about a St. Paul mental patient who claimed she had seen Jacob in captivity, etc. Humenansky was accused of planting "false memories" in some patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay