Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Chardon keeps his boat near/in the Nerang River? Is it a river that is more accessible to the ocean? The Coomera River looks as though it has many twists and turns before it gets to the ocean.

Also, there was mention earlier in the thread that bull sharks have been seen in the Nerang River. Possibly bull sharks don't really venture into the Coomera River? Something a fisher-person would know (sorry, I just can't call the a 'man' in any description!!) I notice in the footage of Chardon's garage that he has big fishing rods stored/hung on the wall - right above where the Jack Daniel's moped is/was - and one or more are still there in the now-emptier garage.
Coomera River is perfectly accessible to the ocean. Sanctuary Cove, Hope Harbour, Gold Coast City Marine could be possible places to keep it. Sanctuary Cove is accesible even by ferries and very large sail ships. Finally there's a boat ramp right next to the M1 bridge although the boat is definitely not stored at his house - at least haven't been since the media attention started. The boat is a "tinnie" (aluminium - albeit in the more expensive category of "tinnies"). Despite its size it's light enough to be loaded/unloaded by a single person.
I think the search in Nerang river was based solely on the location of Novy's car.
Bull sharks can be found in all of the canals and rivers on the Gold Coast. "shark bait" is also something that has crossed my mind - although I think remains could have been found had that happened in a river. Such a scenario would probably be more likely to be successful at open sea far from land.

Interesting Channel 9 news report here.

Apparently police have confirmed a covert surveillance operation of David Babbington meeting with Chardon.

And Babbington’s yard has been filled and smoothed over.

Chardon chewing gum like crazy .... holding those potty words in, no doubt! Though they did have to bleep out whatever he said when his suitcase fell off the trolley.

Lot of suitcases for one man.

Text underneath the video says Husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon has been formally interviewed by detectives.

Novy Chardon's husband returns to Brisbane - YouTube

Did we ever find that ACA show link? I can't remember. Another WSer found it for us, so I'm going to post it here for anyone who didn't see it yet.
Thank you other WSer! :seeya:

February 25, 2014:
Novy Chardon vanished without a trace a year ago. Her disappearance mystified police and they now believe more than one person is responsible for her murder. Now for the first time, the chief police informant breaks her silence. Police try to track Novy Chardon's killer.

Police try to track Novy Chardon's killer - YouTube

The hiring of the carpet cleaner makes me shudder. Those poor children:tantrum:

Interesting YouTube vid SouthAus, so JC hired a carpet cleaner the morning Novi disappeared, if the police couldn't find that exact machine I believe they can still find blood in the carpet even if it has been cleaned. Also Novi's solicitor may shed more light about the reasons for the divorce and JC's phone records & pings should be able to track who the others involved are & Novi's phone records & pings.

I feel the solicitors email should have been sent after Novi found safe refuge.

"Separation assault" again! Women who think they are in no immediate danger should not make physical contact after the separation.

It was said before that this is beginning to have all the hallmarks of the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay. How many men are waking up to find their wives missing for no apparent reason? Children whisked off somewhere, quick vacuums/carpet cleaning, missing phone, strange happenings with her car in the middle of the night. Is it becoming a routine plot?
Unfortunately, I feel Novi will be found like Allison and the outcome will be similar but has too much time passed, is it a colder case?
:jail:

It was said before that this is beginning to have all the hallmarks of the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay. How many men are waking up to find their wives missing for no apparent reason? Children whisked off somewhere, quick vacuums/carpet cleaning, missing phone, strange happenings with her car in the middle of the night. Is it becoming a routine plot?
Unfortunately, I feel Novi will be found like Allison and the outcome will be similar but has too much time passed, is it a colder case?
:jail:

RSBM

I agree TGY … wives disappearing at night while the children are sleeping seems to be a bit of a trend these days. I was watching a 48 Hours episode last night called The Blue River Murder (in Colorado) .. same thing. Wife decided to go for a walk ‘to clear her head’ at 10:30 at night during a heavy snowfall. Took her phone and computer (?!!) but nothing else, no bag, no car keys, no purse .. and disappeared. Of course, she was filing for divorce.

Husband, Dale Bruner, waited a leisurely 11 hours to file a missing persons report – because he thought his wife just needed some alone time. Thankfully, he is now serving 112 years behind bars for the crime. (Boy, we should have some sentences like that here in Oz!!)

RSBM

I agree TGY … wives disappearing at night while the children are sleeping seems to be a bit of a trend these days. I was watching a 48 Hours episode last night called the The Blue River Murder (in Colorado) .. same thing. Wife decided to go for a walk ‘to clear her head’ at 10:30 at night during a heavy snowfall. Took her phone and computer (?!!) but nothing else, no bag, no car keys, no purse .. and disappeared. Of course, she was filing for divorce.

Husband, Dale Bruner, waited a leisurely 11 hours to file a missing persons report – because he thought his wife just needed some alone time. Thankfully, he is now serving 112 years behind bars for the crime. (Boy, we should have some sentences like that here in Oz!!)

Couldn't agree more. Some sentences are a complete joke!!

Thankfully, he is now serving 112 years behind bars for the crime. (Boy, we should have some sentences like that here in Oz!!)
Ha ha, I think 40 years should be adequate in Novy's case :floorlaugh: (might end up there - all added up - time will tell)

Couldn't agree more. Some sentences are a complete joke!!
Sorry to repeat an old post of mine from November:
"If you have a reason to suspect a child in Queensland is experiencing harm, or is at risk of experiencing harm, you need to contact a Child Safety Services’ Regional Intake Service."
http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/c...fety-service-centres/regional-intake-services

I called these guys today. They were, to say the least, not very interested in the results of my Google searches and news clips. The conclusion must be that someone close to the family, preferably a family member, has to make the call. Hopefully the right people already took action on this case although it seems it's actually possible for a person on such serious charges to be released on bail using arguments of sole custody and care of young children.

This is what really concerns me the most. That a person charged with 8 counts of rape/child sex abuse, not to mention illegal firearms charges and previous DUI offence, can be released on bail to take "care" of his children. Bail conditions mention "no contact to persons under the age of 16 unless in presence of another adult" so his adult daughter moves in...
Just before Christmas his lawyer is succesful in amending the bail conditions so they say "except for A and C Chardon" (his kids).
That very same person is of special interest in a case where police believe "more than one person was involved in Ms Chardon's death and the disposal of her body." with ongoing covert operations and star chamber meetings.
He arrives back from Indonesia carrying a stun gun / taser and he's still free to go home to his kids.
If any of YOU have concerns for these kids too I recommend you call Child Safety Services - contact info on the link above.

I just read this on the Inox website. Apologies if it's already been discussed.

This just makes me plain sick and mad - who on earth would find these actions amusing? This is just one more thing to show what a rotten, disgusting poor excuse for a man he is:

"Anyhow Sid had all these scrawny looking cats running around junk yard and one Sunday 3 local dairy farmers turned up and one them remarked to Sid “Was he ever going to feed those cats”. Well Sid as usual with his hand on his chin thought for a few minutes, then he said “Watch this”. He grabbed a pre-WW 2 hubcap and filled with petrol, put it on the ground and said “Puss, puss” and the scrawniest looking cat came over and started licking the petrol. Well, it took off like a bolt out of hell, it raced over car bodies, around and around the yard, then it just collapsed on the ground right in front of us. One of the farmers said “Sid. you’ve killed the poor bloody thing”, Sid just looked at the farmer and said “Nah, she’s OK, just run out of petrol”.

http://www.inoxmx.com/about-us/

:stormingmad:

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...ng-chief-suspect/story-fnje8bkv-1226849932874

Husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon won’t be interviewed despite being “chief suspect”

Gold Coast Bulletin
March 10, 2014 8:19AM

JOHN Chardon has been at the centre of public scrutiny since more clues emerged in the disappearance of wife Novy — but police have no plans to interview him in the *immediate future.

The chief investigator in the *baffling missing persons case, *Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson, said police inquiries this week would be “nothing out of the ordinary” as they await forensic results from car parts dug up in a Mt Nathan backyard last week.

He confirmed he had no plans in the “immediate future” to interview Mr Chardon, whose own lawyer has admitted is the “chief suspect” in the disappearance of his wife on February 6, last year.

The Upper Coomera father-of-four is expected to return to work at his Loganlea workshop today, where he has made millions after *inventing a popular motor lubricant brand that has been on the market more than 20 years.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news...stralia-still-mystery-1-year-on/#.Ux1Cp4UeSZQ

Fate of Indonesian Woman Missing In Australia Still Mystery 1 Year On

Novy-Chardon-6.jpg.jpg

Doesn't she look different.

she looks older or is it just the ugly creep beside her that ages her so much? That man makes me want to punch my screen.

http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=957002

Novy's grieving mum waits for news

Estralita told the newspaper there were several problems in the marriage, which culminated when Ms Chardon refused to agree to a loan to expand the business.

Thanks Sleepinoz. from the same link

Queensland police last week dug up parts of a ute from a property owned by an 'acquaintance' of Ms Chardon's husband, John.

He has always denied any involvement in his estranged wife's disappearance.

Police say further investigations are needed to confirm it is the same type of ute seen at Ms Chardon's home before her suspected murder.

http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=957002

BBM: So now MSM are saying that the white ute was seen at Novy's home before she disappeared. Sloppy journalism or is there something more to this?

she looks older or is it just the ugly creep beside her that ages her so much? That man makes me want to punch my screen.

She still looks very beautiful. Mum and Dad don't look very impressed though, do they? Can't say I blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member