Identified! AR - Blytheville, WhtFem 449UFAR, 18-36, 'Kim' tattoo, Jun'78 - Kimberlin Mills

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Carl does namus automaticly run a Codis check? I dont really trust that for some reason? What do you think?

If samples are available for both cases, NamUs will automatically compare them. And if they are both in CODIS, CODIS will automatically compare them too. But it is never clear whether the cases are in CODIS.

From what I understand, the "Sample Submitted - Tests Complete" (on the MP) Means that the samples at least are in NamUs, and probably in CODIS. For the UID, it says that both mtDNA and nucDNA are available at University of North Texas. Since UNT now runs NamUs, the samples are almost definitely in the NamUs system, and probably in CODIS too.

Augh, I just sent an e-mail regarding a possible match between this UID and Teresa Cupps to Major Kidney of the Tecumseh PD not five minutes ago. Only afterward did it occur to me to check WS to see if there was a thread for either of these cases. Ah, well.

In my initial phone call to the TPD, the woman I spoke to told me that Major Kidney was out of the office teaching a class this week, so I don't expect to hear anything until next week at the earliest. Maybe then we can get a definitive yes or no on whether Teresa Cupps has been ruled out.

I had previously contacted the coroner of Mississippi County, AR about two months ago regarding this possible match, but never heard back from him. He seemed pretty clueless, actually. Said he had never heard of this UID case and would have to check his records.

Augh, I just sent an e-mail regarding a possible match between this UID and Teresa Cupps to Major Kidney of the Tecumseh PD not five minutes ago. Only afterward did it occur to me to check WS to see if there was a thread for either of these cases. Ah, well.

In my initial phone call to the TPD, the woman I spoke to told me that Major Kidney was out of the office teaching a class this week, so I don't expect to hear anything until next week at the earliest. Maybe then we can get a definitive yes or no on whether Teresa Cupps has been ruled out.

I had previously contacted the coroner of Mississippi County, AR about two months ago regarding this possible match, but never heard back from him. He seemed pretty clueless, actually. Said he had never heard of this UID case and would have to check his records.

bbm: I for one am so sick of hearing that crap!!!!! if that is the JOB, how in the heck can they NOT be familiar with the cold cases, Im just sayin! miss.co AR is not a large place with endless UID's there might be 1 or 2 in that county....Argh!:banghead:

Yes, exactly. Our conversation didn't give me any feeling of confidence that he would follow through, so I gave it some time and then decided maybe it would be better to approach it from the other end. That's when I called the Tecumseh PD and was given the e-mail address to forward my info on this possible match to them.

Jane Doe was found in the very same town I visited about 10 years ago as a child to see my grandmother. She lived in Blytheville and it's a large, but mainly rural town. Lots of farm land and farms, lots of poverty too. If I remember correctly, hitchhikers were around in circa 2002.
I just discovered her and my heart aches to see she's been unidentified this long.

Hi, I have been following this case for a while-hope y'all don't mind if I jump in to suggest the following MPs as possibles.
All went missing before June, 1978. Links below. None of these have been ruled out on NAMUS as of March 1 ,2014.

Teresa Rhodes NAMUS MP 5133 Missing Sept 27, 1975 Age 13 from Greensburg PA . She would be about 16 or 17 in 1978, a little young, but still within range.
www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5133/0/

Eileen Frances Hynson NAMUS MP 14520 Missing June 1 1976 Napa CA Age 19
www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14520/0/

Patricia Faulkner NAMUS MP 4809 missing from Marietta Georgia in 1977. I can't tell how exactly long Patricia's hair is or if it is pinned up in the back.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4809/1/

JMHO, I think Teresa and Eileen have a strong resemblance to Jane, but I'm pretty new at all this.

Opinions on these MPs welcome, please.

Teresa Cupps is on the rule out list:

Teresa Cupps 1958 Oklahoma
Sandra Fisher 1947 Kentucky
Melanie Flynn 1952 Kentucky
Jamie Grissim 1955 Washington
Margaret Hayes 1954 Indiana

Okay, one last detail and I'll stop. This page mentions that she was found with a UID male. (Carl's recon looks a lot better, IMO.)

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMU&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I have been following this case a little bit and found your comment here intriguing. That link is the only mention of the male companion. Even the NamUs link doesn't mention that. I contacted the AR crimelab and they verified that there was a male companion with her who was/is burried in a John Doe grave in Missouri.

Looking back over NamUs and Doenetwork there is no mention of a John Doe in MO for June 1978. This is a real shame as it could be the missing piece that closes this case.

I have sent an email to the MSHP (who handle those cases) to see if there is any info. If they reply with "no" then I think the next step would be to see if a local MO newspaper is interested in the story.

Will keep you posted.

A mega update on this case...

The Missouri State Highway Patrol replied to my email inquiry about the gentleman mentioned on the poster posted here by FiveFelines. As far as I could tell that was the only mention of him anywhere on the internet, even on her other posters.

After putting MO police in touch with AR police they concluded that they had nothing posted online about the UID male. Perhaps it was lost over the years but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that as a result of the inquiry the MO police have created a BRAND NEW poster for the male UID which contains a lot of details to go on which in my opinion makes this case very solvable. He had a large scar on the middle of his forehead, a "J.H." tattoo on his arm and a memorable t-shirt.

Take a look at the poster here and let me know who you think it could be. I have a few picks and wonder if like minded individuals are thinking along the same lines as me.
http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MS.../Documents/PemiscotCountyUnidentifiedMale.pdf

Also, I've been told that adding him to NamUs could prove difficult as this is usually only done by the Coroners/Medical examiners. MO police as sourcing somebody to add him to the database but if anyone out there reading this has a connection with NamUs then please try to have him added.

TF!

Does anyone see a resemblance between the two UID'S like they could be brother and sister?? Also I'm thinking this gal may be younger as her wisdom teeth were not erupted. Just a thought....

Does anyone see a resemblance between the two UID'S like they could be brother and sister?? Also I'm thinking this gal may be younger as her wisdom teeth were not erupted. Just a thought....

I don't see it, but it's hard to tell from the morgue pics because of the damage done to their faces by the gunshots. They look similar in that respect.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/2533859...-year-old-mid-south-john-and-jane-doe-murders
( more at link)

In 1978, the bodies of John and Jane Doe were discovered 15 miles apart on a stretch of Interstate 55 in Arkansas. What makes matters worse is that the case file of clues is severely damaged. A flood in Mississippi County, Ark. damaged many morgue photos, witness statements, fingerprints, and more.

"The water damage that we had makes it difficult to read everything," said Mississippi County Sheriff's Dept. Sgt. Preston Williams.

Clues were washed away in a case Williams is determined to crack.

"And it may be here. There's just a lot of papers that got wet in the center part ... Destroyed and I just don't know," he said.

The body of a young woman was found near the Burdette exit in Mississippi County, Arkansas. Another body—a man between the age of 25 and early 30s—was discovered 15 miles away in Pemiscot County, Missouri.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/2533859...-year-old-mid-south-john-and-jane-doe-murders
( more at link)

In 1978, the bodies of John and Jane Doe were discovered 15 miles apart on a stretch of Interstate 55 in Arkansas. What makes matters worse is that the case file of clues is severely damaged. A flood in Mississippi County, Ark. damaged many morgue photos, witness statements, fingerprints, and more.

"The water damage that we had makes it difficult to read everything," said Mississippi County Sheriff's Dept. Sgt. Preston Williams.

Clues were washed away in a case Williams is determined to crack.

"And it may be here. There's just a lot of papers that got wet in the center part ... Destroyed and I just don't know," he said.

The body of a young woman was found near the Burdette exit in Mississippi County, Arkansas. Another body—a man between the age of 25 and early 30s—was discovered 15 miles away in Pemiscot County, Missouri.

Nice find. They each have their own threads on here--maybe we can merge?

Warning: the interactive file includes morgue photos.

I didnt see their threads. My bad, but awesome that LE and the news station are covering this story!

I have posted this on John Does thread and wanted to cross post it here as it concerns this Jane...

I didnt search well enough and I posted a thread about this case. There is a new news report speaking of this case. The link is

From the link:
Through the years people have come forward looking for missing loved ones, but the murdered couple has never matched any descriptions.

Williams, who keeps an artist's sketch of Jane Doe on the wall in his office, hopes fresh eyes on the case might be the key to solving the crime.

"It would mean the world to me. I'd love to know that somebody was able to put closure to where my family member is," said Williams.

If you think you know anything about the 1978 murders of Jane and John Doe along Interstate 55 in Northeast Arkansas, please call 870-658-2242 or any law enforcement office.

You can go deeper inside the case through this interactive case file, which includes more photos and case file documents: http://www.wmctv.com/link/693170/john-and-jane-doe-case-file?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass.

I will cross reference this post on Janes thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back