Trial Discussion Thread #22 - 14.04.10, Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he'd have Oscar up there for at least a week or slightly more.

Nah, they see, to move quickly here. I think he'll be done by the end of the day. After lunch there's still three hours left and he's already back to the murder.

Nel actually deserves an award.
You can see how often OP's answer starts to make him laugh.
Got warned once by Judge.

Does he have to bite his tongue or such to stop his starting to laugh at OP's answers?

Let's see: the gun in Tasha's restaurant went off accidentally.

The 4 shots he fired through the door went off accidentally.

I've just seen a post on my feed asking who's in charge of it, a 12 yr old?

Bit harsh, but it is annoying when it keeps going down, like it just has again....

I think this is important -
Rebecca Davis@becsplanb@ApocalypseMM @tompeck I literally do not know a single person, in a wide and varied social scene, who has a gun.

https://twitter.com/becsplanb
-------
This trial, I believe, has a lot of people thinking gun ownership is really common in SA and it doesn't appear to be. 12 guns per 100 residents as opposed to the American 89 in 100. (England and Wales is 6 in 100, for comparison, according to 2007 statistics.)
Its true, I don't know anyone who owns a gun either in my social circle or family. Lol, if anyone does, then they clearly don't walk around with it and its not spoken of!

Re the police taking his gun off his car seat, OP is infuriated that the policeman dared to touch his precious firearm which he carries with him always. Also he was strangely concerned that the removal of the magazine may have damaged his car. He had little concern it appears that he may have got into trouble about the gun on the seat, only concerned about his precious possessions. That is not normal thinking! It's arrogant and self righteous. Imagine how he currently feels about the position he is in. That is why he is arguing, it's his nature and no amount of warnings from his DT can change his nature.

Hmmmn... So it was the noise of the toilet door that MADE him pull the trigger... ???

Well if that's not meaning to shoot the burglar/s coming out of the toilet I don't know what it is and that imo is bingo!

? What ?

My WAT stream appears to be doing a replay of the party? Another link quickly please!

nel.. if someone said, I had that gun in my car inbetween my legs. . would that person be lying??

Oscar. mr fresco said that, and he was lying..

Nel. no one challenged it.

Oscar.. I couldn't forsee what mr fresco would say.

15 min to lunch.

Nel. early morning of the 14th feb you are in the bathroom firing 4 shots. double taps.??

Oscar. yes. no. in quick succession. not double taps.

Nel. you can remember that its not a reconstruction??

no..

Nel. so why would mr Roux put that to Captain Mungeena??

Oscar. I don't know.

Nel. mr roux wouldn't put that without your input. your instruction.

Oscar. well. maybe, we had talked about training, re double taps. I corrected mr Roux on this.

Nel ... this was your version..

Judge.. cant ask this. he has said he corrected it he said.

Oscar. I didn't tell mr Roux I fired in double tap..

Nel. you fired in quick succession. how do you remember this??

'and my feed went south .

I cant remember. I fired shots.

Nel. how can you remember it was in quick succession?? because your evidence is different. . at page 1475.. 'before I knew it, I had fired 4 shots in quick succession'

Oscar.. I don't remember firing specifically 4 shots. Ifired in quick succession.

Nel. do you remember firing at the door?? yes.

Nel says. yu didn't say that.

Oscar says.. I never said Idont remember firing at the door.. because you remember aiming at the door??

Nel.. how do you rememner the rounds going into the door?? did you see them going into the door.

Oscar. that's my rememberance. I saw them going into the door.

Nel. now we can go back to where we stopped yesterday. .

you fired deliberately.

Oscar.. I fired accidentally.. I interpreted as someone coming out of the door.

Nel.. lets notget confused. yousaid... I never meant to pull the trigger.. you never meant to fire at intruders coming out the door.

Nel. you never wanted to pull the trigger. you never wanted to shoot at robbers coming out of the door. . .

Oscar.. yes er

Nel. so. every thing was accidental. you never meant to fire at intruders.. you cant remember pulling the trigger.

Oscar. the I fired, Idischarged the firearm

Nel. so.. you never wanted to shoot the intruders.. so you had no reason to shoot. objectively.. had you waited one second . if yu had waited, you would not have fired..

Oscar. I m not sure If reeva had spoken to me. I wouldn't have fired.

Nel. we know for a fact there was no intruders. know for a fact there were no ladders. know for a fact, reeva was in the toilet..

correct..

Nel. its not your version you aimed at the door. that you aimed at the door because the robbers were coming out..

Oscar. it is, .

Nel why did you fire?

Oscar I heard a noise in the toilet. I thought they were coming for me..

Nel. and you starting shooting at the intruders..

Oscar. at the door.

voice is getting wobbly. he doesn't understand. . he didn't intend to shoot. I fired at the door, i didn't have time to think it was an accident..

But it seems like the Judge is reignng in Nel much sooner than she did with Roux.
Think of Dr Burger.

But Dr. Burger didn't require a green bucket when she got upset... right?

It was never, ever put to him that it was an accident. He offered that tidbit up all of his own accord and only then did Nel (rightly) pounce on it.

I think this is important -
Rebecca Davis@becsplanb@ApocalypseMM @tompeck I literally do not know a single person, in a wide and varied social scene, who has a gun.

https://twitter.com/becsplanb
-------
This trial, I believe, has a lot of people thinking gun ownership is really common in SA and it doesn't appear to be. 12 guns per 100 residents as opposed to the American 89 in 100. (England and Wales is 6 in 100, for comparison, according to 2007 statistics.)

I agree, it's probably a more of an age/area related thing. I'm sure many of the twenty-somethings think it' 'cool' to own a gun, and OP clearly fits the type.

Nah, they see, to move quickly here. I think he'll be done by the end of the day. After lunch there's still three hours left and he's already back to the murder.
Three hours after lunch? I thought it was just one hour.

well. there goes the double tap theory that was so enticing.. to a lot of posters.. bad luck.. . .

even Oscar agrees he cant double tap.

but for sure, Roux got that from somewhere.. my money is on Oscar bigging himself up.

How does someone "not intend" to shoot if they believe there is an intruder coming out of the toilet about to attack you and the girl you say you want to protect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129