Trial Discussion Thread #25 - 14.04.14, Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this running around and screaming for help from the balcony....

I sure hope Nel asks him if he was so sincerely desperate for help then why did he LIE to the security guard when the guard initiated contact with Oscar and tell him "Everything's fine here."

I am about to SCREAM at my monitor.

OP says there was still a hope in his mind it wasn't Reeva in the bathroom.

Judge steps in and asks if Nel is saying that's a contradiction? Nel says yes.

Judge: I don't think so...hope's another thing.

Gosh this judge seems on the ball !!
Just adding her I am amazed by her attention to detail ,great admiration for her she is correct on so many things immediately after some things are said without checking .Nel and op l confuse the heck out of me at times .

Did I nearly hear OP go to say ".. that's what I was to..." (told) and then quickly changed it :scared:

Nel asks how it was possible to unlock the doors and part curtains with a cocked gun without it going off?

OP starts getting emotional as he talks how the gun was unsafe left on the bathroom floor and could have been kicked, gone off 'and hit me'.

O: If I was so calculated in my manner, surely I would have put it on safe? Put it up somewhere?...I was just thinking about Reeva...

Oscar's brother, Carl, looks like he is about to lose it. I think he's reached his limit.

Close up of Carl Pistorius then, arms stretched out on bench, fingers tapping, looking anxious.

And OP just said he was trying to put his legs on as quick as poss and was trying 'to find my socks on the floor'.

Just to clarify . Did Nel have it on the record earlier that the balcony doors were closed when he went upstairs with a policeman after the shooting or am I confused ?
If so why weren't they open as he had been out to shout for help .

I thought OP said he normally left his legs dressed before?

He was starting to ask about not turning on the light and then stopped :(

Edit: Questions should have been:
1. If you were really worried about finding Reeva (after the intruder was shot), why wouldn't you simply turn on the light?
2. After shooting four shots through the door, why didn't you open it to verify the intruder was no longer a threat? (prior to looking for Reeva) - that would have established the curiously locked door earlier

OP claims he ran and shouldered the door with a cocked gun in his hand????

ETA Isn't that the stuff of Hawaii 5-0 ?!

Great... why didn't he switch on the light. And please ask why, if his prosthetics are that quick to put on and he knows himself vulnerable on his stumps, didn't he put on his legs before rushing to the toilet?

Oh dear, he's back into being his own attorney again.

He's surely got to realise it's the judge who decides what "weight" his testimony is given and not him.

Nel wants to know why OP took gun back to bathroom with him: You left it there after you shot and killed Reeva.

O: That's not true Milady.

Is it possible to draw curtains and open locked doors with a loaded, cocked glock in your hands, while unbalanced on stumps? This is what I'd like to know.

I'd be a bit nervous of doing so, I think.

Great... why didn't he switch on the light. And please ask why, if his prosthetics are that quick to put on and he knows himself vulnerable on his stumps, didn't he put on his legs before rushing to the toilet?

Many of us think he did!

Why was he even thinking about putting socks on? Interesting that he now refers to the photo of the gun yet all of the photographic evidence has apparently been tampered with.

O: I ran down the passage, past my bed. I don't even remember opening the curtains. I was screaming on the balcony for help.

N: With your gun still cocked, in your hand?

O: Yes.

Now into a debate over if OP had to open the curtains or not to get on the balcony. They settle on the word 'part' the curtains.

Has he just described running through that pitch black room twice?

With all the fans and extension cords and clothes, computers and legs on the floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper