Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't testify that it was in the toilet, as in toilet bowl, he testified that it was in the toilet room.

Often times they just refer to that room as the "toilet." It took me a while to get used to that.

Maybe I misunderstood, but that it was in the toilet was how I heard it. He would have stated 'toilet room' wouldn't he? He has always referred to it as toilet room in the past.

Reeva and her phone was already in the toilet room so I feel my understanding of what he said was correct, IMO.
MOO

Anyone else find it a bit icky to have a magazine rack in the toilet? Eww eww eww!

Naw, come on now...lol....what is icky is no sink to wash yer hands before touching the door handle.

Is he going to ask about the metal plate or the tiles on the wall?

Of course, Oscar will just say he doesn't know how it happened.

N; Who should we blame for her being shot?

O: I'm not sure.

N: Reeva? She was going to the toilet, blame her?

O: No.

N: The government?

O: No

Nel pursues, wants to know who we should blame, OP avoids saying 'me'.

Now judge/Nel arguing about if he can ask O about who we can blame for the black talon ammo.

O: It's the ammo used for my type of firearm.

Am I correct that OP had a large dog/s? If so, wouldn't it/they have barked at an intruder?

Me: Didn't the ballistic man earlier say that ammo was hard to find because it wasn't even made anymore?

Maybe I misunderstood, but that it was in the toilet was how I heard it. He would have stated 'toilet room' wouldn't he? He has always referred to it as toilet room in the past.

MOO

I know, it's a weird thing. But they have referred to that room as just the "toilet" quiet often.

He didn't testify that it was in the toilet, as in toilet bowl, he testified that it was in the toilet room.

Often times they just refer to that room as the "toilet." It took me a while to get used to that.

Where I live we refer to the toilet room as simply 'the toilet' or 'the loo'. However I was fairly sure last week in x exam OP said words to the effect of he picked up her phone out the toilet or he picked up her phone out of the bowl. I could be mistaken but that was def the impression I got.

Anyone else find it a bit icky to have a magazine rack in the toilet? Eww eww eww!

Seems like it's most common for a man to read magazines while on the toilet. Don't know any women who are single who have magazine racks in their toilet area.

O/T when I purchased my house that was built in 1990, it had CARPET in the toilet room. EWWWWWWWW that is unsanitary BIG TIME! IYKWIM. That was ripped out first thing!

Naw, come on now...lol....what is icky is no sink to wash yer hands before touching the door handle.

Yep...that too. But honestly, if ya need to sit there for so long that ya have to read a magazine there is something wrong with ya diet!

Wth? Nothing about the missing phone ???????

Roux objected to something.

N: Reeva ate within two hours of you having shot and killed her?

O: That's not correct.

Nel says while Reeva was awake and eating, Mrs VM heard her arguing with OP. He disagrees.

OP disagrees when Nel says bloodcurling screams were Reeva's, and that she spoke to him through the door.

N: You armed yourself with the sole purpose of shooting and killing her.

O: That's not true.

N: Afterwards, you were overcome by what you'd done?

O: That's correct.

Nel steps down. Cross over. 5 min break.

Nel very weak today.
Should have been so much more...

I'm a little disappointed as I think Nels could have done more on cross.

The Defence case will only get stronger from here.

The key witness was OP and this was the best chance to nail him.

I thought Nels did a good job overall but left out a few key questions.

Where I live we refer to the toilet room as simply 'the toilet' or 'the loo'. However I was fairly sure last week in x exam OP said words to the effect of he picked up her phone out the toilet or he picked up her phone out of the bowl. I could be mistaken but that was def the impression I got.

He certainly did. I heard it and he wasn't referring to the toilet room!!

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member