GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 44s
"I don't really know any facts," says Juror #59. "I didn’t pay a tremendous amount of attention." Juror retained.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 20s
Juror tells the attorneys he'd happily serve. "For myself I’d just as soon be here as do the job that’s waiting for me." Juror retained

FYI-potential jurors that indicated they have a hardship or had heard pre trial publicity are being asked about their hardships and feelings about JS based on the publicity. Once past this phase jurors will be questioned further before being seated.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 18m
"It is tough for me to take, tough for me to think about, tough for me to understand," says a father of two. Juror is excused.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 2m
"I do have a pretty well-formulated opinion that she did in fact kill her children," says a juror. Juror is excused.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 51s
The latest juror excuse: “I currently have a mild to moderate anxiety disorder...could become worse if confined. Juror is taking medication for condition, juror is dismissed.

Tampa Bay Times Live‏@TBTimesLive 2m Quick break. Where jury selection stands: Nearly 50 jurors interviewed, more than half have been sent home

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 1m
Painful watching attorneys extract honest responses from this juror. It's as tho she thinks her bosses are listening. Juror is retained.

Anna Phillips ‏@annamphillips 34s
"She seemed frankly deranged to me, she seemed out of her mind," says Juror #73, the rare daily newspaper reader.

Anna Phillips ‏@annamphillips 3m
What! Another one? Juror #74: "I read multiple newspapers and watch the news. I did not read Sunday's." Juror is retained.https://twitter.com/search?q=#scheneckertrial&src=hash

Jacct:

Thank you for the excellent twitter reporting. I am following closly.

Anna Phillips ‏@annamphillips 1m
Potential juror says his mother-in-law was murdered in 2011. "If I go through this, it’s going to bring up emotions." Juror excused

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 33s
Woman says "the media" made Schenecker look guilty. "They did it to my sister, I totally understand. Juror excused.

Lunch break until 1:15pm ET. Judge requests another 100 jurors be ready after lunch, he expects it will take another 2 days to get the 16 jurors they need.

Jacct:

Thank you for the excellent twitter reporting. I am following closly.

You're welcome. I am so appreciative of the tweets being posted during the Devault trial so I thought it might help someone on this trial.

Court is in session. Woman says she's stopped watching local news. "As a matter of principle?" prosecutor asks. "Correct." Juror retained.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 28s
"I feel very uncomfortable with judging anybody…finding anybody innocent or guilty.” He's sent home

This juror kept saying "she killed her kids". When asked if he could presume JS innocent he said "No, she killed her kids".

They are on a roll, the last two jurors were retained.

Another juror who worked at MacDill, or knew someone who did, in 2011. This was big news on the base. Juror retained.

Thanks, Cherry :seeya:
She's a sicky, IMO.
She fell asleep before she could kill herself???
She needs to be in a psych ward for the rest of her life. Will that help her? :dunno: She still might try to kill herself. They say that if suicidal people really mean what they say, they will find a way to die- nothing will stop them.
I feel really bad for her family. At least it seems, from what I have read of her husbands emails, that her husband did try to help her through the years.
What a sin.

Court is in session. Woman says she's stopped watching local news. "As a matter of principle?" prosecutor asks. "Correct." Juror retained.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 28s
"I feel very uncomfortable with judging anybody…finding anybody innocent or guilty.” He's sent home

This juror kept saying "she killed her kids". When asked if he could presume JS innocent he said "No, she killed her kids".

She's not innocent, IMO- she's just really disturbed and she knew what she was doing (with the premed).

Another juror retained and a single father was excused.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 47s
Man says he can't serve bc he has to give a presentation on malpractice. Prosecutor: "Forget my name!" Juror excused

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 4m
"My first reaction was of course, mom guilty. She did it," woman says. But her opinion changed over time. After viewing video of Julie, woman thought: "There’s something not right". Juror excused

Anna Phillips ‏@annamphillips 3m
"I don’t know what we’re here for. I didn’t think there was a question in regards to guilty of the act," woman says

"I live in New Tampa. I live blocks away. It was very close to home," man says, admitting he can't be fair. Juror excused.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 4m
Juror says she can't afford 3 weeks w/o pay. There are car costs...and hair costs. Prosecutor (who is balding): "I can't sympathize with your hair costs, I'm sorry." Juror works for Verizon, sent out to call HR and find out if she will be paid while on jury duty. https://twitter.com/search?q=#scheneckertrial&src=hash

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 3m
Juror says her husband, a colonel, works with Parker Schenecker. " wish you well" she whispers to Parker as she leaves. Juror excused

Another person excused for hardship.

Lady that works at Verizon comes back, she will only be paid for 5 days. Said she could be impartial but wouldn't be happy. Sound cut out, I didn't hear if she was excused.

Court Chatter TV ‏@CourtChatterTV 28s
Court is in Recess for 20 minutes

JMO, I think she is mentally ill but still responsible. She is no Andrea Yates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez