MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to copy from Mossad's report he linked, but I cannot.

So far, pages 25-26 are interesting. It talks about the molester who insinuates himself into missing child cases by volunteering, etc.

It also talks about abductors taking children who can easily be linked to him because of a need to have a child away from judgmental eyes.

P 82 of Mossad's link says that same sex molesters seem to be better educated, younger. and are single

The following paraphrasing was created by me, based on a July 1, 2010 article in the St. Cloud Times:

The turn of the investigation to local suspects reached a stunning climax on June 30, 2010. Investigators stormed the farm property owned by Robert and Rita Rassier. The driveway that connected the farm's buildings and home to 91st Avenue, happened to be the very same driveway that Jacob's abductor has stepped out from more than 20 years before.

For two days, Sheriff Sanner evaded media questions about the reasons for investigator's presence on the farm. "I do understand that the public is interested in what's going on," he said. I don't want to do anything at this point to compromise any potential prosecution." Sanner cited a court order barring him revealing the reasons why investigators were searching the Rassier farm. The FBI, the BCA, and the Stearns County Sheriff's Department were involved in the search.

Asked to comment on the search, Stearns County Attorney Janelle Kendall also deferred to a court order that prevented her from discussing the search.

While authorities stood mum on their presence, Patty Wetterling was less reserved in suggesting why the search was taking place. "Jacob's last footsteps are shown on that driveway," she said. She expressed her approval that investigators had gone back to the beginning of the case for answers. Although she had no advance notice of the search, she said she was "pleased for a lot of reasons" by the activity at her neighbor's property. She said that both families had "been traveling on parallel tracks". Both families wanted answers to what happened at the end of that driveway more than 20 years ago. She believed both families could be on the verge of finding closure from the search of the Rassier property.

Boh@ty is noise. Sweeps did little more for this case than joyfully stroke a few egos in the ratings game. Investigative journalism does not exist in Minnesota, and never has.

The path of the storm was shown to pass directly through Eden Valley last year.

Will someone turn state’s evidence, confess, or find physical evidence in time for the next survey period?

Don’t hold your breath.

Prov. 11:14

Boh@ty is noise. Sweeps did little more for this case than joyfully stroke a few egos in the ratings game. Investigative journalism does not exist in Minnesota, and never has.

The path of the storm was shown to pass directly through Eden Valley last year.

Will someone turn state’s evidence, confess, or find physical evidence in time for the next survey period?

Don’t hold your breath.

Prov. 11:14

Are you referring to Topix? I cannot find anything in Eden Valley last year.

There are comments from 2010 that are very negative about DR.

For sweeps, are you referring to the program about Jacob?

Seriously i dont really believe in comparing people to people or going by statistics, to me they are just interesting information. Alot of cases that we find out about everyday are mostly unique, different, and a learning experience for everyone involved. More so the high profile serious crimes like this one. The study of human beings and there likenesses is an ever evolving process.

Seriously i dont really believe in comparing people to people or going by statistics, to me they are just interesting information. Alot of cases that we find out about everyday are mostly unique, different, and a learning experience for everyone involved. More so the high profile serious crimes like this one. The study of human beings and there likenesses is an ever evolving process.

I agree. There seems to be a new twist almost everyday.

Look at the two 12 year old girls who stabbed the friend. Ugh

Watching Jacob's story right now on ID. Can't believe that nobody went right to the scene and knocked on doors right away and secured the scene. Unbelievable.

Watching Jacob's story right now on ID. Can't believe that nobody went right to the scene and knocked on doors right away and secured the scene. Unbelievable.

I watched it too. If you recorded it and plan to watch later, have some kleenex handy. Seeing Trevor, 10 years later at 21, unable to speak yet in his grief tore me up.

I think they didn't do anything at the scene right away because they thought he had been taken far away already. Looking back now, it's easier to see where mistakes were made.

In the article posted by ELOC soul, DR made the followng comment, "I saw Headlights kind of close together, like a small car".

I would like to see proof that LE took casts of tracks up near the Rassier farm. If they didn't, it was probably be the biggest omission in the history of this case. Of course naysayers will state that DR created that story in order to lump this kidnapping in with the other assaults in CS and Paynesville. However, failure by LE to follow up on every bit of information, regardless of the source had/has been disastrous and damaging to this case.

I have to admit that DR as POI is troubling because he does not have any history that we know of with bothering children. I use that term because it can be as subtle as touches. It does not have to go further than that.

How long was DR a teacher before 1989?

What did he teach? By that I mean, the elementary music teachers in our schools do not give individual lessons. They used to go from classroom to classroom teaching music. One teacher used to push a piano to different rooms until she got a classroom o f her own.

Before Jacob, not many people even considered touching children as something to talk a out or be concerned about. After Jacob, there was a lot of education that was started.

I think before that, we all thought of a molester as a dirty old man that would entice you with candy, I know I never knew it could be a coach, a teacher, or someone's father.

No one knew anything about DR until 2004 and then the revelation in 2010.

If he indeed had ever done anything, the person or people could live in another state and have no idea about this whatsoever.

I think after 1989, molesters probably became more careful, although we still continue to hear about teachers, coaches, and Scout Leaders, for instance.

DR had private lessons at the farm. I wonder if he has a soundproof room?

I watched it too. If you recorded it and plan to watch later, have some kleenex handy. Seeing Trevor, 10 years later at 21, unable to speak yet in his grief tore me up.

I think they didn't do anything at the scene right away because they thought he had been taken far away already. Looking back now, it's easier to see where mistakes were made.

Heartbreaking.

In the article posted by ELOC soul, DR made the followng comment, "I saw Headlights kind of close together, like a small car".

I would like to see proof that LE took casts of tracks up near the Rassier farm. If they didn't, it was probably be the biggest omission in the history of this case. Of course naysayers will state that DR created that story in order to lump this kidnapping in with the other assaults in CS and Paynesville. However, failure by LE to follow up on every bit of information, regardless of the source had/has been disastrous and damaging to this case.

Perhaps you could call LE and ask them .

Maybe ELOC who has done so much research knows?

I am not sure what tire tracks by the house would show, except perhaps that DR's car is the one that stopped and went no further?

I have to admit that DR as POI is troubling because he does not have any history that we know of with bothering children. I use that term because it can be as subtle as touches. It does not have to go further than that.

How long was DR a teacher before 1989?

What did he teach? By that I mean, the elementary music teachers in our schools do not give individual lessons. They used to go from classroom to classroom teaching music. One teacher used to push a piano to different rooms until she got a classroom o f her own.

Before Jacob, not many people even considered touching children as something to talk a out or be concerned about. After Jacob, there was a lot of education that was started.

I think before that, we all thought of a molester as a dirty old man that would entice you with candy, I know I never knew it could be a coach, a teacher, or someone's father.

No one knew anything about DR until 2004 and then the revelation in 2010.

If he indeed had ever done anything, the person or people could live in another state and have no idea about this whatsoever.

I think after 1989, molesters probably became more careful, although we still continue to hear about teachers, coaches, and Scout Leaders, for instance.

DR had private lessons at the farm. I wonder if he has a soundproof room?

Having no prior history doesn't mean much today, they are actually more dangerous than someone with a record. We're going on 25 years unsolved, it might be making some sense now to that regard.

I was unable to catch the airing on ID this morning, if anyone can find it online please let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810