NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 9 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHA!! "It can't DO that. It doesn't MAKE SENSE...I guess we're gonna talk about the heart."

I used to get charlie horses in my calves until the pharmacist told me to try bananas (potassium).

Mr Barth can you discuss that with this expert?

that was painful---had to go get more caffeine

need to express an opinion here. Earlier in the trial I admired Barth for a few days for his pertinacity and cross-examination skills. However, I've recently seen/heard him rely way too much on half-truths, lies and misinformation while questioning witnesses. I've pretty much lost respect for him...My opinion only.

Oh, he is a master at presenting witnesses with half truths and mischaracterizations of testimony and evidence. It can be effective in confusing the witnesses and muddying the issues for witnesses who are not paying close attention

IMO it is becoming clear that Barth has no case. His theory is just not possible. He would have been better off if he hadnt presented such a specific theory and arguing Seth didnt do it, or it didnt happen like Kat said it did. By trying to pin it all on Kat - arguing that she smothered Lizzi in a specific way and arguing that it was Kat who was dominant in the relationship, he has now locked Seth into a theory that is completely refuted by the evidence.

IMO

Is the feed still paused?

Oh, he is a master at presenting witnesses with half truths and mischaracterizations of testimony and evidence. It can be effective in confusing the witnesses and muddying the issues for witnesses who are not paying close attention

IMO it is becoming clear that Barth has no case. His theory is just not possible. He would haevvve been better off if he hadnt presented such a specific theory and arguing Seth didnt do it, or it didnt happen like Kat said it did. By trying to pin it all on Kat - arguing that she smothered Lizzi in a specific way and arguing that it was Kat who was dominant in the relationship, he has now locked Seth into a theory that is completely refuted by the evidence.

IMO

I believe you exactly right minor! Kat, Roberta and Paul have all given the same description of what Lizzie's head looked like, and this M.E. just confirmed it. IMO

IMO it is becoming clear that Barth has no case. His theory is just not possible. He would have been better off if he hadnt presented such a specific theory and arguing Seth didnt do it, or it didnt happen like Kat said it did. By trying to pin it all on Kat - arguing that she smothered Lizzi in a specific way and arguing that it was Kat who was dominant in the relationship, he has now locked Seth into a theory that is completely refuted by the evidence.

IMO

Again, seems to me that plan C is to blame the other person. I think these two are still in love, not exes, they decided to blame the other one, pretend to be turning on each other, laughing inside all the while. If no one's story matches, and so far, no one's does...they expect to be set free. I hope this jury can take what little they have and find guilt here.

What an jerk. Instead of just backing off when she answers truthfully and it's not what he wants to hear, he has to get in a little jab about how if he is confusing her and how he'll just have to take it up with the jury. She was not confused. She did not follow his logic because there was no logic. I hope, hope, hope, hope there are at least a few people like me on the jury that that sort of behavior rubs the wrong way.

Barth gets very condescending. It works for him with lay witnesses "sometimes" but he makes himself look very bad when he does it with an expert.

I couldn't figure out where he was going with the heart thing--but then my mind started wandering.....

O/T-
Geev, England v Uruguay about to start.
Should be a good one :woot:

Prosecution should just let well enough alone. Barth did his own case in with this witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70