WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone called in a tip about Zelich's possible involvement in Racine Doe's case? Just making sure.

If not, I'll call tomorrow morning.

I've been following the thread pretty closely and I didn't see anybody say that they were calling it in. Definitely go ahead and call it in. It won't hurt to have more than one call on it.

So they're saying that he kept the bodies frozen in his West Allis apartment but that they weren't dismembered........forgive me if this is outrageously obvious but I'm trying to understand how you keep the intact corpses of two adult women in your apartment? Deep freezers? I only saw LE removing a regular refrigerator.....(but maybe there were indeed other freezers in there that haven't been reported on??)

(thanks FBEye for the article link: http://www.wisn.com/news/man-accuse...ear-in-court/26695682?tru=43p58#ixzz35tDMWTij)

I had the same reaction to reading that. I also saw LE removing a regular refrigerator. Also it was mentioned early on that the apartments are small and one bedroom. Where would he fit a deep freezer?

Notice in the article linked above, it says that search warrants were served on his residence, vehicle and other locations. So maybe the bodies were not kept in his house.

Suitcase Satan is a fitting moniker. What a demonic man.

I was thinking of different types of professionals & if they would lose their jobs should a terrified, naked, bound woman come running out of their apartment...

Doctor? Yes.
Lawyer? Yes.
Psychologist? Yes.
Veterinarian? Yes.
Professor? Yes.
Teacher? Yes.

I cannot believe he got away with it simply because he was a police officer. He very well could have been planning to kill the woman who escaped & keep her corpse frozen at his apartment, like the victims on this thread.

There really should be an investigation from higher ups as to what went on in that PD in relation to this "incident."

Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they're saying that he kept the bodies frozen in his West Allis apartment but that they weren't dismembered........forgive me if this is outrageously obvious but I'm trying to understand how you keep the intact corpses of two adult women in your apartment? Deep freezers? I only saw LE removing a regular refrigerator.....(but maybe there were indeed other freezers in there that haven't been reported on??)

(thanks FBEye for the article link: http://www.wisn.com/news/man-accuse...ear-in-court/26695682?tru=43p58#ixzz35tDMWTij)

Some fridges can have the temperature tweaked so that they're cold enough to be freezers. Google "milk frozen fridge" and you'll see countless people trying to figure out why their milk is frozen. :)

On the news video at the end, it's reported that Kenosha Prosecutor's told 12News, they aren't in any position yet to file homicide charges. Why aren't they?? That does not sound right to me!

http://www.wisn.com/news/man-accuse...ear-in-court/26695682?tru=43F7H#ixzz35tDMWTij

Maybe because they don't have any evidence that a murder took place there. It was Zelich who told LE that he killed the girl in Kenosha, it is up to LE to prove the crime took place there. In Laura's case they had the name of the hotel where the murder took place.

On the news video at the end, it's reported that Kenosha Prosecutor's told 12News, they aren't in any position yet to file homicide charges. Why aren't they?? That does not sound right to me!

http://www.wisn.com/news/man-accuse...ear-in-court/26695682?tru=43F7H#ixzz35tDMWTij
I think it has to do with jurisdiction as the bodies were recovered in Walworth county. Amber Creek was from Palatine Ill. Her body was found in Racine County. Racine County filed the charges when her killer was found.Just an example.

It might just mean that they don't want to file before they locate the other victim's family.

Has anyone called in a tip about Zelich's possible involvement in Racine Doe's case? Just making sure.

If not, I'll call tomorrow morning.

I am pretty certain they are aware of it. I don't think that case has never gone cold for them. JD was disinterred last fall when new DNA tests became available, so they are still looking. She also got a new picture done. God bless them for that.

The refrigerator taken from the apartment doesn't look very large.

suitcase27n-2-web.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ect-murders-women-suitcases-article-1.1845515

Maybe she was deceased longer, considering police were hauling a refrigerator out of the suspect's apartment in one of the news clips.

My sleuthing took me here...

A 5/5/2010 ad on page 12B of the Milwaukee Daily Reporter reads that PS Orangeco, Inc. will sell at public auction Boxes/Bags/Totes stored at Public Storage, 4750 South 108th St., Greenfield, WI owned by Steven Zelich. Lot #CO52.

This should be a good lead showing that Zelich has used storage facilities in the past and maybe he has more "storage" out there. For some reason he abandoned those items back in May of 2010.

Online people searches show him as having lived at 6 addresses in Milwaukee, 1 in Brookfield, 1 in Franklin (all in WI) and 1 address in Boca Raton, FL. One search showed him previously employed at US Home Lending with an address in Davie, FL., 29 miles from Boca Raton.

He could have had these women in storage a storage facility during the winter months.

Sorry for the posts above - I'm new to this site and tried to quote slutherforlife.(re: storage facilities owned by SZ)

If they fit in suitcases, I don't see it being that hard to fit them into the freezer in the picture, sadly. I wonder if he has told police where in Kenosha the 1st murder took place, they said he was being cooperative, so I'd imagine....I guess Kenosha will have to find evidence to support his claim.

I think it has to do with jurisdiction as the bodies were recovered in Walworth county. Amber Creek was from Palatine Ill. Her body was found in Racine County. Racine County filed the charges when her killer was found.Just an example.

That's exactly the answer - only the state where the murders took place can file charges.

A person will fold into an amazingly small amount of space. That's how they get ten clowns in a VW bug for a circus act.

If that's an upright freezer, he could probably get two people in each side, standing up, without any need for folding. Now excuse me while I go barf...

A person will fold into an amazingly small amount of space. That's how they get ten clowns in a VW bug for a circus act.

If that's an upright freezer, he could probably get two people in each side, standing up, without any need for folding. Now excuse me while I go barf...

Ughhhh :facepalm:

Awful thought...but thank you all for explaining and clarifying the whole freezer scenario.

What a guy :scared:

Seems like if they fit in a suitcase they gotta fit in a ref or freezer.

I'm not very good at tracking living people -- does somebody know the dates when SZ lived in Boca Raton?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/199ufwi.html

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65381"]WI WI - Raymond (Racine County) - WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, July'99 *Graphic* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I would not be surprised if this Jane Doe was a victim of SZ. She died from multiple injuries and was possibly cognitively disabled alike to Laura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties