GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that didn't last long, it maxed out at 120 degrees plus.

It is weird to me that this is something they worried about. I think that for most parents, they don't think their child is going to die in a hot car. It has even been said that it is hard to sell any sort of monitor to stop it from happening b/c people don't think it will happen to them. How many parents honestly worry about accidentally killing their own toddler?

I think a bigger problem with a "monitor" is the horrendously expensive lawsuits that would ensue if the monitor "failed".

Even the expensive systems for police k9's do NOT have a monitor to alert if a dog was left in the car because they are NOT accurate under long term testing (the website even explains that is why they don't offer it), and those systems go for 2-3 grand so it isn't about cost but it is about dependability and risk.

If the manufacturer knows there is a fairly significant risk of failure they wouldn't dare market them (and that is for police K9's, the costs involved if a human baby suffered brain damage or died could run into the millions)

I'm going to go enjoy some the rest of the day... If anything Earth Shattering is released or happens... Please someone let me know:)

Or just stop discussing until I get back! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drinking the same Kool-Aid for sure or vaping something

Seriously, the mother's comments and behaviors are becoming more and more bizarre. Maybe it's just grief, but it's starting to really bother me! Her making her little son's obituary all about her husband, making little guy's funeral all about her husband, saying she wouldn't bring Cooper back if she could and now claiming she also searched online for how long it takes a child to die in a hot car. I don't know, man, she's creeping me out! I have a baby Copper's age and many toddler age nieces, nephews, second cousins and friends. I have been asking EVERYONE if they have ever searched for this information online and not one single person has. Several of us have searched stories of actually hot car deaths that were in the news, but never how long or at what temperature a child or animal would die in a car. None of us felt the need to because common sense tells you not very freaking long! Also, all the stories have warnings to other parents with plenty of information. Everything in my gut tells me there is something really off about this couple. Even if mom is just lying to cover for her husband by saying some of the searches were her's, that's creepy as all get out!

I haven't read the entire thread, but have followed the news. The father appears to have planned to murder his son and attempt to make it appear as an accident. Is there any information that the mother knew about this or was involved?

news broke today that mom claims to have feared something like this could happen and also researched child deaths in hot cars. Much like the father apparently did on his work computers.

For such fearful people they sure did lots of research but took no preventative measures

"The Home Depot partnered with Bright Horizons to not only design the on-site center, but also to create Back-Up Dependent Care Program for all associates in the field.* This Back-Up Care provides time to dedicate to self or dependents to gain the care needed within the associate’s local area"

http://societyofwomenengineers.swe....6-work-a-life-integration-dependent-care-case

LITTLE APRON ACADEMY
http://child-care-preschool.brighthorizons.com/GA/Atlanta/thd/

My mom works for a company that also uses Bright Horizons daycare. I actually went there during school break for years, and would help out in the classrooms for the preschoolers. :/ At her work, the whole campus is gated, and there is a guard, you have to show your pass to. There are multiple entrances too, depending on what building you need to go to. Was it like that for Home Depot w/ the guards? If so, then it would not be possible for the mother to drop the son off or pick him up, unless they were able to make an exception for that. I need to find a map of how exactly Home Depot HQ are set up...

This new info about mom's searches on hot car baby related death has me so tangled up I have to keep reminding myself that she is not a named POI or suspect at this time.

I am having to really re-read my posts before hitting send to walk that line where she is a victim but under scrutiny apparently.

That day care center ONLY serves Home Depot employees, I seriously doubt if they would give out any information considering the media drama etc...

I did try to find info regarding the policy on "no shows", for after school care the policies are pretty strict and they put out calls immediately for a no show. I am guessing they would also notify the parents of toddlers too, but couldn't find anything that specifically said that.

Since that particular center ONLY catered to home depot staff I would be stunned if they didn't have some sort of "automated" notification if a child was not dropped off as scheduled.

Wow -- wait a minute!! I think you have hit on something...not only would they have the direct dial numbers of all the people there -- they would have access to corporate hierarchy charts and may even call coworkers and/or supervisor --- is that likely?? <--------as an emergency/secondary number

Does his church/religion allow drinking? My grandma was a member of Church of Christ and that was frowned on.

I dont know the official rule, but I know several younger (30-ish) CoC members who are fine with have one or two drinks. Their elders generally aren't on board though.

Holy hell. I just read a comment in the yahoo section. The commenter states he remembers Ross Harris drinking himself "into a state of beyond drunk" when he found out his wife was pregnant, complaining on and on about how his life was over and the cost the kid would be and how he would now forever be attached to his wife. He said Ross mentioned suicide and leaving the country and that it went on for several hours. He states that he told his wife afterward, "this guy is a complete nut job...I feel bad for his kid and wife". http://news.yahoo.com/warrant-man-d...87019185-720a1558-caed-4b45-b531-350d959611f6

ETA: FORGET IT. TOTAL TROLL.

I dont know the official rule, but I know several younger (30-ish) CoC members who are fine with have one or two drinks. Their elders generally aren't on board though.

Thank you. My granny didn't like card playing or dancing. She thought the Baptists had loose morals. Maybe it was my granny's rules and not really part of the church's teachings. :blushing:

news broke today that mom claims to have feared something like this could happen and also researched child deaths in hot cars. Much like the father apparently did on his work computers.

For such fearful people they sure did lots of research but took no preventative measures

this is beyond me! if you are that fearful that you are doing google searches then for pete's sakes! get a thick sharpie and a highlighter and tape a piece of paper to your dash that says CHECK THE BABY"S CARSEAT! smh!!

The warrants were for a Dell Dimension 9200 Computer Tower from the Harris' home, Google Chrome cast, a McBook Pro Laptop, a Lenovo T530 Think Pad taken from Justin Harris' car, an Apple MacBook Pro, and iPhone and an iPad from the car.

This listing is not 100% clear, but the Think Pad and an iPad were definitely in the car, perhaps the MacBook and the iPhone also.

I'm assuming that he may have brought those with him in the morning. If so, he must have had to at least glance over at them on the passenger seat as he picked them up to go inside. And when he returned at 4PM, he would have put them down. If so, wouldn't you think he might have caught a glimpse of the car seat as well, on both occasions?

If they both searched how long a child should remain in a hot car before the child dies, then I think they should both be charged with first degree murder. It sounds like something they discussed together while the child was alive and before the child was abandoned in a hot car. It seems obvious that neither parent went nuts upon hearing that the other thought it was okay to leave a child alone in a hot car for even five minutes ... and that doesn't sound right.

Children are not supposed to be left unattended in a car for any length of time for any reason. Clearly this couple intended to leave the child alone in a hot car. That is a problem. Second, they wanted to know how long they had to leave the child in the hot car before the child died. What was the plan, to leave the child in the hot car for five minutes less than the time it takes for the child to die?

Cooper looks exactly like his father! Spitting image in some photos!

That's odd I don't see much of a resemble at all. My first guess is that he is NOT the actual BIO father of the child.

Holy hell. I just read a comment in the yahoo section. The commenter states he remembers Ross Harris drinking himself "into a state of beyond drunk" when he found out his wife was pregnant, complaining on and on about how his life was over and the cost the kid would be and how he would now forever be attached to his wife. He said Ross mentioned suicide and leaving the country and that it went on for several hours. He states that he told his wife afterward, "this guy is a complete nut job...I feel bad for his kid and wife". http://news.yahoo.com/warrant-man-d...87019185-720a1558-caed-4b45-b531-350d959611f6

ETA: FORGET IT. TOTAL TROLL.

Here, comes the truth and motive...he put on a good show for his family, friends, wife. Soicopaths fool almost everyone including LE at times. But, he didn't seem to fool the witnesses at the stripmall did he?

Something just occurred to me; *if* toxicology does come back with some kind of OTC cold med (used to knock Cooper out prior to leaving him in the car) could the story about him being sick and sleeping with them be intended to explain why the medicine was in his system in the first place? Basically CYA.

I can't help but think that it was the plan to not take him to day care. Maybe that's why mom is so calm. They may have done the computer searches to make sure it wasn't going to be hot enough for that to happen. Maybe he went to the car at lunch to make sure he was ok. Maybe he wasnt dead at that time. He got to work late and left a bit early to 'Minimize' the time being left alone. Maybe they did this regularly for some reason. I feel if this was a one time incident, that one of them would have stayed home or taken the baby to work. Maybe they owed the daycare money or something. Wonder why we haven't heard from the daycare. A lot of speculation on my part lol. If cooper was gone when he went to check. The father must have been in some state for the rest of the afternoon! Maybe he called his wife. He may have agreed to go out for drinks knowing that he wasn't going to go. Idk sorry for the rambling. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98