Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With six children in the family, two from the grandmother and four from the grandfather, I would be looking at the children. Was there some problem with one of the children having stored things at the house and they were sold?

Were the grandparents cars still at the house?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Global News Calgary at Noon
Neighbour saying they had a house in the USA as well as one in Edmonton that they could move to not sure where they were planning on going
Neighbours heard Grandpa playing with Nathan in the backyard on Sunday afternoon

“I chatted with the owners....the wife was really chatty and friendly and she said she was selling everything and they were moving to Mexico.”

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Relative+even+fathom+disappearance+Calgary+couple+their/9989542/story.html

Neighbour says missing grandmother, Kathryn Liknes mentioned going to US, maybe Mexico with husband. #yyc

USA, Edmonton, Mexico, hopefully the daughter knew their plans?

Not to mention that, in addition to being a realtor, her other business was website design and marketing .. that certainly doesn't limit itself to any specific type of business.

It certainly has that feel too it ... with all the different business ventures. I wonder if someone was unhappy with one of those business deals. That is, was money ever collected and services not delivered?

Re the different business ventures - maybe she hired someone to help her design a website and internet presence, and that person took off using her info with various schemes that she knew nothing about?

I have been following the missing family in Alaska, and now this. And now those marks that appear to be "drag marks" :(

So discouraging that people (with poor kids along) can just *poof*. Heartbreaking, and I so hope both families are found to be OK.

I would like to know how long the grandfather and grandmother have been married. (Since the children are steps, etc). Has anyone found a record of the marriage?

KL was in pyjamas and AL was in black shorts (presumably from Nathan's mom's description when she dropped Nathan off?). Seems KL was ready for bed, but I wonder if AL's shorts were what he wore earlier that day and at the park, or were they maybe boxers, getting ready for bed.

News Talk 770 ‏@NewsTalk770 27m

"Every lead we get we will follow up" Cain tells reporters. He says they don't have any ransom requests or anything like that. #AmberAlert

https://twitter.com/NewsTalk770

I would like to know how long the grandfather and grandmother have been married. (Since the children are steps, etc). Has anyone found a record of the marriage?

If they lived at the house for 17 years, I think that means they've been together at least that long.

KL was in pyjamas and AL was in black shorts (presumably from Nathan's mom's description when she dropped Nathan off?). Seems KL was ready for bed, but I wonder if AL's shorts were what he wore earlier that day and at the park, or were they maybe boxers, getting ready for bed.

They were sport shorts, as per video today, but, I can't link you, I've watched too many. :blushing:

IIRC, the grandparents had lived there for 17 years, so presumably(?) together. But I did question earlier why AL's FB said from Calgary now living in Edmonton, while KL's said from Calgary and living in Calgary.

That is what I have been dreading. Ever since we noticed the strange wording stating Nathan may be with the grandfather (and no mention of the grandmother).

But that begs the question .. how could AL accomplish leaving, given all cars accounted for?

Evidence -

Evidence markers on the driveway of the Parkhill area house where the missing persons were last seen and where a police investigation continues in Calgary, on July 1, 2014.

Photograph by: Crystal Schick

9990712.jpg

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...rance+Calgary+couple+their/9989542/story.html

My stomach dropped when I saw the "drag mark" photo. First I thought it looked like a cleaned - up paint spill (our neighbour just spilled paint and the pattern looks similar). But it does appear that the grade coming out of the garage there slopes upwards, impossible for a liquid to run out of there on its own. This appears to be coming out of the front garage (left side of house looking from street) and going around the corner of the house towards the side back (the most heavily treed side).

I can't imagine one perp dragging a 200lb man. And if there were 2 perps, why not carry and reduce the evidence?

This is not good. My only hope is that someone acted very impulsively, has had time to calm down and has stashed Nathan somewhere safe. But where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr