Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My My My Oscar you look very unemotional acting out the night you killed the love of your life don't you?.

I think they're only going to edit out the points of contention, I.e. The stuff about his family.

Well so far, the only stuff censored are the 16 witness' names that were "close" to OP. Re his mother, this is now the third explanation I've read as to her cause of death... now it's brain hemorrhage, previously I've read complications from a hysterectomy and an allergic reaction to antibiotics.

From the video preview alone: he's very mobile on stumps, he has his arm outstretched in the passage and is on stumps in toilet with Reeva. That's three major contradictions already.

I like to believe that this is a very well timed leak from a secret filming that will sink OP in flames on Monday.

And I have no doubt GN will become aware of this .

If the case is reopened and OP did come back to the stand, one question I'd like answered is the 'breathing' contradiction.

If you guys had one more question or statement to put to OP that Nel didn't, what would it be?

Nel: Since we know it was Reeva in the toilet room, Mr. Pistorius - why is it that you woke up because it was very warm and humid yet you say Reeva was under the duvet - wouldn't she have been just as overly warm? Along that line, why did you close the source of cooler air coming into your room if it was so warm that you couldn't sleep? And since you were closing the balcony sliding doors, why did Reeva get out of bed and open the bathroom window while you were closing the balcony doors? And then lock herself in the toilet room with her cell phone? How do you explain these things, if we're to believe your version, Mr. Pistorius?

That's what I'd like him to ask. Also I'd like to go back to the photo where it appears the small fan cord is underneath the corner of the speaker.

Debora Patta ‏@Debora_Patta 2m
#OscarTrial Footage of OP re-enacting the shooting created by a US company for the Defence but never shown in court to be shown in Australia

The article at the top of the video states "... that convinced a top forensic expert that he is innocent". If Professor Derman is the one in the video and he's the forensic expert the article refers to then that surely stands as evidence of bias as an expert is not supposed to establish guilt or innocence and is there to present findings to assist the court. Proclaiming innocence of the accused isn't objective. If it is him then perhaps he's thought he was getting one over on Nel by releasing it as Professor Derman would probably have finished his testimony if it wasn't for Nel wanting to speak to the psychiatrist over the weekend but that would be absolutely stupid of the man do to that!

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Uncle Arnold as his family would have believed OP's stories about how the world was against him and they probably thought they'd be helping him if they could prove it must have happened the way OP described it - only to realise something just wasn't quite right so they knew they couldn't put the video out there.

Debora Patta ‏@Debora_Patta 2m
#OscarTrial Footage of OP re-enacting the shooting created by a US company for the Defence but never shown in court to be shown in Australia

I wonder if this was the company that was going to make an animation?, animation was probably never shown because of his contradictions on the stand.

I wonder if this was the company that was going to make an animation?, animation was probably never shown because of his contradictions on the stand.

Debora Patta ‏@Debora_Patta 9m

john barry ‏@johnbarry04 6m
@Debora_Patta The company that was going to make an animation Deborah?.

Debora Patta ‏@Debora_Patta 52s
@johnbarry04 Yes

OP is toast, proof they have tailored the evidence.

The article at the top of the video states "... that convinced a top forensic expert that he is innocent". If Professor Derman is the one in the video and he's the forensic expert the article refers to then that surely stands as evidence of bias as an expert is not supposed to establish guilt or innocence and is there to present findings to assist the court. Proclaiming innocence of the accused isn't objective. If it is him then perhaps he's thought he was getting one over on Nel by releasing it as Professor Derman would probably have finished his testimony if it wasn't for Nel wanting to speak to the psychiatrist over the weekend but that would be absolutely stupid of the man do to that!

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Uncle Arnold as his family would have believed OP's stories about how the world was against him and they probably thought they'd be helping him if they could prove it must have happened the way OP described it - only to realise something just wasn't quite right so they knew they couldn't put the video out there.

Derman isn't even a forensic expert, let alone a 'top' one. He's not claimed to be one either.
Hard to see how this video would persuade anyone that OP is innocent, but I guess we've only seen a clip of it so far. And assuming it's not some big hoax.

Nel had a hurdle with the zombie stopper video though. Roux objected to it because it wasn't included in the case file as evidence. The only way Nel was able to show it was because he got OP to say under oath that he didn't recall ever making that statement but if he were shown a video of it that would refresh his memory.

This video is unbelievable. Boy would I like to know when and why it was re-enacted. Looks to me like he was creating his defense and was originally going to claim he was on his stumps the whole time.

If OP had admitted having heard zombie stopper OR would not have requested to see the video, Nel could NOT have shown it to contradict OP's statement.

I believe (but not 100% sure) that the the latest video could be used in Wayne Derman's cross-examination to get his 'expert' opinion on it.

The State cannot lead character evidence UNLESS Defence opens the door first, which they obviously have… this is why some believe that Nel could reopen the case on that basis alone… I strongly believe Nel should… I even suspect that Nel was itching for it.

DT has petitioned Masipa that the psyche reports NOT be published… now Roux has released one of them on the internet.

To me at least, this suggests that because the DT is failing miserably in the Courtroom Trial, they are now attempting to gain some headway in a Trial of public opinion.

Pathetic.

Just to clear up, this footage was filmed by an american company who were going/did make an animation of the night of the incident.
The animation was never shown, many suspect the reason for this is Oscar's contradiction's/change of versions on the stand rendering the animation worthless.

This new video appearing is astonishing. I've watched it several times with an increasing sense of amazement. The nature of the video (with the obvious discrepancies) , the timing of the video (with the last witness on the stand) and what the possible repercussions might be.

This really is the trial which keeps on giving... [emoji4]

Retweeted by Mandy Wiener
Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan 7m
#OscarPistorius lawyers say they are investigating the alleged leaking of re-enactment footage, believed to have been sold for millions

Karyn Maughan @karynmaughan · 9m
#OscarPistorius lawyers: we had nothing to do with this footage being leaked. It was recorded as part of pre-trial preparation

Karyn Maughan @karynmaughan · 51s
#OscarPistorius re-enactment footage was filmed by American company The Evidence Room as part of pre-trial preparation @eNCAnews

Derman isn't even a forensic expert, let alone a 'top' one. He's not claimed to be one either.
Hard to see how this video would persuade anyone that OP is innocent, but I guess we've only seen a clip of it so far. And assuming it's not some big hoax.

No, can't be a hoax .. it's been confirmed that it was made by the company who were going to do the cgi animation .. they are a genuine company.

Found this, written just before the trial began.

"Pistorius has also hired The Evidence Room, an American forensic animation firm based in Cleveland, Ohio, to digitally recreate the crime scene using computer animation, a craft popularized in movies such as Toy Story and Shrek."

full article at:

http://www.newvision.co.ug/mobile/Detail.aspx?NewsID=653008&CatID=469

I especially love this small quote from the article,
said the video evidence is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics