Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
chopper7_1.jpg

http://globalnews.ca/news/1436203/missing-family-search-investigators-spend-third-day-searching-rural-land/

:wagon: Interesting Dangeross. Did you manage to get the license plate #? So do you believe the truck belonged to the POI but someone else was driving it? Did the driver look more like AL the missing grandfather? It's been noted that the POI is balding. I would imagine his age, he may also have grey hair now as apposed to black he had years ago. What do you mean when you say "it's completely out of the way", out of the way of what? TIA and MOO.
Swede, I posted a pic of what the POI looks like today earlier in this thread if you'd like to see what he looks like now.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/cms/binary/10006211.jpg?size=620x400s

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ga...lues+missing+persons+case/10007637/story.html top photo retrieved from this link.

In the first link there is a women and man directly behind the dog handler standing beside the vehicle. Could this be a family member who brought some articles of clothing for the dog to reference or could it be the property owners if this is not DG property they are searching presently? The two people do not appear to be LE as the lady is wearing what looks like a short sleeve black shirt and jeans and looks distressed.

Yes, here's the link: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ga...lues+missing+persons+case/10007637/story.html

Guys, we aren't going to speculate who was in the truck. We went down that rumor road already and we aren't going to do it again.

Thank you, and welcome all new members!

Cp

I've been following this tragic chain of events closely and have been waiting to get my account validated by the moderators.
IMO Investigators may just breaking for lunch but MAY be stalling to ensure that all materials are on hand to properly conduct the search and collect the findings. Also IF something of real interest has been found on this property before moving forward the crown would need to ensure that all legal documents are in place to conduct an extended search. Furthermore with the intense media coverage, the search may need to be stalled so family can be notified before it is widely reported on MSM.

I'm a newbie. I don't know if I am did this post right. All apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place or the wrong way.

You posted in the right place. No worries :welcome:

Renato Gandia ‏@Flipjourno 41s

Looks like K-9 is getting back into searching #yyc #amberalert pic.twitter.com/tGdYdbVQCu

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m

Police search teams beginning to return to area about 500m north of acreage. #yyc #AmberAlert

So, the lunch break was really just a lunch break. It's hard not to read too much into every little thing here - so nerve-wracking, and so heartbreaking. I just can't see how there's any possibility for a good outcome here. Bless all of those RCMP/CPS/etc. searchers out there working in the heat.

A friend of mine lives very very close to the acreage, he mentioned today (and to the police of course) on Tuesday night he woke in the middle of the night and noticed the lights on in the greenhouse at the acreage which struck him as odd, he said they always burn their garbage also and the following morning they were burning garbage the entire day. None of this would be completely out of the ordinary without knowing the circumstances we know now.

News Talk 770 ‏@NewsTalk770 56s

Canine team now searching through a field north east of the original site. Grid search on standby. #AmberAlert #yyc pic.twitter.com/LZua6rY5GZ

It does seem a little off-putting that they'd take a lunch break, but, IMO, they can only do careful, focused, meticulous work if they keep themselves fueled and hydrated. There is no room for error here.

Please take time to read prior posts.
One of the reporters stated they made the comment ' lunch'
as they came back out.

Nice! I saw that vehicle but it looked like just an RV with the tarp/canopy open. I could see figures going in and out of it from down the driveway. It's definitely a police vehicle then and not an RV.

It's a forensics unit.

as they came back out.

Linike - I think HulaMum was just responding to my speculation about whether searchers usually take a lunch if they've made a big discovery or whether they would just work through. I'm reading too much into everything right now because this case has me on pins and needles... This thread is moving really fast today with all of the new info and photos on Twitter.

as they came back out.

Um, HulaMum was referring to the fact they were taking lunch.

The longer this search goes on the heavier my heart becomes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member