LeAnna (Mom) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel Pugh, a Marietta attorney, said there are a number of reasons Leanna Harris would hire her own attorney at this point in the process.

“It could be as simple as her not wanting to talk to anybody and telling them to go through her attorney. It could be they have evidence that implicates her,” Pugh said. “It could be anywhere between those two extremes.”

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Source Leanna Harris hires a criminal defense lawyer

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_stor...inal-defense-lawyer?instance=home_top_bullets

I've been innocent and arrested and I don't trust them anymore.

I believe I could do everything to find my child and still have an attorney.
I don't trust them either. I have had my door knocked on and I didn't answer it. They left a card. I did not call them. It was concerning some kids in my neighborhood breaking into a home in another neighborhood. I knew my son was not involved because he was at his granddad's for the weekend. I also heard from one of the kids that was there, the person who broke in the home was the woman's own son. 15 years old and he got two friends to help him rob his mom's house. My son had never been to that house, I knew there was no prints of his there so I had nothing to add.
Two years later both of the boys involved in this break in ODd. One died. A year and a half later the case came to court. The boy still alive, showed up. The judge asked where the other defendant was. The one still alive said he's been dead over a year sir don't you read the papers? It was a case of 4 young men that all overdosed the same night. He died.
Case dismissed.
No one investigated anything. The woman did find out her son had robbed her somehow about 4 years later.
I never got a lawyer for my son. I might should have cause they were wanting to charge him too.
My son discovered birds of a feather!

These 2 boys also stole from Wal Mart with my son there. I had to go pick him up while they went to jail over 79 cent fishing lure!

Some people you just have to walk away from...
JRH I think is one of those people. Leanna was probably a decent person with a promising future before him. The girlfriends family saw it before 2006. This is not new with him. You don't understand bat [emoji90] psycho mind game crazy until you have seen it for yourself.. Then it glows and hums when you see it again.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

Thanks for the update. So she's now about 4 hours away from Harris? How is she going to visit hubby then? Or has their relationship taken a turn (merely speculating here).

MOO

Mel
It's a video conference. In think she can still do that from Alabama, so why stay here?
Or even come back until the trial.
Unless she were to become a resident at the female detention center!

If this were my life, one would be appointed ...I would have killed the SOB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly how I feel. I would shoot now and ask questions later. Whether he did it on purpose or not. Although I know he did it on purpose.

I definitely would. I have a lot of Faith in the justice system but not enough faith to not utilize my rights. If this scenario was my life- (and I was innocent) I definitely would hire a lawyer.

ETA: I would lawyer up but I would also cooperate with the investigation. I would want my child's killer to be prosecuted So I would do whatever I could to help with the investigation. I would just want to be protected as well because sometimes, LE does get it wrong.
Exactly. I am even more jaded and cynical due to what I have seen and been through....I know what they can do. Being questioned by cops is one of the most stressful and unnerving things to go through (yes from personal experience I know) and if a huge tragedy like this had happened there is a good chance I would lawyer up. BUT like GulfCoastKat said....cooperate fully, be transparent and open. To say that only the guilty need lawyers shows some haven't seen or been through the ugly things that can happen to people and police.

Exactly. I am even more jaded and cynical due to what I have seen and been through....I know what they can do. Being questioned by cops is one of the most stressful and unnerving things to go through (yes from personal experience I know) and if a huge tragedy like this had happened there is a good chance I would lawyer up. BUT like GulfCoastKat said....cooperate fully, be transparent and open. To say that only the guilty need lawyers shows some haven't seen or been through the ugly things that can happen to people and police.
They tell you up front anything
you say can and will be used against you.
In other words zip it?

You don't understand bat [emoji90] psycho mind game crazy until you have seen it for yourself.. Then it glows and hums when you see it again.

Ohhhhhhhhh yes it does!!!!!

They tell you up front anything
you say can and will be used against you.
In other words zip it?
Yep...and they do. Which is great if you are a criminal... That's what they are trained to do. But...if you aren't....ugh. I'm not saying this woman isn't guilty or is guilty...just that I can see why someone who is innocent may hire a lawyer in some cases. Not cooperating with police is more of a red flag than getting a lawyer.

Yep...and they do. Which is great if you are a criminal... That's what they are trained to do. But...if you aren't....ugh. I'm not saying this woman isn't guilty or is guilty...just that I can see why someone who is innocent may hire a lawyer in some cases. Not cooperating with police is more of a red flag than getting a lawyer.

:seeya: frag !

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I agree 100%!!!!!!!! I have personal experience also with my son. Once they have an atty. on file they can't be interrogated by the police for hours....or if they do go in to talk take the atty with you (our son's atty kept him from being interrogated)!!!!! It's so dangerous, esp. in Texas, to go without a lawyer if the finger is pointed your way. And while people say they would turn on their child, trust me if they are facing serous prison time, as a parent it's natural (for me and my husband anyway) to go to any lengths to keep that from happening. We've never faced a crime like this one though, so who knows how we'd act. But I can assure you the thought of even your adult child going to prison will keep you up at night and make you lose weight dramatically (or gain if you're a stress eater) In my case I lost 20 lbs in 10 days. MOO :D

You don't understand bat [emoji90] psycho mind game crazy until you have seen it for yourself.. Then it glows and hums when you see it again.

RSBM

:laughing: Laughing, yes, but sooooo true :shame: :scared:

It's a video conference. In think she can still do that from Alabama, so why stay here?
Or even come back until the trial.
Unless she were to become a resident at the female detention center!

I have not heard of a video-conferencing system in a correctional facility that allows this. But they can probably have phone calls.

Telemate or gettingout.com allows video visits for inmates if they have that kind of facility in his jail.
I don't see them turning on each other. RH only chance is to plead innocence and hope for reasonable doubt if he turns on LH that's gone. They don't appear to have enough to arrest LH and her lawyer will advise silence. In my opinion neither will give the other up to avoid incriminating themselves.

Telemate or gettingout.com allows video visits for inmates if they have that kind of facility in his jail.
I don't see them turning on each other. RH only chance is to plead innocence and hope for reasonable doubt if he turns on LH that's gone. They don't appear to have enough to arrest LH and her lawyer will advise silence. In my opinion neither will give the other up to avoid incriminating themselves.
She doesn't even need to come back to visit him.
She was probably just getting set up the morning we saw her at the jail. Cobb County Adult Detention Center is high tech now.

rynyryre.jpg

http://www.cobbsheriff.org/detention/jailRulesInfo.htm

Beginning the week of March 5, 2013, the Cobb County Sheriff's Office will convert their inmate phone system to the new GTL Platform, the largest and most experienced provider of inmate phone services in the industry today. GTL is dedicated to providing the quality and experience required to support the Cobb County Sheriff's Office inmate telephone system.

Utilizing the At-Home video visitation solution through VisitMe allows visitors to conduct their regular visitation sessions through most PCs, laptops, and tablets (Android or Apple iOS devices) without stepping onto facility property. As these visitation sessions are conducted in an outside environment, correctional staff members are provided with several monitoring tools to prohibit any illicit activity.

e6y9eju2.jpg

http://ksgw.net/portfolios/cobb-county-jail-addition/
http://www.gtl.net/correctional-facility-services/visitation-solutions/video-visitation/

I keep flipping back and forth on Leanna tbh. If she insisted, as reported, that Cooper was left in the car rather than brought to daycare the only reasonable response of hers would have been to head to HD parking lot and check.

But she didn't. At least it hasn't been reported that she did.

I still believe her other statements and her demeanor are ambiguous enough that idk if she was involved. You can interpret her statements so many ways...mastermind, stepford wife, shell shocked mom who has lost everything...

I don't see her killing her son for 27K, but I can see he-that-shall-not-be-named-by-me killing his son for a life of sexting +27K and any health issues Cooper had. Certainly if any of the possible health issues could be traced back to bio dad.

I don't know. We need more of her friends and family to talk about her for me to get a better read but I have to admire them for avoiding the media so far, unless I have missed something. Biodad seems to have peeps coming out of the woodwork to chat about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member