Identified! AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #1 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WasBlind

Former Member
Reaction score
Case History
This victim was found deceased at the Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, Arkansas on July 10, 1991. Her identity is unknown; she apparently used several aliases throughout the years prior to her death. Authorities have determined that she resided in the Dallas, Texas region; Shrevport, Louisiana; and Little Rock, Arkansas before she died. At the time of her death, she was a resident of El Dorado.
The victim may have initially been a runaway from the Florida area, which may be the reason she did not use her true identity.

Her murderer is James Roy McAlphin and he is in prison now for her murder. She was living at another address in El Dorado but went to the motel where he dragged her into the parking lot and beat her, then took her into the motel room and shot her. The victim came to El Dorado from Dallas in early 1991 where she used the name "Kelly Carr/Karr". She had worked as a prostitute at the Carousel in Dallas. After leaving Dallas, she stopped off in Shreveport and then arrived in El Dorado. The victim was frequently at the hospital emergency room from beating and was arrested in May of 1991 for bad checks and she gave the name "Cheryl Ann Wick" from Minneapolis. Previous to her death, she worked as a topless dancer in Little Rock and that is where she told her "friends" she was originally from Florida.

After her death, they found a Bible in her belongings. There were several names in it: Willie James Stroud, Sharon Yvette Stroud, Ladonna Elaine Stroud, Johnny Lee Stroud, Viola Elizabeth Ross Stroud, Donna Jean Stroud, Bobbie Joan Stroud and Willie James Dantzler Sr. They subsequently found that this was a Black family in Irving, Texas and they believe that she lived with the family for a while. At some time she was arrested in Dallas and Houston with the alias's: "Cheryl Wick", "Sharon Wiley", "Kelly Carr" and "Mercedes".

When found, she had an Arkansas ID card which read "Cheryl Ann Wick". They located the parents' address and when they called, Cheryl herself answered and said that she did not know her. The police believe that this was a case of identity theft. A detective found a copy of a letter sent from the police to the FBI stating that the suspect had said that her name was "Kelly Lee Carr" age 24, and that she was wanted in Virginia and along the East Coast for bank robbery.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this woman's identity, please contact:
Union County Coroner's Office
870-864-1903
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/81ufar.html

No matter who she is, her family deserves to find out what happened to her.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

DoeNetwork posted some small updates on this file today. It's an interesting case; her fate was so similar to Sharon Marshall's. Who knows what circumstances led her to becoming a dancer and prostitute? Whatever happened, someone knew and loved this girl. Anyone have any more info on this case?

this site has several different photos than the Doe site: http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg15.html

WasBlind said:
Case History ... She had worked as a prostitute at the Carousel in Dallas. ... Lanie
That was the name of Jack Ruby's Club in Dallas (Killer of Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963). I wonder if there was any connection?

It is an intriguing case.

Richard said:
That was the name of Jack Ruby's Club in Dallas (Killer of Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963). I wonder if there was any connection?

It is an intriguing case.
The original Carousel Club owned by Jack Ruby closed in 1964, and was torn down in the early 70's. It's possible another club opened up later, using the same name.

One of the missing girls that was DNA tested to see if she was Sharon Marshall had a birthmark/mole. I'm thinking it was Jennifer Klein. This victim also had a birthmark/mole. Possibly there is a picture of this birthmark/mole from the autopsy pictures. If so, it would seem logical to see if it resembled Jennifer's.

81UFAR2.jpg
81UFAR.jpg
81UFAR1.jpg
81UFAR3.jpg
81UFAR4.jpg
81UFAR5.jpg
81UFAR6.jpg
Photos of Victim, circa 1990
Unidentified White Female
Located on July 10, 1991 in El Dorado, Union County, Arkansas.​
The victim died the same say that she was discovered.​
Vital Statistics
Estimated Age: 18 to 21 years old​
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'11"; 150-160 lbs.​
Distinguishing Characteristics: She had brown hair at the time of her death; however, it had been previously dyed blonde, as the photos above attest. She had blue eyes. She had a small birthmark or scar beneath her left breast; she also had freckles.​
Dentals: Available​
Fingerprints: Available​
DNA: Available​
AKA: Cheryl Ann Wick, Shannon Wiley, Kelly Carr, Mercedes​
Case History
This victim was found deceased at the Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, Arkansas on July 10, 1991. Her identity is unknown; she apparently used several aliases throughout the years prior to her death. Authorities have determined that she resided in the Dallas, Texas region; Shrevport, Louisiana; and Little Rock, Arkansas before she died. At the time of her death, she was a resident of El Dorado.
The victim may have initially been a runaway from the Florida area, which may be the reason she did not use her true identity.

Her murderer is James Roy McAlphin and he is in prison now for her murder. She was living at another address in El Dorado but went to the motel where he dragged her into the parking lot and beat her, then took her into the motel room and shot her. The victim came to El Dorado from Dallas in early 1991 where she used the name "Kelly Carr/Karr". She had worked as a prostitute at the Carousel in Dallas. After leaving Dallas, she stopped off in Shreveport and then arrived in El Dorado. The victim was frequently at the hospital emergency room from beating and was arrested in May of 1991 for bad checks and she gave the name "Cheryl Ann Wick" from Minneapolis. Previous to her death, she worked as a topless dancer in Little Rock and that is where she told her "friends" she was originally from Florida.

After her death, they found a Bible in her belongings. There were several names in it: Willie James Stroud, Sharon Yvette Stroud, Ladonna Elaine Stroud, Johnny Lee Stroud, Viola Elizabeth Ross Stroud, Donna Jean Stroud, Bobbie Joan Stroud and Willie James Dantzler Sr. They subsequently found that this was a Black family in Irving, Texas and they believe that she lived with the family for a while. At some time she was arrested in Dallas and Houston with the alias's: "Cheryl Wick", "Sharon Wiley", "Kelly Carr" and "Mercedes".

When found, she had an Arkansas ID card which read "Cheryl Ann Wick". They located the parents' address and when they called, Cheryl herself answered and said that she did not know her. The police believe that this was a case of identity theft. A detective found a copy of a letter sent from the police to the FBI stating that the suspect had said that her name was "Kelly Lee Carr" age 24, and that she was wanted in Virginia and along the East Coast for bank robbery.​
Investigators
If you have any information concerning this woman's identity, please contact:
Union County Coroner's Office
870-864-1903
or
El Dorado Police Department
Detective Cathy Phillips or Captain David Smith
870-881-4800

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.​
NCIC Number: U- 504897578 & M-608593583
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

I have several thoughts on this case. First, I wonder if there is any way to track down the family she lived with in Irving, Texas, so we could find out more about "Kelly" and how they met her. I spent some time putting the names of the Strouds into search engines and I have come up with a few matches. There is a Ladonna Stroud who's a well-known painter in Mississippi, but I don't know how common a name "Stroud" is.
I also tried looking on Find A Grave. There is a plot for an infant named "Sharon Stroud" in Fort Worth, Texas, and several Willie Stroud's in Texas as well, but none with the right middle name.
Does anyone have more ideas about how to track them down? Would finding someone in Irving and getting them to look in a phone book be too ridiculously simple?

I have also been looking for possible matches, focusing on Florida because that's where she told her co-workers she was from.
The best one I found was Martha Jean Lambert: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lambert_martha.html. She disappeared at the age of 12 from Florida. Like Kelly, she had blue eyes AND a birthmark on the left side of her chest. She had a troubled home life (possibly abuse in her past?) and she is described as very trusting and eager to be liked. That would make her easy picking for a pervert. Maybe she was abducted, raped, forced into prostitution. She was too ashamed to go back to her family or try to make contact with anyone from her past.

Anyway, these are my humble suggestions. If anyone more experienced has any ideas to offer, please post.

SadieJane said:
I have several thoughts on this case. First, I wonder if there is any way to track down the family she lived with in Irving, Texas, so we could find out more about "Kelly" and how they met her. I spent some time putting the names of the Strouds into search engines and I have come up with a few matches. There is a Ladonna Stroud who's a well-known painter in Mississippi, but I don't know how common a name "Stroud" is.
I also tried looking on Find A Grave. There is a plot for an infant named "Sharon Stroud" in Fort Worth, Texas, and several Willie Stroud's in Texas as well, but none with the right middle name.
Does anyone have more ideas about how to track them down? Would finding someone in Irving and getting them to look in a phone book be too ridiculously simple?

I have also been looking for possible matches, focusing on Florida because that's where she told her co-workers she was from.
The best one I found was Martha Jean Lambert: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lambert_martha.html. She disappeared at the age of 12 from Florida. Like Kelly, she had blue eyes AND a birthmark on the left side of her chest. She had a troubled home life (possibly abuse in her past?) and she is described as very trusting and eager to be liked. That would make her easy picking for a pervert. Maybe she was abducted, raped, forced into prostitution. She was too ashamed to go back to her family or try to make contact with anyone from her past.

Anyway, these are my humble suggestions. If anyone more experienced has any ideas to offer, please post.
I think the nose, long neck, and possibly the ears, look very similar.

It sounds as if LE has already been in touch with the Stroud family - or how else would they know they're Black and from Irving, TX ?

wondering22 said:
Here is the current URL to her case on the Doenetwork:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/81ufar.html

There are so many photographs of her, it's so sad & strange to me that she's not been identified. So peculiar.
That is the strange part of the case is the fact that despite those photographs, nobody knows who she is

Here's another page with some different ones of her including two mugshot photos on the bottom: http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg15.html

This page gives her estimate age as 20-30, wheras Doe Network gives it as 18-21 years old

She doesn't look like she was born a she. I don't mean to be rude but she looks like a he. Perhaps this is why she has not been identified yet?

OneLostGrl said:
She doesn't look like she was born a she. I don't mean to be rude but she looks like a he. Perhaps this is why she has not been identified yet?

I'm dumbfounded with your observation, simply speechless.

I hope others will click on the pics and view "her" from your new perspective....

Question is, though... surely the autopsy would have discovered if "she' had once be a "he," don't you think?

wondering22 said:
I'm dumbfounded with your observation, simply speechless.

I hope others will click on the pics and view "her" from your new perspective....

Question is, though... surely the autopsy would have discovered if "she' had once be a "he," don't you think?

I don't know anything about the surgery itself nor do I know anything about the process of an Autopsy. I would think they would be able to tell once they cut into the body but do they look that closely at someones sexual organs?

I honestly didn't mean what I said in a bad way- just an observation I made while looking at the photo's of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie