GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
documents (start of thread) say that they also took a pair of tan boots.

just saying here.. it takes at least several weeks to do soil sample analysis, tread analysis, and subpoena cell phone records for all involved phones. So personally :twocents: I think we are in a waiting game here forensics wise. If they do not find Erin soon I can just imagine that they are taking all the circumstantial evidence to the prosecutor and the next step will be a grand jury. NL is completely wrong in her alleged statements that no body means she is off the hook if she did indeed say that.

Further thought on the missing 45 yet 45 shell casings inside the car: if those shell casings are inside that could mean the weapon was fired from inside the vehicle and I hope they are testing for that. I do not see any sort of perp going out to pick up shell casings and putting them back inside the car.... Unless this guy keeps his spent shells in a mason jar for posterity purposes, I am sure we will hear more about this at a later date :twocents: and this is my opinion only. As for any other cars involved or tracks... the initial car find warrant was limited to that but frankly we don't know what else is going on so clearly there could well be more that we do not know about to include warrants that have been sealed after the latest documents published by cbs8 that were part of the public record.

:moo:

Ammo is expensive and a lot of people reload their own. The shells could be saved for that reason. He may have panicked and picked up the shells so as not to leave any evidence out in the open, or he could do this out of habit if he hunts/shoots regularly. If he shot her in the Jeep, there would be blood evidence, IMO. I totally agree that forensics are working behind the scenes to collaborate what detectives are already thinking.

Jmo but we almost never learn anything from cable news. Maybe, sometimes, from a local affiliate in the area of the crime, a story will break that we have not yet seen. But as far back as I can recall...WS has always had a link to breaking news on a case before anything on TV.

OK, I should have checked #5 thread before asking again about the cameras and I am smacking myself for not getting this info into my brain many days ago. I got that tunnel vision thing on this story and was keyed on the deputy's call.

I don't know how to bring a post over from another thread to respond to (#976 in thread 5 page 20), but huge thanks to TravelingBug for reminding me that indeed there are plenty for surveillance cams at JTNP gates. If LE has not already reviewed all the tape from 6/28 and 6/29, then I'm shell shocked about all the volunteers and paid manpower and machine power going into searching there.

The first couple days, and right up until her car was located near base, they were out there looking for a live Erin. And not in the mines at that time. I suspect by morning July 2, the emphasis was beginning to shift to recovery more than rescue, and by July 4 it was all about recovery. Was it July 4 or July 5 when that area was hit with the huge storm and washouts? I know it nailed Baker, CA on the 5th. Any serious rain since then?

Link with mention of Park cams.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/t...-disappearance

BBM

Affivadit says "Lee says he went hunting at JTNP on 6/28/14 at approximately 0730 hours." then mentions time he said he returned home. I take that as he departed at 0730, not that he was actually already at the park.

I.e. "I left about 0730 officer to go hunting and returned home at 1600."

This info has bugged me since I read it. #1 You CAN NOT hunt in JTNP so that shows me CL was full of it right there. #2 It's pretty coincidental that CL's times line up perfectly with what Erin supposedly told her husband (returning at 1600). JMO

If it's the same one that caught us on the 10 frwy going through Calimesa, it was the 4th...early afternoon I believe. One of my daughters was at Big Bear Lake for a picnic (and fireworks that night), and we were texting about how much rain they were getting and if the fireworks would be canceled. Might have been another on 5th but not sure it would have been anywhere near as bad. (The streets were completely flooded within minutes in Calimesa.)

OK, I should have checked #5 thread before asking again about the cameras and I am smacking myself for not getting this info into my brain many days ago. I got that tunnel vision thing on this story and was keyed on the deputy's call.

I don't know how to bring a post over from another thread to respond to (#976 in thread 5 page 20), but huge thanks to TravelingBug for reminding me that indeed there are plenty for surveillance cams at JTNP gates. If LE has not already reviewed all the tape from 6/28 and 6/29, then I'm shell shocked about all the volunteers and paid manpower and machine power going into searching there.

The first couple days, and right up until her car was located near base, they were out there looking for a live Erin. And not in the mines at that time. I suspect by morning July 2, the emphasis was beginning to shift to recovery more than rescue, and by July 4 it was all about recovery. Was it July 4 or July 5 when that area was hit with the huge storm and washouts? I know it nailed Baker, CA on the 5th. Any serious rain since then?

Link with mention of Park cams.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/t...-disappearance

Is it possible the text to Tennessee about Erin's plans for the day came from Erin's phone but not from Erin?

Unless her friend only heard about CL and the baby that day. My thoughts are this had been an ongoing conversation between these two for a while. The only way I see that's possible is someone read her texts and then made up that story about the hunting trip and sent one text about CL and their trip . I doubt any body but Erin sent that text. But it's MOO!

Also, I doubt the shell casings were from the murder weapon, unless they can't find the gun that fired them. He'd have to be profoundly stupid to not dispose of those, but get rid of the gun.

Agree on profoundly stupid. But there is also this thing engrained into military training from the first day you are issued a weapon and head to a firing range, as well as most hunters I've known called "police your ground." You hear it and heat it and hear it until clear it never has to be mentioned again. Flat out habit to always pick up spent rounds/casings and not leave them laying. Besides, if they think a body will never be found, as NL apparently claimed, or heaven forbid in no condition to match ballistics to later, those won't make a hoot of difference.

I believe they truly believe they will get away with this and no body, no crime. And I guess worth repeating, yeah, I think they are most likely profoundly stupid.

Electronics (cams, comms etc) may be what breaks this open if heaven forbid, Erin is never found. Ballistics won't matter.

If it's the same one that caught us on the 10 frwy going through Calimesa, it was the 4th...early afternoon I believe. One of my daughters was at Big Bear Lake for a picnic (and fireworks that night), and we were texting about how much rain they were getting and if the fireworks would be canceled. Might have been another on 5th but not sure it would have been anywhere near as bad. (The streets were completely flooded within minutes in Calimesa.)

Do you recall any rain since then? or July 4-5 last time bad weather ran thru SoCal?

He's a marine. He was policing his own shells. Probably force of habit.

Mel

Ammo is expensive and a lot of people reload their own. The shells could be saved for that reason. He may have panicked and picked up the shells so as not to leave any evidence out in the open, or he could do this out of habit if he hunts/shoots regularly. If he shot her in the Jeep, there would be blood evidence, IMO. I totally agree that forensics are working behind the scenes to collaborate what detectives are already thinking.

This info has bugged me since I read it. #1 You CAN NOT hunt in JTNP so that shows me CL was full of it right there. #2 It's pretty coincidental that CL's times line up perfectly with what Erin supposedly told her husband (returning at 1600). JMO

Bingo. Eyebrow moment for whoever was interviewing, if they didn't already have a smoking gun statement from him already. Dude is moron. That's my opinion until something can show otherwise, but I really think his statement that he went hunting at 0730 referred to when he departed home. He is likely bright enough to know there are cams at base gate and they could show his Jeep exiting, or simply that a neighbor saw him leave "about" that time.

if anything, 0730 was just enough "fudge" to not match when Erin was apparently last seen, since that was reported right off the bat, and probably before they first talked to him.

My next question would of course have been "can you recall seeing any blue late-model Corollas while you were in JNTP?" Treat him like potential witness since he claims he never met up with her that day.

Id like for someone to show the witness a picture of NL with sunglasses on and see if that looks more like the female he saw get into a "car". Ive seen at least one picture of her with sunglasses on, one with a ball cap on. Ive yet to see one of Erin wearing sun glasses or a ball cap. Not that that proves she never wears either really, just a thought.

That would be a great idea! His description fits the photo of NL with the horse so well. Wish he could have seen if it was a Green Bay cap!

Do you recall any rain since then? or July 4-5 last time bad weather ran thru SoCal?

I think it was last weekend that JTNP's FB page posted a picture of rain. I don't think it was the whole area, as we got none that same dat (as the posting). We just had clouds and humidity. Rain is typically localized (i.e. it will rain on base but not in town or vice versa).

(last sat was the post and I see now they just said to be prepared for rain, not that it was raining. So the 5th of Jul was our last rain, as far as I recall.)

Re tire tracks...

In the probable cause documents it states the tires on the Jeep are consistent to the tracks located by Erin's vehicle . The Jeep tires are " similar in tire width, tread pattern and wheelbase. "

Is it possible the red car..made the tracks similar to the tires on the Jeep Cherokee ?

I have been researching the different tire sizes for Honda/Kia sedans and Jeep Cherokees. Original factory size differs from model and year of vehicle , but all the sedans give optional tire sizes of 16, 17, 18, & 20 inch tire width. Jeep Cherokee tires can also be found in the various widths. On average ,the wheelbase on a mid-size car ( includes sedans and suvs ) is 105 - 110 inches.

If someone owned 2 vehicles, one a SUV and one a sedan..is it possible they would have the same brand and type of tires on both vehicles and the wheelbase be similar in both vehicles ???

This is just looking more heart breaking.

I wonder what would have happened to "the body" that it wouldn't be found, if that was in fact truly said and happened...

One possible scenario is that the wife that said that just thinks she is brilliant and devised the plan. If that is the case I hope they turn on each other and reveal where she is so she can be put to rest and have some closure for the family.

Other scenarios why she would say this?

Is there any QUICKSAND in the area (JTNP or anywhere else within an hour or two's drive)?

But MB says that "Erin" walked around to the passenger side of the car. When the car was found there were remarks about footprints going from the driver's door of the Toyota and disappearing at the tire tracks of the other vehicle. No mention about tracks on the passenger side of the Toyota/ I think that the car was moved further in.

Mel

BBM

I have read this a few times on these threads and didn't remember it so I went and listened to the MB interviews again. In the Jane Velez-Mitchell interview he states several times that she exited her vehicle and got into the passenger side of his car, nothing about going around to her passenger side. I believe the idea that she went to her passenger side is coming from his wording in the below interview. I don't believe what MB was saying was that she went to HER passenger side. I believe MB is saying she went to passenger side of the red car and maybe locked her car with the remote.

This is what he said (link below, at approx. 15 seconds in) :

"I seen a girl get out of the car, you know she had a little ball cap on, looks like some glasses, a little pony tail. I seen her get out of the car. She actually got to the passenger side, maybe did something, maybe locked her door or something, and, ah, what was a red car looks like a little Kia or Honda Accent, it was red, 4 door, umm, it was a short guy driving, didn't have much hair, but it was a short guy driving. Like I said, I seen her willingly get into the car...."

"Bonus Video" here:
http://crime.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

so where is the gun?

I seem to recall reading in the last thread that they were searching a pond/lake near base. Seems like a nice spot for a gun to go missing.

Mel. (off to search for post. . hmm after I do this pesky thing called a *job*for a little while.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons