KY KY - Officer Jason Ellis, 33, Bardstown, 25 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Published: 10/25 12:09 am

At a prayer vigil tonight, the Bardstown Community prayed for answers to find out who gunned down Officer Jason Ellis on May 25th.

Police said the tips they’ve received so far haven’t given them any substantial leads.

Chief Rick McCubbin said they aren’t getting as many call-in tips as usual, even with a $185,000 reward.

“That just shows it is deep,” McCubbin said.

more at the link: http://www.wtvq.com/content/localne...cers-Memory-Alive/QjhOzjK-LECi_i6azsT_KQ.cspx

FBI Most Wanted • Seeking Information
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info

image_thumb

Murder Victim
Bardstown, Kentucky
May 25, 2013
JASON ELLIS

DETAILS
Officer Jason Ellis was killed after finishing his shift for the Bardstown, Kentucky Police Department during the early morning hours on Saturday, May 25, 2013. While driving home, Officer Ellis encountered debris which had been placed on the exit ramp (exit 34) from the Bluegrass Parkway. As Officer Ellis attempted to remove the debris from the roadway, he was shot and killed. Officer Ellis was discovered by a passing motorist.

Officer Ellis is survived by a wife and two minor sons. He was heavily involved in the community outside of work, including coaching youth baseball. He was a K-9 handler (narcotics dog) for the police department in addition to his patrol duties.

REWARD
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $50,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the individual(s) responsible for the death of Bardstown, Kentucky Police Officer Jason Ellis.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact your local FBI office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Tips may also be sent to ElliscaseEtips@ky.gov

Field Office: Louisville

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/jason-ellis/view

50k reward and no one is biting. Isolated area at night. No mention if shells from a gun were ever found. The debris had been cast aside by responding officers. So could this be someone close to him? Or a thrill kill?

I just saw a video on this shared on FB. I'm sure its' upstream somewhere here ,but the first I'd heard of it.
What the heck? I wonder if this person intentionally wanted to kill an LEO or just anyone who would stop ?

Dogs Who Mourn: Meet 4 Who Openly Grieved the Loss of Their Humans

Figo: Final Respects to Fallen Police Partner with a Paw on Casket
Kentucky police officer Jason Ellis, 33, died in an ambush in 2013. He was a K-9 officer who worked daily with a police dog named Figo. They’d formed a strong bond, coming to depend on one another as they fought crime together. When Officer Ellis died, there was no question that Figo would attend his funeral along with throngs of other law enforcement workers.
Figo’s devotion touched many around the world when a moving image from the funeral went viral. Figo stepped up to his partner’s casket and touched it with his paw, appearing for all the world as though he was sending an affectionate and sad final farewell to Ellis. See it happen here:
“It seemed like the dog was aware of what was going on,” photographer Jonathan Palmer told Today. “His mannerisms, his posture. He went to the casket and put his paw on it. It was like he was inspecting it.”
The loss of a partner hits hard and Figo had to be retired after the loss of Ellis. The happy ending here is that Ellis family adopted the devoted dog, keeping all those who loved Jason Ellis together forever.
http://www.care2.com/causes/dogs-who-mourn-meet-4-who-openly-grieved-the-loss-of-their-humans.html

22490692_BG1.jpg

http://www.wdrb.com/story/26298197/officer-jason-ellis-honored-during-bardstown-motorcycle-ride

A motorcycle ride was held in Bardstown to remember Officer Ellis, and to raise money for Kentucky's Fallen Officers Memorial Fund...

The hope is to not only come together to remember Officer Ellis and keep his memory alive, but also to continue to get the word out about his unsolved murder.

“I think if we keep it in the news, keep it alive, it's gonna come back and somebody's gonna say something. Somebody will come forward and give us that one tip that we need to close this case,” said Deputy Ramon Pineiroa.

I wish there was something new to report but I'm just thinking about Officer Ellis and his family tonight and thought I would give this thread a bump back to the top.

It's hard to believe they've got nothing. What, no footprints, cigarette butts, expended shells with prints or DNA? No one wants to speak up and tell the police about their co worker, neighbor, cousin etc. likes to fantasize about killing cops or hunting humans?

Someone needs to speak up and let the cops figure out what to do with whatever information they have. You don't need proof to call in a tip. Just give the police a chance to check it out. If the person you suspect didn't do it, they won't be in trouble. If they did do it and you don't tell, they will do it again or worse. MOO

Halfway down, a pile of branches lay across the ramp.

Ellis parked, switched on his car's blue lights and climbed out, police said, his pistol still holstered.

Someone watched from the top of the hillside above him.

Ellis bent for the branches, investigators believe.

Then, shotgun blasts split the night.

Ellis fell, his gun untouched. His trail of blood would stain the concrete for months.

A half-hour later, around 2:30 a.m., a driver pulled up behind the vacant patrol car and stopped, confused. The cruiser, its emergency lights still on, was parked diagonally across the road, blocking the view of Ellis' body.A second driver, Chad Monroe, a distillery worker on his way home from work, then approached, and got out. He saw the officer, the blood.

Then chaos. A woman from the first car jumped into Ellis' cruiser, switched on his radio and screamed. "Hello. Hello. Officer down! Officer down!"

http://www.courier-journal.com/long...lice-officer-jason-ellis-anniversary/9445715/

Oh good. Another press conference to tell us there are no updates or leads lol b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back