New England - Missing and Murdered

talelights

I dig teaspoon by teaspoon
Reaction score
Here is a blog off-shoot from [url="http://www.whokilledtheresa.com/"]http://www.whokilledtheresa.com[/url] , a listing of all the people who have gone missing from Vermont and New Hampshire over the past 25 years: http://whokilledtheresa.blogspot.com/2005/05/rattled-baby-over-you.html

This second list comes from a 2001 Hartford Courant article listing missing children. I was able to cross off twenty one from the newspaper's list of 59. But here are the rest.

The abducted in New England Listed by state, with name, age, hometown and date they disappeared

CONNECTICUT:
Diane Toney, 11 Guilford, 5/18/69
Dawn Cave, 14 Bethany, 5/26/69
Mary Mount, 10 New Canaan, 5/31/69
Stephanie Olisky, 15 East Windsor, 7/21/75
Renee Freer, 8 Monroe, 6/22/77
Eugene Glenn, 9 Hartford, 8/9/81
Matthew Margolies, 13 Greenwich, 9/9/84
Kathleen Flynn, 11 Norwalk, 9/23/86
Mayra Cruz, 13 Hartford, 11/8/87 3.

MAINE
Mary Olenchuk, 13 Ogunquit, 9/9/70
Douglas Chapman, 3 Alfred, 6/2/71
Judith Hand, 15 Farmington, 9/10/71
Joyce McLain, 16 East Millinocket, 8/8/80
Ashely Ouellette, 16 Saco, 2/9/99

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Kathy Gloddy, 13 Franklin, 11/22/71
James Teta, 15 Rindge, 8/25/73
Ann Psaradelis, 15 Candia, 9/29/73
Diane Compagna, 15 Candia, 9/29/73
Tammy Belanger, 8 Exeter, 11/13/84
Carrie Moss, 14 New Boston, 7/25/89
Sonya Moore, 14 Dunbarton, 11/1/89

MASSACHUSETTS
David Louison, 6 Brockton, 6/18/74
Denise Cochran, 11 Brockton, 5/23/75
Wilfredo Torres, 9 Dorchester, 5/9/83
Sarah Pryor, 9 Wayland, 10/9/85
Tracy Gilpin, 15 Kingston, 10/1/86
Melissa Tremblay, 11 Lawrence, 9/11/88
Thomas Picard, 11 Fall River, 10/2/88
Michael Stitt, 14 Webster, 2/19/88
Holly Piirainen, 10 Sturbridge, 8/5/93
Ingrid Souza, 15 Lexington, 12/28/99

VERMONT
Grace Reapp, 5 Jericho, 6/6/78

RHODE ISLAND
Christine Cole, 10 Pawtucket, 2/28/88
Michelle Norris, 7 Central Falls, 5/24/88

"Why Are They Still Missing? Indifference, Delays and Haphazard Rreporting; 59 Sstolen Hearts; Hartford Courant: Apr 15,2001 pg. A.1

Mary Mount and Mary Olenchuk were later found, dead, but their killers have never been caught. Mary M. was found in out-of-the way clearing in the forest near her home; Mary O, the daughter of a retired general, was found in an abandoned barn in Maine. She was last seen talking to a man in a maroon car while riding her bike, and I have wondered if there was some connection to the abduction of Janice Pockett.

This list would be better called "New England Missing and Murdered," as most of those people have been found deceased. Grace Reapp, Tammy Belanger, Douglas Chapman are the only ones on it whom I know are still missing.

Heide Wilbur ought to be added to the Vermont list. She is classified as a runaway, but she's been gone for like 15 years without a trace and the police are beginning to think maybe something has happened to her.

If you visit the VT State Police Website, there are far more names both missing persons and unsolved cases (many are listed on the list at Who Killed Theresa and were found at SilkyBoxerz - Missing Persons and Unsolved Cases NH/VT...there is also a discussion thread here at Websleuths Websleuths - Missing Women NH (also VT)

New Hampshire only list a few Missing persons at New Hampshire State Police Website - Missing Persons
Vermont State Police - Missing Persons

Vermont State Police - Unsolved Homicides

murraydwyer said:
If you visit the VT State Police Website, there are far more names both missing persons and unsolved cases (many are listed on the list at Who Killed Theresa and were found at SilkyBoxerz - Missing Persons and Unsolved Cases NH/VT...there is also a discussion thread here at Websleuths Websleuths - Missing Women NH (also VT)

New Hampshire only list a few Missing persons at New Hampshire State Police Website - Missing Persons
Vermont State Police - Missing Persons

Vermont State Police - Unsolved Homicides

Why do you think NH does not have a better, more complete list of missing persons? Can anything be done to light a fire under them?

petra said:
Why do you think NH does not have a better, more complete list of missing persons? Can anything be done to light a fire under them?
The Murray Family has been *trying* for almost 2 years.

I read a post on one of the forums that Maura Murray's boyfriend's mother posts on that she checks the NH SP Missing site each day......that at one time during the summer of 2004, Maura's information was no longer on it.

She stated that only after numerous phone calls and complaints did she receive a return phone call from NH SP saying "Maura's information has been placed back on our website."

Also, Lorne Boulet, a young man missing from NH only recently had his name and information added to the NH Missing Site. This was due to the extensive efforts of his Aunt Louise and many other who supported her. Lorne has his own thread here on Websleuths.

Aimee Riley who went missing the fall before Maura NEVER HAD her name and information on the NH Missing Persons List.

It seems there is no way to determine the actual number of missing in the State of NH!

As Peabody said, Lorne Boulet's Aunt Louise was very recently successful in having Lorne listed as missing on the NH State Police website....Lorne has been missing since July of 2001.

I honestly don't know how much it really helps to have missing persons listed on the individual State's websites, but out of respect for the families, they should be listed without the families have to go through what Louise had to to have Lorne listed. The state's websites could also serve as a resource for the media to get the proper contact information for those with information. When a family member first goes missing....families don't know what to do or where to go. Most aren't aware of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children or National Center for Missing Adults. I understand that most missing persons return within a relatively short period of time and that perhaps it would make more work for someone, but there needs to be some national protocol....even if it means that the police just refer families to the National Centers.

I know there are other missing persons and unsolved cases that have been listed on individual city sites in NH, but the States should step up to the plate and list these cases on their websites...most cities and towns don't have the resources and many don't even have websites, but they can pass and should pass the information along to the state. Massachusetts does not appear to have its own missing persons site, however, there is a link on the MA State Police website to the National Centers.

One problem is budget constraints. A lot of departments don't see the website as a priority and the officers don't have time to update it. I don't think the NYPD missing person section has been updated in at least a year -- probably longer. California has the largest state database, but even it has its problems, mainly in removing resolved cases.

Zabba search lists a Michael J Stitt in Smicksberg PA, born 1973. Seems like the right age for the missing Michael Stitt missing from Webster Mass. Is there a middle initial for the missing boy?

Vet4Bush said:
Zabba search lists a Michael J Stitt in Smicksberg PA, born 1973. Seems like the right age for the missing Michael Stitt missing from Webster Mass. Is there a middle initial for the missing boy?
My list does not have his middle initial, sorry

I contacted LE in CT with this list of 10 missing children. They told me the NCIC database, prior to 1982, did not list the missing or unidentified. I asked that these ten names be reviewed and placed on NCIC. Now how do they get listed other databases? :confused:

CONNECTICUT:
Diane Toney, 11 Guilford, 05/18/69
Dawn Cave, 14 Bethany, 05/26/69
Mary Mount, 10 New Canaan, 05/31/69
Jennifer Noon, 5, Hamden, 09/21/70
Stephanie Olisky, 15 East Windsor, 07/21/75
Renee Freer, 8, Monroe, 06/22/77
Eugene Glenn, 9, Hartford, 08/09/81
Matthew Margolies, 13, Greenwich, 09/09/84
Kathleen Flynn, 11, Norwalk, 09/23/86
Mayra Cruz, 12, Hartford, 11/08/87

Sorry about the confusion in my listing.

Here is an updated listing of the still missing in Connecticut

David B. Mac Donald 04/10/56
Lynne Schulze 12/10/71 (Missing from VT college, but was from CT)
Janice Pockett 07/26/73
Lisa White 11/01/74
Maria Florence Anjiras 02/12/76
Jovanna Stacey Crawford 06/05/81
Charles Lewis Lassell Jr. 10/27/81
Mary Edna Badaracco 08/20/84
Doreen Vincent 06/15/88
April Pennington 05/29/96
Rosa Marie Camacho 10/24/97

Are there others I missied? :confused:

talelights said:
Here is a blog off-shoot from [url="http://www.whokilledtheresa.com/"]http://www.whokilledtheresa.com[/url] , a listing of all the people who have gone missing from Vermont and New Hampshire over the past 25 years: http://whokilledtheresa.blogspot.com/2005/05/rattled-baby-over-you.html

This second list comes from a 2001 Hartford Courant article listing missing children. I was able to cross off twenty one from the newspaper's list of 59. But here are the rest.

The abducted in New England Listed by state, with name, age, hometown and date they disappeared

CONNECTICUT:

MAINE

NEW HAMPSHIRE

MASSACHUSETTS

VERMONT

RHODE ISLAND

"Why Are They Still Missing? Indifference, Delays and Haphazard Rreporting; 59 Sstolen Hearts; Hartford Courant: Apr 15,2001 pg. A.1
Hi. I am originally from Norwalk. Just for the record, Kathleen Flynn was MURDERED. Her body was found the next day in the woods by her school. It was during her first month of middle school. (6th grade) She lived 3 blocks away from us. They have yet to find her killer(s). They seem to think it was someone she was aquainted with. So sad. I had a daughter who was 10 years old at the time. This story especially stands out in my mind because it happened so close to my home.

diana1759 said:
Hi. I am originally from Norwalk. Just for the record, Kathleen Flynn was MURDERED. Her body was found the next day in the woods by her school. It was during her first month of middle school. (6th grade) She lived 3 blocks away from us. They have yet to find her killer(s). They seem to think it was someone she was aquainted with. So sad. I had a daughter who was 10 years old at the time. This story especially stands out in my mind because it happened so close to my home.
You're correct; my mission was to get people's attention. I recently found out that in Connecticut, if you are an unidentified, and the medical examiner has done all the testing he needs to do, he return the remains back to the jurisdictions where they were found. If no one comes forth to claim or identify them, the remains are placed in a pauper’s grave.

There is no master list of unidentified Jane, John or Baby Doe’s within the State of Connecticut. If you were to search for someone, you would need to contact over 200 police departments and the state police for information. I find that aggravating and totally unnecessary in today’s world of computer databases.

Equally aggravating is the fact that there is no main jurisdiction in charge of keeping and updating a list of missing persons and children in Connecticut. Nor is there anyone in charge of submitting these missing persons and their case vitals to any web databases, like DOE network, Project Charley or UID pages .:furious:

Hello. I am a friend of Sharon Garry's (Tina's sister/Bethany's aunt) and webmaster at our new site. We have a new website soliciting the public's help to find the girls. After 5 years, we doubt they are alive.

Mother and daughter, Tina and Bethany Sinclair, have been missing over 5 years from Mountain Road on the CT river in West Chesterfield, NH. They were living with a "now-convicted sex offender."

Tina Sinclair, at the time age 34, and her 15-year-old daughter Bethany, were living in the Chesterfield home with Eugene Van Bowman. They were last seen on Feb. 3, 2001. According to Bowman, the two had a fight, and Bowman told police he ended it by walking out of the house. By the time he came back, he told police, Tina and Bethany had taken their clothes and left.

Left behind were Tina's car and cat, and both women's possessions.
On Monday, Feb. 5, an unknown woman called Keene High School to say that Bethany, who was a freshman at the time, would be out sick. The last person to talk to Bethany was her date on Saturday night, over the phone, just before midnight. The women have not been heard from again.

Chesterfield police were called after the women had been missing a week, and state police were brought in after that.

Officially, the disappearances are classified as a missing persons case, and no suspects have been named. However, Bowman has been called a "person of interest" by authorities, and his home has been searched several times, including a search of the residence in April and a river search after the river thawed out. After five years, it is doubtful that the women will be found alive.

The family and friends have published a NEW website in attempt to bring new life to their COLD CASE. They are soliciting the public's help in finding the missing mother and daughter.

http://missingtinaandbeth.org/

Their contact email address is: webmaster@missingtinaandbeth.org

CONTACTS: Sharon Garry (sister of Tina Sinclair and aunt to Bethany Sinclair) can be reached at: sharongarry@sbcglobal.net

MerryJo: friend of family and webmaster of Missingtinaandbeth.org can be reached at: webmaster@missingtinaandbeth.org

MerryJo said:
Hello. I am a friend of Sharon Garry's (Tina's sister/Bethany's aunt) and webmaster at our new site. We have a new website soliciting the public's help to find the girls. After 5 years, we doubt they are alive.

Mother and daughter, Tina and Bethany Sinclair, have been missing over 5 years from Mountain Road on the CT river in West Chesterfield, NH. They were living with a "now-convicted sex offender."

Tina Sinclair, at the time age 34, and her 15-year-old daughter Bethany, were living in the Chesterfield home with Eugene Van Bowman. They were last seen on Feb. 3, 2001. According to Bowman, the two had a fight, and Bowman told police he ended it by walking out of the house. By the time he came back, he told police, Tina and Bethany had taken their clothes and left.

Left behind were Tina's car and cat, and both women's possessions.
On Monday, Feb. 5, an unknown woman called Keene High School to say that Bethany, who was a freshman at the time, would be out sick. The last person to talk to Bethany was her date on Saturday night, over the phone, just before midnight. The women have not been heard from again.

Chesterfield police were called after the women had been missing a week, and state police were brought in after that.

Officially, the disappearances are classified as a missing persons case, and no suspects have been named. However, Bowman has been called a "person of interest" by authorities, and his home has been searched several times, including a search of the residence in April and a river search after the river thawed out. After five years, it is doubtful that the women will be found alive.

The family and friends have published a NEW website in attempt to bring new life to their COLD CASE. They are soliciting the public's help in finding the missing mother and daughter.

http://missingtinaandbeth.org/

Their contact email address is: webmaster@missingtinaandbeth.org

CONTACTS: Sharon Garry (sister of Tina Sinclair and aunt to Bethany Sinclair) can be reached at: sharongarry@sbcglobal.net

MerryJo: friend of family and webmaster of Missingtinaandbeth.org can be reached at: webmaster@missingtinaandbeth.org

Hi MerryJo.

I created a new messagethread specifically for Tina & Bethany over in the WS Discussion Forum. Here is a link to the new thread:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1075086

After reading the wonderfully done website, MaryJo, I can not help but wonder, has LE been working to put dots on a map to match places where this guy has lived, traveled or worked. It is diffiuclt for me to think, that if he is the perp, this was his "first" time.

It sounds like he might have handled things like this before and knows just what to do to cover his tracks.

That's my :twocents:

talelights said:

CONNECTICUT:

MAINE

NEW HAMPSHIRE

MASSACHUSETTS

VERMONT

RHODE ISLAND

That is not an acurate list of Vermont.

Here's what I have on VT and it is definately NOT a comprehensive listing:

1.) Russel Bovit---
Missing Since: May 6, 1986 from Walden, Vermont
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: September 24, 1955
Height and Weight: 6'0, 160 pounds

2.) Michael Dumont

Missing Since: November 21, 2004 from South Burlington, Vermont
Classification: Missing
Height and Weight: 5'9, 185 pounds
3.) Audrey Groat
Missing Since: August 21, 1993 from Northfield, Vermont
Date of Birth: June 10, 1952
Height and Weight: 5'6, 120 pounds
4.) Cheree Hankins'

Missing Since: January 18, 1990 from Burlington, Vermont
Date Of Birth: July 28, 1944
Height and Weight: 5'2, 100 pounds

I was not finished with my post and accidentily posted ,I have at least 15 to 20 more. I will update soon.:blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back