GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding it hard to believe at the moment that a stranger abduction is in the cards just because of the very brief window that it could have occurred without someone - her 'friend', the other cars - seeing something. That, and there are no signs of a struggle or similar. Far more likely it was someone she knew that betrayed her, and even more likely it was the last person she was seen with. Only talking statistics here - not making specific accusations. JMO.

I think stranger abduction is one of the slimmest possibilities as well. Does anyone know if the police department works more closely with the head of the equine search team, divulging information they might not tell the general public, or is the search team working off the same leads as the rest of us?

Not sure if anyone has thought of this but bringing her dog to the parking garage .... dogs have an incredible sense of smell even days after. If possible someone that knows her dog so it is not nervous. Bring something of hers for it to smell start from parking place. Just a thought. Retrace steps with her dog. Bringing in other dogs trained also. If any of her friends are reading please consider.if anyone has volunteered to donate use of their search and rescue dogs they can help work with the dog.

Steven voluntarily reached out to the media. LE has named zero names, including the boyfriend. It was confirmed on the last page by a case insider that Steven is not the 'friend' seen on camera with her. I don't find it necessary or plausible to assume he has anything to do with this. JMO.

Thats not true. Post 949 in the last thread. I can't link so I will copy.

Police spokesperson David Tilley says Foster has been extensively interviewed and is not believed to be involved in Christina's disappearance at all. "Being the boyfriend, he was one that we looked at pretty heavily," Tilley says. "Anything we have asked of him, he has been very cooperative."

Tilley reports that Foster has been at search events helping to hand out fliers. "We don't have any suspects, but at the same time, we haven't ruled anyone out," Tilley says.

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/c...woman-christina-morris-shops-at-legacy-plano/

Not sure if anyone has thought of this but bringing her dog to the parking garage .... dogs have an incredible sense of smell even days after. If possible someone that knows her dog so it is not nervous. Bring something of hers for it to smell start from parking place. Just a thought. Retrace steps with her dog. Bringing in other dogs trained also. If any of her friends are reading please consider.

Plano pd addressed this via twitter saying dogs wouldn't be able to help by too much time has passed or something along those lines.

Are any of the Plano people/Christina's friends/searchers still on this thread? I was wondering if there has been an on-the-ground update but can't find any here among all the questions that they already answered in the first thread.

TRANSCRIPT FROM NANCY GRACE (Last night, 9/8/14)

NG: Christina Morris vanishes from a luxury high-end retail shopping mall. New surveillance video emerges - we have the video. Straight out to Justin Freiman. Let's start with Christina Morris. What happened?

Justin Freiman (NG Producer): Well Christina Morris was out with some friends in the evening. She leaves the apartment, goes to a parking lot at this big complex with shops and fancy restaurants and that is the last she's seen. We have video released that show her walking with a friend in the parking garage but then they part ways and go separate directions and she's never seen.

NG: Okay, back it up right there Justin Freiman. Let's see the video released again of Christina Morris. Do I know for a fact that the friend got her in her car or to her car and then the friend leaves and goes back to his apartment?

JF: No. According to police, they part ways before she actually gets to the car. Police say they've spoken with him numerous times and actually see him driving off and they think he is not the suspect.

NG: Okay, that answers my question very well. So we know that he leaves before she is abducted or gets in her car. With me right now, I'm hearing in my ears, joining me from Dallas - Anna Morris, mother of Christina Morris. Anna thank you so much for being with us.

Anna Morris (Christina's stepmother, although NG incorrectly refers to her as her mother): Thank you for having me.

NG: Everybody you are seeing the picture of Christina Morris. She is just 23 years old. She vanishes from a high-end shopping mall parking garage. Mrs. Morris, what are police telling you tonight?

AM: That they're following every lead and they're going over, you know, everything numerous times, talking to people over and over again, walking her path, trying to find - turn up anything. But, as far as I know, there are no new leads.

NG: Let's go out to Officer David Tilley of the Plano Police Department. Officer Tilley, I've been to Plano several times. It's a beautiful, beautiful, very well to do area. Not a big population at all. Do you believe, Officer Tilley, that Christina left the parking garage in her car?

Officer David Tilley (Plano Police Department): No, we do not believe that strictly because her car was actually found at the location whenever we had her reported missing.

NG: So, the friend walks her either to her car or his car and he gets in his car and leaves. She's - what? Is she captured on video in her car, still walking to her car? Where does the video leave off Officer Tilley?

DT: Pretty much what we have is the video shows her and this other friend walking into the parking garage and then we don't have any other video beyond that showing what they're doing. What was reported from the friend is basically that he had parked on one side of the garage, she had parked on the other, they split and each went to their cars. He got into his car and he left the location.

NG: What was their relationship? Were they girlfriend and boyfriend?

DT: No, my understanding is that they're just friends.

(and then NG goes into discussing the missing student from ASU in Boone, NC).

So...do they have footage of him leaving in his car or not??sheesh.

From the link above:

JF: No. According to police, they part ways before she actually gets to the car. Police say they've spoken with him numerous times and actually see him driving off and they think he is not the suspect.

Snipped

DT: Pretty much what we have is the video shows her and this other friend walking into the parking garage and then we don't have any other video beyond that showing what they're doing. What was reported from the friend is basically that he had parked on one side of the garage, she had parked on the other, they split and each went to their cars. He got into his car and he left the location.

Are any of the Plano people/Christina's friends/searchers still on this thread? I was wondering if there has been an on-the-ground update but can't find any here among all the questions that they already answered in the first thread.

Latest update is that search groups have stopped and will resume again at 3PM.

Any locals interested in helping search should wear long pants, bring water, and meet at the Legacy Church parking lot in Plano.

Plano pd addressed this via twitter saying dogs wouldn't be able to help by too much time has passed or something along those lines.

Interesting if LE said that...

In past cases... LE has used dogs weeks, even months, after a person has disappeared...

Though fresher is better... tracks remain for quite a while, IMO...

Maybe a SAR K9 can chime in and clear this up for us...

All... JMO

Interesting if LE said that...

In past cases... LE has used dogs weeks, even months, after a person has disappeared...

Though fresher is better... tracks remain for quite a while, IMO...

Maybe a SAR K9 can chime in and clear this up for us...

All... JMO

I guess , you can go check out their twitter for exact verbiage.

IMO even IF they have him on video driving out of the parking garage, the video is probably extremely grainy and they would not be able to see if there was a passenger in the car (especially if the passenger was hidden).

IMO even IF they have him on video driving out of the parking garage, the video is probably extremely grainy and they would not be able to see if there was a passenger in the car (especially if the passenger was hidden).

Or in the trunk.

From the link above:

Snipped

I believe the police officer's accounts. The reporter, like many of us, assumed that police had confirmed this when it couldn't be more clear that they have not. All police have repeatedly said is that his story is that he left alone and that they evidently see his car leaving. That's it. JMO.

From the link above:

Snipped

Inconsistent... isn't it... :waitasec:

I hope this gets cleared up by MSM and/or LE soon...

JMO...

I guess , you can go check out their twitter for exact verbiage.

Oh... I am not disputing your account that you read/heard that...

I am just surprised that LE would say that...

:dunno:

I am often impressed with how much dogs can do to help in investigations...

:beagle: :heart:

And... if LE can identify his car leaving the parking garage...

Then how does that fit in with the 3 cars that left... but they supposedly cannot identify... (mysterious cars)...

:waitasec:

And... if LE can identify his car leaving the parking garage...

Then how does that fit in with the 3 cars that left... but they supposedly cannot identify... (mysterious cars)...

:waitasec:

If you know what you're looking for, then it's probably pretty easy to ID. If it's a stranger's car and the video is too grainy to read the license plate, you really have no idea of who it is.

For example, if you're expecting a dark colored 2 door sedan within 5 minutes of when he went into the garage, and sure enough there's one, it seems like you could say that was him. If you're just looking at random cars in the fuzz, it's harder to know who those people are.

I do always wonder what the point is, exactly, of having security cameras if you can't make out what's on the video. Some security cameras are so completely clear that you can see everything - license plates, dings, ID pedestrians, etc., and some are pretty much useless.

Does anyone find it kind of odd that there have been no press conferences?

If you know what you're looking for, then it's probably pretty easy to ID. If it's a stranger's car and the video is too grainy to read the license plate, you really have no idea of who it is.

For example, if you're expecting a dark colored 2 door sedan within 5 minutes of when he went into the garage, and sure enough there's one, it seems like you could say that was him. If you're just looking at random cars in the fuzz, it's harder to know who those people are.

I do always wonder what the point is, exactly, of having security cameras if you can't make out what's on the video. Some security cameras are so completely clear that you can see everything - license plates, dings, ID pedestrians, etc., and some are pretty much useless.

They should release those images. Car enthusiasts like me can ID a car from a 24x24 pixel image of a B-pillar. That they don't have the plates is no excuse. Also, someone could see their car and notify LE that it was them.

Does anyone find it kind of odd that there have been no press conferences?

Absolutely. The silence is deafening. And also telling. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcedarblue