Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link to anyone doing a discussion during this break?

I think the state made the mistake of gun first bat second. I do believe, like the website, Bat, Gun, Kick. Timeline worked that way.

Clear now IMO she will find him guilty of evenualis. Calm down people. This was obviously what was going to happen. People got so into the DV, prosecution case (which had little factual basis) that its easy to forget that he can still be guilty of murder without this. As I have been saying, it was clear that he thought it was an intruder, but it doesn't stop it being murder if he knowingly shot that "intruder". I'm convinced from that little summary that this is what she will find.

thanks Masipa... causing me to indulge on chocolate and cold chinese take-away...

I think she just said that Oscar's explanation was inconsistent with someone who shot without thinking

Yes, she did. I think that was when OP seemed to get angry in court and went to great lengths to explain exactly what he would have done, had he wanted to kill someone in bathroom, and how he hadn't done that, he did this and that. But he's just said he fired without thinking, before that.

Im disappointed but not surprised. I hope this doesnt go on for two days.

It sounds as though she believes that he thought there was an intruder but doesn't believe that he fired unintentionally. So the verdict will hang on whether she believes that he acted reasonably...am I understanding this correctly?

So is murder, while unpremeditated, still in play here? Culpable homicide definitely is. Sounds like she does not believe OP shot without thinking and was aware that he was trying to kill whoever was behind the door.

I wonder whether she will ever watch the OP running leaked video. If so, what will she think.

I think she's in denial.

I read that Daily Mail article on the prison where OP was suppose to go......by the end if it they were suggesting that he would never be sent there.

no link

Clear now IMO she will find him guilty of evenualis. Calm down people. This was obviously what was going to happen. People got so into the DV, prosecution case (which had little factual basis). As I have been saying, it was clear that he thought it was an intruder, but it doesn't stop it being murder - I'm convinced from that little summary that this is what she will find.

Thank you. I am making a genuine attempt to calm down, trying to locate my "zen".

I hope you are right Exchange. Whether or not it was Reeva or an 'intruder' what he did that night was against the law and he needs to pay through time in jail. Being excused for murder in this case is just not okay.

It sounds as though she believes that he thought there was an intruder but doesn't believe that he fired unintentionally. So the verdict will hang on whether she believes that he acted reasonably...am I understanding this correctly?

That's what I've gathered.

I am still expecting a conviction. That's probably where this is heading. She seems to be moving fast though.

'I shall now detail the accused defense. On a persusal of the defence, the defence showed a number of defenses.

Dr Merryl Vorster evidence that the accused suffered from a general anxiety disorder, before scrutinising the evidence of the defense it is important to scrutinise the evidence of the accused, which might shed light on this defense.

I have selected a few from the evidence.

- The defense was I shot at the intruders. He shot in beiefe that the intruders were coming out
- He did not have time to think
- He never intended to shoot anyone
- He pulled the trigger when he heard the noise.

- He did not intend to shot at the dor.

- He fired purposefully at the door
- He fired shots at the door but he did not do so deliberately
- He never aimed at the door
- The firearm was aimed at the dor when it was pointed at the door
- And …shot at lose quarter

-He shot because he was at that point I believed someone was coming out to attack me,
-I leave out something out of fear.
-I discharge my firearm at close quarters

When the accused was asked to explain what it was meant by accident. He said quote” The accident was that I shot my firearm in the act I believed an intruder”

I did not think about pulling the trigger, as soon as I hear the noise, I pulled the trigger, closed quote.

The accused never thought about the possibility that he could kill…

It is clear that the conduct of the accused and the death of the deceased were an accident.'

Oh noooooo, this is looking terrible for justice and I am amazed to be hearing this believe from the judge. No wonder SA has a high femicide rate. :(

What is Nel thinking?

Most lawyers in the US say they learn early on that what juries decide can be so surprising. Nel has practiced long enough to know the same goes for judges. You never know.

He's also not naive. He knows the fix is in.

Yes, she did. I think that was when OP seemed to get angry in court and went to great lengths to explain exactly what he would have done, had he wanted to kill someone in bathroom, and how he hadn't done that, he did this and that. But he's just said he fired without thinking, before that.

This was his problem throughout: trying to argue his own case. More problems like this are sure to arise.

I think the Judge is just summing up what Oscars defence was and that she will hopefully be contradicting that later. Still hoping for a guilty verdict.

Ulrich Roux @ulrichroux · 1m
Should Judge reject State argument of premeditated murder,she can still convict of Murder-dolus directus or eventualis.Wait&see

Judge Greenland :"Gerrie Nel will be fairly happy at this stage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member