VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things that really make me suspicious of OWG:
He was definitely creeping on Hannah. Although he supposedly followed her because he felt she was in distress, but once he saw her with POI-LJM and claimed he stopped then, but yet he's on tape 2 minutes later, still following Hannah and LJM
The description he gave to police sounded like the suspect in Morgan Harrington case, and nothing like LJM.. If nothing else, how could he miss the white shorts/pants.and give description of black pants (which is what Hannah had on-maybe that's why black pants came to his mind) ?.
I just don't get a bad feeling about LJ.. But I really do about OWG.
JMO.

I haven't talked much with my husband about this case even though he attended UVA and received some email from the school, because he finds my interest in unsolved mysteries to be pretty weird. Even so, last night he spontaneously said, "I saw this dressed up, really drunk female college student, obviously on the way from a party, near <sketchy location> and so I almost pulled over and told her to get into the car, but then I thought that you would probably have to bail me out of jail when she started running and reported that an old guy try to abduct her. I just didn't know what to do, so I left her there. I still feel bad."

Yeah, hard to think what to do. My husband had to stop running at the local college because he saw a description of a rapist that sounded a little too much like his appearance. :gasp:

I somehow seriously doubt that is going to happen in such a high-profile case. Based on the level of competence and compassion show by the police chief in his press conferences, you can be sure they are going to make sure that every "i" is dotted and every "t" is crossed here.

I just dont understand this level of mistrust where the police is concerned. Keep your nose clean, do what your suppposed to and live a good life and you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

IMO Dreads should have known better than to take an intoxicated underage girl out for a drink to start with. Its been my experience that guys typically dont do that unless they are expecting something in return.And that makes both him and motives suspect in my eyes regardless of race.

There are two sides to this case IMO and they arent black and white. They are right and wrong. If dreads is refusing to talk to the police then he's helping the wrong side.

Wrongful convictions happen even in high profile cases. Case in point the Central Park jogger case. Unless there is hard evidence to support innocence, a defense attorney would probably advise the named POI not to talk to the police.

<modsnip>
the POI quite rightly lawyered up, and will do what his lawyer tells him to do, as anyone who finds themselves involved in a crime situation should.

Quite rightly? I dont recall WG 'lawyering up" or making the police come looking for him for that matter either.

I would call what <modsnip> JM is doing the complete opposite of right.

Unless he has something to hide.

* Her hair, saliva, fingernail?
* Video surveillance tape showing her getting into the car?
* Scent dog indicating her presence in the car?

They did not open the car there. They towed if for processing (to gather evidence). You can't see hair, saliva, or fingernails through the window.
They don't have footage of her getting in the car. The Chief was pleading for people to come forward if they had seen her get in the car.
IIRC, her scent ended at Water Street Garage.

Just a brief aside here:
What IS it, that will get through to these students (female and male), about this high-risk behavior. Like going to and from a party alone at night; drinking until impaired; and all the rest of it.

I am wondering... do I have to be so horrifyingly brutal, and show the young girls in our family, photos of dead bodies? I am so angry and sad, for Hanna and her family. And for BG, if he is wrongly pursued.

Just so terribly frustrating, that this scenario plays out year-after-year. Nearly the same headlines.
Sorry for the rant.

Unfortunately, nothing you can do except educate. People will do what they do.

* Her hair, saliva, fingernail?
* Video surveillance tape showing her getting into the car?
* Scent dog indicating her presence in the car?

* A shoe
* ID, credit card, receipt belonging to her

I agree bakerlady that this is complicated: first man reports what he sees and is a good Samaritan; second man changes course to follow HG - maybe to offer help - but doesn't come forward on his own. Nobody sees HG in his car (at least not that we were told). It's even possible that the first man actually did something to HG -- I am speculating -- and framed JM. Maybe the first man got to HG after they left the bar. That would be complicated -- anything is possible. But, in my opinion, I think LE has the right POI.

There is very likely additional security footage that we don't have access to showing that WG didn't go anywhere with Hannah, and that BG did. There is a REASON the police went to find THAT car. They found things in the car that gave them no doubt Hannah was in that car, which allowed them to search the home. I don't think WG has anything more to do with this case, and I think you are right that LE has the right suspect in their sights.

I haven't talked much with my husband about this case even though he attended UVA and received some email from the school, because he finds my interest in unsolved mysteries to be pretty weird. Even so, last night he spontaneously said, "I saw this dressed up, really drunk female college student, obviously on the way from a party, near <sketchy location> and so I almost pulled over and told her to get into the car, but then I thought that you would probably have to bail me out of jail when she started running and reported that an old guy try to abduct her. I just didn't know what to do, so I left her there. I still feel bad."

So, was this Hannah? Hannah Graham?

She was tracked throughout the area from when she had dinner to Tempo. There's already so much footage showing her movements throughout the evening that it simply makes sense that if she left Tempo on foot, there would be footage. If she was dropped off somewhere, there would be footage. Let him lawyer up fast, and let him go to the police and tell them what happened. He claims that they left Tempo and parted ways. Where's the footage of her after she left Tempo restaurant?

And the footage of him leaving alone as well. I'm so interested in finding out what led LE to his orange car.

OMG! I've been on this site for the past 5 days . . . . . and just the name of the POI released. I know him! He coaches my sons football team! I cannot believe I did not recognize him from the video. I think I just did not even associate him with the potential to commit a crime! He is the nicest, caring, Christian man . . . . . Always helping the boys, encouraging them, as a volunteer.

He cannot be guilty! I need to confirm, but I think he was at football practice the Saturday morning after the incident. I really don't think he is guilty!

Map experts, can someone please post a map with Tempos, Water St garage and LJ's residence marked? I'm curious...

They did not open the car there. They towed if for processing (to gather evidence). You can't see hair, saliva, or fingernails through the window.
They don't have footage of her getting in the car. The Chief was pleading for people to come forward if they had seen her get in the car.

I failed to read "seen in the car", my apology. I think LE didn't have to necessarily see anything in the car if they had witnesses describe the car and that they both were in the bar, and maybe left together. LE hasn't released all they know. They found the car and they found his apartment. IMO

it wasn't that night - it was the next 2 or 3 nights. so someone started off on a rampage on the 13th.

University of Virginia Police Chief Michael Gibson says that a student reported she was sexually assaulted near Wertland street early last Sunday morning, Sept. 14.

Gibson said the second incident occurred early Monday morning, not far away, in the 200 block of 15th Street NW. In that case, the chief says the female victim was a Charlottesville resident

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/19/two-char...orted-same-weekend-hannah-graham-disappeared/

I stopped commenting for six months because of that.. people need to remember opinions are opinions and everyone is entitled to them

Actually, if you've taken the time to read all of these threads, "something" was seen inside or outside of the car that gave them probable cause to search the apartment as well.

The police have not commented any further on it or given any indication what it might have been as of yet.

I just got a little weirded out when I pulled up the POI's FB account and saw that we share a mutual friend. UGH!

There is very likely additional security footage that we don't have access to showing that WG didn't go anywhere with Hannah, and that BG did. There is a REASON the police went to find THAT car. They found things in the car that gave them no doubt Hannah was in that car, which allowed them to search the home. I don't think WG has anything more to do with this case, and I think you are right that LE has the right suspect in their sights.

BBM. I don't think so. I remember Longo said they didn't know if she got in the car, that they took the car to look for evidence that she was there. JMO

I would think that if they had seen something really compelling like blood, they would have had enough to detain him. I don't know. JMO

OMG! I've been on this site for the past 5 days . . . . . and just the name of the POI released. I know him! He coaches my sons football team! I cannot believe I did not recognize him from the video. I think I just did not even associate him with the potential to commit a crime! He is the nicest, caring, Christian man . . . . . Always helping the boys, encouraging them, as a volunteer.

He cannot be guilty! I need to confirm, but I think he was at football practice the Saturday morning after the incident. I really don't think he is guilty!
Very interesting, TCS!! That's kinda kooky... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member