VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh this broadcast is a hot mess. When did news anchors start wearing evening dresses? And they've cued up the wrong image for the mentally ill mother whose kids are missing, showing instead, the sister who is working with her brother to run 185 miles as a fundraiser. And the guy outside the POI's apartment seemed surprised cameras were on him at all. Geesh. Where is the interview with the POI's close associate?

Okay guys I've been gone for a day celebrating my 1 years olds birthday. What did I miss? I'm so tired and I can't read all this right now. Can anyone give me a breakdown or did I not miss anything?

Okay guys I've been gone for a day celebrating my 1 years olds birthday. What did I miss? I'm so tired and I can't read all this right now. Can anyone give me a breakdown or did I not miss anything?

They named the POI. That's really all I know. And that his car/house was searched.

Happy birthday to your baby!!

I know! I am heartbroken about this! I know Coach Matthew and truly cannot believe that he is capable of doing something to anyone!

As I've been following this case for a week, I was convinced by the circumstantial evidence, the media and Chief Longo's appeal to the community that the black guy with dreads did it. . . . . . that was until they released his name and I realized that I know him. I truly cannot believe Coach Matthew had anything to do with this. I am so torn-up about this!

Absolutely. I know there are psychopath killers out there like that. It's just that in all the cases I have followed here at Websleuths, I've only seen one that was like that--where the perp absoultely had NO red flags whatseoever. Every other case the perp had red flags. Weird social media. weird friends. weird behaviors. a criminal record. something! I know it happens the other way, I just think it's less probable. It would be incredible if this turned out to be one of those serial-killer psychopath style cases (especially if MH was connected). But right now, the fact that this POI has so many people (even people here on Websleuths!) who doubt it--well, for me that carries weight--for now--until I hear more evidence of course.

I have seen numerous comments about how unlikely it would be for the dreadlocks guy to put his arm around Hannah if he didn't know her, and in some situations that's correct. However, that time of night, in a "party" atmosphere so to speak, it doesn't surprise me at all. My cousin and I, both white, had two black guys come up to us at a bar we were at one night and they each slid an arm around one of us. We looked at them, surprised, and the one by my cousin leaned in and said, "I just want to bite you..." LOL it was bizarre and we just walked away! We live in a college town with a large student population so I would guess it's similar to Hannah's town and crowd.

They've used dogs, helicopters and today an estimated 1,500 boots on the ground:
For a full week there has been no sign or evidence found to suggest that HG is lost, injured, or deceased within the general City limits of Charlottesville. But, IMO, that detail suggests that she was likely taken away in a vehicle.

Thank you so much!!!

Football on Fox 5 news just ended and the news should be on in a minute or two...

But that's just the thing: AS a general rule, you don't. Innocent people do not "lawyer up" typically. (Sometimes even the guilty don't). In my experience, as an attorney whose law partner is a criminal defense lawyer, innocent people tend to immediately talk, give DNA, give their alibis, etc. It's not until they realize they are being targeted by police or arrested that they realize they should probably get counsel. And this goes for very intelligent people as well.

But I guess that's neither here nor there, as this guy hasn't lawyered up yet, right? And I see that some are saying he's been quiet but do we know that? IF he's not cooperating and talking, that would be a red flag to me. Because it;s not about what we should do. It's about what people tend to do. It's about profiling. (Or trying to!)

I watch too much real crime TV and my best friend is a defense attorney, so although I never have any intention of committing a crime, I wouldn't talk to LE about anything beyond a speeding ticket without at least consulting an attorney first. Maybe I'm just weird.

Gosh this broadcast is a hot mess. When did news anchors start wearing evening dresses? And they've cued up the wrong image for the mentally ill mother whose kids are missing, showing instead, the sister who is working with her brother to run 185 miles as a fundraiser. And the guy outside the POI's apartment seemed surprised cameras were on him at all. Geesh. Where is the interview with the POI's close associate?
Supposedly it will be on after the football game is over tonight. I am waiting too.

I watch too much real crime TV and my best friend is a defense attorney, so although I never have any intention of committing a crime, I wouldn't talk to LE about anything beyond a speeding ticket without at least consulting an attorney first. Maybe I'm just weird.

Yep. I have a JD so maybe that's why, but I wouldn't talk to them without a lawyer if I could afford a lawyer.

Maybe it is just me, but even when I was a senior in college, I could pick out the 18 and 19 year olds. They looked like kids to me...even more so when I was 32. If a person has lived on or near a college campus for a long time, such as a guy who is 32, I would think he has become an expert at picking out underage kids.
I live in a tiny college town, right at the college. I drive through hoards of college kids every time I leave my house. It's so hard to tell ages, especially when you're talking about the difference of just a few years. JMO

She is under the drinking age, but she is not a minor as she is over 18.
These things vary from state to state and also country. For example McDonalds in Spain carries beer and at 18 you are able to drink it. In Virginia from what I have read on our web site you have to be 21 to drink beer and are an adult at 18.

Snipped by me... POI is NOT an OR nurse. He is a person that transfers and moves patients from OR to other areas of the hospital. He does NOT have access to drugs in this position.

Someone else described his job as "Patient Transport" to mean that he's a driver who picks up/drives home disabled people for their hospital appointments.

But, no, he's not an OR nurse.

I live in a tiny college town, right at the college. I drive through hoards of college kids every time I leave my house. It's so hard to tell ages, especially when you're talking about the difference of just a few years. JMO

I'm not that far out of college and they all look like babies to me now, lol.

^^^ This has been my opinion of the "I'm lost" text for awhile now. I don't believe she could have been that unfamiliar with the area after living there for two years as an active part of the student body. In the event she was that confused, there where plenty of people and places along the way for her to get directions. In my opinion she was ditching her friends for a reason.

I for some reason think she may have been saying I am lost...as in she didn't understand something. I only say that because of the way she said "I'm coming to a party....I'm lost" as in she was asking a question. Otherwise why would she say I'm coming to a party instead of I'm going to a party? Just a thought.

Your interpretation makes a lot of sense. I have wondered why she kept circling around and looking.
Her next destination is the downtown mall. Think of that feeling you've had sometime in your life that you're missing the party, the fun. Thus to close the distance she runs for a while and that's what's caught on the Shell video footage.
It's been years since I was an undergrad at Virginia, but if the Preston Ave. area is similar to what it was like around '90, there's no way I would have ever walked that area by myself past midnight. If I were determined I had to make it to the Downtown Mall, I would run, not walk, that stretch that passes over the railroad tracks and doesn't have (m)any businesses open at that hour. Even years ago, we were constantly warned to avoid the railroad tracks, day or night.

I don't think you are at all. One of my best friends is LE, and he would be the first to tell me to shut up and get a lawyer before answering any questions.

I have seen numerous comments about how unlikely it would be for the dreadlocks guy to put his arm around Hannah if he didn't know her, and in some situations that's correct. However, that time of night, in a "party" atmosphere so to speak, it doesn't surprise me at all. My cousin and I, both white, had two black guys come up to us at a bar we were at one night and they each slid an arm around one of us. We looked at them, surprised, and the one by my cousin leaned in and said, "I just want to bite you..." LOL it was bizarre and we just walked away! We live in a college town with a large student population so I would guess it's similar to Hannah's town and crowd.

Another thing that made me wonder if she had been sniffling/crying. Not that I would feel it was appropriate for a stranger to touch me if I was crying but I think guys love to take advantage of a distraught girl by 'comforting' her.

(This is just my opinion and not meant to start a rumor. There has been no source saying Hannah was crying. Just WG stating she seemed 'physically distressed'.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove