VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to sounds really, really weird. After watching all the videos of her walking and being alone so much of the evening, I have to pose this question. Is there any way possible she could have some type of exercise disorder? It almost looks like she is wearing running type shoes in some of the videos I watched. I knew girls in college that would go out walking at midnight after a night on the town as to not feel fat after drinking all night. I know it is weird. I just wonder if she left after Tempo's and continued her exercising and then was snatched by someone else? Sorry, i know this is weird and disrespectful.

Brilliant. Had not considered this.

I'm still catching up tonight...but just have a few things to add as I read through the past few hours of replies.

1. According to the Richmond Times Dispatch, the C'ville PD has confirmed and named him as the POI http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/police-confirm-person-of-interest-s-name-in-hannah-graham/article_33dd20b8-411c-11e4-994a-0017a43b2370.html

Not sure if this means that we can sleuth him (can't remember if they have to be named as a suspect or just a POI), but I did look up his info in the C'ville and Albermarle judicial case searches. Be careful before posting anything about what you believe to be his criminal record because it looks like there are a few others with similar names (DOB will help you to weed them out) who have much more contact with the PD than the POI. POI has mostly just traffic infractions, from what I can tell. The 'worse' stuff isn't him.

2. In looking at what we can see of his FB page, his friends seem like a bunch of very 'normal' people. Most seem to be smiling young clean cut couples, young families, etc. I just think back to some of the creeps like the couple who kidnapped the Amish girls and some of the others. A lot of times these people have friends who look creepy. This guy doesn't.

3. For those of you who have commented about him possibly having access to non-street meds/drugs, if you have ever worked in a hospital, you will know that the chances of that are slim to none. This guy appears to have been a patient transporter. Docs, RNs, pharmacists, pharmacy techs, etc. don't even have uncontrolled access to these things. There are many controls and checks and balances put in place -- even in community hospitals, let alone a large, regional medical center like the UVA hospital. I don't think that line of thinking is a very viable one. Every time an employee comes in touch with a drug, that contact is documented electronically and discrepancies do not go unnoticed. They are big deals in hospitals. Very big deals.

I just think we have to be careful in rushing to judgment and throwing this guy under the bus too soon. I may eat these words, but I found WG to be far creepier than DLG from the get go. Just the posture and the stance of WG and the fact that he was skulking in the doorways. Women obviously don't find POI guy too creepy (IMO) based on the fact that the women high fived him and the fact that he has lots of FB friends who seem like very non creepy women.

While I believe that a crime may have been committed -- a part of me still think that maybe she was a victim of her own circumstances that night. Possibly fell and hit her head, disoriented near the RR tracks or water, etc. It sounds awful to say that I hope that is what happened, but what I mean is that IF something happened to her, I hope it wasn't a crime. Hope that makes sense.

Interesting.

I hadnt considered the phraseology before. Ive been a driver for most of my adult life so my text would have read "going to a party" since it would involve some work (driving) getting there.

"Coming" does seem to imply that someone is 'bringing' her there.

Excellent insight, Evie Ivy Over!

Thank you! I am waiting for my son to come home tonight to ask him if Coach Matthew was at practice on the saturday morning following the incident. They practice on Saturdays very early in the morning (before it gets hot) and the coaches arrive even earlier. If Coach Matthew WAS at practice early Saturday morning, I would have an even harder time believing he had anything to do with this case. . . . . . especially, since it is not a big deal if the volunteer coaches miss practice. Coach Matthew has missed in the past when he has had to work, and there were no repercussions. So, if something DID happen Friday night and he WAS involved, he could have missed practice with no one really caring. . . . . . which makes me think that if he WAS at practice, there is less reason to think he was involved. I am soooo torn-up about this! I am just waiting for my son to come home and talk to me.

@TrueCrimeSleuth-- if it turns out that you do believe you saw JM at the football practice Saturday morning, please contact LE. They will be very interested to talk to anyone who saw JM just hours after Hannah disappeared.

Unrelated-- I have had this gut feeling that perhaps Hannah was sniffling/softly crying while walking around the mall area. Possibly out of frustration if she was feeling lost. IMO, that would explain why WG felt she was physically distressed and was prompted to follow her and also perhaps why JM noticed her from across the grassy area and went to catch up to her. I am not totally sure whether either of these men had good intentions or bad at this point... but her showing vulnerability like that would certainly attract both white knights and predators.

She would use "coming" if she was asked by someone at party where she was...and "a" party could have been a typo or autocorrect, if she typed "tah" or something for "the". I think she was in control of her phone at 1:20am. Jmo
Again, we do not know correct, accurate wording used in her text.

Interesting.

I hadnt considered the phraseology before. Ive been a driver for most of my adult life so my text would have read "going to a party" since it would involve some work (driving) getting there.

"Coming" does seem to imply that someone is "bringing" her there.

Yes, it also implies an understood "we" in my opinion.

One more commonality in the disappearance of all of the women from C'ville. They all have occurred in the fall months. Is it because there are more potential victims (new students?) in the fall? Or something else, I wonder... That's just something that struck me.

OMG, rode the bus with him in middle school? Hasn't seen him in 13-14 YEARS? WTF. Where did they find this guy? I'm about to throw my computer out the window. I hope the anchor has a good time at her wedding tonight.

OMG you have me busting over here.They will drag anybody in their studio.Next will be his 2nd grade teacher.

I believe some of the charges dug up today were for his father, so use caution, including the traffic ones on 9/18/14 as far as I know.

Yes. Use caution because often cord records end up with various name spellings and not all condensed under the same person. Cop misspells name, person misspells name because they're drunk, they have an alias, magistrate misspells, etc. A criminal record/background check would likely include everything, but court records can get confusing and be the wrong person or the right person but spelled slightly wrong.

Did anyone in that black car talk to her. That is why she stopped right there on the corner. Right at the beginning of the video.

Thank you! I am waiting for my son to come home tonight to ask him if Coach Matthew was at practice on the saturday morning following the incident. They practice on Saturdays very early in the morning (before it gets hot) and the coaches arrive even earlier. If Coach Matthew WAS at practice early Saturday morning, I would have an even harder time believing he had anything to do with this case. . . . . . especially, since it is not a big deal if the volunteer coaches miss practice. Coach Matthew has missed in the past when he has had to work, and there were no repercussions. So, if something DID happen Friday night and he WAS involved, he could have missed practice with no one really caring. . . . . . which makes me think that if he WAS at practice, there is less reason to think he was involved. I am soooo torn-up about this! I am just waiting for my son to come home and talk to me.

Text your son, lol

I'm new to WS and this is my first comment. I work at the hospital where POI works and know people who have trained him and worked closely with him. He used to work in patient transportation but now works in the OR's as a person who helps to move patients in the OR and help position pt's for surgery. He would potentially have access to drugs in the OR's- not super easily but it would be possible. I really only had peripheral contact with him but found him to be polite and not inappropriate although I have heard that the way he looked a women made some of the other male techs uncomfortable- they thought it was over the top for work I think. Also, I know at least one woman who has worked near/around him found him to be creepy in that he was sort of seemingly unaware of personal space and boundaries. Not sure that that is really incriminating though. Haven't heard that he didn't show up for work as scheduled except for on Friday when they executed the search warrant at his apartment.
I agree that the story doesn't make sense. I have also heard he has/had a long-term girlfriend and seemed to have gotten his life relatively together- was volunteering as an assistant coach for the football team at a local Christian school and had a good job, having worked his way up a bit. The video shows his behavior to be suspicious though and if his motives were good he would have tried in some way to help HG and would be willing to discuss that with police. His behavior that night and his public persona do not match, which gives me the creeps. If he was really who he portrays himself to be publicly and did not do her harm, he would have come forward to help. This leads me to believe that he is not who he seems to be outwardly.

Please let us know what you find out if you don't mind, but of course after you call the tip line.

I thought the way the POI is walking on one side, seemingly disinterested, and then coming over to the other side and has his hands on her, is pretty creepy.

He's not hanging out with Men with the early morning, just saying.

It must be so shocking for you!

I am still perplexed about why a neighbor supposedly stated that they didn't think he worked. I imagined a bum wasting all day in his apartment. It sounds like he actually was out and about a lot.. working at the hospital, volunteer coaching football a few times a week. That's what I get for lending any credence to a statement from someone who doesn't know him well.

Can't wait to hear what your son has to say.

Is this a HS team? A parks & Rec team?

Because the instinct of a normal, innocent person is to do what ever they can to help find someone who is lost or assist someone who is injured. Regardless of race or history. It is typical for innocent people to come forward immediately and have themselves ruled out with polygraphs, etc. IMO.

I think an innocent person would refuse to come forward if they're cynical. I've never been in trouble with the law, aside from a speeding ticket in 2002, but there's no way I'll ever come forward and talk to the police about any felony crime if it looks like it could somehow be pinned on me. Take polygraphs, for example. Innocent people sometimes fail polygraphs. That makes them look even more guilty. But if they pass a polygraph, it still doesn't necessarily clear them, since guilty people sometimes pass polygraphs. And I'm not even black. If I was black, being called a "" and "guilty as Hell" on Websleuths and elsewhere, in addition to being painted as a career criminal by the police chief based on my 2002 speeding ticket, I'd probably just clam up, go hide at granny's, change my photo to a black rectangle, etc.

Is there any way possible she could have some type of exercise disorder? It almost looks like she is wearing running type shoes in some of the videos I watched.

Her shoes were discussed a few pages...or threads, not sure....back. People in the know said those Keds type of shoes are popular right now. Yes, even to wear out to parties. :)

Excellent insight!

"Coming to a Party."

Since we never did get an exact transcript I am thinking it is possible that it says
"Coming to party". As in :
Text to Hannah - where are u are you still up for 2nite
Answer from Hannah: "coming to party!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads