VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerous territory here but I can't read back

What ever happened to bald black guy with goatee?

He just moved into the same category as a Sasquatch............we hear they exists......but nobody can prove it......

Let me ask you this.....If this was your daughter, how would you feel? Would you want someone who was the last person to be in contact with the daughter you gave birth to remain silent? If he were my son, I would my son he would have had those conversations with the police day 1. May this never happen again, but unfortunately it will.

This is why victims family members are not in charge of investigations. If JM was my son, I would tell him not to say a word without a lawyer. It is what I was taught, by my family, who is full of LE.

Coy Barefoot @coybarefoot · 19m
#BREAKING #HannahGraham sources tell me police now in negotiations to arrange for Jesse Matthew to turn himself in #Happeningnow

Coy Barefoot @coybarefoot · 18m
According to Chief Longo, Matthew is wanted at this time on two Class 1 misdemeanor warrants for reckless driving, which occurred late

Coy Barefoot
‏@coybarefoot
yesterday (Saturday 20th) afternoon as he eluded police. It is unconfirmed at this time but he may also be arrested for additional

charges related to buying/serving alcohol to someone who is under-aged (possibly #HannahGraham night she disappeared)

Re: buying alcohol for someone underage. Must mean he got liquor to qo..otherwise, wouldn't the bar be the responsible party? I thought before they found multiple drinks in the car, which was the basis for the warrant.

But seriously

We have an eye witness that so many people thought was creepy and responsible who gave a description of hannah leaving with a big bald goateed guy

What happened to him?
I am very confused
The guy that everyone now believes is responsible can not possibly be confused with the other guy

What have I missed?

No, Police should try and find evidence. That is their job. Their job is not to vilify someone for using their right to remain silent.

And they are trying to find evidence. They aren't vilifying him. They are telling the public where they are at this point in the case. The facts are that he was the last person seen with Hannah and now he's choosing not to help the police. Where does it say that the police need to be happy about someone refusing to talk to them?

But seriously

We have an eye witness that so many people thought was creepy and responsible who gave a description of hannah leaving with a big bald goateed guy

What happened to him?
I am very confused
The guy that everyone now believes is responsible can not possibly be confused with the other guy

What have I missed?

LE is in a tough spot. They need to mover quickly and aggressively, given that this is a missing young woman case with a good chance that foul play may be involved. Yet, they have to play by the rules and anyone who come up as a POI has to be given his rights. LE, in such cases, try to give out as little info as possible, yet as much as they can to get people to step forward to give more info. It's a delicate balance.

My guess is that they have video footage of JM with Hannah to a point, but then that's it and it's not enough to hold JM as a suspect. We don't know what LE said to JM, or what JM told LE. The report that he had drinks with Hannah and they then went separate ways is not attributed to JM by LE, but by a news source who says his grandmother said this. Whether that is indeed what he told his grandmother or if it came from someone else who told the grandmother we don't know. This can be 3rd or 4th hand info. All we know is that there is not enough evidence to book JM, but enough to make LE suspicious of him.
I would be very curious to know if either of the two heavy-set women who acknowledged him on the video have been interviewed by LE or have voluntarily called in any information they might have. I wonder if they even live in the C-ville area.

One thing I do agree with LE about from today...they had better hope they get some evidence from forensics. Right now I feel like I am watching some badly scripted movie, or the beginnings of a reenactment of how an innocent person was convicted. NOT saying JM is innocent-how would I know- but I am not liking how this case is being handled at all, and hope they do not end up with a dead suspect.

I think LE should elaborate a little on why this case is not likely to be connected to the other two assaults, and also, what they did to basically clear WG. All I am seeing so far is full steam ahead against JM, with little or no consideration for other possibilities.

How is that possible?

How is it possible that someone (I'm guessing the bartender/server) told LE that JM bought alcohol for himself and Hannah, who is under the legal age to buy/consume booze?

I have been following this closely and have so many big questions:
+ why was she so disoriented in areas she should have know fairly well? (Bad interaction with prescription meds?)
+ why was she wandering the downtown mall alone?
+ why did she never go up to anybody to explain she's lost/ ask for help there were clearly so many people out that night?
+ why was creepy white dude never a focus? Behavior so disturbing?
+ why would she go out to drinks with some guy who comes up out of nowhere and puts his arm around her?
+ why would she or someone else send that text?
I know these are questions we are all asking. I just cannot figure them out at all.

No one knows for sure. She appears to be disoriented and the reports indicate that she was not acting "normally". So the guess is that she had taken something--what she took, whether it was drugs, alcohol, we do not know. She was lost, had her bearing backwards being on the opposite side of where she was heading. Why she did not ask anyone for directions, at a store, for example, no one really knows. She might have been too mixed up for whatever reason to do so. It appears that she was "picked up" by JM, who got her to sit down for a drink with him at the Temp bar. Yes, there are those out there who like to pick up disoriented, drunk, helpless, confused people and try to take advantage of them. It appears JM was doing just that. Not a crime. That he bought her a drink when she was underage is the only rule he broke doing that, and unless she had convincing fake ID, the bar tender is at risk as well, unless the drink was specified for JM and then slipped over to Hannah.

The reason I get that JM is uder focus is because he was identified to be with Hannah at a time that is after her last sighting from anyone else or on video. How JM's car was brought into the picture, I don't know. The text? Don't know whether she or someone else sent it. Do the police have her cell phone? Is it an iphone? Can they trace her movements from the phone--Iphones have tracking in them.

The warrent could be out for JM for getting a drink for an underage person and/or for speeding/reckless driving when he left the police. Seems a bit early for evidence from the car and apt if it was sent to forensics, but possible something came back tying him to the car which is tied to Hannah.

I am pages behind still, so I apologize if this has been discussed, but I am watching the presser once more and I clearly hear Longo say he believes Hannah left FELLINI's with JM. Did he just say it wrong, or did I miss something and they were together earlier in the night? He must have meant to say Tempo, but it was really odd!!

Coy Barefoot @coybarefoot · 19m
#BREAKING #HannahGraham sources tell me police now in negotiations to arrange for Jesse Matthew to turn himself in #Happeningnow

According to Chief Longo, Matthew is wanted at this time on two Class 1 misdemeanor warrants for reckless driving, which occurred late

Coy Barefoot
‏@coybarefoot
yesterday (Saturday 20th) afternoon as he eluded police. It is unconfirmed at this time but he may also be arrested for additional

charges related to buying/serving alcohol to someone who is under-aged (possibly #HannahGraham night she disappeared)

Re: buying alcohol for someone underage. Must mean he got liquor to qo..otherwise, wouldn't the bar be the responsible party? I thought before they found multiple drinks in the car, which was the basis for the warrant.

BBM

Where did you see that?

in virginia on premise abc laws allow liquor and beer to be sold until 2am. off premises liquor is sold until 9pm on friday nights and beer is sold until 12pm. liquor can only be purchased off premises at a certified virginia abc store (government facilitated and regulated.)

Let me ask you this.....If this was your daughter, how would you feel? Would you want someone who was the last person to be in contact with the daughter you gave birth to remain silent? If he were my son, I would my son he would have had those conversations with the police day 1. May this never happen again, but unfortunately it will.

It is interesting how different perspectives can be. My sons would not be speaking to police in this situation.

More random thoughts...it seems JM has already lied to police about HG being in his car. Sounds like they have evidence that she was in car (hence warrant to search car and apartment)...so if he lied about that, sounds like he may not want to speak to police for a good reason.

Lets see....Guy goes out, has a drink with girl (Do we know he knew how old she was?), and they go their separate ways as most people do after having a drink. Guy then has car taken by police, who are insinuating to the media he has more to do with the case than he does, feels he has a reputation to protect so he wants a lawyer. It really isn't a mystery, is it?

I heard somebody say on a page of this thread that the mall area was a place where mainly locals hang out (although I could be remembering incorrectly) so maybe he assumed she was of age.. We know she is 18, but we have no real way to claim he did. I agree with your stance. You aren't saying he is innocent but we have protections and rights for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773