VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we know if he was active on FB this month? I looked at his profile before he made the recent changes and it was pretty locked down and I could not see his posts or any photo other than his profile pic.

I know plenty of people who only log on once or twice a month if that.

Also I noticed most of his friends are not from Charlottesville. I find it puzzling that he grew up in town and only has a handful of locals on his friends list....no high school chums? No family other than a sister....I just get the vibe he did not have many close friends on FB. But then again, what do I know?

I was speaking more hypothetically in reference to what someone else said about him being active on Facebook and how if so I didn't think it likely he would not have seen something..I honestly have not even looked at his Facebook page myself..

I'm not sold on JM as the perp at this point. JMs behavior is in line with many of the "creepers" I noticed back in my undergrad day. These are older than college age townie guys who hang out in college bars looking to take home a girl who had a few too many.

Say JM took her back and had boarderline non consensual sex with her. This would explain physical evidence and JM keeping his mouth closed. This does not mean he did it.

Hannah could have woke up from JMs place disoriented, and left the apartment quietly in the wee hours in the morning. 3-4am. This would be the time she was taken by an experienced criminal, especially with the MO/victim matching past crimes in town.

And what would be the problem with telling LE that? Why the silence?

Why are we not being asked to look for Jesse's car? I've heard his car was given back to him already, and I've also heard that he is driving a different car. If they have a warrant for his arrest but they simply can't find him, why isn't LE calling on us to report sightings of him with a description of the car he is driving?

Why are we not being asked to look for Jesse's car? I've heard his car was given back to him already, and I've also heard that he is driving a different car. If they have a warrant for his arrest but they simply can't find him, why isn't LE calling on us to report sightings of him with a description of the car he is driving?

They did release pictures of his car, I believe.

Hmmm I didn't hear they gave him back his car. I did read here that someone said he arrived at the police station with a family member, in their car. But that may be completely wrong.

But murderers seldom want to turn themselves in, unless it was self-defense or a crime of passion. I do not understand why people think he would help police if he is the perp. If he went to the trouble of hiding her body, he is not going to confess. Not now, maybe a year from now if it comes down to the death penalty. But he will have nothing useful or truthful to say to LE now, if guilty. They have to find evidence such as where he was, who he called, pings, video, etc, old-fashioned police work, in a way. If anything, he will try to throw them off, if he does speak to them. So waiting for him to talk is fruitless, Imo, if he is as guilty as Longo thinks he is. They need to investigate him, as well as any other possible perps. He is not going to help, Imo. I think that much is clear, and guilty or innocent, he is not legally obliged to do so. If he killed Hannah,he is not concerned about her parents. Jmo

If he is the perp, he won't want to help. Exactly. His silence seems to be very telling. But there are people here on WS who think that he should remain silent even if he has nothing to hide. And I disagree with that. Anything that can help Hannah is paramount to the feelings of a POI. And if her death was accidental, yes I think he should tell where she is and give this family some peace.

LOL

This made me laugh! My DD starts out with a decent looking car and in a year or two they look about like his. Right now she is driving a used neon in better shape then this guys because her car ,with the crushed front end where she hit a truck and smashed side where her b/f backed into the side of her , will no longer start with her tweezers....

I am sorry... But this made me totally laugh out loud...:silly:

I had to share it with my DH... Because we have a DD that must be a twin of your DD from a different mother...

*** Clue goes back to sleuthing.... Giggling.... Tweezers.... :giggle:...***

If he is the perp, he won't want to help. Exactly. His silence seems to be very telling. But there are people here on WS who think that he should remain silent even if he has nothing to hide. And I disagree with that. Anything that can help Hannah is paramount to the feelings of a POI. And if her death was accidental, yes I think he should tell where she is and give this family some peace.

Perhaps he is also involved but not directly responsible, but the perp knows his family and has already threatened JM if he talks?

And what would be the problem with telling LE that? Why the silence?

Because he may be guilty. If so, why would he help police convict him?
Or because he is scared; it was alleged he may have a slight mental disability, not sure if true. That might explain his behavior today though. Jmo

(snipped by me)

If he is innocent then there should be something that can back up his alibi (like his roommates or other people, receipts, video or events that can prove he was not with Hannah after the time he claims that he parted ways with her. He could have saved LE thousands of hours of work looking and searching for her. But instead, he stays silent until they find him and then he clams up and then flees.

If he really wants her to be found then WHY would he not talk with the cops? If he knows that he left her in good health and unharmed, then there should be further proof of that. But instead, meets up with him and her trail goes cold there. Then from there on out, he has acted with a man who has a ot to hide, not an innocent man who knows he has done no wrong.

I have been thinking about the stance that a lot of folks here have taken about "if he has nothing to hide, why not talk to the cops" and "if he doesn't have an alibi, he must be guilty".

I am a middle aged+ school teacher with a squeaky clean record and a child who is an attorney. I don't even drink or smoke, I certainly don't do drugs, and, truly -- I have nothing to hide. The most I have ever had over the past 35+ adult years has been a speeding ticket here and there -- and then, only a few miles over -- not reckless driving, not anything big. Maybe it's because my child is an attorney and I have a different perspective than some, but I would never speak with LE without being "lawyered up". Heck, my child has told me never to even let cops search your car -- even with nothing to hide -- without a warrant. You know, how they say, "Do you mind if I take a peek inside?" Don't ever let them without a warrant is what my child has told me. Just for my own protection.

Now...let's take a look at our POI. If cops came bursting into my house, seized my car, and started combing through my things and taking bags full of stuff out of the house, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd not be talking to them without a lawyer present. From what we know, he went to the PD to talk to them about getting a lawyer and then he sped off and did the reckless driving thing. Was that the smartest thing to do? Ummm...no. Maybe his lawyer said -- yes, they can follow you and tail you right now as a POI, BUT you don't have to talk to them without an attorney present and, as of right now (at least until the reckless driving thing) you haven't committed a crime, so there is nothing to hold you on.

Several folks -- can't remember if it was here or on Parker Slaybaugh's page -- have said that they saw his speeding away as kind of saying "Eff you" to Longo. They are probably right. I hope that I don't ever know what it is like to be tailed by someone constantly -- but I'm sure that it puts a lot of pressure on a person (as is the plan), guilty or not. They may have been hoping to put pressure on him in a different way, but, in my opinion, anyway, it backfired. Big time.

However, I don't believe that they don't know where he is. I believe that they are being coy and probably know exactly where he is and are hoping that he will lead them to something/someone that is pertinent to this case. JMO.

Now...to the whole "if he doesn't have an alibi, he must be guilty" line of thinking. Like I've said, before, I am a squeaky clean law abiding citizen -- but if I needed an alibi for my whereabouts in the middle of the night on most nights, I'd not have one.

I live alone out in the country in the woods and I'm a homebody. I don't believe that there is anyone who could confirm my whereabouts from 4 p.m. yesterday until right now, as I have been here by myself working on things around the house and yard. That's 32 hours, folks. I, actually, wouldn't have an alibi most weeknight evenings from the time I get home until the time I get to work in the morning. It doesn't mean that I have been doing crimes at night -- it just means that I don't have an alibi.

It's even worse in the summer. I like to travel solo doing wilderness hikes, camping trips, etc. with my dogs. When I am out in the woods in the summer, my family doesn't hear for me sometimes for more than a week at a time because most of the time, where I go, cell phones don't work. It's just the way things are. When I get back to civilization, I let them know and we're back in communication. No cc cameras, no cell phone, no receipts, no credit cards, no social media for days at a time.

So...to imply that just because someone doesn't have an alibi at 2 or 3 a.m. that they must be guilty is really rather ludicrous in my opinion. A lot of single people won't have an alibi. It certainly doesn't make us criminals or guilty of anything but living a quiet life.

Just my two cents for what they're worth.

Because he may be guilty. If so, why would he help police convict him?
Or because he is scared; it was alleged he may have a slight mental disability, not sure if true. That might explain his behavior today though. Jmo

Also it would an ideal world if all of the killers would come forward and tell families where their victims are, but it will never happen.

If somebody did that, we probably wouldn't know about it. In fact, if the tip was anonymous, LE wouldn't even know about it. Wouldn't know where it came from, I mean.

It wouldn't matter who it came from, it would be a place to focus the search and the investigation. Who it came from would be irrelevant at this point if it led to information on where she could be seen on video at a later time frame.

Amen to that...even if it is thru a lawyer and he is innocent then why not speak up ASAP to help Hannah or help find Hannah??! What do you have to lose if you are truly innocent and just tell what you know? If you do and police don't think it's good enough that's a different story but that is not the case according to what we have been told..if he has told LE what he knows then they would not sound so desperate to talk to him again..they have made it clear he has not told them what transpired that night..

I was watching the McGrady Security Camera video again.

Hannah actually comes in from the direction she should be headed, if she was trying to go to the university, which is really sad. She somehow went the wrong way after the party, and was finally heading the correct way home.
Considering the length of time that passes between leaving the party and being filmed here, finally heading the right direction, she seems to have spent 40+ minutes already walking around trying to get properly oriented.

She then goes off camera for about 2 minutes. And you can see that group of three guys clearly watching her. A guy in a black shirt leans way forward and his *advertiser censored* is hovering off the seat as he strains forward and crooks his head to watch, another guy is holding his arm out and points a couple times with his finger. Is he providing her with directions?

She comes back into the frame way at the bottom, and I believe she walks through a narrow sidewalk and down some concrete steps between the outdoor patio garden and the building, She is now going the wrong way, which is when she shows up on the Shell Video etc.

So, I have to wonder, had she walked passed the Shell already? Why was she coming from that direction?

I could be crazy, but if you keep watching, I then think way in the distance she crosses that divided street. And I think she talks to a car that pulls over!

When I looked at the maps again, It seems like it is possible that when she left the party she took could have taken quite a few wrong turns and ended up on a number of streets that have a seemingly familiar name, but continue to take her the wrong way, because their name changes. Look how many Rugby's there are.

Also after looking at McGradys on Google Maps street view, I'm not even sure she was stumbling from being really inebriated If you look at how high that patio is, and how crazy steep the mound is that it is on and how the sidewalks drop off to the road, it seems like it would be peculiar for everybody to walk on, especially if it is not well lit.

I think she ventures off camera for so long because she is walking down to look at street signs, and they are pointing out her behavior to each other.

I know it has also been mentioned by so many people that, one guy from the group then gets up and walks off the patio.

But nobody has mentioned that in this video that she is initially heading the correct way to go home.

Did anybody else think this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy43pVr2Ixw#t=26

We don't know for a fact he knew Hannah had gone missing or that he was on video. The person here who knows him apparently had no idea it was him, IIRC. Maybe he did not see or hear about it, or know it was Hannah, if he did.

I guess he didn't ask for her phone number for another date then...

:waitasec:

Perhaps it should not, but it does. You have the right to remain silent, but it's a red flag that can be used against you in a jury of your peers.

Great point! The court of public opinion can be just as damning as any court room.

OJ Simpson is a great example. He may not have been convicted for murder but there aren't many Americans who believe he's innocent of the crime.

Yeah, That explains why POI isnt talking.

Truth be told had Randy Kept his trap shut he might not have been convicted ,but he kept lying over and over so the finger nail they found INBEDDED in his carpet with the bloody shirt and pieces of her hair and his lies didnt make any other since other than he murdered her. Ya know since she hasnt came back to her super awsome family.

Shudder to think if he had "kept his trap shut", as you say. He might still be free to take someone else's daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee