GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also snipped from the police report

...At 0022 hours, Deputy Scruggs and I also conducted a search of the residence at 13407 Old River Drive which was also one of the homes Mrs. Carter was supposed to be showing on 09/25/14.

(there's a contradiction here between police report and what is being reportedly said by executive vice president at Crye-Leike, told Inman News. Perhaps it's just a (-nother) case of broken telephono sts)

Just saying...

As I understand it, she had a referral for this cash buyer. She was supposed to show two homes on Old River Drive, 14202 and 13407. Then, this buyer was supposed to see a home on Kerr Road, not far from Old River as the crow flies. They know she didn't show the Kerr Road address because it has the kind of lock you open with your cell phone and there would be a record if she did. Waiting until 8 or 8:30 to get worried doesn't seem strange to me as far as Mr. Carter's actions. She's a grown woman, an experienced RE broker/agent. She was supposed to show the buyer these three properties and then stop and bring supper home to her husband. It would be natural for him to go looking in the first place she was supposed to have gone, which was Old River Road. Last night, he mentioned that her cell phone was set to sync with her ipad and he was heading home to check on that.

If she was planning on showing a couple of houses AFTER the Old River house...

then why was the husband alerted/concerned with her not arriving home so early?

:waitasec:

Small area and 2-3 homes shouldn't take anywhere that long unless they were needing to write an offer. And it's not like an exclusive area with homes that are 5000 sq ft etc and so a lot to show.

Heck, I've gone with realtors to dozens of homes in a far bigger area in 2 hours.

And as she let him know when she was going to that showing, and then he didn't hear from her again, I'd guess the fact that she never called and said she was headed to another property also probably factored in.

She was supposed to be bringing dinner home, and so her not having arrived with that would likely also play a part.

Unless the other homes were also foreclosures, you'd also have the issue of it being both dinner time and families getting home from work and school, and nightly routines. Showing homes at that time is typically far more the exception than the norm - especially since then she'd also be out in the dark alone, and I suspect that isn't likely to be her norm either.

I actually think there were a whole lot of things that could be very quick red flags to him that something was wrong.

To me that assessment would depend on the kind of shorts. If the shorts were long (as in, to the knee) I don't think that would be showing a lot of leg, nor do I think it would be any kind of invitation. 'Booty shorts' on the other hand is an entirely different story ....
I'm picturing shorts at least to the knees and not a denim like fabric either.
I was responding to the pic someone linked to showing 3 runway models wearing suit jackets with mid thigh shorts. A lot of people thought they looked professional, and I stated IMO that it was too provocative for business.
Have you seen any woman wearing shorts to the knees, ever?

Two more showings after the 5:30pm one? If she was showing homes to different clients, I'm sure they would have notified LE or the realty company to say that she never showed up. I'm not sure if that information would have been made public but LE can assume that the showings would have been with the same person if others haven't come forward.

Sorry I haven't read all MSM so who mentioned 2 more showings?

http://www.trendmls.com/Guest/News/I...InmanId=124488

"Carter, 49, was set to show two other properties that day, but never made her next appointments, Steve Brown, executive vice president at Crye-Leike, told Inman News."

Two more showings after the 5:30pm one? If she was showing homes to different clients, I'm sure they would have notified LE or the realty company to say that she never showed up. I'm not sure if that information would have been made public but LE can assume that the showings would have been with the same person if others haven't come forward.

Sorry I haven't read all MSM so who mentioned 2 more showings?

Unless the other two homes were also vacant. Perhaps the "buyer" insisted he/she required a quick possession (the best type of buyer), and that would disqualify most owner occupied homes.

How did the detectives know she was supposed to show the other property that they searched? Her husband would have had to tell them. Maybe he just started out at the first property and was going to go to the next one if he found nothing there when he was looking for his wife?

The agency seems to have known what she was intending to search. The mention of two additional properties after that came from the agency.

http://www.trendmls.com/Guest/News/I...InmanId=124488
"Carter, 49, was set to show two other properties that day, but never made her next appointments, Steve Brown, executive vice president at Crye-Leike, told Inman News."

And since he knew the first one she was going to and never heard from her or got an indication from her that she was moving on to the next property, he started with the last place she said she was.

And I'm sure her car sitting out there made it apparent she had likely not left there.

The problem is everyone knows where she was going but no one knows who she was meeting. If this was a referral surely there is some contact info on file.

Well its pretty ****** who ever was texting from her phone around midnight from her phone. Her husband had already reported her missing. Imagine how the poor guy felt when he had calls coming in from her phone?

https://www.facebook.com/forbidden.hillcrest

comment from long time friend, SG, says she was showing the house to a couple from Russellville and they had called on Wed. Of course someone could make up a story on who they were (wife and I) location etc. This makes it sound like it was no one that she knew.

https://www.facebook.com/forbidden.hillcrest

comment from long time friend, SG, says she was showing the house to a couple from Russellville and they had called on Wed. Of course someone could make up a story on who they were (wife and I) location etc. This makes it sound like it was no one that she knew.
I wonder if they asked for Beverly when they called?

No, I've read the whole thread. There have definitely been comments about her showing skin and that "not all men are gentlemen". I'm still not sure how wearing bermuda shorts doesn't "fit the rest of the story". What's the rest of the story?

I cant figure out a motive other than she is a beautiful woman and someone became infatuated with her. Its crossed by mind that this could have been a man and woman team but I cant find a logical motive for that.

If she's not dressed in the manner she normally is when she shows homes that's a detail that should be mentioned.

If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen. Ain't nobody got time for hurt feelings..

Not necessarily married for that long, just together for that long, right? But then again if the child is 33, that still makes her a mighty young momma.
Someone commented on one of the news articles that they had been together since they were teenagers and very much in love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member