Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you run that a little further south to around Coversville?

It's COVESville, not Coversville. Sorry, but wanted to make sure oxenrider doesn't enter the wrong name. I know, because I grew up near there. I also know there are lots and lots of cedar trees found along fence lines, where birds poop out the seeds that then grow into trees that animals don't like. What I wanted to know was what Foxfire knew about the religious significance. I am unaware of what this would mean and would like his expertise to explain to me why searchers should possibly look for massive old cedar trees near the place where a SK would lay a body to rest.

Thanks in advance, again.

Unreal! Vomit!

IK is a good name for him.

We know JLM is a chameleon.

Could he have pretended reading issues to get attention?

With PL 94-142 the education law that deals with students with special needs, a special needs student gets education through age 21. I wonder if he had an IEP

I wonder if he got some kind of help with studies in college. He lasted a long time there if he did have reading issues.

If he had reading issues, that would limit his searching of SK. But if he was faking for attention, then it is possible.

How clever is he with his hiding places?

Sorry for not looking it up, but there was an interview showing the back of one of his former college classmates who helped him with his studies. This was early on, I imagine when most who knew him were in disbelief. She was concerned that he may have been influenced badly, but that in short, based on his lack of comprehension, childlike handwriting and simple seeming nature, that she could not believe the news of him to be real. My first thought, at the time, was a sarcastic 'just how dumb do you think he'd play to spend more time with her.'

Then I imagined all the ploys he may have had at his disposal at any given time in any given situation. It seemed he may have been very capable and aware of how to play situations and people - viscerally. Like, he got it, but was too aberrant to know how to respond without seeming odd. At some point in his life he may have learned getting by in a way to feed his nature by hiding what he truly was without fail. When and where that happened may be key.

Maybe that's why, besides some cryptic posts, there's been no information from those who may have had a precise, personal, notion of how JM disposed of the young women he raped and murdered. It has to be so hard to be the one who may have realized that they have the knowledge it may take to find them. The one who spent enough time with him, the one who feels more loyalty to an SK, then themselves and people all around them, may find it hard to admit to themselves and others, that key piece of information. I hope they find the courage to help.

Foxfire:
There is not a more private setting for a serial killer to dispose of a body at night than a rural church cemetery, imo. Good Jesse was very religious, imo. There is likely a religious connection to the aftermath of his kills as indicated by the large cedar tree<not a coincidence, imo> where MH's remains were located. Religious rituals after death are common among some experienced, escalated sexual predators/serial killers, imo..

Foxfire, please explain. TIA

Concerned mama, there are several old cedar trees in the photos of the location where MH's remains were located. --> https://www.google.com/search?q=fbi...murder-rumors-of-a-suspects-arrest%2F;300;300

I have learned to never underestimate the motives or antics of a sadistical psychopathic sexual predator/serial killer.. They have a reason for everything they do and everything they say, imo.. No coincidences... Once JM used his innocent victims up and took their lives.. He may have temporarily shown a semblance of remorse..

There are Cherokee Indian, as well as many other legends associated with the cedar tree including superstitions, and religious connotations. Cedar Trees, Death, and Cemeteries go hand in hand. This may very well be why MH's remains were placed at this specific location, imo. Many times there are family cemeteries in rural farming areas near old homesites. They are marked with cedar trees. Unless, a historian, familiar, or a native to the area, one would not recognize these old cemeteries over time due to nature taking them back. Many times rocks with info scratched on them were used as headstones.

Guess, what I am trying to say is that HG will likely be located near an old home site family cemetery, marked by cedar tree/s, for JM revisiting the burial site.. JMO

Cedar Trees and Cemeteries..
Isaiah 14:8
http://biblehub.com/isaiah/14-8.htm

Cedar Trees in a Cemeteries Aren't Just Coincidence
http://dulaneysofnorthmississippi.blogspot.com/2009/02/cedar-trees-in-cemeteries-arent-just.html
Since my first posting, I have been researching the origins, if there are any, of the practice of planting cedar trees around graves.

Foxfire,

Yes there are cedar trees and an old cemetery amongst them. It has been here for generations as I am told. I need to research the name. But why is this important. We passed right by that old site on our way to try to reach the ping location.

Foxfire,

Yes there are cedar trees and an old cemetery amongst them. It has been here for generations as I am told. I need to research the name. But why is this important. We passed right by that old site on our way to try to reach the ping location.

Please lead the cops/searchers there tomorrow if they aren't there already!

eta: Tell them Foxfire said to go there! :biggrin:

This is big time O/T, but of course I want Hannah found, but I want to see that smirk wiped off of his evil evil face

Foxfire,

Gilamon, :yourock:

It looks like I may be wrong; I really thought after Morgan's discovery he'd put Hannah on public land or if private, a place where no one lived or worked. IF she is on this property, then that makes him even more sinister than I already thought. It tells me he's beyond arrogant and enjoyed playing games with police. I also think it means he had plotted out where his next victim would be dumped.

I recall that after the initial search warrant was executed, a member of the press asked Longo how long it would take to get back phone evidence, and Longo said 30-60 days. Since it's been just shy of 30 days, maybe they just received information from his phone carrier and maybe that explains why they are just now following up on this particular ping. I hope that means they have a bunch of fresh/valuable information and are able to find HG!

wow...

In times past there was also a custom of planting cedar trees outside one's front door. Flies and other flying insects do not like the smell of cedar, and cedar trees by the front door helped to keep flies out of the house.

Perhaps there was originally a similar purpose for cedar trees near burial grounds. I also found this page:

http://southerngraves.net/southernfolkcemetery.html

Justice101 is correct, though; cedars are everywhere around here. You can even see pasture lands where the cows or other livestock will eat everything in their fields EXCEPT the cedars. I think that's why the cedars are also so prevalent along fence lines. Cows and other grazers apparently don't like the taste or the prickles.

Actually - cedar fence posts will root and sprout a new tree! We see this in the South all the time.

(I think I'll hold off on becoming a member of Virginia Fishing Forum til tomorrow, lol)

The part that doesn't add up is if they had a ping there, why not 2 weeks ago have an INTENSE SEARCH of that area. I hope this is the place... but sometime's it's hard to interpret what LE is saying when they are with you. They are trying to keep you interested to help them in their search.. but some of it may be wishful thinking. :(

Because they didn't receive the info on the pings from JM's phone until now?

This is big time O/T, but of course I want Hannah found, but I want to see that smirk wiped off of his evil evil face

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but deep down I do believe they're getting close.

It looks like I may be wrong; I really thought after Morgan's discovery he'd put Hannah on public land or if private, a place where no one lived or worked. IF she is on this property, then that makes him even more sinister than I already thought. It tells me he's beyond arrogant and enjoyed playing games with police. I also think it means he had plotted out where his next victim would be dumped.

I read this (if Hannah Graham is found here) as a homing reflex. I think JLM can't help going to back familiar home places. It's a strong compulsion to go back in time and place. For security, for comfort, for healing, for trying to 'un-do' something painful or wrong that he experienced or did.

Bet he has been in that Trading Post store many times through the years. Walking the lands before they were broken up into small farms with mini-mansions for wealthy people. If you zoom in, there are lots and lots of huge homes with pools, horse barns, etc. Lots of money.

Placing a body on someone else's private property just seems risky to me, like someone tending to the land might come across it...wait, maybe he knows a warrant is required to search private property?

Let's hope he's not been wicked enough to have gone to that remote place, turned his phone on, and then left again with nothing left behind.

Is he smart and smug enough to do that?

Things I wish.

Send some dry ice vapors through his cell.

Use a scary voice and tell him the flames of hell are coming to devour him bit by scorching bit unless he tells of every crime he has done.

If only!

Well he knows that particular farm, and from the many conversations published with the owner he probably knows that no one goes down into that area, sometimes once a year or less. Since he got away scot-free (so far) he might have felt like tweaking
the Police, a little just to gloat...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member