JLM's car

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am trying to understand why JM would want to give up driving a '98 Grand Marquis for a minivan? Not that Marquis is a babe magnet but any guy in his 20's would want that over the soccer mom car!

So he drove the Marquis from 2007-2009 for Yellow Cab and switched over to the van in 2009 when he drove for Access. The van is what LE found on a farm?!!?

Has it been established that he owned this van? I don't see that happening. I could see Access owning it assigning it to JM.

http://www.readthehook.com/81206/my-ride-jessie-mathew-1998-grand-marquis

I am trying to understand why JM would want to give up driving a '98 Grand Marquis for a minivan? Not that Marquis is a babe magnet but any guy in his 20's would want that over the soccer mom car!

So he drove the Marquis from 2007-2009 for Yellow Cab and switched over to the van in 2009 when he drove for Access. The van is what LE found on a farm?!!?

Has it been established that he owned this van? I don't see that happening. I could see Access owning it assigning it to JM.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?258708-JLM-s-car&p=11074749#post11074749

Should be pretty self explanatory IMO.

Larger vehicle means more potential fares. At most a Grand Marquis could accommodate 4 people plus the driver....even then thats pretty cramped.

While a Minivan would increase the number to 7 with rooms for bags.

I would imagine that would come in pretty handy on lucrative airport runs.

Sometimes a van also means handicap-accessible fares. From the taxi medallions for sale list that another member posted recently, apparently that enhances the value of the license.

i'm lost after not following the case over the weekend. can someone fill me in on where the taxi was found? not much was said in the media other than on a farm??? so for all these years, an abandoned taxi was on a farm with no questions asked?? or was it REALLY hidden? I'm shocked that media wasn't all over this.

i'm lost after not following the case over the weekend. can someone fill me in on where the taxi was found? not much was said in the media other than on a farm??? so for all these years, an abandoned taxi was on a farm with no questions asked?? or was it REALLY hidden? I'm shocked that media wasn't all over this.
Hi Justwannahelp! we don't know where the cab/van was found, some have speculated that it was Carter Mountain due to searches being conducted in the time frame the vehicle was found, which we don't know what that date is yet. I'm not very informative I know but I hope that helps

Hi Justwannahelp! we don't know where the cab/van was found, some have speculated that it was Carter Mountain due to searches being conducted in the time frame the vehicle was found, which we don't know what that date is yet. I'm not very informative I know but I hope that helps

LE is really being tight lipped about EVERYTHING.

I know we had a member here with a son who JM coached (football) who said his car was always a wreck, but I don't know that she was talking specifically to the front end damage.

I think she was talking about it as a wreck. I wish she would come back

I searched for all posts from that user (TrueCrimeSleuth) regarding JLM's car and here's the only post that came up (I'm not sure if others were pulled or deleted):

His car had that damage way before last Friday night. He's been driving it that way for as long as I've known him.

I searched for all posts from that user (TrueCrimeSleuth) regarding JLM's car and here's the only post that came up (I'm not sure if others were pulled or deleted):

THANK YOU for doing that!!! I had forgotten the user name! I was hoping the front end damage was new and related to HG. Would be more evidence in this case, but alas...

Even though TrueCrimeSleuth relayed his son's impression that the car had been that way for "as long as he knew JM" I'm still think that there still might be some amount of new damage, given that the car, as shown in the photos from the police, seems to have a undersized spare on and IIRC those only have a 50 mile life span.

Perhaps he got a flat on a dark gravel road in some out of the way place, and caused some amount of additional damage while getting the flat or while changing the tire in the dark.

Does anyone know where the pics of his car were taken. If this was at his place, what with the oil stained floor and the odd chair in the background, are those new tires and wheels his as well? It appears that there is very little tread on the tires on the car. Was that for a reason, maybe racing? Race cars use smooth tires on dry tracks to bite in when taking curves. Any indication he has ever done any street racing, aside from trying to out run the police. (Think that was in his sisters car though.)

Does anyone know where the pics of his car were taken. If this was at his place, what with the oil stained floor and the odd chair in the background, are those new tires and wheels his as well? It appears that there is very little tread on the tires on the car. Was that for a reason, maybe racing? Race cars use smooth tires on dry tracks to bite in when taking curves. Any indication he has ever done any street racing, aside from trying to out run the police. (Think that was in his sisters car though.)

I think that the pic was in the impound place.

I think the tires are bald because tires cost money.

Interesting about the spare tire.

Is the fifty miles a pretty sure estimate?

So he could have gotten a flat tire on his murder trip

Even though TrueCrimeSleuth relayed his son's impression that the car had been that way for "as long as he knew JM" I'm still think that there still might be some amount of new damage, given that the car, as shown in the photos from the police, seems to have a undersized spare on and IIRC those are only supposed to have a 50 mile life span.

Perhaps he got a flat on a dark gravel road in some out of the way place, and caused some amount of additional damage while getting the flat or while changing the tire in the dark.

Words added to the quote above are bbm.

I knew someone who drove on one of those spares for 3 weeks.....far exceeding 50 miles.

I dont think the car was a priority for JLM, there are plenty of places in Virginia that will sell you a decent used tire for 25-30 bucks and even change and mount it for you.

Yet JLM spent almost that much drinking at Tempo the night HG went missing.

**interesting theory about the flat tire**** I hope LE looks in the trunk and thinks to check the possible flat tire for mud, soil etc. JLM could have easily ran the car though a car wash to remove evidence of where he'd been. He may have missed the tire in the trunk though*****

Its a long shot but I just sent the tip into CPD.

Words added to the quote above are bbm.

I knew someone who drove on one of those spares for 3 weeks.....far exceeding 50 miles.

I dont think the car was a priority for JLM, there are plenty of places in Virginia that will sell you a decent used tire for 25-30 bucks and even change and mount it for you.

Yet JLM spent almost that much drinking at Tempo the night HG went missing.

**interesting theory about the flat tire**** I hope LE looks in the trunk and thinks to check the possible flat tire for mud, soil etc. JLM could have easily ran the car though a car wash to remove evidence of where he'd been. He may have missed the tire in the trunk though*****

I looked at what I could in the photo and I dont see any dirt, dust ,or grass stuck on the oil. which is weird. Was the skid plate on until just before impound or can I just not see it?

I looked at what I could in the photo and I dont see any dirt, dust ,or grass stuck on the oil. which is weird. Was the skid plate on until just before impound or can I just not see it?

Theres a possibility that JLM had enough sense to run the car through a car wash after placing HG and getting rid of any evidence such as mud, soil, etc in the process.

Plenty of places in the area offer 24 hour automatic washes.

I sent the tip in because if he did get a flat tire the night HG went missing (or even before, while visiting a potential remote site) then there could be soil and other evidence on the flat tire that he forgot about.

Its a long shot but still worth mentioning IMO.

Sometimes its the little things that people are reluctant to send in to a tip line, for whatever reasons, that offer breaks in a case.

Theres a possibility that JLM had enough sense to run the car through a car wash after placing HG and getting rid of any evidence such as mud, soil, etc in the process.

Plenty of places in the area offer 24 hour automatic washes.

I sent the tip in because if he did get a flat tire the night HG went missing (or even before, while visiting a potential remote site) then there could be soil and other evidence on the flat tire that he forgot about.

Its a long shot but still worth mentioning IMO.

Sometimes its the little things that people are reluctant to send in to a tip line, for whatever reasons, that offer breaks in a case.

Excellent!

Maybe what was found in the car was sequins or glitter from HG's top. A tussle would certainly dislodge some sparkle. Since it is widely known she was wearing a sparkly top that could be one of the things LE found. No DNA maybe but significant.

I used a tiny donut for months!

The 50 miles is only a recommendation.

I think the milage you get on the donut can vary, what is bad is a donut and speed . I was stunned to see that donut on the car he took to Texas.
I have made the drive from VA to Dallas/and to Houston and I cant see how he had that nissian going 80 on that tire . Arkansas highways can be rough in places ,and those bridges in LA are often bumpy. I think had he went to Dallas, he might have been killed in an accident. Way different than driving in C-vill VA. A flat tire can kill you in Dallas.

I think the milage you get on the donut can vary, what is bad is a donut and speed . I was stunned to see that donut on the car he took to Texas.
I have made the drive from VA to Dallas/and to Houston and I cant see how he had that nissian going 80 on that tire . Arkansas highways can be rough in places ,and those bridges in LA are often bumpy. I think had he went to Dallas, he might have been killed in an accident. Way different than driving in C-vill VA. A flat tire can kill you in Dallas.

Oh... I didn't realize it was the car that took that trip. You're right - I feel like a donut wouldn't hold up for that distance & that speed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?
Back