Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain View Adult Home is a name that property has used in the past. Maybe Jesse transported some hospital patient to or from there recently?

A potential transport to MJ House a few years back, perhaps? (Martha Jefferson House being the Assisted Living facility he was employed at before UVA Hospital.)

Now I'm confused. "Tight black pants" would mean they were on the body right? No one rapes and then puts pants back on the body, especially if they're tight. Would he rape and then tell her to get dressed? Or did he not rape her at all, which leaves less DNA to find?

What if it's not Hannah??

Just the skull and bones makes me wonder if it's her, I know vultures could do that in a day, but how often does that happen? And LE said in a shallow grave, not a shallow stream or creek bed. Being buried slows down decomposition. So if this person was buried but the rain unearthed it, it would be bones already? And how do bones wear tight pants?

I want it to be Hannah even though I don't want it to be Hannah, you know what I mean. But now I'm really worried that it might not be Hannah.

I heard abandoned property but I took that to be a structure of some kind. Describing it as abandoned wouldn't mean land to me. Maybe JC did the same thing I did and assumed a structure. MOO

Police Seize Cab Hannah Graham Suspect Drove the Night Morgan Harrington Disappeared| Crime & Courts, True Crime, Crime, Hannah Graham

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr.

City of Charlottesville / Reuters / Landov

As part of their ongoing investigation, police found the cab Matthew was driving in Charlottesville abandoned on a farm in Albemarle County two weeks ago, WTVR in Virginia reports.

[Meanwhile, Charlottesville police are doing everything they can to find Graham.

"If you have a well on your property, search it. If you have an abandoned structure or abandoned car on your property, search it," Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo told reporters.

You can tell if a pair of pants would be "tight" even if they aren't on a body.

Thanks for that post... and in the next lot, left of that property, is a small private family cemetery! It looks like the creek bed behind goes to the right of the property downhill, the Ammonette Branch (edited: as I now notice others are mentioning). Wow, just wow.

Interesting that he doesn't mention her shirt and Morgan's shirt was found separately from her body. The net is closing on JLM, imo.

I know there's a lot of speculation now that maybe LE found Hannah's shirt in JLM's burnt orange car or in his apartment. But didn't they keep describing what clothes to look for when searching for Hannah? Maybe my memory is faulty here, but seems like they wouldn't keep referring to the shirt she was wearing if they had it in their possession after executing those search warrants.

One more thought . . . If Hannah's body was found in a creek bed, possibly washed/uncovered by heavy rains of late, I really, really hope that crucial evidence linking JLM to the crime has not been washed away.

Police Seize Cab Hannah Graham Suspect Drove the Night Morgan Harrington Disappeared| Crime & Courts, True Crime, Crime, Hannah Graham

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr.

City of Charlottesville / Reuters / Landov

As part of their ongoing investigation, police found the cab Matthew was driving in Charlottesville abandoned on a farm in Albemarle County two weeks ago, WTVR in Virginia reports.

[Meanwhile, Charlottesville police are doing everything they can to find Graham.

"If you have a well on your property, search it. If you have an abandoned structure or abandoned car on your property, search it," Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo told reporters.

I think it's her. :( Her dad was on the property today.

I saw that too while I was moving around via Google street view. Looks very possible, but then with the scanner address from downstairs, it seems to me more likely the Mountain View home one. JMO

Mountain View Home? Which one is that?

I suspect very sparse details will be released - while there's a lot of curiosity about the case, discussing evidence publicly helps no one but the defense. ID should be within a day or two, cause and manner will probably be weeks (I assume they'll perform toxicology testing.)

I do hate to be morbid; forgive me if it seems cruel to say - but I am curious as to whether some "date rape" drug is found i n her system, (if even detectable so long after death -- and similarly, was he found to possess such drugs), and whether his previous pattern of violence is evident.

Partly because any strongly repeating pattern he displays is suggestive of additional victims yet to be discovered, and partly because either of those factors would be aggravating factors in his sentencing (assuming conviction) and "violence" would destroy any Vandersloot-defense - "she OD'd and I panicked."

Despite the sadness from the unfair and untimely loss of a beautiful young woman, and the loss to the world of the great things she'd have done in life, I'm glad she's no longer alone and lost, and that her family has certainty, now.

There's never "closure" or "justice" - I can only imagine the heartbreak her family faces, and I'm so sorry for them. Maybe it helps to know that Hannah will be his last victim, that she helped stop a monster.

If her remains were skeletal then I don't think a toxicology test could be conducted to screen for the date rape drug.

I saw that too while I was moving around via Google street view. Looks very possible, but then with the scanner address from downstairs, it seems to me more likely the Mountain View home one. JMO

Quoting myself here b/c I can't keep up with the thread.

I think maybe that little cottage mirv22 is on the same property???? Both of them share that same address from downstairs. Don't know if I'm allowed to link to Trulia, but Trulia has them as the same property.....

The address listed in the thread "downstairs," the address heard over the scanner around noon-ish today, has the Ammonett Branch creek bed directly behind the property.
Just looked at the Albemarle Tax Map and that address does not actually go all the way back to the creek. There is a parcel next to and behind it that is 42.5 acres and includes the creek. The owners live in Lynchburg, and there is no value listed for improvements but an old road/driveway is shown. It has no street address so they probably gave out the closest address which would be the one you mentioned. My guess is that she was found on this parcel.

Tonight's news

Remains found during search for Graham; no official ID made
By Bryan McKenzie
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 11:20 pm
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_ef6e2916-573e-11e4-b0d3-001a4bcf6878.html

For Old Lynchburg Road residents, disappearance now hits home
By K Burnell Evans and Derek Quinzon
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_d1bcf91e-573f-11e4-8da8-001a4bcf6878.html

Remains found: Hannah Graham case becomes ongoing death investigation
by Courtney Stuart
http://www.c-ville.com/remains-foun...mes-ongoing-death-investigation/#.VEM2-MeJOuZ

Hannah Graham: Remains found in search for missing student
18 October 2014 Last updated at 19:18
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29679045

UPDATED: Remains Found May Be Those of Missing UVa Student Hannah Graham
By: Stephon Dingle, Rachel Ryan
Posted: Sat 11:47 PM, Oct 18, 2014
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Police-Sources-Hannah-Grahams-Body-Found-279677712.html

What does discovery of remains mean for Hannah Graham suspect Jesse Matthew?
POSTED 11:43 PM, OCTOBER 18, 2014, BY WEB STAFF
UPDATED AT 11:44PM, OCTOBER 18, 2014
http://wtvr.com/2014/10/18/legal-analyst-on-remains-discovery/

Search for Hannah Graham suspended after discovery Saturday
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 11:30 pm
By BILL McKELWAY
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_a0a745f9-3174-5cbd-be2a-b4330149ec6b.html

TIMELINE: Hannah Graham Disappearance
Oct 18, 2014
http://www.wusa9.com/media/cinematic/video/17531791/timeline-hannah-graham-disappearance/

Graham search team finds human remains off Old Lynchburg Road
Remains not yet identified, case now "death investigation"
by Andrew Elliott and Joseph Liss | Oct 18 2014 | 5 hours ago
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2014/10/graham-search-team-finds-human-remains

Body found in the hunt for missing UVA student Hannah Graham:
Discovery made in abandoned house near suspect's mom's home
By KIERAN CORCORAN FOR MAILONLINE
UPDATED: 20:52 EST, 18 October 2014
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...property-south-disappeared.html#ixzz3GYws1Mtv

I know there's a lot of speculation now that maybe LE found Hannah's shirt in JLM's burnt orange car or in his apartment. But didn't they keep describing what clothes to look for when searching for Hannah? Maybe my memory is faulty here, but seems like they wouldn't keep referring to the shirt she was wearing if they had it in their possession after executing those search warrants.

One more thought . . . If Hannah's body was found in a creek bed, possibly washed/uncovered by heavy rains of late, I really, really hope that crucial evidence linking JLM to the crime has not been washed away.

I have always had a sinking feeling about her watch/bracelet - that she was clearly wearing in the early CCTV stills - never being mentioned by Longo as something we should be searching for. He mentioned everything else that she was wearing (except for bra or underwear which obviously he wouldn't have any idea what color/make/etc.). But that very LARGE bracelet/watch. Always makes me scratch my head. Bet the watch was VISIBLY in the car, and the shirt was in the apartment...or vice versa.

That's more of what I was thinking...

Pretty sure it's a cottage on the same property as the address mentioned downstairs. Check it out on Trulia.

ETA: Actually, Zillow is much better. Check it out on Zillow instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member