JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you. I just wish this was never even a conversation that came up on a victim friendly forum. There is zero reason to ever even speculate on Websleuths as to whether an alleged victim of rape was lying.

This is exponentially more important given the fact that the alleged perpetrator is being held for several alleged murders and violent rapes. Imagine if ANY of his past victims are on this forum? IMO, it is against TOS to do this, and provides no gain.

To say that perhaps he was angry that he got kicked out for an alleged rape is one thing. To have ANY discussion about the veracity of a victim's claim is inappropriate.

I was uncomfortable with this from the start, but the words "Rape is all too often used as a cry wolf in the girl's case" really sent me over the edge, even though I know that poster had good intentions and was trying to give good insight in to Liberty's culture.

And congratulations for being a survivor--I wish nothing but the best for you, and glad that you are okay.

You are absolutely correct. Unfortunately, it being at Liberty makes everyone a bit more suspect on the "truth," but that's not the victim's fault at all. Either way (whether through consensual sex or rape), I think the point that was trying to be made was whether this was a "turning point" in JM's violence, which proceeded to escalate over the years to, possibly, murder. At no point did anyone say, "It was HER fault that he turned out like this." I think what people were trying to say (myself included) was that JM may have PERCEIVED it to be her fault...and he was the one that placed blame and acted out that blame throughout the years.

I can only speak for myself, but I apologize if anything I said was interpreted as blaming the victim. As a survivor of domestic violence myself, I'm well aware of how important it is for victims and perps of violence to understand that it's NEVER the victims' fault.

there was a report that the liberty student did seek medical help after the "incident"...

Here's that quote: "Another former teammate, Milton Johnson, claimed: 'LJ was accused of sexual assaulting a girl when he was at Liberty. She was a student at Liberty. He got kicked off the football team and kicked out of the university. He was real rough with her and she ended up in hospital.'"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rty-University-girl-claimed-raped-campus.html

JM has horribly hurt a lot of people. Not just the women he raped and/or murdered, but their loved ones, and his own family as well. Though my sympathies go first to the parents and loved ones of those killed by JM, there are a lot of other victims as well, including his grandmother, parents, siblings, niece/nephews if any, other relatives , friends, family and member of the community who know him. It's like a punch in the stomach to find out that someone you know is such a monster. He's also hurt the residents of Charlottesville and neighboring areas, not to mention the Commonwealth of VA and allof us, as the drain on resources he has caused has been tremendous.

I was thinking about JM's previous job at the place near where Morgan's shirt was found. It was a nursing home type place, correct? It would be interesting to know why he left that job. Was it by his own choice or was he fired. Also, considering what we know and suspect about him, it's scary to think about the access he had to patients.

Thanks. The fact remains that none of us have the foggiest idea why the victim in 2002 dropped charges. For all we know, Jesse Matthew threatened to kill her. But...we will never know, unless she chooses to testify. As it should be.

oh, i am certainly not arguing that point at all. i simply stated that she appears to have been roughed up. you asked for a source so i provided you with one.

This is a bit interesting:

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/10/21/record-goes-inside-home-suspect-hannah-graham-disappearance

First, it has some video inside JM's apartment after a new tenant moved in. The new tenant had NOT been told JM lived there and only found out from the reporter. The lease ran out October 2. Assuming a one-year lease, that might tell us about when JM moved in.

There was a "leadership" photo left hanging on the wall. This matches previous descriptions of inspirational posters and such. This one has white "dust" and scratches on the glass as if possibly used to cut and spread lines for drug sniffing.

As a bonus, a tiny bit of video of the outside of Tempo.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/10/21/record-goes-inside-home-suspect-hannah-graham-disappearance

First, it has some video inside JM's apartment after a new tenant moved in. The new tenant had NOT been told JM lived there and only found out from the reporter. The lease ran out October 2. Assuming a one-year lease, that might tell us about when JM moved in.

There was a "leadership" photo left hanging on the wall. This matches previous descriptions of inspirational posters and such. This one has white "dust" and scratches on the glass as if possibly used to cut and spread lines for drug sniffing.

That's interesting. Especially the poster. I guess LE got whatever other evidence they needed, IF it were drugs. Strange a poster was left in that empty apt. and nothing else.

A former friend and co-worker speak about JM, however briefly.

“I wouldn’t have ever suspected him to do anything like that. I mean, he was well-spoken and nice and helpful and sweet,” said Lauren Johnson, a former co-worker of Matthew.

“After he warmed up, you would always see him smiling at things,” said Demtrice Walker, a former friend of Matthew.

http://wavy.com/2014/10/21/connecting-the-dots-with-jesse-matthew/

i have to agree with you... the girl was reported to have gone to the hospital after the "alleged" rape but then decided not to press charges when lj indicated it was consentual

This particular incident may have begun as consensual, but JM may have gotten extremely rough and when she said STOP - he continued to hurt her. Sorry, but STOP means STOP! Whether it would hold up in court or not, idk. I can see where a situation such as this would be hard for a young woman to testify to in court... JMO.

Sadly society has the way of trying to find reasons why someone is raped, and make it their fault. The victim may even have guilt feelings of if I hadn't said this, been drinking with him, was kind and he took it as flirting, etc. Thus part of the reason I think so many rape victims never report it, and many that do never go to trial. They want it out of sight, out of mind, though for many the rape never leaves their mind. It's part of their life from that point forward. Some sadly might not even consider what happened as rape, trying to minimize it in their own mind.

The great news is there is no stature of limitation in VA on rape! So those charges can STILL be added if LE thinks they need to add them!!! At any rate, may each victim feels some closure in that he is in jail, and praying won't be out in this lifetime, if he is guilty!

OFFTOPIC
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Gary-body-count-at-seven-more-expected/page9

Serial killer just arrested this week in Indiana. So far he has admitted to 7 murders of women this year alone. Now he had clammed up, and refused to even acknowledge the judge in court!!! Why can't this be considered domestic terrorism?? Why can't military interrogations be used in these instances??

BACK ON TOPIC

If JLM is refusing to talk, and the terror the community has lived with for many years, well, that should be reason to MAKE him talk at whatever cost! He may not be responsible for anyone else's disappearance, but at this point we won't know, and that not knowing is not fair to the families of the rest that are missing!

If JLM is refusing to talk, and the terror the community has lived with for many years, well, that should be reason to MAKE him talk at whatever cost! He may not be responsible for anyone else's disappearance, but at this point we won't know, and that not knowing is not fair to the families of the rest that are missing!
Respectfully, I understand the outrage and your sentiment, but violating his rights for a coerced confession that wouldn't hold up in court?

Worst possible outcome, and why we have the justice system that we do.

While hardly anybody is convinced that JLM had nothing to do with these crimes, we still have to have faith in our justice system as it is intended to work. Just look at the number of (mostly African American) men who have been exonerated due to the Innocence Project. Some of these men were convicted on coerced confessions to the crime by people who tried to take shortcuts to justice. Now so many men have been exonerated due to DNA evidence that couldn't be tested at the time they were convicted.

It bothers me that this newscaster is handling this poster so carelessly, while saying "maybe this is a missed clue." Um...if that's the case, shouldn't he give it to the police? But perhaps they already got what they needed.

Yes Concerned Mom, I realize that, what I'm saying is there need to be a law that serial killers are considered domestic terrorists! Then their 'rights' change. I respect the constitution and the many rights it gives us. What I don't support is cases like this where there could be more victims, yet all the person has to do is keep quiet and the cases might never be solved. That's not fair to the rest of the population. The rights of one shouldn't harm the rights of the majority. I know at this point, legally nothing else can be done. What I'm proposing is that laws change in that aspect.

oh, i am certainly not arguing that point at all. i simply stated that she appears to have been roughed up. you asked for a source so i provided you with one.

I also hadn't noticed that you are a verified insider. So, you technically are your own source ;)
Thanks for being willing to come on WS and share any insights.

Don't know if this has already been posted or not. Jodi's sentencing, arraignment for Dylan Adams this morning in Holly Bobo's case & awaiting ME's report on remains found in Hannah Graham's case. Busy morning.

Fairfax County News ‏@fairfax_county · 31m31 minutes ago
RT @AugensteinWTOP #JesseMatthew's lawyer in Charlottesville and Albemarle cases re: #HannahGraham will NOT represent him in Fairfax...

https://twitter.com/fairfax_county/status/524950042416013312

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member