AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up thread, someone mentioned church and youth groups, and some speculation about Cassie attending. Do we have anything from MSM about that? I'm wondering if we can find youth group leaders or directors, pastors, etc who might share their thoughts. Sometimes teens talk to youth leaders. About stuff they can't talk to anyone else about. Is there any verification of Cassie's affiliation with a specific church group?
Just trying to put 2 and 2 together. Judy states on her facebook page in one of her messages to Cassie that the photo was taken in the church that Judy plays piano at. But it is referenced that Cassie went to church with a friend. So I am thinking perhaps Cassie was attending a different church than her mother.

Ok. There are three large churches in town, is that correct? All with significantly sized youth groups. Correct? I wonder if the youth groups have extracurricular activities, outdoor trips, retreats, events etc? Car washes, fundraising events, mission trips?

Also, does Cassie play on any sports teams, do gymnastics, music, band, scholastic extracurricular programs such as dance, drama, FFA, etc? What about pageants and similar activities?

From the chamber of commerce website ( http://www.stuttgartarkansas.org/live/churches.aspx ) I respectfully omitted the pastors names and telephone numbers from the listings.

APOSTOLIC

Jesus Name Church of Christ
1800 & Park Ave.

Gospel Temple Divine Apostolic
First & Park Avenue

Apostolic Tabernacle of Prayer
1203 East 2nd Street

BAPTIST

Allen Temple Baptist
708 N. Buerkle

Beautiful Zion Missionary Baptist
1025 E. Harrison

Calvary Missionary Baptist
8th & Wood

Christian Fellowship Missionary Baptist
321 E. Huron

First Baptist
22nd & Prairie

First Baptist
606 N. Porter

Harmony Missionary Baptist
910 E. 19th St.

North Maple Baptist
Maple & Huron

Park Avenue Missionary Baptist
1901 S. Park Ave.

Southside Baptist
19th & Leslie

The Lighthouse
2009 S. Oak

Traveler's Rest Missionary Baptist
914 E. First St.

CATHOLIC

Holy Rosary Catholic
18th & Prairie

CHRISTIAN

Central Christian
2009 N. Buerkle

First Christian Disciples of Christ
921 S. Main

Full Gospel Christian
108 S. Columbus

CHURCH OF CHRIST

Church of Christ
1806 N. Buerkle

South Main Church of Christ
603 N. Main

CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST

Holy Benton Temple
Church of God In Christ
622 E. Washington

Mt. Zion Church of God In Christ
517 N. Buerkle

New Life Outreach Christian Center
1808 S. Park

EPISCOPAL

St. Alban's Episcopal
12th & Main

JEHOVAH’S WITNESS

Jehovah's Witness
1795 Hwy 79 B

LUTHERAN

Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran
209 S. Grand

St. John's Lutheran
5th & College

METHODIST

First United Methodist
4th & Grand

Grand Avenue United Methodist Church
7th and Grand

New Bethel A.M.E.
201 E. 16th

PENTECOSTAL

First Assembly of God
912 N. College

First Pentecostal Church of God
1005 N. Porter

Lively Stone Pentecostal
1204 N. Maple

Pentecostal Church of Jesus Christ
223 N. Main

Stuttgart Holiness Assembly
1002 S. Prairie

Trinity Assembly of God
2115 S. Columbus

PRESBYTERIAN

First Presbyterian
7th and Maple

NON-DENOMINATIONAL

Greater Mt. Olive Full Gospel Ministries
807 W. Washington

Victory Christian Center
Charismatic Fellowship
102 W. 2nd

Bible Believers' House of Faith
806 W. 22nd, Suite C

Grand Prairie Church
21st & Park

Setting Captives Free
405 E. Michigan Ave.

Victors' Empowerment Center
210 E. Michigan

Temple of God Ministries
1708 S. Porter

Stuttgart Harvest
Stuttgart Twin Cinema

Ok, I'm off to stare at some more selfies, hoping to piece together some ID on Cassie's phone.
Maybe a local will pop back in and help fill some gaps.

Caring4Many, do you know why the phone info in BD's case hasn't been made public? I understand the ping info, and contacts and records....but not the withholding of physical description.

I've even gone so far as to start mirror staring at the selfie shots in Cassie's case!

The way it was explained to me is that in all cases LE holds certain info for themselves. Basically they saw it as a way to validate an acct or someone's honesty. I personally think it was because she had always used a case & it wasn't known which she was using. So how do you release what you don't know? Of course it could have started there & then once determined it was decided to not release it. I'm not positive, but I do know that unless you really did your searching in her photos or were on a search, you'd have no idea what it was.
I think it's hard to tell the public-"look for a black cell phone -possible model xxxx -or it could have a yellow case on it or a xxxx character case"...for example. People tend to think of just the one option & not both, a lot easier to just say-"if you see a phone please turn it in."
Not sure that really helps?

Ok, I'm off to stare at some more selfies, hoping to piece together some ID on Cassie's phone.
Maybe a local will pop back in and help fill some gaps.
The photo dated Aug 2nd... there is some curtains in the background... It looks like a cheap hotel room. Are you seeing what I am seeing?

May 22nd, 2013 photo looks to be food in the tote to right side of the photo behind her. Did they move around this time?

If the boyfriend had anything to do with it and literally couldn't drive, as in doesn't know how rather than couldn't afford a car, where could he have taken her on foot? He had a few days before she was reported missing, right?

When I participated in the volunteer search in October we met in the parking lot of Ponder's Auction (on Leslie Street between 15th and 16th). We began our searches around the railroad tracks about 200 feet east and the woods that bordered those tracks behind RW Manufacturing (1506 S Wood Street). We were told that there was a good chance that if anything was done without using transportation that she would be in that area. We were also cautioned against the possibility of finding body parts and told to look for such evidence. (I hope I can say that here. We heard that several times from the man leading the search that is a regular at SAR.)

She was reported missing that Sunday night and officers came to her house the next morning to make a report. The only time that seems to be unaccounted for that evening was between approximately 6pm (when Hunter Snyder supposedly dropped her home) and 9:14pm (when Brandon called Tracey Snyder to ask if she was still with them). Then there was the text message at 7:15 (I think but may be wrong) that she may or may not have sent herself. However, she was first thought of as a runaway so I am not sure when the house or property was first searched and the time gap between.

I asked her mother about anything else missing and she told me that it did not appear that anything else was missing. She was last seen in a blue tank top, blue jean shorts, and new cowboy boots. She was only carrying her phone. I do not believe she carried a purse regularly or had a job for disposable income. The family is low-income so I do not see her having access to much extra money. I have only seen photos of her phone... it is a touchscreen (about the size of an iphone or samsung galaxy) with a bubble gum pink color cover.

I wonder if SmallTownMomma may have any insight as to how Cassie ended up with her facial scars?

bumping-does anyone know the answer to this, and if she was self conscious about them? It might help to determine how recognizable they would be at first glance.

I asked her mother about anything else missing and she told me that it did not appear that anything else was missing. She was last seen in a blue tank top, blue jean shorts, and new cowboy boots. She was only carrying her phone. I do not believe she carried a purse regularly or had a job for disposable income. The family is low-income so I do not see her having access to much extra money. I have only seen photos of her phone... it is a touchscreen (about the size of an iphone or samsung galaxy) with a bubble gum pink color cover.

:bow: Thank you for answering this! Can you link us to an image or was it distributed at the search?

The last known clothing-was that what she was wearing when she was dropped off?

There are plenty of churches here (somewhere in the 20-somethings) but there are only a handful that are large enough for youth activities. I remember seeing a photo of Cassie in a long denim skirt, long sleeve shirt, and hair in a bun... perhaps the youth outings she attended was at one of the Apostolic churches in town. That is the common attire for females there.

[modsnip] I do not believe Cassie did much or had money to participate in many extracurricular activities.

View attachment 62760
I hope it is okay to post without a link. I made some t-shirt designs for the FB group and this was a photo I had downloaded from one of the FB pages. One of her mother's friends said at the search that this was the case recently on her phone.

Early on we suspected that she had slipped through the cracks and that everyone had let her down. Now we know that is true. How sad. I am so miffed right now that this is not a high profile case. I do not care how poor they are, because of the things we now know, there needs to be urgent pleading to the public to find Cassie.

I wonder if SmallTownMomma may have any insight as to how Cassie ended up with her facial scars?

bumping-does anyone know the answer to this, and if she was self conscious about them? It might help to determine how recognizable they would be at first glance.

Thank you for the phone info, STM. I couldn't get the attachment to open either. :(

There are plenty of churches here (somewhere in the 20-somethings) but there are only a handful that are large enough for youth activities. I remember seeing a photo of Cassie in a long denim skirt, long sleeve shirt, and hair in a bun... perhaps the youth outings she attended was at one of the Apostolic churches in town. That is the common attire for females there.

[modsnip] I do not believe Cassie did much or had money to participate in many extracurricular activities.

First-thank you for your help with all of this!

This really makes me wonder 2 things-how did she get a smart phone? We all know they're not cheap! Plus without funds of her own, how was she going to purchase cigarettes? I really have a feeling this text is our red herring. Call me crazy....

I'm thinking there are a few options here-
1) she was going to actually get cigarettes at a corner store.
2) maybe someone in town normally let her bum them? I know I live in somewhat of a small town & have heard stories of older siblings selling/ trading them to kids too young to purchase them.
3) Someone else sent that text.
4) she met up with someone who normally bought cigarettes for her.
5) depending on how she typed the text, maybe it was "code" for something. I remember having inside jokes with friends that would make no sense to anyone else.

Can anyone else think of anything else? It seems odd to me that LE wouldn't have her on surveillance & have already released that info by now if 1 or 4 was the case. I also wonder how she left her house at that time of night & wasn't seen even by a neighbor? According to http://www.southwesternadventist.org/assets/245916 the sun set at 7:19pm that night in the Little Rock, AR area. It's still light out then, at least on her way.

Has JC confirmed that Cassie was even a smoker? SmallTownMom are you aware?

On a side note, from 645-914 is a long time...where was BR? Ughhh

Sorry to pepper you with questions, SmallTown- I am super interested in how the search you participated in was managed. Did you check in with photo id? Was it all on foot, or were other forms of transportation utilized as well, such as ATV's or horseback? Did you have team leaders? Was the area you were searching gridded out for you, and if so, was it considered 'cleared' when you checked in at the end of the search time? Was there media there? Were you encouraged/discouraged from discussing anything with media? To whom did searchers report possible items or areas of interest? Were those areas tagged, and if so, how?

Thanks so much in advance, if you can answer some of these questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ