GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://wtvr.com/2014/11/06/abduction-suspect-delvin-barnes-hit-teen-with-shovel-threw-her-in-trunk/

“When I walked in, I could immediately smell bleach. She was hesitant – startled. It was varied emotions you saw on her face,” said Deputy Floyd Miles with the Charles City County Sheriff’s Office. “I didn’t want to push her when I was talking to her about what had happened. She had a gash on her head.”

The teen was battered and bruised, but alive and able to identify Barnes in a lineup. She was also able to give investigators more than enough to build their case.

Okay, wait. So was this after Carletha rescued because it sounds like it was before!!!!

That article really doesn't make much sense. If the October victim "identified him in a lineup" soon after the crime, that would mean that he was there (in the lineup)! Perhaps they meant identified from mugshots, but it's certainly not accurate reporting. I have read where Barnes was not identified until Oct. 28 with DNA, so I was giving LE some lenience on criticism about not finding him sooner; but if they truly did have an entire month to locate him, it's not good police work.

Glad he's caught now, of course.

http://wtvr.com/2014/11/06/who-is-delvin-barnes/

This reminds me so much of the perp in Hannah Graham's case. The way he zoomed in on a random girl and went after her. The way he had his friends fooled into thinking he was a great guy. The surveilance video in both cases really show how a predator operates. I wish Hannah had been able to escape too.

So.... does it now seem that his Facebook posts about being fired were untrue? It seems like he stopped going because they were after him, but I guess he needed a reason to tell his people why- and he chose that he was fired and after a snitch? All so confusing. The owner never said he was fired and only said he didn't show up late last week.

So.... does it now seem that his Facebook posts about being fired were untrue? It seems like he stopped going because they were after him, but I guess he needed a reason to tell his people why- and he chose that he was fired and after a snitch? All so confusing. The owner never said he was fired and only said he didn't show up late last week.

Corporate America is very cautious about sharing any information about employment termination. Even if you were terminated for something really serious, like theft, the only thing that the employer can share with anyone (other than LE I'd imagine) is:
confirm the dates of employment
comfirm that they do or do not work there any longer.

This may have something to do with the vague answer of the grocery store spokesman. His FB site commentary about losing his job was pretty vicious.....which makes me think that he WAS fired. JMO! However,you make a good point....he could have just stopped showing up because he knew he was being hunted and he made that story up about the "snitch" to save face with his peeps. Hmmmm???

A probation termination report from March of 2004 shows Barnes was “pursuing mental health counseling to deal with issues that occurred in the family home while he was growing up.”
The report also shows Barnes was working for his father at the time for Barnes Construction, and he would sometimes use the name Delain Barnes.
Court records show Barnes once lived in Church Hill and near the Kroger by VCU.

http://wtvr.com/2014/11/06/delvin-barnes-abduction-suspect-sought-mental-health-counseling/

Corporate America is very cautious about sharing any information about employment termination. Even if you were terminated for something really serious, like theft, the only thing that the employer can share with anyone (other than LE I'd imagine) is:
confirm the dates of employment
comfirm that they do or do not work there any longer.

This may have something to do with the vague answer of the grocery store spokesman. His FB site commentary about losing his job was pretty vicious.....which makes me think that he WAS fired. JMO! However,you make a good point....he could have just stopped showing up because he knew he was being hunted and he made that story up about the "snitch" to save face with his peeps. Hmmmm???

That is true! But, certainly they would have told the police. The fact that the police continued hanging around there with a story that they were looking for a woman and a child doesn't "feel" like he had been fired. I used to say "I cannot comment on her prior employment" or "She is not eligible for re-hire" but never would I say "She was a great employee I never had any problems from her." Doesn't sound like a boss who would have fired him!

Interesting that the officer in Charles City County, when asked about why they did not name him and put out an APB after the 16 year old escaped, indicated that there was concern for the victims safety. Interesting that he abducted her on Oct 1, she escaped on Oct 3, and then check out his Facebook posts on Oct 5. Was the 16 year old targeted due to an issue with someone in her family? Or was he sending a message to the 16 year old to scare her into not identifying him? Those "snitching posts" are very scary considering that the teenager that he abducted and tortured had escaped from him just 3 days prior....

I know the article says "best friend" but they have only known each other for four months and his answers didn't seem to indicate anything more than just casual friends.

Actually, it says that they started working there together 4 months ago. I assumed that they were friends prior, which is why he was identified as his best friend. But I could be wrong!

That article really doesn't make much sense. If the October victim "identified him in a lineup" soon after the crime, that would mean that he was there (in the lineup)! Perhaps they meant identified from mugshots, but it's certainly not accurate reporting. I have read where Barnes was not identified until Oct. 28 with DNA, so I was giving LE some lenience on criticism about not finding him sooner; but if they truly did have an entire month to locate him, it's not good police work.

Glad he's caught now, of course.

Been following this case from the beginning. So thrilled she was found alive! Regarding the quote above. It is odd that they didn't zone in on him sooner. Perhaps they only showed her the lineup after the dna results came back? To get visual confirmation? So glad he is caught now and will be off the streets forever....he better be at least.

Sorry if these things have already been mentioned. Carlesha did not kick out the windows. There was a hammer on the back seat and she used that. She also hit him in the head with it. I don't think this article mentions it, but last night on the news (same station as this article) they said he was able to subdue her using zip ties. This article also says she purposefully gave him her pin in hopes he'd use it. She's one smart cookie.

I also remember reading an article yesterday about the first assault on the teenager and it said his parents "didn't remember if they were home when the assault would have taken place." HUH??? If I can find the link, I will post it.

http://6abc.com/news/germantown-kidnap-victim-reunited-with-family/378388/

ETA: Found the article where it says parents don't remember: http://www.wdbj7.com/news/nation/man-allegedly-took-raped-burned-girl/29577490

I know the article says "best friend" but they have only known each other for four months and his answers didn't seem to indicate anything more than just casual friends.
The guy in the video (Ronald Davis) saying he is DB's friend looks exactly like his FB friend who "liked" the last FB post DB made about snitching not being funny and that's how graves get filled. The only person who "liked" it. He uses a different name for his FB profile that also starts with R. They call each other "bro" and tell each other "love ya" in posts so I'd say this may really be his best friend. But the innocent image of DB he paints doesn't match the FB posts.

Sorry if these things have already been mentioned. Carlesha did not kick out the windows. There was a hammer on the back seat and she used that. She also hit him in the head with it. I don't think this article mentions it, but last night on the news (same station as this article) they said he was able to subdue her using zip ties. This article also says she purposefully gave him her pin in hopes he'd use it. She's one smart cookie.

I also remember reading an article yesterday about the first assault on the teenager and it said his parents "didn't remember if they were home when the assault would have taken place." HUH??? If I can find the link, I will post it.

http://6abc.com/news/germantown-kidnap-victim-reunited-with-family/378388/

ETA: Found the article where it says parents don't remember: http://www.wdbj7.com/news/nation/man-allegedly-took-raped-burned-girl/29577490
Thanks! Your second link clarifies that the Va survivor identified him from a photo lineup.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back