GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you know your way around, you can get off the first Exit or the second and be on Roosevelt Rd soon after you cross over the Arkansas River. So were it pinged on Roosevelt could be anyones guess. But def Baucum Pike rd would be on one side of the Ar River and then on other side pretty soon able to hit Roosevelt Rd.

Except she was already in class BEFORE the meeting time for BC to meet the buyer at the house.

This is not meant to offend anyone, but I feel it's possible too much focus/attention is being placed on whether or not CL had history of drug use/abuse. It may have very likely played a role in the custody issue(s) (which obviously it did according to the custody court documents that we have access to) but IMO really has no relevance otherwise because with or without drug use, she still could or could not be guilty of the kidnapping/murder charges that she has been charged with.

I see the term "verified" being tossed around a lot. Unless is has been "verified" by LE or trusted a MSM investigative journalist, it's nothing more than heresay , speculation or rumor - IMO. Just because one person takes the word of another does not make it actual verified information. Fact.

I am a medical professional and at my place of employment, I (and all fellow medical professionals where I am employed) are subject to random drug screenings. These usually consist of a urine drug screening which are known to have false positives due to prescription medications that we may be taking. For example, I have rheumatoid arthritis AND fibromyalgia and it is documented in my employee file with verification from my physician etc. what medications I am taking for these conditions. Not once in 22 years have I ever had to undergo further drug testing (such as hair follicle test) to explain why my urine drug screen tested positive for something that one (or more) of my prescription medications could have caused it to test positive for. I hope this makes sense - I tried my best to explain the point I am trying to get across...

After doing some quick research on the charges filed against CL for kidnapping and capital murder in the death of Beverly Carter and my limited understanding of criminal law in general, I have a few thoughts that may shed some light on the State's reasons for charging CL the way they did.

Kidnapping and capital murder both require intent. Applying one particular prong of the kidnapping statute as an example, and assuming that robbery was the underlying motive... if the State believes that Beverly was restrained in order to carry out the robbery against her, or so that AL could flee after he robbed Beverly and she died as a result, then the State would have to prove that CL intended to rob her in order to get a conviction against CL for kidnapping and capital murder. The mere fact that Beverly's phone was in CL's house, or even that AL said that CL was in on the plan to rob Beverly, wouldn't be enough by themselves.

Generally, in order to prove conspiracy between two or more defendants, all you need is an agreement to commit a criminal act, and some type of overt act by at least one of the conspirators in furtherance of the conspiracy. Here, for example, if the State has evidence that CL and AL agreed to contact Beverly and pretend to be homebuyers so that they could rob her, one or both of them restrained her against her will, and Beverly died in the course of, or in the furtherance of their efforts to rob her, this evidence could support kidnapping and capital murder charges in Arkansas.

Thus, CL could have agreed with AL to rob Beverly, participated in her clinicals, stayed at her ex-boyfriend's all weekend while AL did all the acts necessary to carry out the robbery, and still be guilty of kidnapping and capital murder. As long as the State can show an agreement between the two of them, and show that at least one of them did at least one thing to carry out what they agreed to and Beverly died as a result of their efforts to carry out their plan, CL could be convicted of both of these offenses. Evidence of the agreement between the two of them is key. I guess we will have to wait and see what that evidence is...

Links:

http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-5/subtitle-1/chapter-3/subchapter-4/5-3-401/

http://kidnapping.uslegal.com/state-kidnapping-abduction-laws/arkansas-kidnappingabduction-laws/

http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-5/subtitle-2/chapter-10/5-10-101

There is no way the gym owner can say which parent was there or not...now as far as a child on the team yes because the team could not execute the routine with a team member missing. Each team has anywhere from 2 to 3 team moms that keep up with the kids on the team and if a child is not there they contact the parent. The teams normally meet and stay together until it is time to go back to the warm up area and the parents are normally there with them as well. Parents and team moms would be the ones to notice if CL was at a competition or not, not the gym owner.

And I spoke with a team mom.

Tests were same day within an hour of each other give or take a few minutes.

I was reading over the documents above. I believe in post 602. So, she went in on 10/17 and it was determined on that date that she had failed the urine test for PCP. On the second document it states that the hair follicle was conducted on 10/21. If they were done on the same date which would have to be 10/17 or earlier, why would the court documents say differently? I ask for my reasons.... Where is your information coming from, her directly? Also, what medication Do you feel could give a false positive for PCP?

I don't think a close connection to the cheerleading thing has to be made to have it be a good possibility that there is a connection, no matter how slight. You don't have to attend the practices to chat with another parent in the parking lot, drop kids off at another cheerleader's home and meet a parent in passing, or to invite someone for a sleepover or ask for ride, etc. It's a small town. The kids chat about each other and parents usually hear all about the other kids while driving them places, at least I did when hauling my kids around.

If she was targeted, and I think she was, it would be very likely that her face and name were familiar from the real estate marketing and he picture being on advertising, the internet, possibly signs around town. Her son even said this in an early interview. Then from there, it wouldn't be a stretch to recognize her in any brief encounter at the cheerleading clinic.

Even if her jewelery and bling was mostly costume, I am not sure AL would assume or realize that. I don't give him much credit in the smart department. BC drove an expensive vehicle, had vanity plates, was attractive and perhaps dressed flamboyantly and in his world of selfies and self promotion it all added up to her being "rich".

I haven't figured out the motive, but I think that the referral came from a "hey, a buddy gave me your name (or someone at cheer clinic) and I am in the market for a cash sale for an investment, or blah-blah...my wife and I would like to see some property..blah, blah", kind of referral and not another realtor. Her husband said she was excited because it was a cash deal and I think most realtors would be saving that kind of sale for themselves and not referring it to another agent.

Do we know if all of the homes (I believe it was 3) scheduled to be shown were vacant? An owner occupied home would not fit into their scenario, I don't believe. I think that the home they went to was by their request and not at BC's suggestion.

I am a medical professional and at my place of employment, I (and all fellow medical professionals where I am employed) are subject to random drug screenings. These usually consist of a urine drug screening which are known to have false positives due to prescription medications that we may be taking. For example, I have rheumatoid arthritis AND fibromyalgia and it is documented in my employee file with verification from my physician etc. what medications I am taking for these conditions. Not once in 22 years have I ever had to undergo further drug testing (such as hair follicle test) to explain why my urine drug screen tested positive for something that one (or more) of my prescription medications could have caused it to test positive for. I hope this makes sense - I tried my best to explain the point I am trying to get across...

It does. I am also on prescription meds and have never had a false positives and had to have a hair follicle. Actually, I worked in HR for a very long time and saw many drug tests come through. Many passes and many fails. I have never had one person legitimately fail and then be able to prove it was due to a false positive and because of prescription medication.

I can't figure out what the deal is with this whole drug test situation. And while it may not solve Beverlys murder, it makes my hinky meter go up and makes me think something is off.

It had been stated earlier from media reports that Beverly herself had warned fellow Realtors in her office on realtor safety issues stressing that; no matter what, you never ever get in an unknown clients car. Don't have the link now, running out but someone posted it earlier, from an article.

Besides that fact, not just is it unlikely she'd agree to break that cardinal rule of her own... but to then run out, leaving the listed property door open (not even her listing), leaving her purse, wallet and personal belongings in the car - to go see multiple other properties for who knows how long... She doesn't strike me as that careless of a person, or that sloppy of a Realtor. I can see what you're saying about how easy it is to be lured to get into a car sometimes, but given all those other circumstances in this case it feels kind of unlikely, IMO...

BBM
Is the key word unknown? If she recognized them from the gym, would she have felt more comfortable getting in the car with them?

Or, if they all went together in BC's car, they would have had to bring her car back to get theirs. Maybe they intended to leave all her stuff there, but accidently kept her cell phone.

For what it worth, the hair follicle test wasn't done a few weeks later (according to the docs filed at court house) Oct 17 urine test, Oct 21 hair follicle test. 4/5 days depending how you count it.

Oct 15th Toney Lowery filed an Emergency Motion for change of custody and and an affidavit with Pul Cty Court house
Oct 16th Judge Killgore signs a temp order giving Toney Lowery temp custody and a Hearing set up for Oct 21 on the matter
Oct 17th**busy day.. CL is served by process server at her home at 9:15am. (I sure she flipped I would have getting that order)
Not sure what time CL went before the court but it appears she did, and it states that they almost gave her custody back but she tested positive for PCP and custody was awarded to the defendant. The next numbered item says an expedited hearing will be granted to the Plaintiff if she has submitted to a hair follicle drug screen. ** No where else have I found anyone else in this matter being asked or ordered to a hair follicle drug screen.

ALSO on Oct 17th at 1:13pm entry of appearance is made by Richard E Holiman (on CL theft by receiving case)
and Oct 17th at 240pm CL files for divorce

The Oct 21st hearing was cancelled per notation on court records at 1:18pm on the 21st.

Nov 7th order states the hair follicle drug screen was conducted on Oct 21st and was neg for all substances tested.

For what it worth, the hair follicle test wasn't done a few weeks later (according to the docs filed at court house) Oct 17 urine test, Oct 21 hair follicle test. 4/5 days depending how you count it.

Oct 15th Toney Lowery filed an Emergency Motion for change of custody and and an affidavit with Pul Cty Court house
Oct 16th Judge Killgore signs a temp order giving Toney Lowery temp custody and a Hearing set up for Oct 21 on the matter
Oct 17th**busy day.. CL is served by process server at her home at 9:15am. (I sure she flipped I would have getting that order)
Not sure what time CL went before the court but it appears she did, and it states that they almost gave her custody back but she tested positive for PCP and custody was awarded to the defendant. The next numbered item says an expedited hearing will be granted to the Plaintiff if she has submitted to a hair follicle drug screen. ** No where else have I found anyone else in this matter being asked or ordered to a hair follicle drug screen.

ALSO on Oct 17th at 1:13pm entry of appearance is made by Richard E Holiman (on CL theft by receiving case)
and Oct 17th at 240pm CL files for divorce

The Oct 21st hearing was cancelled per notation on court records at 1:18pm on the 21st.

Nov 7th order states the hair follicle drug screen was conducted on Oct 21st and was neg for all substances tested.

Correct. NJ states urine and follicle done within an hour of each other. Give or take a few minutes. I am confused by this because that is not what the court records state. Is that what CL tells her?

I don't think a close connection to the cheerleading thing has to be made to have it be a good possibility that there is a connection, no matter how slight. You don't have to attend the practices to chat with another parent in the parking lot, drop kids off at another cheerleader's home and meet a parent in passing, or to invite someone for a sleepover or ask for ride, etc. It's a small town. The kids chat about each other and parents usually hear all about the other kids while driving them places, at least I did when hauling my kids around.

If she was targeted, and I think she was, it would be very likely that her face and name were familiar from the real estate marketing and he picture being on advertising, the internet, possibly signs around town. Her son even said this in an early interview. Then from there, it wouldn't be a stretch to recognize her in any brief encounter at the cheerleading clinic.

Even if her jewelery and bling was mostly costume, I am not sure AL would assume or realize that. I don't give him much credit in the smart department. BC drove an expensive vehicle, had vanity plates, was attractive and perhaps dressed flamboyantly and in his world of selfies and self promotion it all added up to her being "rich".

I haven't figured out the motive, but I think that the referral came from a "hey, a buddy gave me your name (or someone at cheer clinic) and I am in the market for a cash sale for an investment, or blah-blah...my wife and I would like to see some property..blah, blah", kind of referral and not another realtor. Her husband said she was excited because it was a cash deal and I think most realtors would be saving that kind of sale for themselves and not referring it to another agent.

Do we know if all of the homes (I believe it was 3) scheduled to be shown were vacant? An owner occupied home would not fit into their scenario, I don't believe. I think that the home they went to was by their request and not at BC's suggestion.

I agree with you about the gym. One time could have been enough. But, the discrepancies regarding the number of times and competitions might speak to CLs truthfulness to her friend.

Sorry if I have screwed this thread up, not quoting when I thought I did.

I have been looking over the court docs and dates again.
Crystal Lowery:
*filed for div on the 17th few hours on same day she was served the emerg change of custody. She says they have been separated since Aug 27th. That is 29 days before Beverly Carter went missing. I wonder who she was going to get to be her witness under oath swear that they hadn't lived together since Aug 27th?
*Theft by Receiving case entries
Monday Sept 29th - viol date for CL Theft by Receiving
Thursday 10/9 warrant served (entered 913amin court system) plea n arraignment scheduled
Oct 17th 113pm entry of appearance Richard E Holiman
Nov 4th at 9 am plea and arraignment

Capital Murder ~ Kidnapping
Viol date Sept 25 for both and filing Oct 30th
Video arraignment was suppose to be this morning at 830 am

Now Toney Lowery says in his affidavit on Oct 15th that Crystal was arrested on Sept 29th and on Oct 3rd drove to Kansas and got dtr with out his knowledge. * My curious question is what was the warrant served 10/9 for? Seems odd to me that would be entered almost 2 weeks from time TL said she was arrested on 29th and came and got dtr in Kansas on the 3rd. Doesn't add up. Maybe its just me lol

And on Arron Lewis. So I am curious as to the burglary charge. Is it pertaining to Beverly Carter or is it the stolen Dump Truck?

Sunday Sept 28 careless and prohibited driving and no seatbelt (entered into court page 9/29 at 203pm)

*Notice the filing date v violation date, wonder what that means, if anything. Case ID: PCS-14-6963 - STATE V ARRON M LEWIS
Filing Date: Sunday , September 28th, 2014
Monday VIOLATON DATE Sept 29 Kidnapping
Tuesday VIOLATON DATE Sept 30 Murder ~ Robbery ~ and 3 violation of fire arms by certain person charges.
Wednesday Oct 1 Arrest warrant served (entered into court records at 939am)

Kind of off topic but on topic to some offline looking around I've been doing for Pointy Bearded white guy with grey truck. Can any locals tell me where Wheatley AR is in relation to the other areas in this case. I am quite Arkansas illiterate having only been to Little Rock once years ago. Thanks in advance!

Ding ding ding on the cheerleading thing! But I went too far earlier and got deleted so I will just keep saying that I do believe those connections, when tracked and followed closely, will LEAD TO the area that provides motive, means and opportunity. Plus it's the only real link we have between victim and accused. But there is still another person or persons not yet named and on board with the crime to my thinking. And that could be the one calling the shots. Speculation fever, I know.... but the more I find the more it feels right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow