AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm, wheels spinning. I will clutch at any kidnap scenario because it increases odds of Cassie being still alive more so than my first gut reaction which is to suspect she met with foul pay by someone known if not trusted.

Recalling the Nate Kibby kidnap of Abigail Hernadez who returned home alive and whose abductor is charged and locked up.

Not that anything that happened to Abby was good or happy but her eventual release is something that gives me hope in the possible scenario of Cassie being abducted.

STM, I am not speaking for you, but I would say that this is abundantly clear and a big problem in this case. I think we have certainly touched on one of the reasons Cassie's case brought the attention of the feds. As for interaction between Cassie and the circle of peers that might have knowledge of or have been friends with the boys associated with the murder, I certainly dont have enough info as an outsider. Going through the SM of the kids in Stuttgart, I think you can see a fair amount of "wanna be" gangsta's so to speak. We didnt get a chance this morning to talk about gang activity in the town, but I have to say that the crime stats over all are very very concerning. Seriously. The crime stats dont even include drug offenses or weapons offences. So I am really interested in gang activity. Stuttgart is also close enough to Little Rock that I could envision a spill over.

Is it generally assumed that most people have weapons in the home and do they? Not that this seems to deter crime, I am just trying to get a sense of whether we should assume there were weapons in Cassie's home.

Gang activity actually links out of Pine Bluff instead of Little Rock (taught at Dollarway 8th one year and PBHS -- 10, 11th and 12th there for ONE term). There is the little bump of a town called Humphrey on the way to PB where former student Bronshae Ferrell was killed, too.

Poster update -- When I got back from LR today, I went by the sign shop. They can make us (8) 24" x 18" signs at $7.50 each if one-sided. The count is what will create the least material waste upon machine cut. There was some techy info about choosing best pics to blow up to that size that I will address with "my contact" who attended that Sunday afternoon meeting. They'll need time to dry / cure, so I have to turn in .jpg tomorrrow. So it sounds like I have help from Charlie5 getting Wal-Mart display approval, and I will try to talk to Mack's people tomorrow afternoon myself. If anyone else has a good contact, please holler. I'll ask from the FB group for help distributing too, once I confirm they are created. About the electronic truck, it's not electronic after all. It has a rolling screen display . . . not something programmable in lights.

Oh, I figured there would be some "preppers" on here and even more individuals who are much better at researching those groups or activities than I am. If BR is part of that group, would that be a possibility as far as somewhere she could be held for a 9-month duration? ...just thinking of any and all possibilities.

This is the first I have heard of a group in the area, so I'm not sure if it would be alarming to state or federal LE. It is a good area for a "compound" though, very rural and many isolated areas around here with all available natural resources.

I just "cut and pasted" their description of themselves --This Group is Dedicated to Prophecy, and our Survival in times of great disasters.
We are a private think tank, of the most elite, thinkers on the end times ever. Our 17 year society has withstood the test of time as witness to prophets testimony and the words of our Lord that predicted the Grand Geo political and religions events we Watch.

The leader of the 1800+, MH, just moved from Casscoe to eastern Tennessee in the past three months. He has some law enforcement and/or military background. When I helped with a cemetery history project out at Casscoe a few years ago, two of the Watchers approached me to join so I could fill the vacant "teacher" position they needed for their future post-disaster society. I was quite shocked when name of group came up in interview with Klaas when they were asking about potential search sites.

I'll throw this out there, as impossible as it may sound:

What if BR took Cassie to get her away from her Mother?

TY, STM-all of those vehicle break in's scream drugs to me...what I mean is the search for items to pawn or sell, spare change and the like. I am not implying that gun ownership is problematic of course. I am trying to get a sense of ownership-for example it seems that there is a fair possibility that not all weapons are registered so they might be flying a bit under the radar. I figured that hunting is part of the culture of the town-believe me there is no judging going on here.

What I am trying to tease out is in Cassie's home were there weapons and where they might be now. I am also looking for drug prevalence-the stats I found indicated that there is a solid drug problem in the town, but I am not sharing anything you probably dont know.

"All those thugs"-who are they? Teens, young adults, is it organized? One section of town vs another?

Age range about 15- 30, definitely grouped by sections of town, loosely associated by extended families who may or may not live near one another. "Rock Island" is actually the formal name of the addition near the mills when annexed to city limits. "North Hills" is the part across the highway from the hospital. Then there are also pockets of "Eastside" and "Westside" which are really branches out of Pine Bluff. When you see SM pictures with three fingers pointing one way or another, you are supposed to be able to see if hand is a W or E -- but it is really confusing in selfies which are taken in the mirror. Then a level above the gangs of PB are ties to St. Louis, Chicago, Detriot by traditional Bloods or Crips (red or navy). We don't really have much crime out of the Hispanic sector, but in this region the Latino gangs would tie to New Orleans or Los Angeles Kings with L hand signs. (Not quite sure how Texas is supposed to fit into the mix.) Teachers get sent to workshops on crime and poverty . . .

I have absolutely no idea if this is prevalent in the area or about JC's connection or involvement. I know there are a lot of homes in the area, most being outside of city limits that have underground storm shelters. I'm sure most are stocked with necessities in case of tornadoes, but this doesn't really qualify as "prepping"... but that's all I got on the subject. lol

I think the little surge in "prepping" her came after our 2008 F-3 tornado -- one storm sweep on the night before Mother's Day Sunday. Most everything from 19th St. southward had no electricity for a full week. It took two days just to get ice shipped in to chill drinks for everyone laboring to clean up. 22nd street did get special attention to be fixed first as it has Wal-Mart, grocery, gas, fast food . . . Meals were either from Salvation Army truck or churches on the north end of town. We have a small fruit orchard on our farm, but the fruit wasn't ripe enough to eat in May. Learning to properly preserve food sounded like a great idea.

Dont you have to be 18 and show ID to buy cig? You do in my state.

I have found observation of that regulation tends to vary greatly depending on area, establishment, all the way down to employees. Teens have a network, they know where they are likelier to purchase without carding. JMO That goes for smokes, alcohol, all things "illicit" for teens.

I think the little surge in "prepping" her came after our 2008 F-3 tornado -- one storm sweep on the night before Mother's Day Sunday. Most everything from 19th St. southward had no electricity for a full week. It took two days just to get ice shipped in to chill drinks for everyone laboring to clean up. 22nd street did get special attention to be fixed first as it has Wal-Mart, grocery, gas, fast food . . . Meals were either from Salvation Army truck or churches on the north end of town. We have a small fruit orchard on our farm, but the fruit wasn't ripe enough to eat in May. Learning to properly preserve food sounded like a great idea.

makes total sense. IMO

Age range about 15- 30, definitely grouped by sections of town, loosely associated by extended families who may or may not live near one another. "Rock Island" is actually the formal name of the addition near the mills when annexed to city limits. "North Hills" is the part across the highway from the hospital. Then there are also pockets of "Eastside" and "Westside" which are really branches out of Pine Bluff. When you see SM pictures with three fingers pointing one way or another, you are supposed to be able to see if hand is a W or E -- but it is really confusing in selfies which are taken in the mirror. Then a level above the gangs of PB are ties to St. Louis, Chicago, Detriot by traditional Bloods or Crips (red or navy). We don't really have much crime out of the Hispanic sector, but in this region the Latino gangs would tie to New Orleans or Los Angeles Kings with L hand signs. (Not quite sure how Texas is supposed to fit into the mix.) Teachers get sent to workshops on crime and poverty . . .

This stuff, the lay of the land, the areas, the pockets of community or areas likely to intersect, this is what our VI locals are so helpful with. Thank you. Nobody but locals can provide this kind of flavor to the area.

The tornadoes that wiped out my small AR town, Mar. 1997 taught me much in the way of emergency preparedness....I know this is going a bit off-topic, but I feel it also speaks to the veracity of people/town able to endure hardships without a lot of help or news coverage. Pine Bluff was more of the crime/gang mecca than Little Rock, back when I lived in AR. I think PB is closer to Stuttgart?? I just can't imagine a lot of organized gang activity in such a town. Please know that I do not mean this in a bad way but there are a lot of "good ol' boys" that wouldn't put up with a lot of nonsense from "thugs" in my experience. I don't know what the current laws are in AR but I know when I was growing up, gun racks (with actual shotguns) in pick-up trucks were common. I mean that in the sense of just having a firearm of in a vehicle.

Now, since the subject of Cassie being kidnapped has been broached...I recall someone mentioning human trafficking waay up thread. Unless someone knows off-hand about the statistics or has personal knowledge regarding this particular crime, I will look it up. I've had a few friends via FB that have mentioned attending seminars and such related to human trafficking, but honestly (and naively), I've never given it much thought. Anyone versed in the area of child/human trafficking able to offer any insight? It truly comes down to - run away, kidnapped, or deceased doesn't it? I don't feel she is just lost somewhere (although I could be wrong..not the first time). I hate to be so blunt, but dancing around everything is not finding Cassie. What are the known scenarios that support each or any? I've had 2 glasses of wine (rough day beyond here) so forgive me if I'm overstepping. :blushing:

Poster update -- When I got back from LR today, I went by the sign shop. They can make us (8) 24" x 18" signs at $7.50 each if one-sided. The count is what will create the least material waste upon machine cut. There was some techy info about choosing best pics to blow up to that size that I will address with "my contact" who attended that Sunday afternoon meeting. They'll need time to dry / cure, so I have to turn in .jpg tomorrrow. So it sounds like I have help from Charlie5 getting Wal-Mart display approval, and I will try to talk to Mack's people tomorrow afternoon myself. If anyone else has a good contact, please holler. I'll ask from the FB group for help distributing too, once I confirm they are created. About the electronic truck, it's not electronic after all. It has a rolling screen display . . . not something programmable in lights.

Grateful! I have received an email from someone wonderful who is paying for the printing of the placards

LMAO! So sorry...I was looking at something else, "thinking", as I was reading the forum....I had to re-read my comment. Oy! It seems 2 glasses is my limit these days. :shame:

Grateful! I have received an email from someone wonderful who is paying for the printing of the placards

A big Wow! And Big Thank You to the donor!! And a Big Thank You to got4lilgirls!!

Locals: I am really bothered by this case and want to help in some way. Do you know if there is any need to help create new posters / signs / graphics to share online or anything like that? (I am a graphic designer.)

Also, if you need any B&W cheap prints, Staples can print 18x24 engineering prints for $1.99 each. They aren't made for photos, but with a large enough photo and from a distance, they can do in a pinch ... you can find a lot of people using them for budget-friendly large portraits in their house. This could also work great for large text posters.

I hope it's okay to offer this, I would be so glad to be able to do something.

Locals: I am really bothered by this case and want to help in some way. Do you know if there is any need to help create new posters / signs / graphics to share online or anything like that? (I am a graphic designer.)

Also, if you need any B&W cheap prints, Staples can print 18x24 engineering prints for $1.99 each. They aren't made for photos, but with a large enough photo and from a distance, they can do in a pinch ... you can find a lot of people using them for budget-friendly large portraits in their house. This could also work great for large text posters.

I hope it's okay to offer this, I would be so glad to be able to do something.

We'll see how this first distribution of 8 large posters goes over among the "inner circle" at the restaurant and individual business owners. If we start getting requests for more big posters, that engineering print price sounds good. We will target the high-traffic businesses for Wings Over the Prairie festival for one week. Those closest to the household are very sensitive to details about circumstances, and the community does not want to cause fear among the visitors. It is especially hard to communicate to the hunters we need them paying attention to every unusual detail they may see in the duck blinds / woods without giving them the Klaas briefing about how to locate a shallow grave. Remember we have no feedback from law enforcement about what existing clues have proven connections, so it still must be presented open to all possibilities (runaway, kidnapping or foul play).

The design is being finalized by a pro (fessional missing poster maker out-of-state) as the rest of us head to bed tonight. Sounds like the most difficult part will be enhancing pictures that will magnify to 250 dpi without getting blurry. Sign shop will have the file by email tomorrow. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4