MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE is not treating this as an accident.

Champion already has said investigators are treating the case as an arson, and an accelerant was used in the blaze. Three special agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Atlanta were in Courtland on Friday morning looking for clues at the crime scene.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/

The crime scene photos need a link.

Thanks.

ETA: I repaired the link in the previous post.

I trust your judgement on this since you've managed to figure out the time stamps from the various feeds and angles. The video is too poor quality, and LE has checked it out to keep questioning it. Thank you for that. Below some some screen grabs of the where Jessica Chambers and her car were burned:
View attachment 65495View attachment 65496View attachment 65497View attachment 65498View attachment 65499 more in a minute, from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZKlv6Se24

All these are good. One wonders why Sheriff Dennis Darby did not call in the State Police traffic investigators at a minimum and why Chambers' car was immediately dragged away from the tree by the flatbed tow thus obliterating crime scene evidence. Up thread someone said "...this is NOT a Barney Fife situation." I agree. Barney had more sense than Darby.

snip
Bibbs says the investigator mentioned to him that Chambers had said the name Derrick or Eric.

snip
"He said there was an accident I think down the road and your name was mentioned," said Bibbs. "And he said I think one of the other people said the only Eric I know in this area is Eric Bibbs."

snip
Bibbs told the detective he did not know Jessica Chambers and wasn't even aware of what had happened to her. The investigator never told him why he was being questioned.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/27619234...ath-jessica-chambers-says-he-did-not-know-her

LE is not treating this as an accident.

Champion already has said investigators are treating the case as an arson, and an accelerant was used in the blaze. Three special agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Atlanta were in Courtland on Friday morning looking for clues at the crime scene.

I have a feeling ATF is going to be checking out more than just the crime scene. MOO

Websleuths has what many consider stringent rules as to what can and cannot be posted, rightfully so, and as members, we accept those terms when we join. Having said that, Google can be your friend. Just because we cannot talk about it doesn't mean there isn't lots of information that is reported in places other than MSM. And with all respect intended, the more I see and read, the more I am convinced that most MSM is just as political as any other sources anymore, and just as likely to disseminate incorrect information. JMO and MOO.

There are tire marks which could possibly suggest some sort of swerving into the crime scene however they could also be from the removal of the charred vehicle. It is safe to say though that they do not show any indication that her brakes were applied. On the other hand, they show more "light" discoloration.

View attachment 65510

snip
Bibbs says the investigator mentioned to him that Chambers had said the name Derrick or Eric.

snip
"He said there was an accident I think down the road and your name was mentioned," said Bibbs. "And he said I think one of the other people said the only Eric I know in this area is Eric Bibbs."

snip
Bibbs told the detective he did not know Jessica Chambers and wasn't even aware of what had happened to her. The investigator never told him why he was being questioned.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/27619234...ath-jessica-chambers-says-he-did-not-know-her

I thought it was interesting that he added that he was home with a toothache...did he feel the need to explain a swollen jaw? (If he has one). Interesting, too that if Eric was a name she mentioned, that he lived close by the crime scene. I believe that whoever was in the car with her would've needed a way to get out of the area or live nearby.

Are we sure that she whispered a name to the volunteer firefighter?

From what I have read in MSM, firefighters responded to the call thinking it was just a car fire. Did an ambulance follow? Could she have said medic?

I want and hope so badly that Jessica was strong enough to help point to her killer(s). I just take issue with anyone being able do that with 90% of their body burned.

Assuming she was conscious, until her vocal chords, trachea and esophagus started to blister and swell, she would be able to speak, perhaps very softly or raspily but it would be possible. In the case of serious third degree burns, the victim is sometimes lucky as nerve death is an accompanying circumstance. Hopefully this was the case for Jessica. Her biggest danger was shock, I'm fairly certain that given her condition, she was likely in shock by the time paramedics responded. In that state she may not have been able to communicate what she wanted coherently, or effectively.

Websleuths has what many consider stringent rules as to what can and cannot be posted, rightfully so, and as members, we accept those terms when we join. Having said that, Google can be your friend. Just because we cannot talk about it doesn't mean there isn't lots of information that is reported in places other than MSM. And with all respect intended, the more I see and read, the more I am convinced that most MSM is just as political as any other sources anymore, and just as likely to disseminate incorrect information. JMO and MOO.

Ill try again.... thank you STEVEP~!

Two entirely different thoughts.

First - supposedly she had gone out wearing pajama pants and a hoodie? If she was planning to go to a party or to meet someone her family wouldn't have approved of, she could have been wearing other clothes underneath. I'd like to know what (if anything) she was wearing when she was found.

Second - I avoid pumping gas, but in the past when I've done it, there have been occasions when I've gotten gas on my hands. If she did, she could have wiped her hands on her pants - or she could even have splashed gas on her clothes. If she smoked, I could envision a scenario where she was driving down the road, tried to light a cigarette, perhaps dropped it or the lighter - her clothes catch fire, she panics and loses control of the car and runs off the road. Hits her head and is stunned or knocked out. By the time she comes to, a small fire has become a big fire, and she's breathing in smoke and flames...

Some years ago, about a quarter mile from my house, a car had some sort of mechanical failure (I don't remember the details). Driver pulled over to the side of the road and got out, but the car ended up totally engulfed in flame, with the flames nearly reaching the roadside power lines. No idea whether oil/gas tank ruptured, but it was definitely a case of a huge fire starting without any outside accelerant being applied. So it can happen.

BBM. As a retired firefighter, Foxfire would be far more qualified to answer, but IF accelerant was poured on her, and we know that she reportedly was burned over 98% of her body, I doubt there was enough of any clothing left to determine what she was wearing. JMO

I trust your judgement on this since you've managed to figure out the time stamps from the various feeds and angles. The video is too poor quality, and LE has checked it out to keep questioning it. Thank you for that. Below some some screen grabs of the where Jessica Chambers and her car were burned:
View attachment 65495View attachment 65496View attachment 65497View attachment 65498View attachment 65499 more in a minute, from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZKlv6Se24

Looking at a couple of those pictures, it almost looks like there might be long-term "dented" tire tracks, for want of another way of putting it. Might this normally be a known "parking" spot where kids park to make out/drink or whatever? Something I read said that it had rained heavily for a couple days before hand - if so, the ground might have been soft, and the car sunk in or even got stuck when someone tried to pull it into the "usual" spot.

So what is the purpose of the gate which is by the locations of the car fire? What is there? I have not head what it is.

Also has anyone here constructed a timeline of Jessica's activities. I had heard that the tape at the gas station was off by an hour so I wonder if that is so and how does it affect the timeline (less time or more time from gas stations sighting to 911 call?).

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/funeral-set-burned-alive-teen-article-1.2044043
District Attorney John Champion said investigators are trying to figure out if someone else was with her just moments before she was forced to drink lighter fluid and set ablaze, CNN reported. Detectives have been tight-lipped about the brutal case.

--------------------------------------

Investigators think Mississippi teen may not have been alone when she burned

------------------------------
only links
ibm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online