MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that I saw mention of the ATF and US Marshalls somewhere too. I believe it may have been an early article sometime between Dec 7 and Dec 9.

Yup. ATF is involved as they said they are treating this as an arson case. If ATF finds the arsonist(s) then we have the murder perp(s). JMO

Hi guys- I've lurked here since the Celis girl's case a couple years ago, but this case prompted me to register. I live about an hour from Batesville in Memphis, and a VERY close family member is a big media personality here. They seem to think this was just a terrible freak accident, maybe involving her KIA (they are notorious for causing fires related to fueling systems)- and that the name she spoke was her own (Jessica). Most of what has been reported seems to be heavy speculation or even made up- the fluid down the nose and throat has not been proven (the autopsy report isn't even back), there isn't a reputable source for the emergency brake, and apparently there was not a party that night. I might have to eat my words, but this just seems like an accident of some sort. I respect you guys and know you spend a lot of time researching these cases (and are heavily invested in their resolution), but I have a feeling this will end up being an accident...just my two cents. Regardless, I feel terrible for her poor family :(

Hey MemphisBelle, welcome and thank you for joining and pitching in. Interesting to have a view of what's being said regionally. All takes are welcome. I hope you stick around.

Regarding the emergency brake and recline of seats, are we sure that these were not actions done by those responsible for towing the vehicle? I'm sorry if I missed this information earlier, but I'm not clear on whether a source has been named that stated this was the state of the vehicle when it was first found before being towed. Thanks.

Regarding the emergency brake and recline of seats, are we sure that these were not actions done by those responsible for towing the vehicle? I'm sorry if I missed this information earlier, but I'm not clear on whether a source has been named that stated this was the state of the vehicle when it was first found before being towed. Thanks.

I think LE would take precautions to secure evidence/chain of custody of evidence and don't think reclining seats or emergency brake would be things to allow tow company to touch. But sorry I don't know (will try to find a link that indicates how the seat/brake were found).

Also, this video has footage that appears to match the 6:26:00 minute mark (if you look at the people leaving the store they match the time stamps from the screen shots I posted above), but the news heading covers the time stamps for the footage in this clip. http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...rt-burning-victim-before-death?autostart=true

ETA: screenshots
View attachment 65573 This would be 6:26:09
View attachment 65574 6:26:10
View attachment 65575 6:26:11 (where the screen shot above shows stripe shirt man behind Jessica's car, the people in the screen match up as far as I can see)
View attachment 65576 Also 6:26:11 (from link in my prior post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUivKX1lueE)

What I haven't found are time stamps from this footage inside: View attachment 65577 (this might be part of the missing 11 seconds, which makes me wonder what they are trying to avoid showing the viewer)

Nice grabs. Thank you

Facts must be linked up. Thank you!

Bessie...go ahead and delete my response...I heard about the ATF involved, I believe, at the so-called "presser" with the Asst>DA (or DA?) and the sheriff. Would be nice if we could stipulate what meager facts and statements there are, but I understand your position. We have no idea if ANYONE is stating facts in this, MSM or not. JMO

Bessie...go ahead and delete my response...I heard about the ATF involved, I believe, at the so-called "presser" with the Asst>DA (or DA?) and the sheriff. Would be nice if we could stipulate what meager facts and statements there are, but I understand your position. We have no idea if ANYONE is stating facts in this, MSM or not. JMO

The U. S. Marshals Service, ATF and Mississippi Bureau of Investigation are working in conjunction with Panola County investigators to solve the case.

http://www.wtva.com/mostpopular/sto...ing-Chambers-case/c8VItvljXkmyt5GGFwbEXQ.cspx

bbm

At 1:59, the angle changes and it shows 6:26:11 through the 6:26:54 mark and beyond. This is the only camera view I have seen any of the missing 54 seconds in. And we still have 11 missing completely. Here's some screen shots:
View attachment 65567 In this first one, you can see stripe shirt guy behind Jessica's car, the gas can is visible.
View attachment 65568 View attachment 65569 View attachment 65570 View attachment 65571 Stripe shirt guy is pumping gas in the rest of the shots here.

ETA link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUivKX1lueE

SBHack--

You are correct. I stand corrected.

Yes, we "still have 11 seconds missing" from 06:26:00 to 06:26:11.

(Incidentally, you'll find the same 06:26:11 through 06:26:54+ in the MyFoxMemphis video but the operator fast-forwards through that section in 8x-speed.)

Thanks for the heads up!

The U. S. Marshals Service, ATF and Mississippi Bureau of Investigation are working in conjunction with Panola County investigators to solve the case.

http://www.wtva.com/mostpopular/sto...ing-Chambers-case/c8VItvljXkmyt5GGFwbEXQ.cspx

bbm

This is reassuring news to hear via a MSM link. I am no less heartbroken than I was then the case first broke. I am deeply disturbed at the possible motives that could have driven anyone to hurt Jessica. :notgood:

My heart continues to go out to her family as they mourn her loss.

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, take note of how long Jessica remained in her car before she exits at 06:25:28. She apparently remained inside for 43 seconds from 06:24:45 to 06:25:28. These 43 seconds could account for a telephone call.

Or, she could have been rummaging around seeing how much money she had and how much gas she could afford.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/

Police are searching her data and text records after obtaining warrants Wednesday that compelled Google and her cell phone provider to give police access to her phone's content, Champion said. Investigators believe her phone will be "the key to everything," the prosecutor said. She received a call before she left her house, he said.

Heres something Ive never thought about before. IT sounds like not only cell provider but also google were subpoenaed . So Im wondering if you have a android there is info stored with google as well as other info from cell provider? If so I suppose the same thing would be the case with other phones .

Texts I do not believe are stored with google, but images/pictures, emails and your entire phone book is.

There should be hordes of reporters swarming that town, standing in front of the police dept, sheriff office, da office all of it. all over town trying to interview various citizens and especially family. And family should be talking and asking questions about the investigation. and where are the presser updates? This investigation stinks!

Sadly, I think too much of the media's attention is occupied elsewhere at the moment. Michael Brown, Cosby, a number of other cases... If it was a slow news day, Jessica would be the top story.

...catching up with today's posts. Lots of good + thoughtful musings here, everyone!

I admit I followed the link to the Justice for Jessica Facebook page + read through some of what the poster whose initials are WMC wrote... that person claims to practice [law, it's implied] in a "neighboring state." (see comment at December 14th, 8:30am local (Central) time) and has admitted WMC is not their real name (smart move, seriously).

<modsnip>

Texts I do not believe are stored with google, but images/pictures, emails and your entire phone book is.
Google also has its own "location service" that can be enabled or disabled. It works with apps that do things like find restaurants in your area, wherever you are at any given time. It also works with "maps" to provide more accurate navigation from where you are at any given time.

I wonder if Google location service keeps a log of locations? I'm not very tech savvy these days.

I dont know why people keep talking about this party from what i read the night this happend she was at home and decided to go gas up and clean out her car at the gas station . Thats why she was in her pajamas .Not many girls are going to a party in there pajamas..

I'm not sure I believe she was going to clean out the car. Seems odd that one would go after the sun had gone down (and presumably it had gotten cooler) instead of going in the daylight. If she was going to a party or to meet someone, she might not have wanted parents to know - she might have had other clothes on under the pj pants (or had clothes in her car she planned to change into) - alternately, if the party was actually a teen kegger in the woods somewhere, then maybe she wouldn't have dressed up for it, anyhow.

Sadly, I think too much of the media's attention is occupied elsewhere at the moment. Michael Brown, Cosby, a number of other cases... If it was a slow news day, Jessica would be the top story.

I think that her death is chalked up to an unfortunate consequence of a MUCH bigger problem in that community, such that the actual killer(s) could be any number of people. So, no arrests are imminent. Hopefully, ATF has meticulous investigators on the arson case. JMO

Also, this video has footage that appears to match the 6:26:00 minute mark (if you look at the people leaving the store they match the time stamps from the screen shots I posted above), but the news heading covers the time stamps for the footage in this clip. http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...rt-burning-victim-before-death?autostart=true

ETA: screenshots
View attachment 65573 This would be 6:26:09
View attachment 65574 6:26:10
View attachment 65575 6:26:11 (where the screen shot above shows stripe shirt man behind Jessica's car, the people in the screen match up as far as I can see)
View attachment 65576 Also 6:26:11 (from link in my prior post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUivKX1lueE)

What I haven't found are time stamps from this footage inside: View attachment 65577 (this might be part of the missing 11 seconds, which makes me wonder what they are trying to avoid showing the viewer)

Good conclusion, SBHack --

Striped-jacket opens the front door at 06:26:07 and can be seen at 06:26:09 moving behind the station wagon, approaching Jessica's pump in the belw screen capture #1 from the MyFoxMemphis video. The 8x-speed moves very quickly so you should stop action as soon as you see 06:26:02 or :03, and stop/start thereafter. I hope you know what I mean. Anyway, that sort of clears up the missing 06:26:00 to 06:26:54 that I've been babbling about.

Screenshot (68).jpg

But you are correct: There does not appear to be any video timestamp footage for inside screen capture #2

View attachment 65577

Each cell phone carrier has different timelines regarding data retention. I've posted the info before on other threads, and will have to find it and bring the link and image here. IDK who JC's carrier is, but it will greatly affect text message retention (from my recollection - so :moo: )

I did find this (applies to google and iPhones):

Apple's iPhones and Google's Androids Send Cellphone Location - WSJ

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703983704576277101723453610

The FBI's involvement in JC's case will mean top notch computer forensic analysis. This will mean all the difference. I said this at the beginning. If they are able to identify the MAC address(es) of anyone else who was directly in contact with her, or who was at the same location(s) with her, the picture of what happened to her in the 90 minute window before she was found will come into focus.

I will add that this same clarity appears to be needed until the time stamp issue is addressed. LE must be able to retrace JC's activities throughout the days (and weeks if need be) leading up to her death, and rule the people whose paths crossed with her in or out in a methodical manner. This takes time and patience. :cow:

I am entrusting this Task Force of Federal and local LE to make sure Jessica receives her justice. I can't imagine this NOT happening!

:moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members