MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Chambers' ex-boyfriend cleared as a suspect, despite social media claims

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but what if the words aren't true?

"Lord knows that right now, I hate that I ever put that picture on Facebook, I do," said Theresa Fleming, who is the mother of Jessica's ex-boyfriend.

"When we found out Jessica had passed, I put something on my Facebook page, it was a picture that I had of Jessica," Fleming exclusively told WMC Action News 5.

She says the photo of her son Bryan Rudd kissing Jessica when they dated a few years ago is causing a firestorm on social media.

Jessica Chambers' ex-boyfriend cleared as a suspect, despite social media claims

The ex-boyfriends mom quoted above put up the picture of Jessica Chambers with her son as an act of remembrance and paid dearly for it.

I don't think he had anything to do with it either. I think their relationship ended two years ago. He's in Waterloo. If it would turn out to be a former boyfriend, I don't see it having much to do with him. I could be wrong, but would he still be angry 2 years later?

Michael Clark reporting for WMC 5 Live

Mother (Theresa Flemming) of other young man accused online (JC's X - BR) speaks out about media firestorm. Says in a nutshell that the allegations are untrue.

He now lives in Iowa.

Also, striped sweater guy and Theresa Flemming's Cousin (person JC went over to off-camera) will be on WMC Action News tonight at 10PM CT.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/category/291427/wmc-action-news-5-livestream (Broadcasted at approximately 6:02PM CT)

Mother (Theresa Flemming) of other young man accused online (JC's X - BR) speaks out about media firestorm. Says in a nutshell that the allegations are untrue.

He now lives in Iowa.

Also, striped sweater guy and JC's Cousin (person JC went over to off-camera) will be on WMC Action News tonight at 10PM CT.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/category/291427/wmc-action-news-5-livestream (Broadcasted at approximately 6:02PM CT)

They fooled me last night, not sure if I care to be fooled again. LOL JMO

A very interesting read, imo;

CRIME SCENE STAGING AND ALTERATIONS
The CSI Effect on Criminal Investigations

By Vernon J. Geberth, M.S., M.P.S.
Former Commander of Bronx Homicide, New York City Police Department
Author of Practical Homicide Investigation: Tactics, Procedures, and Forensic Techniques. Fourth Edition

http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/PIMag0707.htm
<sniped - read more @ link>

STAGING:

"Staging a scene occurs when the perpetrator purposely alters the crime scene to mislead the authorities and/or redirect the investigation. Staging is a conscious criminal action on the part of an offender to thwart an investigation.

In my experience investigating suspicious deaths I have oftentimes had a 'gut' feeling that something was amiss. Practically speaking, 'If you have a gut feeling that something is wrong. Then guess what? Something is wrong.' Actually, that "gut" feeling is your subconscious reaction to the presentation, which should alert you to the possibility that, 'Things are not always what they appear to be'" This position is consistent with equivocal death investigations.

EQUIVOCAL DEATH INVESTIGATIONS

"Equivocal death investigations are those inquiries that are open to interpretation. There may be two or more meanings and the case may present as either a homicide or a suicide depending upon the circumstances. The facts are purposefully vague or misleading as in the case of a "staged crime scene." Or, the death is suspicious or questionable based upon what is presented to the authorities. The deaths may resemble homicides or suicides, accidents or naturals. They are open to interpretation pending further information of the facts, the victimology, and the circumstances of the event."²

Great information, thank you Foxfire. So whomever did this may have been attempting rather clumsily to stage it as an accident thus the sharp turn up the embackment?

Not 12 min, the scene is less than 2 miles from the gas station. A few minutes. If she talked to her mom that long, maybe mom was worried and there was a bit of an argument. JMO

Cady, Are you certain about your 2 minutes...and "less than 2 miles"? The map I'm looking at places the station at 8981 US-51 and the crime scene at 2355 Herron Road, and 6.4 miles between, estimated driving time 12 minutes.

SeeAlice, I'm confused now. SwampMaMa's original timeline had 06:48:xx for mom's telephone call, not 07:38:xx. I have never seen the time listed anywhere. Have you? There's a big difference here.

You are correct. I think my earlier post (which was based on your post) had the right times.

I think I sprained my brain trying to understand all of that technical fire info. LOL.

One thing that we can be fairly certain of is that the gasoline was purchased at some time at M&M gas station and was transportable. JMO

If that is indeed the case then it looks like security video at the M&M gas station should show who put gasoline into a portable gas can. Hope LE, FBI checks this out.

i know, did they have one piece of new information last night?

it honestly didnt even seem like they spent that much time on it but maybe i missed something...

*edit - this was meant to quote cady "They fooled me last night, not sure if I care to be fooled again. LOL JMO"

He now lives in Iowa.

Also, striped sweater guy and JC's Cousin (person JC went over to off-camera) will be on WMC Action News tonight at 10PM CT.

And you have to consider "what mother wouldn't say that about her son"?

i dont get how anyone could feel that it is gas or where that gas might have been purchased with any degree of certainty right now. did i miss something?

Cady, Are you certain about your 2 minutes...and "less than 2 miles"? The map I'm looking at places the station at 8981 US-51 and the crime scene at 2355 Herron Road, and 6.4 miles between, estimated driving time 12 minutes.

I don't think either of those addresses is correct, admittedly I do not want to do the math! I DID take the google streets trip from he house to the station to the crime scene though. The crime scene is not far at all from the station. JMO

i know, did they have one piece of new information last night?

it honestly didnt even seem like they spent that much time on it but maybe i missed something...

*edit - this was meant to quote cady "They fooled me last night, not sure if I care to be fooled again. LOL JMO"

I think the only new thing was that they support law enforcement and don't like the accusations being made online with no proof. Her poor mom has already been through hell and to now have strangers posting terrible things online about her & the family's friends and neighbors must be way too much to deal with, IMO.

Piggybacking off my previous post and then looking at Google maps, she needed more gas because she was not going in the direction of Batesville. She was going the opposite direction, and if you look on the map, there's nothing that direction but country. She was going to someone's home...

Mississippi Police Still Seeking Clues in Case of Teenager Burned to Death

BY CHRISTINE PELISEK
12/10/2014 AT 05:10 PM
This article is from People Mag. The following paragraph is from Ms. Pelisek's article;this is a quote from Jessica's father.
<snipped>
"There was some kind of struggle there," he (Jessica's father)says. "I think someone pulled up beside her. My thought is that the person knocked her out and thought they killed her and poured gas on her and she woke up and got out of the car."

http://people.com/article/mississippi-teen-burned-to-death-jessica-chambers-told-police-who-did-it

And you have to consider "what mother wouldn't say that about her son"?

Yes, but what mother would post those pictures as an act of remembrance if she thought her son had any chance of being a suspect. It seems to have done out of good will and nothing more.

i dont get how anyone could feel that it is gas or where that gas might have been purchased with any degree of certainty right now. did i miss something?

Truth is, we DON'T know if it was gas. just speculation as to which type of accelerant was used. I, personally, didn't read any posts about where the gas would have been purchased. There may have been some and I may have missed it, but not sure where that would have come from.

Way back in this thread, there was a discussion of gas because some of our posters with knowledge of burned cars gave their opinions from looking at pictures, but I don't think anyone stated definitively that it was gas. We just don't know until someone from LE tells us.

Received. TY. JMO

I just discovered that one Google map lists the mileage as 3.8 miles (6 minutes), and another as 6.4 miles (12 minutes). Something is screwy with Google.

Yes, but what mother would post those pictures an act of remembrance if she thought her son had any chance of being a suspect. It seems to have done out of good will and nothing more.

I agree with you on posting the photograph on facebook but I'm also saying that most mothers can even think that their child could be involved with such a heinous murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9