GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find it interesting, and I'm not even mad at NJ. Crystal has a way of finding loyal people and telling them what they need to hear. I fell for it for years and years before I saw the light. I'm not saying I know any more about the case at hand than anyone else but I do know what kind of person she is.

No I actually saw the video and photos myself. Crystal didn't tell me what I wanted to hear.

I came to this board the Friday, after BC went missing on Thursday night. I didn’t know her, only knew she was a woman close to my age that lived not that terribly far from me, and seemed like a loving family woman. Her story touched me. Her family’s pain touched me. Touched me so much that I couldn’t sleep the night she was found.

I came to this board with no idea what might have happened to her, and certainly didn’t know any of the players, be it family members of BC or of the accused. All of these people were/are strangers to me. I have no clue if CL is guilty or not, but I base my opinions on facts, which we have not seen much of. If she is guilty, then I pray like the rest of you, she has to face the punishment for the crime. But a rush to judgment, to convict anyone, is not justice for BC. Justice will never truly come for her family, because she is gone. Unless the people who did this to BC confess, then they have a lot of horrible things that they will have to face, once defense attorneys get involved. I have heard some of the rumors that have been floating around Little Rock, and I imagine those are mild compared to what will be said at the trial. This is one of those things that are hard to understand. The age old question of why do bad things happened to good people?

The Carter family’s life will never be entirely the same. If CL is guilty or innocent, her family’s life will never be the same either. Were she to be found innocent, she is still a marked woman, and that stain will always be on her children as well.

A school teacher not far from us was accused of having sex with two students in her middle school class. She of course was arrested, her family life, the good and bad was strewn all over the news. She lost her job. Her husband left her. Her friends turned away from her and her life was in ruins. On Monday those two boys admitted they lied. Made the whole thing up. A year of this teacher’s life gone and thousands of dollars spent to prove her innocent, of something she didn’t do to begin with. Sure she can get her teaching license reinstated, but do you think the stain that has been put on her name and her family will ever go away. Not entirely it won’t. There will always be people who believe that she is guilty.

None of us, no matter how well and moral we try to lives, are guaranteed to not have something horrible happen to us. I don’t ever want to be the person that judges without knowing the full story. So yes, I will continue to state my opinions, as will the rest of you, but please don’t ever insulate to me, either on this board or in PM’s that I don’t care for BC and her family. I find that highly insulting.

I've known of people falsely accused too. What you said about it ruining their lives is true. No matter that they were cleared, SOME people still like to discuss it and even speculate (meaning they add things that are not even true to the story). It's sad because even when people are cleared in this country there are still those who would rather bash than believe LE could have made a mistake. LE are human just like the rest of us.

That is why until I see the evidence against CL I am not jumping on the guilty bandwagon. That does not mean that I don't want justice for Beverly and her family. But do victims ever get justice? In a case of murder, how can there be any justice? Nothing is bringing Beverly back. I hurt for her family too.

Then let's rephrase the question. It does seem you are referring to seeing certain compromising photos and/or videos of CL's ex or someone in his household. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but if that is not what you meant to imply, then you really need to clarify...because that's the way many of the rest of us are reading it. You should spell out exactly what you *did* mean.

All of that being said, what does ANYTHING that happens in that particular household have to do with the kidnapping and murder of BC? Absolutely nothing. I also thought sleuthing any member...past or present....of CLs family was a no- no.

I believe sleuthing anyone here EXCEPT Beverly, Crystal, and Arron is a violation of TOS and I'm not the one violating them. In the post that ARmimi reposted, I was simply saying I saw a video and photo of someone other than CL that had drugs in their home. That video and photo I believe were on CL's phone that LE took from CL. That was what I was saying. I did not name who the drugs belonged to, simply made a statement.

CL was not the one doing drugs was my point.

I believe sleuthing anyone here EXCEPT Beverly, Crystal, and Arron is a violation of TOS and I'm not the one violating them. I was simply saying I saw a video and photo of someone other than CL that had drugs in their home. That video and photo I believe was on the phone that LE took from CL. That was what I was saying. I did not name who the drugs belonged to, simply made a statement.

So were the photos and video on CL's phone that she handed over to LE? Or were they on BC's phone that LE took as evidence? I'm confused.

I've known of people falsely accused too. What you said about it ruining their lives is true. No matter that they were cleared, SOME people still like to discuss it and even speculate (meaning they add things that are not even true to the story). It's sad because even when people are cleared in this country there are still those who would rather bash than believe LE could have made a mistake. LE are human just like the rest of us.

That is why until I see the evidence against CL I am not jumping on the guilty bandwagon. That does not mean that I don't want justice for Beverly and her family. But do victims ever get justice? In a case of murder, how can there be any justice? Nothing is bringing Beverly back. I hurt for her family too.

"There is no justice in the USA for the victims of crime."

This still makes me curious. What would be "justice," in your opinion, and do you include those arrested and not found guilty to be "victims"?

I was just wondering how that worked. I imagine your house would be something you wouldn't have to use. Savings etc I would think they would make you use first. I really dont know what you are allowed to have.

I don't know if they have to exhaust their assets or not on a legal defense, but you can bet your sweet bippy that if she could use that money for bail, she'd do it in a heartbeat.

Regardless, $11k would barely make a dent in any 1st degree felony defense, much less capital murder and kidnapping, IMO. (Unless you have perfect alibis for everything in question, I guess.)

I have never insinuated that Beverly did anything to get herself kidnapped and murdered. No I did not. I don't even think in that manner. This board is to sleuth the victim and accused. I'm sorry if hearing rumors is the truth. I did not however post them out of respect. There are other members here who have said the exact same thing about hearing rumors. I have had many PM with members telling me the same rumors I have heard so I know the rumors are out there.

I resent anyone saying that there are rumors about CL's friends and supports because you are basically insinuating there are rumors about ME because I am a friend and supporter of hers. I'm not to be sleuthed here. Nobody who YOU or ANYONE ELSE on this board thinks is a "friend and supporter" of CL is to be sleuthed here. It's a violation of TOS yet it happens everyday.

But let me say anything on this board and because I'm viewed as the enemy I am pounced on. I can say the same exact thing that others say yet they are thanked for their post and I'm pounced on.

I said from the beginning that I'm here for the truth. I want to know if my friend CL has been honest with me. Does that mean that if she is found guilty that I will discard her as my friend? No. I have empathy and compassion for others. Does that make me a bad person?

However, I have always stated that I want justice for Beverly (whatever that is because I don't believe there is ever any justice for the victim or families of any violent crime).

I have a friend who went through a very violent crime. She was not murdered but came close. She has never had justice even though the perpetrator is locked up for years. Another friend had their child murdered. Did they get justice just because the perpetrator is locked up? No. None of these people get their lives back as they knew them before the crime happened. We live in a messed up world. I have a lot of compassion for victims of crime because I have many friends and or family members who have suffered because of it. I'm sure many of you do too.

Can a MOD please tell us ONCE again who is to be sleuthed here? It was my understanding the following could be sleuthed:

Beverly Carter
Crystal Lowery
Arron Lewis

On which phone?

I asked this on the previous page, so it might have been overlooked: So were the photos and video on CL's phone that she handed over to LE? Or were they on BC's phone that LE took as evidence? I'm confused. BBM.

I believe sleuthing anyone here EXCEPT Beverly, Crystal, and Arron is a violation of TOS and I'm not the one violating them. I was simply saying I saw a video and photo of someone other than CL that had drugs in their home. That video and photo I believe was on the phone that LE took from CL. That was what I was saying. I did not name who the drugs belonged to, simply made a statement.

This is just a discussion forum so rules of evidence don't apply, however the concept is similar. Even if we find a second-hand source to be sincere and trustworthy, we don't know how credible or truthful the person is who provided that person with the information.

Q: What is "hearsay" evidence, and why is it usually not accepted?
A: One type of evidence that usually is not allowed by the rules of evidence is "hearsay." Hearsay is what might be called "second-hand" evidence. It usually involves a witness testifying not about what he or she personally saw or heard, but to establish as a fact something someone else told the witness. Hearsay evidence is generally not admissible because it may place crucial evidence before the court without allowing the other side to confront the person who is being quoted to challenge the accuracy of the statement or the credibility of the person who made it. The concept is similar to anonymous Internet posts; information from an unknown or unavailable source is not with much at all.

https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawYouCanUse/Pages/LawYouCanUse-90.aspx

I asked this on the previous page, so it might have been overlooked: So were the photos and video on CL's phone that she handed over to LE? Or were they on BC's phone that LE took as evidence? I'm confused. BBM.

Thanks. I did miss it. Trying to get caught up.

:modstop:

Stop the bickering. I could close this thread down now until an Admin looks at it but I'm going to give you a chance to be more respectful in your posts.

They were on phone used by CL AFTER original phone was taken by LE. The phone they took from her I assume when she was arrested on October 30th. Let me be clear that I NEVER saw Beverly's phone nor had any contact with Beverly's phone. To my knowledge Crystal never had contact with Beverly's phone nor did she know it was in her home per Crystal.

It appears there are very few links provided. Not sure why. Rumors should be considered just that rumors and really unless someone is sure and can back up what they are posting we should not spread rumors. Not fair to the victim. I'm not the MOD on this thread but that is what I would tell you all if I were moderating here. There may be a reason why rumors are acceptable here but I would not be aware of any so please until we hear from the MOD assigned let's try to post responsibly. Don't attack other posters and do not discuss PM's back and forth. It is rude and against TOS.

ETA: If you are claiming to be an insider you will need to verify with Tricia and not post inside information until that process is complete.

Thanks, Lambchop

I am not a moderator but I googled "Websleuths victim-friendly forum" and got a link to the rules and etiquette thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

I think this answers a lot of questions and solves a lot of issues that have been transpiring here that are causing conflict. I'll post it:

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

They were on phone used by CL AFTER original phone was taken by LE. The phone they took from her I assume when she was arrested on October 30th. Let me be clear that I NEVER saw Beverly's phone nor had any contact with Beverly's phone. To my knowledge Crystal never had contact with Beverly's phone nor did she know it was in her home per Crystal.

Did you ask her why she had videos of other people using drugs on her cell phone?

I'm not sure who you are implying was in the video using drugs. Regardless, why she had it on her phone is curious to me. I assume it implicates someone. Also, did she say where she got the video?

I am not trying to harass or bash you. I'm just confused about your post. Thanks for any clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paladin1166