MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it mean: "protected".....on the 'Behind The Pine Curtain' site? Why are some individuals 'protected' yet others dissected?

Looking along Hwy 50 and Glenwood Rd between Richmond and Cold Spring, there are a number of houses down very long driveways, including two homes out in the middle of a surface mine. I was looking for Bells Hill and not having much luck. Must be a local term for a particular hill or spot. Might show up on a Topo Quad or an inquiry at the local historical societies.

cGorg, do you mean the password protected links on BehindthePineCurtain? You have to ask for permission to see them. I'm guessing it's a liability thing - for example - possibly information that was discovered on the internet but now is somehow magically removed.

Phantom,

yes, that is what I was wondering. Thank you. Interesting how much info is available on some but not others.

Yes. Methinks certain people learn how to clean the internet of as much info about themselves
As possible. Fortunately some souls managed to locate and preserve info they believed to be potentially relevant to certain cases.

Richmond is a reference point. As is the distinct light....beyond that I cannot say. Bell's Hill is a drop off point.....wish I could find it. I'm wondering where it is because according to Joy's blog it's 2 miles from Jared's house...that's a LONG hike for a 12 year old boy in the middle of the night after having been assaulted. I assume the perp drove back towards Cold Spring from whence he came then stopped short of Cold Spring and told the boy(Jared) to run. The perp must have known that Jared would follow the road home. I'm guessing that Jared was dropped off either on Glenwood Rd or Hwy50 and thus close enough to know the way home.

Bell's Hill is on County Road 158, when you are leaving Cold Spring heading towards Richmond. You get a panoramic view of Richmond ahead when you are on the top of the hill. You won't find it on a map, it's called that because of a "Bell" that used to live up there. If you "google drive" down 158 toward Richmond you will see it. At the bottom of the hill is Tom Kraemer's (TKI) business - excavating, dumpsters, landfill.

Bell's Hill is on County Road 158, when you are leaving Cold Spring heading towards Richmond. You get a panoramic view of Richmond ahead when you are on the top of the hill. You won't find it on a map, it's called that because of a "Bell" that used to live up there. If you "google drive" down 158 toward Richmond you will see it. At the bottom of the hill is Tom Kraemer's (TKI) business - excavating, dumpsters, landfill.
Thanks! I did manage to find Bell's Hill by google...the rising topography is readily apparent. I also attempted to follow a logical route to the assault location....seems to me the perp would have had to make a big loop and also access Highway 23 at some point...assuming I have the assault location correct. I'm assuming Glenwood was the connecting road.

Thanks! I did manage to find Bell's Hill by google...the rising topography is readily apparent. I also attempted to follow a logical route to the assault location....seems to me the perp would have had to make a big loop and also access Highway 23 at some point...assuming I have the assault location correct. I'm assuming Glenwood was the connecting road.

There's a church near the assault location now, that wasn't there in 1989. I think we looked at it on google maps one time.

There's a church near the assault location now, that wasn't there in 1989. I think we looked at it on google maps one time.

Yup...thanks! I did see that as well but good to confirm. I think I have a picture now of the route and lay of the land....not sure how relevant it is to anything or not.

For what it's worth.

The third video on this page, has footage of Jared standing in a road and describing that, that is where he was picked up; which is just a regular residential neighborhood; and, there's also footage of him standing on another road and describing that is where he was let out.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/cr...ors-take-fresh-look-at-similar-cases/9064905/

Here's a couple of screen shots from that video.

x Jared on Street where dropped off.png x Jared on street where picked up.png

For what it's worth.

The third video on this page, has footage of Jared standing in a road and describing that, that is where he was picked up; which is just a regular residential neighborhood; and, there's also footage of him standing on another road and describing that is where he was let out.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/cr...ors-take-fresh-look-at-similar-cases/9064905/

Here's a couple of screen shots from that video.

View attachment 66480 View attachment 66481

Not sure if this link will work, but here is a map of the area between Cold Spring and Richmond. Locations marked include where Jared was dropped off by his abductor, where the abductor headed to after dropping him off, where Jacob was abducted, where Jacob was fishing with his father the morning before his abduction, and where the photo of him on horseback was taken. Hope this works, and hope it helps!

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zmwE5k5qa0zw.krzP3ibuYEB8

This *advertiser censored* has gotten away with his crime (s) for years and years -- the cretin either has no conscience or not enough courage to tell the truth. He committed a terrible crime and either was allowed to get away with it or executed his deed(s) so well that neither LE nor FBI can charge him. Did he pick up Jared in broad daylight? I know Jacob was taken in the night, but in front of two other kids! This man certainly doesn't have a confidence problem! Jared's perp "was late for an appointment at the Red Carpet Club?" Oh, okay, so was this creep a DJ? Was he also involved in other activities such as coaching young boys? Was he a local who lived in the vicinity of Jared's abduction and may have known Jacob through coaching some kind of sport such as hockey for instance? ELOC is hopefully going to connect some dots for the general public. I'm not 100% sure LE really knows who did what -- whether it was different perpetrators for Jacob and Jared or the same offender. Folks here will unveil the truth long before LE will, because I don't think they ever will. What's up with that -- possible blackmail/pay off/old boy network/"help me out with this I'll help you out with that because of course you'd never do such a terrible thing as rape a young boy." I'm just thinking out loud but I live in a high density area with probably five -- times the population as Stearns and there aren't unsolved sexual molestations of young boys -- well, frankly, there haven't been that many sexual molestations of young boys to begin with -- what gives?

ELOC do you think the Wetterlings and LE know who took Jacob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this link will work, but here is a map of the area between Cold Spring and Richmond. Locations marked include where Jared was dropped off by his abductor, where the abductor headed to after dropping him off, where Jacob was abducted, where Jacob was fishing with his father the morning before his abduction, and where the photo of him on horseback was taken. Hope this works, and hope it helps!

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zmwE5k5qa0zw.krzP3ibuYEB8

Thanks! But I can't seem to make sense of it....there's 7 points indicated but only 6 points shown on the map. I do see I was way off on Bell's Hill though.

This *advertiser censored* has gotten away with his crime (s) for years and years -- the cretin either has no conscience or not enough courage to tell the truth. He committed a terrible crime and either was allowed to get away with it or executed his deed(s) so well that neither LE nor FBI can charge him. Did he pick up Jared in broad daylight? I know Jacob was taken in the night, but in front of two other kids! This man certainly doesn't have a confidence problem! Jared's perp "was late for an appointment at the Red Carpet Club?" Oh, okay, so was this creep a DJ? Was he also involved in other activities such as coaching young boys? Was he a local who lived in the vicinity of Jared's abduction and may have known Jacob through coaching some kind of sport such as hockey for instance? ELOC is hopefully going to connect some dots for the general public. I'm not 100% sure LE really knows who did what -- whether it was different perpetrators for Jacob and Jared or the same offender. Folks here will unveil the truth long before LE will, because I don't think they ever will. What's up with that -- possible blackmail/pay off/old boy network/"help me out with this I'll help you out with that because of course you'd never do such a terrible thing as rape a young boy." I'm just thinking out loud but I live in a high density area with probably five -- times the population as Stearns and there aren't unsolved sexual molestations of young boys -- well, frankly, there haven't been that many sexual molestations of young boys to begin with -- what gives?

I share your frustrations. This cretin has no conscience or courage...but wonder if he has connections. I'll bet he does.

Was Jared's abduction planned or spontaneous...or both? In other words, did the perp know who Jared was and where he lived? He seemed to know the Kraemers. Could this be opportunistic planning? Knowing the target and waiting for the opportunity? And could this apply to Jacob's case?

ELOC do you think the Wetterlings and LE know who took Jacob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that LE may have a good idea, but I don't think they're sure. They have said many times there are multiple suspects, so that says they don't know.

Thanks! But I can't seem to make sense of it....there's 7 points indicated but only 6 points shown on the map. I do see I was way off on Bell's Hill though.

I deleted #6, because I wasn't sure of the location. That was the location of Jared's assault.

I imagine the perpetrator may have had connections, to wit, people he grew up with in the area. Who had extensive knowledge of the local area? Someone who lived there a long time. Do I think the victims were targeted? Yes, I do. I think this jerk watched them -- how did he do that? Perhaps through his community activities as a coach-- or-- while he was going about his hobbies -- what hobbies? Something involving the outdoors where his path would have crossed with the kids. Perps often like to stalk their prey. Sometimes sexual assaults/abductions are a crime of opportunity, but in the case of Jacob and Jared, I think they were targeted, observed and followed. The perp wanted a boy that was around that age and had a certain look. The raspy voice was his real voice, because under pressure, it's difficult to feign a voice like that. While executing his plan, the perp had to keep focused on the task at hand. I supposed he could have gone into an alternate voice mode but again, I think his focus was on capturing his prey and relocating to a hidden or deserted spot to assault the victim. "You can talk about this"= "I have fuzzy feelings about you and I wike you too but NAMBLA is illegal sigh." Then what happened -- did this perp assault other victims; did he get out of dodge to avoid detection; or did he manage to restrain himself from future attacks (and if so, how did he accomplish this since these urges are apparently difficult to overcome). Is the perp still there living life, unafraid of being caught, or did he relocate? If he did relocate did he commit crimes in other areas? Did he ever confess his sins to anyone? If so, why hasn't that person come forward for the sake of helping the family? Does the perpetrator deserve peace of mind for his actions more than the families deserve to know what happened? Can a perpetrator commit such awful deeds without someone close to them being suspicious (apparently yes = BTK, Jesse Matthews, East Coast rapist, etc etc). But can a local community member do these things in a small town and truly go unobserved in terms of his odd behavior? If he was a coach, did his cohorts ever sense he seemed a little too interested in the boys but not in a good way? Someone knows this man!! To this day I wonder how BTK managed to dress in women's clothing, lay down in his back yard and partially cover himself in dirt with a noose around his neck and get a picture --and no one in the home noticed or were they at a church activity? Some of Jesse Matthews friends told him he looked like the sketch of Morgan Harrington's killer but I guess they thought he wasn't capable of murder. Did no one suspect this guy of being capable of sexually assaulting a young man? The monks are obvious just because so many have histories of sexual abuse of minors (at least at St. John's). People saw Jerry Sandusky doing inappropriate things but never reported him. Why not? Why did they cover for him -- because he was the famous coach? Apparently it was more important to keep the coach's reputation intact that care about the suffering of the victims. Does that apply here? If you personally committed assaults on a young person would you be able to hide it? Would your victim remember your face? Would you be able to hide in plain sight? As for hiding a body (i.e. a real possibility in Jacob's case, alas) I imagine finding it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member