MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A possibility that something could have been contaminated is not sufficient and would be interpreted as speculation.

Thanks for clearing that up. Also the CCTV should prove useful as well in showing the integrity of the evidence was or wasn't protected.

I did not see that video...

i imagine using a generator 24/7 is very expensive. Did you see the video of gasoline guy being interviewed by a local news station? He showed a generator beside his trailer.

Cig gal, who then got in the car with gas can man?
This thread would be really confusing to someone who has never heard of this case lol.

answering my own post, lol
it was verified JC spoke to cig gal who wanted a cig.

I'm not sure that the mere opportunity of tampering will mean much.

It doesn't to me and I'm not sure if it will to a jury. Evidence is what counts.

DNA is DNA. You can't find OJ Simpsons blood and say it's not his by saying it was "contaminated" later on. JMO.
I'll just say that there is protocol for the chain of evidence. When the chain of evidence is altered, it can be deemed inadmissible. That is the problem. What we believe may or may not have occurred is irrelevant. And now I'm starting to sound like an attorney, which is not my intent. I just want to point out that there could be problems with the chain of custody of the car. A good defense attorney will make a very big deal of it.

It was a mistake. It could be a very big mistake. You can see the uneasiness in the DA's face when he is asked about it in the latest interview, which I don't have at my fingertips right now unfortunately. The chain of custody of the video at M&M could also be a problem.

There's no denying they made mistakes. Let's just hope that they have some evidence so strong, it won't matter.

Thanks for clearing that up. Also the CCTV should prove useful as well in showing the integrity of the evidence was or wasn't protected.

Unfortunately, the video may be a problem, too. Apparently, they didn't seize the video after their first viewing. They left it there. A reporter then brought it to their attention and it was later picked up. The chain of custody of the video may have been compromised as well.

Well, if you believe in conspiracy's then we have a difference in opinion. That's what I see having to happen for tampering of evidence to be possible in this case. JMO.

I think that evidence did not necessarily need to be tampered with, but a shoddy crime scene investigation leaves the appearance of possible evidence being ignored or lost. How accurately could they have photographed the surrounding grounds for footprints, tire tracks, blood, etc if they stomped all over the scene and backed a tow truck in shortly after the fire was out? IN THE DARK ? Yes, I'm sure they had some lighting, but they really should have just taped the areaoff and guarded it all night until daylight to investigate. JMO

I am more skeptical by nature, thinking that if they thought it was a slam dunk, they would have done the exact opposite, and left everything in it's place so that there could be no questions asked pertaining to the quality of their investigation. JMO.

bbm
exactly, a huge possibility imo.

I am more skeptical by nature, thinking that if they thought it was a slam dunk, they would have done the exact opposite, and left everything in it's place so that there could be no questions asked pertaining to the quality of their investigation. JMO.

Unless it presented them with a dilemma.... as to whether or not they would want to prosecute the suspects of the "slam dunk" and what sort of fallout there could be in the community. JMO

We are forgetting something. This crime occurred in MS and they will investigate it as they see fit. Not all regions of the country do everything the same way. They've been handling their investigations without our help:jail:and they will manage this one too.

We are forgetting something. This crime occurred in MS and they will investigate it as they see fit. Not all regions of the country do everything the same way. They've been handling their investigations without our help:jail:and they will manage this one too.

This is why I hope that the FBI and ATF are more involved than we are hearing....this quaint MS "justice" needs to evolve. JMO

I saw that as well. It seemed to me as if it was being thrown out there as an option, rather than fact. I would think that if this was fact, it would have been stated somewhere by LE. Then again, who knows. They are releasing as little as possible, they say in efforts to preserve what they know for presentation to GJ. JMO.

I recently read on a twitter post which did NOT supply documentation that there is no recording of the 911 call because the fire chief was called directly. NO IDEA as to the truth of this, but if true, it would explain a few things...so, hypothetically, how would this change the story? Just got me thinking... JMO

IMOO, I think the seats were like that from the get-go. Some people like to have their seats waaaaay back, to the point that I am like, 'how can you even see or reach the steering wheel'? Either that, or they were reclined way back for another reason, but regardless, I think the seats were reclined before the fire, IMO.

I agree it's not probable. I would think that the pawl and tooth would not melt away first because they're made of much thicker metal than the springs. That's just my opinion though.

What about things warping out of position and causing the seats to unlock? Is that possible? No melting needed. JMO.

i'm still wondering if le spoke to whoever lives on courtney village drive behind the gate where jessica was killed? That is the very close in proximity to the crime scene.

Chambers said she believes people in the community know what happened to her daughter, and she wants them to come forward with information.

She said the place her daughter was killed is very quiet, and she believes somebody definitely heard something the night of the murder.

http://wreg.com/2014/12/31/jessica-chambers-family-looks-to-new-year-without-answers/

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

i was curious about that as wel. I would also like to know, out of my own curiosity, who owns that land, or is it a piece of public property frequented by kids.

(reference point)

The crime scene is listed as 2352 Herron Rd (34.236653, -89.954356). A few feet NE of that location, and on the opposite side of Herron Rd, is another gated location; it is listed as 2364 Herron Rd (34.235999, -89.953285). There is a sign at 2364 listed to a ROWSEY.

Googling ROWSEY in Courtland provides listings for an agricultural farm, soybeans, live stock, cotton fields etc. However that location is 788 Herron Rd (34.218671, -89.987836), SE of the crime scene, 4.3 miles away (8 mins by car) -- a very long crow's flight from the ROWSEY sign. *Note: I do not accept Google's stated distances or times; I have found too many glaring inconsistencies in "Google Measurements".

On the other hand, if you zoom the 2364 coordinates you will note that there is a small building inside 2364, behind the locked gate. That structure is approximately 448.32 ft away from the crime scene. located along the lower, southern, Courtney Village Rd access

Other than the small building there does not appear to be anything significant between the 788 Herron Rd farm and the small building, other than (a) fields, (b) a house at 34.228764, -89.970488, (c) a house 34.227693, -89.979115, (d) a barn? 34.228573, -89.979008, and (e) a few other houses. IIRC, these are reference points along the eastern side of Herron Dr. However, along the western side of Herron, there is a great deal of housing but it is much farther down from the crime scene, and nearer Benson Rd.

With regards to the crime scene, there is nothing behind the locked gate except woodlands.... The further one inspects this area via Google satellite imagery, it is apparent that the road winds into a large, circular open area. The satellite imagery gives one the impression that the owner of the property directly behind the crime scene is some sort of agency, rather than a local, resident, land baron.

<ZOOLsnip>

[...] The nearest housing to the immediate crime scene location is on Courtney Village Dr. (34.237698, -89.950620) approximately 1100 feet NE of the crime scene (or 0.2 miles) away and located along the northern access road of Courtney

Bolded in red, I have made modification and/or additions for further clarity. I hope some of this helps answer a few questions.

With respect to accelerants --

I believe images found under the heading "Meth Labs Discovered" on page 8 of the Panola County Sheriff's Department will provide some interesting fodder for speculation. I note the quantity of Coleman camping fuel in gallons, as well as the "hose paraphernalia". It appears as if the Sheriff's Department is well acquainted with the culture of drugs, arson, and violence.

My concern regarding the tow truck incident and my alleging their mishandling of the evidence in that regard, is less focused on if/what/when/how something happened to the car while parked outside of the M&M, and more focused on the fact that any remaining evidence found in the car (if there is any) will be subject to scrutiny in court (if allowed admissible as evidence), which could lead to reasonable doubt within the jury or judge. MOO.

I'm still not sure how the tow truck driver has harmed this case by stopping at the convenience store.

I've seen posts saying that someone could have taken evidence out of the car when it was unattended. How would someone know what to take unless they were at the killing? They would have had to wait around for the tow truck and then follow in the hope that he would stop.

Why didn't they just take the evidence with them at the time of the killing? Wouldn't LE already have at least photographed the interior of the car and any evidence not already removed before the car was towed be seen in the photos?

What about altering evidence in or on the car while stopped at the store? How would someone do that without being seen? How would they even know what to tamper or destroy? A lot of forensic evidence is not visible to the naked eye.

If someone wanted to alter or cover up anything, whats the best and quickest way to do it with the car on the flatbed? Where do you even start? How do you even touch the car without leaving evidence behind that you did? The car was burnt so any disturbance of it would be easily left behind.

I really doubt that someone was able to alter, remove or destroy any evidence, in or on the car, while the tow truck driver stopped at the convenience store.

I'm willing to listen to any scenario's that could change my mind.

but how can that ever be verified?

What I don't think is likely is that a cigarette-moocher is picky. I don't think so.

I also don't like the comment LF made about JC's eyelashes---kinda' disparaging to me.

Moo

I think everyone was inside and windows closed in those homes on Courtney Dr. the evening of Nov. 6. I live in a home that is one mile south of a state highway with considerable semi-traffic. If we are outside, we can hear the sounds of traffic because our home is at a higher elevation than the highway. We can hear trucks shift gears as they navigate the hill. However, if our windows are closed and we are inside, there is silence.

BBM

How do you know this for sure?

I often go outside at various times of the day, night, and morning (in freezing cold temps or pouring rain) to walk my dogs or just look at the stars.

Hopefully you will be able to access the Archives of The Panolian via this process:

• first click this link
  • across the top banner locate "Options"
  • open the dropdown menu to "Archives"
  • When the subsequent download is finished, it is possible to select various full years from 2007 to 2014

I have provided the front page of January 1, 2013 in the above link. This is relevant to George Mister; it begins a tale of crime with his arrest, "Sheriff: alleged kidnapper is local gang leader". Later, you will need to open January 11 to page 7, "Bond reduction denied for defendant in kidnapping/robbery". The article details some interesting and perhaps relevant facts about how George Mister operates, as well as the status of his $110,000 bond.

Using the Archives from January 1, 2013 to the current day (via the above procedure) one will wonder why Mister's bond eventually was reduced enough to allow him to be free by May 24, 2013, and then re-arrested for "saggy pants".

However, regardless of the fate of George Mister, the front pages of 2013 detail a culture of drugs, gangs, violence, and murders in the Batesville/Courtland and/or Panola County Sheriff's Department jurisdiction.

I probably should have begun looking in an ascending order from 2007.

Panola County is steep -- and in deep -- in a cesspool of drugs, gangs, violence, and murders; I note though that sometime by summer 2013 DA John Champion had requested US Marshall assistance; I note also that the community is well aware of and working on these criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke